Info: How to become a winner, and not a whinner

MaxArfPower

Guardian
Society
Freelancer
Max Arf Power
For as long as i been apart of this forum i have read tons of posts about how people have been loosing tons of ped's, and how they haven't globed after loosing there whole (insert deposit amount here), and feel they were ripped off. Also if you noticed certain parts of EU right now has been very bad. I could sit here and pick on certain professions, but from what i been hearing all around EU everyone in every profession is loosing something. SO in short here is some quick tips that worked out for me to help keep me from whinning on EU forums. So here is what i do, and maybe this can help some new people out and give ideas on what to do when. Again this is my personal experience, and my personal opinions.

1) EU is split up into different revival areas, and in my personal opinion if you are doing horrible in one area, move to another area. doing this helps out 75% more often then staying in the same area doing the same thing.

2) If you are hunting a certain mob and its doing bad, move on to another mob.

3) If step 2 doesn't work at all for any mobs in any area then its time to take a hour break, or move on to something that will help keep you positive. Like try and get all your TP's, or maybe 2 or 3 of them, and go back to hunting for a bit and see if it picked up.

4) if step 3 doesn't work try out mining. i always start out with enmatter, and if i do bad with that i go to ore mining. and if i do that and it stinks i move on to hunting again, and if that still stinks then move on to step 5.

5) Note at this point if your loosing peds then probably today isn't your day, stop playing, or take a gamble and try crafting. Note crafting is expensive, and only works out if you get really lucky, or have enough skills to do what you want effectively. If your still doing bad, quit crafting and move on to step 6.

6)By now hunting, mining, and crafting is all bad so don't continue to ether of these. the best thing to do is call it a day, watch tv, play other video games, or go sweat to make up your losses, or just talk with other people just chilling around EU.

7) if your frustrations are so high that you lost tons of peds and you cant stand it, maybe its time to rethink strategy. if you are hunting things that are way out of your league just to try and get that global it wont happen. if your a hunter what you need to do is start from scratch again. start with opalo and hunt exa with no armor, and a vivo t1. look at how many times they are attacking you successfully, and if you can't keep up with no armor and a fap, chances are you cant hunt any mid level mobs successfully and come out with a good return %. Again this is personal experience and my opinion. I see to many threads about if you get ghost, a good gun u can hunt mid level mobs. Sure that statement is true u can hunt mid level mobs with ghost and a good gun, but can YOU do it successfully and get a good return. look at your skills, another forum mentioned that it would be really good to have 2k evade, and a decent evader lvl to use ghost effectively. i find this to be good advice.
now if you can do exa with no armor and a fap, its time to step up to the next lvl mob, try no armor and fap again, if needed maybe pixie would help a bit and would be just enough. sometimes a bigger gun and fap will let u get away with no armor against higher mobs maturitys. So try things out play with stuff. entropiawiki.com is your best friend. Strategize before you hunt, and in return you will get more bang for your buck.

For mining at this point i would suggest try lowering your finder, or stop using a amp and see what works best. for crafting ether u got it, or u don't.

8) if you are impatient and you don't care about strategizing maybe EU is not for you. Other wise take the time to read forums, and all the tutorials available. Knowledge really is power in EU.

9)After all this is said and done, if you don't read tutorials, or read up on how to do things right, then don't post to forums about how u lost big hunting atrox olds with your pretty shiny new ghost, or nemesis, or what ever and you don't even have the skills to use them efficiently. Just go out and get a breath of fresh air, go take a walk, ride a bike, or something. Please don't post on the forums complaining. Help keep the forums a fun place to read new and exciting positive things.

10) if by chance none of this pertains to you, lets say u have the skills, u have the equipment for eco hunting big mob, and things are still bad, call it a day, and don't keep putting peds into more ammo and think your hof is to come. chances are u wont hof and get the spent peds back.

Now these are my opinions about all this, and i am farely new my self so i can't really say anything about what them peeps are doing up in cp/cnd in the rooms. And i ment this to be a quick and dirty primer into not whining on the forums and to better yourself with the game. Again this was all my personal perspective, and my opinion. Whether this information is correct for everyone that is for each to try out if you feel. I am at work right now, and after reading the forums i figure id give my perspective on some things. This was a quick little intro, i prolly missed alot of stuff for this type of information, but yet i didnt want to write a book on it, so if you feel that you can make one better feel free to, or just comment on what you think.

sincerely

Max Arf Power

3)If step 2 doesn't work at all for any mobs in any area then its time to take a hour break, or move on to something that will help keep you positive. Like try and get all your TP's, or maybe 2 or 3 of them, and go back to hunting for a bit and see if it picked up.

anyone up for a tp run :D

:monkey:

heres a dancing monkey, maybe this will make the thread more intresting. :)

haha max power! go simpsons!

you are so right, i have been playing a week and already figured this out.
I tend to move arround, check stuff out, watch a movie and sweat...
keep it intersting

Always funny seeing 'fairly new' people explaining how to profit in the game

I profit every day.
Just not in PEDs :D
People always forget that skills are worth something too.
And even those that loose for quite some time get their uber loots sooner or later.
Also one must never forget, that somehow MA has to get paid.

