How space can ruin game experience

DavinFelth

Elite
Society
Natural Born Killers
Davin Trooper Felth
I never understand the rage about lootable PvP, are people forcing you to go in the red zones with stuff on you? Its part of the game, and its part of the game you can choose to avoid 100% if you so desire.

And if getting looted makes anyone mad, can come try to loot me as im typically mining or hunting lootable anyway, I won't cry about it if i die though so have at it. PvP is an aspect of the game some people care about, and for those of us who enjoy it, we don't say areas of the game others are passionate about should be removed, so just stick to the things you enjoy, and if you dont enjoy them dont do it, simple as that.
PVP lootable "zones" that you are talking about are different than vast areas of space you "have to" enter if you want to go to another planet. Sure they are not being forced into going there, but then they can feel forced out or forced to stay where they are. I enjoy Cyrene, Ark.. but I don't enjoy 20 min lootable space ride or 10+ ped warp fees... so what am I do? Stay and miss out more or less.

messi91

Elite
Society
House of Gamers
Gaina "Messi91" Cristi
but I don't enjoy 20 min lootable space ride or 10+ ped warp fees... so what am I do? Stay and miss out more or less.

You must decide which planet you support.The more you want the more you pay, just like in real life.Stick to your bankroll and limit your expectation based on your potential input.

DavinFelth

Elite
Society
Natural Born Killers
Davin Trooper Felth
Oh I agree, that's why I stick on Calypso, just saying - there is a nice set of other planets with great content. It's unfortunate there are barriers to them. If I only have 1 hour to play I don't want to spend 20 minutes flying or however long to find a pilot - that's all I mean.

I like to be spontaneous - so I can at least do stuff like foma or CP.

messi91

Elite
Society
House of Gamers
Gaina "Messi91" Cristi
It's unfortunate there are barriers to them.
There are no barriers to them.They have their own Auction house and players can decide to sell stuff there without having to travel to calypso.Its not a barrier for them but more like a model to incentivize said planets to advertise more and keep their players as their babies.After all players decide where to stay and where to sell.

DavinFelth

Elite
Society
Natural Born Killers
Davin Trooper Felth
Yep, that's why I said that other guy had a great point that I didn't think of it like that. I am just saying I'd prefer if I could just hop and go to whatever planet on a whim freely, but it's just not designed that way. 15 min flight is a barrier, it's not a wall, its just a hurdle that I'm not willing to jump over if I get that whim is what I mean.
anyhow I think i'm off topic, but appreciate we can have some discord

messi91

Elite
Society
House of Gamers
Gaina "Messi91" Cristi
I'd prefer if I could just hop and go to whatever planet on a whim freely
And I also prefer to have all the facilities the best countries can give me while I have my ass in Romania but guess what, I have to move there and support that country in order to receive them.

San

Elite
Society
OldTimers
Sandal San Tolk
So my complaint here is that I lack the options and tools necessary to be able to select and budget for the level of safety that suits my needs. My only options, really, are either a $40 non-customizable, non-upgradeable Quad (L), or an $8,000 Privateer. That really sucks. I don't need to go full Privateer but the Quad (L) is too slow for me, what about creating some $500, $2000 and $4000 options to begin with? And what about releasing an upgrade mission for Quads (L), they do last a long time if you are just using them to go between planets and it would be worth it for me to spend a little money to upgrade mine if it means I can get there faster and out-run pirates.
It looks as if there is a gap that wants to be filled, but think of what would really happen. Pirates would be the quickest to upgrade theirs. It would lead to just forcing everybody to spend on doing the same upgrades, and if they were limited in any way, the market would simply adjust and again price it out of reach for the rest. Whatever you do, you'll end up with a level field of opponents, only how high the bar is in absolute terms determines how many players are excluded from ever getting there because they can't or aren't willing to follow along with the requirements. It would end up being seen as a mere money grab.

