HUNT for your COUNTRY

Ooo what a kafuffle! ;)

I can understand your frustrations Team Scotland. Next weekends match is a must win one for you (but you have beaten Team Sweden before ;) ) But I must say that the change in time slots does not only affect Team Scotland. We’re all in the same boat. I have had to miss helping on the last couple of hunts and probably will not be able to make the next one due to events in RL and the given timeslots. But I guess that’s why we have a team of 12 players. I believe that if unexpected obstacles are thrown in front of one, then it usually best to try and think of a way to adapt and solve them, not just to cuss and curse. Things tend to get sorted out better that way ;)

Anyway just my two pecs and the best of luck in round 3. I hope you sort it out :)

Stop complaining please! We have had this issue: Only three members of the team were availible ... okay, we went out with three hunters. Not to speak about supporters! Whats your foolish problem?

and did you win against a team like sweden with your limited 3 man team? no I think not :rolleyes:

im outa this comp. i'm so sorry for being part of the obvious minority who actually have a life who cant just rearrange shit for our great options of all day sat. (THE day that I for one cannot compete)

so for ppl who cannot play saturday these new options suck 'donkey balls'

Last edited:
my my we're not a happy bunny are we?

and did you win against a team like sweden with your limited 3 man team? no I think not :rolleyes:

im outa this comp. i'm so sorry for being part of the obvious minority who actually have a life who cant just rearrange shit for our great options of all day sat. (THE day that I for one cannot compete)

so for ppl who cannot play saturday these new options suck 'donkey balls'

I am really sorry that you fell this way Kygon. I believe it a shame that someone would want to leave a fantastic tournament like this under such a dark cloud, and I genuinely hope you reconsider your stance on this one... Although, I'm halfway through updating the scores and Team Scotland would have to beat Team Eudoria’s round 3 score by 80 points and Team Sweden’s score by 79. It's do-able, but it reeks of rats deserting a sinking ship to me. (Joke: D)

I am also surprised at the fact that you are standing down from the WoF. I have Scottish blood in my veins and I have never known a Scotsman (or women) to back down from a fight no matter what odds were stacked against them. :)

I also believe that making assumptions of a detrimental kind towards the lives of other people taking part is a bit rude and naive. It's probably not the best way to go about things. Let's keep it friendly eh? ;)

Any way, No offense intended and I hope you do reconsider leaving the Tournament and Team Scotland can find a suitable time with Team Sweden and put in a good show.

Good luck :)

I am really sorry that you fell this way Kygon. I believe it a shame that someone would want to leave a fantastic tournament like this under such a dark cloud, and I genuinely hope you reconsider your stance on this one... Although, I'm halfway through updating the scores and Team Scotland would have to beat Team Eudoria’s round 3 score by 80 points and Team Sweden’s score by 79. It's do-able, but it reeks of rats deserting a sinking ship to me. (Joke: D)

I am also surprised at the fact that you are standing down from the WoF. I have Scottish blood in my veins and I have never known a Scotsman (or women) to back down from a fight no matter what odds were stacked against them. :)

I also believe that making assumptions of a detrimental kind towards the lives of other people taking part is a bit rude and naive. It's probably not the best way to go about things. Let's keep it friendly eh? ;)

Any way, No offense intended and I hope you do reconsider leaving the Tournament and Team Scotland can find a suitable time with Team Sweden and put in a good show.

Good luck :)

there is no times that I can hunt I dont see that as deserting a sinking ship lol

my IRL is more important to me than EU and its taken me along time to be able to say that honestly, I made a decision that EU will never adversly effect my IRL and the grief I'd have to live with to make the 1 slot that is almost possible is really not worth it... and I'm guessing you have also never met any scottish females that 'take any shit'? well my GF is scottish and has been rather accomodation with my 'virtual hunting' needs for WoF but there is only so far I plan on pushing it Ive had threats of her contacting that UK TV program 'spendaholcs' to put me on there for me EU spending! lol

Hmm, Kygon it sounds like you are invulnerable to team Scotland!
There must be some more of the remaining 10 that can hunt the new times.

I have only seen Gandolf in action from scotland and meeting him in a dark alley would be a nightmare if you dont know him ;)

Are Team Scotland saying that they can ONLY hunt on Sunday afternoons :dunno:

Surely a team of at least 4 of them could make it either Friday evening, all of Saturday or Sunday morning?

im posting here as ME not the team

Happy days are here again

there is no times that I can hunt I dont see that as deserting a sinking ship lol

my IRL is more important to me than EU and its taken me along time to be able to say that honestly, I made a decision that EU will never adversly effect my IRL and the grief I'd have to live with to make the 1 slot that is almost possible is really not worth it... and I'm guessing you have also never met any scottish females that 'take any shit'? well my GF is scottish and has been rather accomodation with my 'virtual hunting' needs for WoF but there is only so far I plan on pushing it Ive had threats of her contacting that UK TV program 'spendaholcs' to put me on there for me EU spending! lol

Splendid job! Glad you've cheered up somewhat ;)

There is many a good player who has fallen victim to their spouses wim. Fortunately I only have my daughters "evil stares" to contend with and I'm bigger than her and I think I can take her in a fight :D

Ha ha, get her to phone that TV show. It would be funny to see someone justifying their virtual items to 'non believers' :D

I have to be honest and say that you are right. I have never met a Scottish woman that would take any shit... I did know one that took the piss though :D

(don't quit the team however, there's still a chance to progress and you would be gutted if Scotland made it through and you were no longer in the team) GL ;)

