FYI: How to make your own In-HUD kill counter

Audrey Cheery Cheerful
The thread asking for a In-HUD kill counter for missions made me want to share something that made doing missions a little bit more enjoyable for me. You can easily make your own kill counter. Let's assume you have the chat window in the default position bottom left. Just open the mission window and select the mission you are working on. Then move the mission window over the chat window that the current number of kills is positioned right to the little icons that let you select what kind of chat lines you want to read. Now click the chat window. The chat window is now over the mission window but since it is translucent you can still see your current kill count without the mission window taking up valuable space. There. It's the little things. :)

If your chat window is in a different position you may have to look for a better position for the kill count showing through the chat window.

Merry Christmas! :xbiggrin:

Nice one! Thanks for sharing! :)

Nice, did you test that?

All the other dialogs (skills, pro standings) do not update in real time and you have to close and reopen them to refresh the displayed data.

OTOH:
We've been asking for "display TT left for melee where ammo count would be, or better yet, swings left" and something less obtrusive for "You have entered a Land Area" (i.e. display taxes under/next to the radar, and make 'em flash once when they change, or heck, display them on the new popup banners!)... for years.

I don't want workarounds - i want them to spent 5 mins on it and implement these things!

Nice, did you test that?

All the other dialogs (skills, pro standings) do not update in real time and you have to close and reopen them to refresh the displayed data.

it does update instantly with open window.

while we're on improving missions...tracking an iron mission should result in marking the broker on map quite nice, so i don't have to ask wiki where to turn in the quest.

it does update instantly with open window.

while we're on improving missions...tracking an iron mission should result in marking the broker on map quite nice, so i don't have to ask wiki where to turn in the quest.

Strongly agree!

...tracking an iron mission should result in marking the broker on map quite nice, so i don't have to ask wiki where to turn in the quest.

YES Please!!! :D

Nice, did you test that?

OTOH:
We've been asking for "display TT left for melee where ammo count would be, or better yet, swings left" and something less obtrusive for "You have entered a Land Area" (i.e. display taxes under/next to the radar, and make 'em flash once when they change, or heck, display them on the new popup banners!)... for years.

I don't want workarounds - i want them to spent 5 mins on it and implement these things!

I also would like to see my weight in the HUD so i don't have to check my inventory all the time to see if the last claim I drilled put me in yellow.

Nice, did you test that?

Yes, I am using this all the time. The mission window updates in real time. :)

Yes, I do this since missions started too, especially for locations and such it's easy. For kill counter it's useful, but if you do 1k+, it's not that much needed imo :).

My idea would be to make those variables selectable to place it in you hud. So when you press "L" to make changes, you could drag and drop things as your weight, mission counter etc. onto the screen or (even into special slots in your main hud). To make it even more flexible they should also make options as "show currend area taxes".

To be short: make assignable slots in the HUD that could display simple info.

I really like the quickkey/icon for the vehicle display... it takes the chat window off the hud completely. Now if you want to go hunting or whatever and not worry about the chat - you can! I really like it for shooting videos/screenprints, etc. since you don't have the chat there for people to ask questions about what the conversations are about, etc.

:)

Back