As it is now, it's indeed relatively inexpensive to acquire the tools needed to cross Space at all. In its own, it is much less competitive than the rest of the game, save for the high-end part of the ship market but that's to do with business, not gameplay. Being a pirate or the opposite is solely depending on your decision, not on your wallet. With the now at least realistic chances to avoid conflict altogether since the spawn point camping is gone, a compromise has been found which should work for the time being, until someone has a better idea what to do with all of it. Some steps towards space content development are made (and I'm happy that it reflects earlier suggestions) but the engine takes precedence now.

Space in Entropia to begin with was a crutch, conceived as artificial abyss between planet economies, and the solutions found by players (massive SI motherships) seemingly ran counter to the developers' initial vision. But here we are and the massive amounts of money sunk into these ships are a burden to eventual further-reaching changes. Entropia didn't start out as a space game and it doesn't seem likely it can ever become a contender to dedicated space sims, especially those whose development funds are by orders of magnitude bigger. It would be unfair to MA to expect or demand that. Who knows, with the new engine there may be potential for surprises but the open questions will remain because they are rooted in the human condition, not technicalities of a game. Therefore we will also repeat this discusson ad infinitum...

DavinFelth

Elite
Society
Natural Born Killers
Davin Trooper Felth
you are talking about a country, i'm talking about a game. I was just sharing my 2 pecs about what I don't like about space as is. not trying to over think it, but I must remember you are right and I am wrong per usual.

San

Elite
Society
OldTimers
Sandal San Tolk
you are talking about a country, i'm talking about a game. I was just sharing my 2 pecs about what I don't like about space as is. not trying to over think it, but I must remember you are right and I am wrong per usual.
I'm not sure I understand, do you mean me? Many players treat their game as if it was their country. (And their country as if it was a game, but that's for a different place to discuss.)

Deemer

Prowler
I would said that it's really a misleading context for players who want to expand new horizons, but the current space barrier is really very necessary. It's just that the only obstacle in the game is the market. If the MA succeeds in integrating traders into the "white market", it will, in my opinion, affect the overall economy. That is, when you know that you can be looted in space, but would much more easily sell your loot through a better market tool, such topics may not even exist. Just the typical trader who manages to make profits from what he buys on Ark or Cyrene.. NI... but in larger quantities... even prices of 50 ped per warp won't be a problem for them.

Yes the game needs faster and more powerful... just typical Pirate ships. But maybe this should be tied to the player's Karma so it doesn't get used by "fair players".

A lot of things can change, I'm interested to know what they do…

PPRPS..

In Love With

Elite
Beautiful SerraAngel Angel
RCE and being lootable in space does not go together, period ... This game is meant to attract investors as well as players. Space does the opposite ... When being on a planet, you are being warned prior to entering PVP4, in space you cannot go around going through lootable areas in order to get to another planet ...

I can only highly recommend TOS Normandie, never been looted, great service and very cheap to fly if you buy a multipass ... Thats about the only fix I have found when traveling space

KiriMistPrinces

Prowler
Society
Natural Born Killers
Kiri Kiri Hime
The biggest issue with space and the planet partners, in my opinion, is that it feels rushed into the universe.

We went from having Calypso and CP to 4 new planets in the course of 2 years and then Toulan 2 years after that.

It should have been a slow introduction into the universe to see how it affected an already established economy. Instead, it felt like MA saw the checks that were possible and added whatever they could as fast as they could. The planet partners never had a real chance to figure out how to bring new players in to their own small portion of this new universe. While there is some unique materials to each planet it seems like the core of blueprints and materials require resources that originated on Calypso and are shared throughout the EU. To truly have a self sustaining economy for each planet you would need almost entirely unique resources to that planet and have it generate some small need in another portion of the universe. That would make the dangers of space worthwhile to smuggle those "rare" goods across the universe. I feel like that was the intention or vision initially but was lost in a mad dash to bring money to the bottom line. Now we're left with a universe that is too big for the active player base.