Splendid job! Glad you've cheered up somewhat ;)

There is many a good player who has fallen victim to their spouses wim. Fortunately I only have my daughters "evil stares" to contend with and I'm bigger than her and I think I can take her in a fight :D

Ha ha, get her to phone that TV show. It would be funny to see someone justifying their virtual items to 'non believers' :D

I have to be honest and say that you are right. I have never met a Scottish woman that would take any shit... I did know one that took the piss though :D

(don't quit the team however, there's still a chance to progress and you would be gutted if Scotland made it through and you were no longer in the team) GL ;)

hmm i did think about going on that show to advertise EU but I'd be a little worried about the questions like "so why is it that you feel the need to spend so much in a virtual universe"

for those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/programmes/spendaholics/index.shtml

"Spendaholics Presenters Jay and Benjamin

BBC Three's Spendaholics is looking for people to take part in a brand new series to be filmed this summer.
# Are you living the champagne lifestyle on a lemonade budget?
# Do your spending habits mean you're constantly in the red?
# Are you desperate to get out of debt, but unsure how to do it?

Spendaholics is a series about people who have serious issues with spending.

Each week, our resident lifestyle guru and psychologist are on hand to offer advice and support with the aim of overcoming spending problems.

If you or someone you know might like to take part, please get in touch:"

i may not quit the team im just seriously fucked off at the shitty times so I cant help my time at the time they need me most, like most ppl woulnd be pissed in that situation

Hmm, Kygon it sounds like you are invulnerable to team Scotland!
There must be some more of the remaining 10 that can hunt the new times.

I have only seen Gandolf in action from scotland and meeting him in a dark alley would be a nightmare if you dont know him ;)

For the record... there isn't a single member of the Scotland team that ISN'T invaluable.

We live and we die as a team and if any one member is lost, then we all feel it. We are brothers and sisters and we live, love and laugh together. We will not fall beneath the hooves of mounts that carry an oppressive king. We will rise to the challenge... we will fight.... we will have our FREEEEEEDOOOOOOOMMMMM!!!

(ok, now that the speech is outta the way) Don't count Scotland out. We have many secret weapons at our disposal. We are far from done just yet.

:D

im posting here as ME not the team

Ah OK :)

Sorry you cant make any of the times. And yes I would be pissed as well.

I was not having a dig, I was just trying to find out what the keffuffle was, and scanning the posts too quickly at work :silly2:

Woah, you turn your back for two minutes and all kinda shit breaks loose:)

Right, after a careful look at the hoo-hah of the last few pages, I've found 2 actual gripes, so I'll answer those.

Firstly, I apologise for changing the times from those we had got "used to". I didn't mean to upset any advance plans of individual participants or teams.

There have been smaller changes to the time-slots, because I was not available, all the way through the Tournament. You may not have noticed, but any weeks with the same slots as the week before were that way through random chance; except the last 2. I decided to at least attend each and every hunt after finding this a much more efficient way to run it smoothly, and to take the complaints away from the Judges. This is a big event, there will be complaints, and everyone loves to hate the Referee, but I knew that'd be a part of the Job. Anyway, as I'm flying on Sunday Afternoon, I need time to update the progressing Groups for Stage 4 and sort out the Forum before I go. To make up for Sunday losing slots I added some on Saturday.
I appreciate the times were more or less regular until now and that some teams favoured Sundays. As has been pointed out, this is why you have 12 in your team. Stage 4, should teams progress, is entirely on a Sunday, so I am ready for complaints from all those who love Saturday slots:).

To the other complaint:

Kygon, I am sorry the new times weren't to your liking. Had I known that one of the 254 avatars taking part had a life, I would have cancelled my holiday:wtg:

Glad to see you lost your steam in the end:), please note that any times that do not seem suitable for you (3am etc) might be there to accommodate the needs of those playing on the other side of the world. Also please note the rest of the post, where it mentions "flexibility". Look this word up:) (You only had to suggest a more suitable time dude, I coulda judged Friday night earlier on or something....:rolleyes: )

Hurrikane

Kygon, I am sorry the new times weren't to your liking. Had I known that one of the 254 avatars taking part had a life, I would have cancelled my holiday:wtg:

well ty for the offer lol

but I simply dont undestand why you couldnt have posted here asking for some help?

its a 'big event' and I'm 100% sure you would have been offered all the help you needed to keep things 'easy' for everyone, sadly I feel its a big event that went all kinda 'half assed' in my eyes!

but hey its your event run it the way you like :)

well ty for the offer lol

but I simply dont undestand why you couldnt have posted here asking for some help?

its a 'big event' and I'm 100% sure you would have been offered all the help you needed to keep things 'easy' for everyone, sadly I feel its a big event that went all kinda 'half assed' in my eyes!

but hey its your event run it the way you like :)

...it started out as a half-assed event. It got big later on:)

Hurrikane

Slot times were always going to more tricky, that would be the 'World' part of WoF ;)

Sorry for the late post (as you may have come to expect:))

This Weekend's Match Times:

Stage 3 Round 3:

France Vs Romania: 21:00 Friday

Italy Vs Germany: 21:00 Friday

England Vs Ireland: 21:00 Friday

USA Vs Australia: 01:00 Saturday

Denmark Vs Eudoria: 16:00 Saturday

Scotland Vs Sweden: 22:00 Saturday

Denmark/Eudoria time confirmed from "evidence", lacking dual consent.

See you all there:)

Good Luck to all, and may the underdogs bite hard!

Hurrikane

Back