How space can ruin game experience

Indeed.
With Loot 2.0 we should get ped back for ammo spent on kills in pvp, like they have done with all destroyable objects.

Last edited:
for me space is a unwanted, boring and time consuming break i need to have between grinding.
searching for a pilot, flying .. all things that cost my time.
add the boring, flawed concept of "space" that MA introduced, viola ... there we are.

for me space is a unwanted, boring and time consuming break i need to have between grinding.
searching for a pilot, flying .. all things that cost my time.
add the boring, flawed concept of "space" that MA introduced, viola ... there we are.

But if there wasn't space...how would the planets be connected? What would be the conduit of travel between destinations?

I'm confused? No space?

EDIT: I reread your statement,.....i guess you are not against having space...just you hate space..

But yea..be weird to have a game with a bunch of planets but somehow give the player the option to avoid all the space in between them

Last edited:
But if there wasn't space...how would the planets be connected? What would be the conduit of travel between destinations?

I'm confused? No space?
the fact you can teleport from a space station to a planet or planet to underground zone means the system is already in place for you to be able to teleport planet to planet with very little changes needed.

the fact you can teleport from a space station to a planet or planet to underground zone means the system is already in place for you to be able to teleport planet to planet with very little changes needed.
There is currently a tp chip that also let’s you to between planets. It’s for devs but it’s been leaked to players in the past

the question isnt if mindark can remove content and give you a lever to pull for all professions - its more a matter if you pprefer to play an imersive game and give feedback to make it more fun or if you consider it fun to have less content and more of the same everywhere.

Indeed.
With Loot 2.0 we should get ped back for ammo spent on kills in pvp, like they have done with all destroyable objects.
The only issue could be that a pirate or pk could rack up a bunch of decay on them selves and have a brother or sister come kill them to claim the ammo and decay spent on them in the current system.

It would have to be more of a personal “bounty system” where you can only loot back your personal ped spent.
Could be a personal Bounty reward system, where you could skirmish with the same players over your life time and even if you lose every time, one day you could come out on top and claim back a portion of all your spent ped on that player in the last.

The only issue could be that a pirate or pk could rack up a bunch of decay on them selves and have a brother or sister come kill them to claim the ammo spent on them in the current system.

It would have to be more of a personal “bounty system” where you can only loot back your personal ped spent.
Could be a personal Bounty reward system, where you could skirmish with the same players over your life time and even if you lose every time, one day you could come out on top and claim back a portion of all your spent ped on that player in the last.
There is no issue there, there is a lot of mu on all the items, so they will be at a missive loss even at 100% returns

If I could teleport between planets I wouldn't play this game. Not because all I enjoy is space, I think the planets are incredible, but you would have no sense of scale. It would feel like you are in an elevator and there would be buttons; "Rock", "Caly"....that would be crazy. Maybe in 2005 you can have that...not now..

There is no issue there, there is a lot of mu on all the items, so they will be at a missive loss even at 100% returns
The current system takes all ammo and decay from players and puts it on the mob or object.
Once destroyed a portion of all that accumulated loot is given back or in some cases a player could kill steal.

If a player in pvp survives all day, there would be quite a bit of decay and ammo spent and accumulated on them, and could potentially be claimed by anyone.

So if you were to get loot back in pvp it should only be what you personally have put into that kill and could make possible a rewarding Bounty system to eventually try and kill that other player someday.

Last edited:
The only issue could be that a pirate or pk could rack up a bunch of decay on them selves and have a brother or sister come kill them to claim the ammo and decay spent on them in the current system.

to avoid exploits in such a system just have the loosers ammo/decay go in a bonus lootpool, maybe have fueltanks partially lootable ontop of looting avatars/vehicles like mobs then tt return overall would be good enough (potentially over 100% for those who win often) in space to make it worth fighting over. With mu being the cherry ontop.

to avoid exploits in such a system just have the loosers ammo/decay go in a bonus lootpool, maybe have fueltanks partially lootable ontop of looting avatars/vehicles like mobs then tt return overall would be good enough (potentially over 100% for those who win often) in space to make it worth fighting over. With mu being the cherry ontop.
I like the idea of a Bounty system 😋

If total amounts were public, would be a point of bragging rights for a player to have thousands or millions of unclaimed ped spent against them in pvp from all victims and victims would have something to work towards to claim theirs back from that some day.

Anyways, just an idea I had to improve pvp for all sides.