I have no idean how long Max has been playing, I see the EF join date was about 10 months ago, most likely joined EF sometime after starting EU. That seems long enough to be able to offer some observations in the noobie section on how location may effect loot.

hi

got to remember just because i'm fairly new to THIS game doesn't necessarily mean i never played games like this, or that i never messed with the real worlds economy. you could have a person with a PHD in economics, and a bachleor in game and simulation programming that would know how this game works without having to step foot in this game. so my word about that is why can't a fairly new person have a clue about profiting in this game? :wise:

I have no idean how long Max has been playing, I see the EF join date was about 10 months ago, most likely joined EF sometime after starting EU. That seems long enough to be able to offer some observations in the noobie section on how location may effect loot.

He said himself he is fairly new.

got to remember just because i'm fairly new to THIS game doesn't necessarily mean i never played games like this, or that i never messed with the real worlds economy. you could have a person with a PHD in economics, and a bachleor in game and simulation programming that would know how this game works without having to step foot in this game. so my word about that is why can't a fairly new person have a clue about profiting in this game? :wise:

EU works different than everything else.

Interesting thread

Interesting thread,

However you have missed out on so much, and those parts are im sure to post players the parts they enjoy the most from Entropia.

The game design is for you to play/deposit and loose or unless you can invest then you can slowly generate a profit and maybe even win. So to encorage people to Hunt & Mine and craft, is gonna in the long run, create a whole mass of winers, because they came here with the dream of winning & 99% lost.

So the parts you missed or some of them:

The fun parts to Entropia that dont cost at all or very little...

• You can enjoy the forums, learn from them, interact with them in so many fun ways, its an extension of the game - If you are a web designer or G designer or Dj or Web hoster, Artist. Poet even, Writer, Machinima director or enthusiast, forum moderator you can have fun interact and even get some bussiness while you interact,and thats part of entropia Universe. Entopiadirectory.com

• In game, you can help with events for land owners or help with main events like CND events Champians league, Sodi's Friday night one & the Wof - cost Nothing, infact I use to be paid 500 per LA per month for helping with events.

• Even sell tickets and get a few ped and get involved.

• Societies - they or many of them love events, they can be fun and keep up the moral of the soc, they also spread the word that they are a fun soc and its good to show the community, what they do, you can gain respect and get to meet alot of people, with events. The Disturbed ones are planning a noobe beacon event soon, hay get to experience one of the most adrenalin rushes in the game for free or at a small cost with a nice group of people..

• Real life events - yes they cost, but if you live close or help out MA at a gig, it can cost less, they are also part of the game, interacting with others, meeting up, and chatting and networking.

• Trading - trading to me is fun, infact if your a good crafter and a crap trader, you will loose, trading is serious and can mean the % that takes you through a week and on to the next with out a deposit.

• Shops - Buy a shop, or get a deal with a friend who owns a shop, hay he may well like the traffic and say hay no fee, bring your friends and visit and I'll give you some free item space as you seem nice - can cost nothing.

• Art - you like Art - you make art - you can advertise it, even up-load it and share it with the game - Sell it, and win.

• Make-up Artists - I diddnt like the idea to start with, till I looked at what trance is doing, its a real life art form, she's amazing - see her style and her shop in New Oxford Caves - She's also a Star at designing graphics - her Screen signs show that in an instant.

• Media - You like music & machinima - well you can make machinima for free here, wack it on youtube or Tube2Sl.com & haymay be you get a contract to do some stu8ff for money.. Im serious.

• Music - Lots of musicians here, We run 12 streams Raven-z.com of Dj' streams some of which are EU music artists - Wiseman for example and Silva. We may have some amater stuff playing as Wandera might say, hay but Ammi Winehouse is only 24 years old.

• There is work in the forums, be it in Ef or in soc forums or news and media spin off sites that are connected to Entropia..

• Writing - i know of many writers and Poets here in Entropia - Lee/ND/MS9, one day you gonna see a book in Waterstones call Mind essence (ME) by moonfish and I hope it makes you smile, or even a machinima Movie - hay quite a few people are doing that as we speak....