Back on topic. Space is awesome. 😎

Last edited:
Maybe instead of "insta loot' in space PVP they should make it more interactive like other space sims. Ship destroyed now the pirate needs to activate a tractor beam to collect loot containers or some other salvage mechanism. Maybe the assets need to be extracted like a mining claim. Also allow players to dump cargo and others to scan ships. Ships need a level of customization on par with our avatars and have some type of auto-repair bot. Ahhh well it is what it is. I would rather dump my loot in the TT than have some pirate get it if the MU is low.

Yea lol I just don't see it either...if the skulls are red u dead.

That was not what you were saying earlier. You said paraphrased "You can't be upset over lost loot, because the loot was never yours in the first place. Someone else lost it to you"

If that is what you use to justify your morally questionable choices, you are doing so under false assumptions. Noone loses their loot to you when hunting, crafting, mining. There are only winners

if you had 2 big ass warnings in red yelling at you that you're entering a lootable pvp zone at your own risk when you get jumped then no id probably get my phone film everything and put in on social media for a good laugh while pointing my finger @ you

Once again, you go around and twist meanings by deferring context. Read what i wrote and the context surrounding it if you want to discuss something.

i stole 1600 ped from a single ship once and slept very soundly, didnt feel bad for a second.

Lack of empathy is increasingly prevalent in our population. That you are unable to at least feel the pain of losing 1600 PED, regardless of the validity in how it was lost, tells a lot about your character.
exactly like it is in space lootable pvp,

There are plenty of rules and laws that are morally questionable, especially if you look cross-culturally. There are plenty of laws that allow people to do bad onto others. Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you are a good person for doing it. (There are very few circumstances in which it is okay to take what belongs to someone else. Perhaps we should all think about why it is almost universally accepted that stealing is a bad thing)

I like a lot of the ideas in this thread. A system in which there is something for the shooter to gain and the cost for the "victim" is not tied to their possessions. Frankly, if travelling ,the loss of time that being shot down means is enough. Heck, I warp everytime because the time loss from flying, even without being shot down, is too much.

Lack of empathy is increasingly prevalent in our population. That you are unable to at least feel the pain of losing 1600 PED, regardless of the validity in how it was lost, tells a lot about your character.

7dlu0w.jpg

I rarely travel through space, it’s boring as hell and I can’t afford to risk losing my hard earned bits and pieces, so I stay largely on Calypso.
Which is a shame really, I would like to try some of the other planets, IF there was an easy, less boring, and safe way to get there.
I seem to remember getting a TP to somewhere once upon a time, might have been the space station but, why not have a TP option? I guess people that have motherships might object to it though o_O

@Ferial

There are no moral choices to be made. If you abide by the EULA and the rules it puts in place, you can do as you choose. This is a virtual world, not reality.
People keep saying; "What if I carry valuables in real life?? You can't just take them"...well this is Entropia, and unlike real life, there are pvp zones...its just that simple. I just don't get why this is a moral issue.

If you fly around with 1600 peds in a Quad when a MS trip is ?? I have no idea....20 peds?

That is just greed. If you try to make money transferring goods through a pvp zone, expect to be attacked. You in my house.

But i wont loot :)

@Ferial

There are no moral choices to be made. If you abide by the EULA and the rules it puts in place, you can do as you choose. This is a virtual world, not reality.
People keep saying; "What if I carry valuables in real life?? You can't just take them"...well this is Entropia, and unlike real life, there are pvp zones...its just that simple. I just don't get why this is a moral issue.

If you fly around with 1600 peds in a Quad when a MS trip is ?? I have no idea....20 peds?

That is just greed. If you try to make money transferring goods through a pvp zone, expect to be attacked. You in my house.
I dont really care for lootable pvp in space because I just warp, but saying there is no moral choices as long as you abide by the EULA really says a whole lot about your character.

I dont really care for lootable pvp in space because I just warp, but saying there is no moral choices as long as you abide by the EULA really says a whole lot about your character.

no, it shows that you are quick to decide what you know about someone. In real life and in game I am equally kind. I never loot. Not even in a lootable pvp zone. I CAN NOT DO MORE THAN THIS.

I am not in Entropia to earn peds, I deposit to enjoy an incredible world that was created for the players. Maybe a world that often, by many, is overlooked a bit with all the globals and all the peds. In this world, if someone chooses to by a pirate and steal your peds because you are to cheap to use means specifically designed to get you to destinations safely, and this person is not breaking the EULA, than there just is no problem.

I understand peds are "real money" but you agree to rules when you invest your money into Entropia.

Mindark is god here, not w/e you have worked up in your head.

no, it shows that you are quick to decide what you know about someone.
this.
i wont go as far as saying there isnt any moral choice ever as long as you abide by the eula as you can easily work around the eula, but the mere fact of playing pirate in lootable pvp? that is far, far from being worthy of character-judging

this.

i wont go as far as saying there isnt any moral choice ever as long as you abide by the eula as you can easily work around the eula, but the mere fact of playing pirate in lootable pvp? that is far, far from being worthy of character-judging
Good thing I mentioned in my first sentence that I dont care about lootable pvp in space. If you completely remove morality and only care if what you do abides by the EULA it shows a severe lack of empathy.

A thief is a thief, no amount of sugarcoating will change that. When you call out a thief for being a thief it's just a statement of fact, character-judging may or may not come after.

Good thing I mentioned in my first sentence that I dont care about lootable pvp in space. If you completely remove morality and only care if what you do abides by the EULA it shows a severe lack of empathy.
yeah, if you exclude lootable pvp zones then yeah ofc you donyt remove morality that just makes you an ass

doing it in lootable pvp tho? arrrrr matey!

A thief is a thief, no amount of sugarcoating will change that. When you call out a thief for being a thief it's just a statement of fact, character-judging may or may not come after.
yes, although i prefer "pirate" to "thief", but no one's pretending thats not what it is: stealing.

As someone who is new to the game, I honestly have *no* idea why these lootable pvp zones were put in place? When did that happen? Because I have never seen such a PvP averse player base. There are times where I don't feel guilty for looting or stealing, because I don't do those things...i feel guilty for just shooting at people in pvp zones...i wonder if maybe it scares them a bit? most people just freeze in place or twirl around. I am laser 3...if you have kismets you have about 80% chance of shooting me down...not sure whats going on really...

Having a "game" with a real cash economy and being able to be looted in space is the biggest, most epic fail MA has produced in 20 years ... If it was not for the Normandie, I would have not even left Calypso once, as the chance of having money stolen from me (thats effectively what it is) does not sit well with me ...

Space itself is another epic fail imo, introduce a fee for interplanetary TPs and be done with it, I am here to enjoy my time, not waste it "travelling" from A to B ...

Again, if it wasnt for the Normandie and the fact they have never been looted, I would have never travelled ... I mean seriously MA, I face the risk of carried stuff stolen from me if I want to visit another planet ??

pvp4 I get ... Space I dont as I cannot avoid space to get to another planet

But if there is no space, and you can teleport...why have planets? they are just rooms lol I don't see how a game that's all about different planets could not have space?? The teleporter would act as a doorway to the planet. So the planet is just a room really? right?

I understand you have to get to the mining and all that, but you can't skip space in a sci fi MMO lol, again....yes...real money...but still MMO about living in space and being able to travel to planets...when I log in it says MMO on the screen i believe.

Also, I don't think space is that horrible. It feels way more 3D in many ways than Eve or some of the others. The Quad is one of the nicest modeled ships I have ever seen, in any game. I haven't seen it being used in many innovative ways, but that doesn't make it bad. I think it could actually be quite amazing.

I have said it before and I will say it again: It is called entropia universe.

It's not called entropia " stay on your planet if you dont want to be looted/shot down"

Pvp4 - fine. I just don't go there.
Space: there should be an option to tp for 40 ped or so to skip the whole damn fkn experience. It sucks and op is right. Many players will have quit over this fkn shite. 40 ped does not get in the way of a warp service. But it does give me the same option I have with pvp4: I just don't go there.

A thief is a thief, no amount of sugarcoating will change that. When you call out a thief for being a thief it's just a statement of fact
Well, if you are using the term "thief" in the same sense in all four instances, then sure, it's just a statement of fact by tautology, but if you intend this quote to have some nontrivial meaning, then perhaps you should make the senses explicit. The most plausible principle I can extrapolate from the statement, "a thief is a thief," would be something like "moral designations are invariant across fictional representation," which seems clearly false.

Surely you would recognize a relevant moral difference between an actor stealing something and a character they play stealing something. Surely you would recognize a relevant moral difference between an author telling a lie and a narrator they create telling a lie. Surely you would recognize a relevant moral difference between kidnapping and capturing a piece in a game of chess (even if there is a mutually agreed wager on the chess game such that the capturing action results in financial loss for the opponent). Even sticking to Entropian examples, I bet you'd recognize a relevant moral difference between shooting someone IRL and fictionally representing your avatar shooting their avatar at the Twin PVP ring.

Thus "a thief is a thief" is not at all obvious. Doing X is generally not morally equivalent to, or even a factor in analyzing, fictionally representing doing X. There would need to be some explanation given for why this particular moral designation transcends this particular fictional representation, as it would be, by far, the exception rather than the rule. The RCE element doesn't seem sufficient as an explanation; even if we modify the chess wager example to attach a dollar value to each individual piece, the line between doing X and fictionally representing doing X remains intact.

Back