I'll add some machinima links here when i up-date the post...

• Events - we use to do a Swimming event each Satarday at PA mall doorway -= cost everyone nothing and we had prizes, it was fun, Simon and Emma's event the other day was fun too- 9 prizes, it was 100% free. i did find emma 2nd. but simon decided to forget me when the prizes were handed out grrrr:laugh:

You dont have to continulally spend money in Entropia to win - you can win from simply meeting other people and forming relationships and even find love - Im told....:ahh:

+rep for the starter thread, but the game can be to some a huge platform to explore and emence one's self in.

Wine over:yay:
Moonfish

For as long as i been apart of this forum i have read tons of posts about how people have been loosing tons of ped's, and how they haven't globed after loosing there whole (insert deposit amount here), and feel they were ripped off. Also if you noticed certain parts of EU right now has been very bad. I could sit here and pick on certain professions, but from what i been hearing all around EU everyone in every profession is loosing something. SO in short here is some quick tips that worked out for me to help keep me from whinning on EU forums. So here is what i do, and maybe this can help some new people out and give ideas on what to do when. Again this is my personal experience, and my personal opinions.

1) EU is split up into different revival areas, and in my personal opinion if you are doing horrible in one area, move to another area. doing this helps out 75% more often then staying in the same area doing the same thing.

2) If you are hunting a certain mob and its doing bad, move on to another mob.

3) If step 2 doesn't work at all for any mobs in any area then its time to take a hour break, or move on to something that will help keep you positive. Like try and get all your TP's, or maybe 2 or 3 of them, and go back to hunting for a bit and see if it picked up.

4) if step 3 doesn't work try out mining. i always start out with enmatter, and if i do bad with that i go to ore mining. and if i do that and it stinks i move on to hunting again, and if that still stinks then move on to step 5.

5) Note at this point if your loosing peds then probably today isn't your day, stop playing, or take a gamble and try crafting. Note crafting is expensive, and only works out if you get really lucky, or have enough skills to do what you want effectively. If your still doing bad, quit crafting and move on to step 6.

6)By now hunting, mining, and crafting is all bad so don't continue to ether of these. the best thing to do is call it a day, watch tv, play other video games, or go sweat to make up your losses, or just talk with other people just chilling around EU.

7) if your frustrations are so high that you lost tons of peds and you cant stand it, maybe its time to rethink strategy. if you are hunting things that are way out of your league just to try and get that global it wont happen. if your a hunter what you need to do is start from scratch again. start with opalo and hunt exa with no armor, and a vivo t1. look at how many times they are attacking you successfully, and if you can't keep up with no armor and a fap, chances are you cant hunt any mid level mobs successfully and come out with a good return %. Again this is personal experience and my opinion. I see to many threads about if you get ghost, a good gun u can hunt mid level mobs. Sure that statement is true u can hunt mid level mobs with ghost and a good gun, but can YOU do it successfully and get a good return. look at your skills, another forum mentioned that it would be really good to have 2k evade, and a decent evader lvl to use ghost effectively. i find this to be good advice.
now if you can do exa with no armor and a fap, its time to step up to the next lvl mob, try no armor and fap again, if needed maybe pixie would help a bit and would be just enough. sometimes a bigger gun and fap will let u get away with no armor against higher mobs maturitys. So try things out play with stuff. entropiawiki.com is your best friend. Strategize before you hunt, and in return you will get more bang for your buck.

For mining at this point i would suggest try lowering your finder, or stop using a amp and see what works best. for crafting ether u got it, or u don't.

8) if you are impatient and you don't care about strategizing maybe EU is not for you. Other wise take the time to read forums, and all the tutorials available. Knowledge really is power in EU.

9)After all this is said and done, if you don't read tutorials, or read up on how to do things right, then don't post to forums about how u lost big hunting atrox olds with your pretty shiny new ghost, or nemesis, or what ever and you don't even have the skills to use them efficiently. Just go out and get a breath of fresh air, go take a walk, ride a bike, or something. Please don't post on the forums complaining. Help keep the forums a fun place to read new and exciting positive things.

10) if by chance none of this pertains to you, lets say u have the skills, u have the equipment for eco hunting big mob, and things are still bad, call it a day, and don't keep putting peds into more ammo and think your hof is to come. chances are u wont hof and get the spent peds back.

Now these are my opinions about all this, and i am farely new my self so i can't really say anything about what them peeps are doing up in cp/cnd in the rooms. And i ment this to be a quick and dirty primer into not whining on the forums and to better yourself with the game. Again this was all my personal perspective, and my opinion. Whether this information is correct for everyone that is for each to try out if you feel. I am at work right now, and after reading the forums i figure id give my perspective on some things. This was a quick little intro, i prolly missed alot of stuff for this type of information, but yet i didnt want to write a book on it, so if you feel that you can make one better feel free to, or just comment on what you think.

sincerely

Max Arf Power

Last edited:
thank you for the positive addition Moonfish.

In response to how long i have been playing: i started somewhere in the fall of 2006, took the winter off, then came back in spring 2007, then found out about the forums and such then joined. kinda been off and on since then. so to take a guess i would have to say 12-16 months.

The point is: if you log out when loot is bad you prolly won't play at all.

You know, it's like the thing with the flowers and the bees.
You might now a lot of the theory, but as long as you do not have the experience it is only smart talking without substance.
The only ones that really know how this game works would never say, could cost them their job.
No matter how many good advices I read, nothing worked for me. Statisticss, guides and theory only give a hint on the things better not to do, but by doing them on purpose I had quite a lot of globals and some fine loot up to now. I chipped in, yanked my skills up to what I think is balanced, where others would only get tears in their eyes like in pain.
I repair my armour twice a month, don't count my loot up to every PEC and really don't care much if I run out of PEDs and can't deposit for a while.
Good advices are no walkthroughs, every ava is different like every playstyle is. No one can follow anothers "guide" and profit in the same way.

Best guide to the game is, take some risks from time to time and look that "fun" is your only profit, other stuff simply happens :D Without mistakes one can not learn a thing.

The point is: if you log out when loot is bad you prolly won't play at all.

nice point.

ive actually done that too, then came back week later at certain times and i did good. then stopped, then back on certain days and such. i then realized that for me certain days and times were really good for me. And i was able to predict whether i could break even or not hunting. I personally never really profited from hunting but i was able to manage 75%-90% returns consistantly. Though VU changed all that. i started to loose hunting, and now i am trying out to be a miner with the occasional low level mob hunts.

Another good point

You know, it's like the thing with the flowers and the bees.
You might now a lot of the theory, but as long as you do not have the experience it is only smart talking without substance.
The only ones that really know how this game works would never say, could cost them their job.
No matter how many good advices I read, nothing worked for me. Statisticss, guides and theory only give a hint on the things better not to do, but by doing them on purpose I had quite a lot of globals and some fine loot up to now. I chipped in, yanked my skills up to what I think is balanced, where others would only get tears in their eyes like in pain.
I repair my armour twice a month, don't count my loot up to every PEC and really don't care much if I run out of PEDs and can't deposit for a while.
Good advices are no walkthroughs, every ava is different like every playstyle is. No one can follow anothers "guide" and profit in the same way.

Best guide to the game is, take some risks from time to time and look that "fun" is your only profit, other stuff simply happens :D Without mistakes one can not learn a thing.

my quote from the last paragraph:

"Whether this information is correct for everyone that is for each to try out if you feel."

end quote;

i tried to cover all the common ground with this, but yeah its per person experience and not everything works for everyone. i appreciate your opinion.:)

Ok Max i think you have a point here try diferent things to loot good and if it doesnt work try anoter proffesion for a while. I can buy that, sounds logic to me.

And to whine on EF seams point less if you dosesnt know what you are doing. The treads whit questions about how to do sertain things by players willing to learn are often full of whining coments that have litle to offer the person asking the question. So i can realy understand Max when he say stop whining on EF. I think its every EF users good given right to whine but try to do it in a constructive way and have some point to it not just whine because you dont have anything better to do.

And to complain because you havent done any Uberlooting in the first couple of mounths that is point less. Oure beloved EU is not a sure way to become a millionare over night. The players making it big enough to live on the game are less them 1% alot less. If you came to make money you better work hard or leav right away, you probobaly will be the next whiner here. But if you want to have fun and are willing to spend some time working youre way up the skill lvl whit youre ava, spending some money on the way and think a new hobby can be worth some expenses you came to the right place. The differens betven EU and other games like this is that you and only you deside how much it will cost you. EU is a free game no money at all needed if you dont want to pay. And it can be the most expensive thing you ever done in youre life, its all up to you. Other games like this often cost you every mounth but if you dont have any money when you need to pay for the next mounth EU will still be avalible for free.

So why whine it was you who deposited the money and come on you must have known that it was wasted money when you did that deposit.

Just look at EF and then tell me how many EU players get rich? Deposit a amount you can loose whit out start crying and just have fun and if you are lucky that deposit will last for a long time but dont expect to get rich just have fun, when the presure of winning money fades you will have a blast.

Back