Hurrikane's Critters (4 out of 5)

Hurrikane

Slayer
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Oscar Hurrikane SkyQuake
LoL 4 out of 5 is not me marking myself, it's just that Mob 1, the Wraith Angel, was a hand-drawn effort kinda reminiscent of what an 8-year-old might produce, so I've left that in FPC's hands only:)

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Mob 1: (not in pic for damn good reason!)

Name:

Wraith Angel, Afire Angel, Angel of Hate

Maturities:
Weakling, Yearling, One, Taker, Spy, Killer, WarBeast, Sorceror, Deity

Twice as tall as a human, these beings were displaced from their homeworld by a combined assault by neighbouring systems, and seek new places to practice their bloody, arcane rituals. Able to live by absorbing elements from the air and soil, the only purpose they see for other life-forms, including humans, is sacrificial. Colonist Hurrikane, as a descendant of those who exiled the Angels, brought vital information of their methods to Calypso.

When attacked launch high into the sky (100m) and make swooping attacks, returning to higher positions between dives.
Attack with fireballs from long range, and flaming sword and feet up close.
Yells loudly on attack.

Attack: 50% Burn, 25% Cut, 25% Impact; or, if two attacks are allowed, 100% Burn (ranged) and 50% Burn, 25% Cut, 25% Impact (Close)

Movement: Fast
Combat: Close/Ranged
Aggression: Medium
Tameable: No
Sweatable: No
Defensive: Evader
Scanning: Humanoid Investigator

Comparable Mobs:

Wraith Angel Weakling=Atrox Guardian
Wraith Angel Deity= Atrox Slayer

Mob 2.

Name:
Grimshade/Reacher

Description:
An old poem found by Colonist Hurrikane spoke of how they looked like a cloud’s shadow moving across the ground.
While travelling the Grimshade becomes liquefied almost to a gaseous state, appearing as a dark, wispy patch moving slowly on the ground. It is several million tiny lifeforms that exist and function as one. When confronted, the patch widens, becoming a ring, and tentacles reach up from the solidifying mass, mimicking the form of those who confront it and attacking the adversary with electric shocks and concentrated acid.

Maturities:

Contrail, Mammatus, Pileus, Cumulonimbus, Nimbostratus, Stratocumulus, Altocumulus, Altostratus, Cirrus, Cirrostratus

Attack: 50% Electric, 40% Acid, 10% Cut

Movement: Very Slow
Combat: Close
Aggression: Low
Sweatable: Yes
Scanning: Animal Investigator

Comparable Mobs:

Grimshade Contrail= Oculus Old/Cersumon Mature
Grimshade Cirrostratus= Globster Alpha

Mob 3.

Name:

Riprider

A cyborg pack of bandits and mercenaries, who dwell in stolen spacecraft and make violent and merciless raids on settled planets. They are bonded to a fast all-terrain chassis and carry weighty, self-made blasters/sawn-off shotguns. Colonist Hurrikane, sole survivor of a raid on a deep-space outpost, brought vivid tales of their ferocity to Calypso.

Maturities:
Grub, Prospect, Runner, Affiliate, Member, Dealer, Secretary, Sergeant-at-Arms, Vice President, President

Fast moving (like Bristlehogs) and large aggravation zone, their front wheels lift as they accelerate. They also spin on the spot (doing doughnuts), and attack by ramming their adversary and firing their sidearms.

Attacks: 100% Impact (Vehicle) + 50% Burn, 50% Penetration (Ranged Weapon); or a combination of all three.

Movement: very fast
Combat: Close/Ranged
Aggression: Medium
Defensive: Dodger
Scanning: Mutant/Robot Investigator

Comparable Mobs:

Riprider Grub= Drone Gen 04
Riprider President= Warrior Gen 10

Mob 4.

Name:

Stoner

Living creatures made of a stone-like silica, which have taken on the shape of the building in which they were fiendishly created; the Gorelly Laboratories. Almost a thousand years since the explosion that destroyed Gorelly, they have long forgotten any traces of obedience taught by those who made them and harvest malevolence as their sole emotion. They attack by articulating their form and crushing their prey between exploding stone hammers. They were first encountered in settled areas by Colonist Hurrikane.

Maturities:
Outhouse, Shrine, Obelisk, Edifice, Monolith, Henge, Folly, Tower, Stadium, Keep

Slow moving (Slide along the ground)
Very high health/resilience

Attack: 30% Impact, 70% Shrapnel

Movement: Very Slow
Aggression: High
Tameable: Yes?
Scanning: Mutant Investigator

Comparable Mobs:

Stoner Outhouse= Molisk Guardian
Stoner Keep= Hogglo Dominant

Mob 5:

Name:

Terevermis
(Perforation Worm)

The sea-serpent Terevermis has long been a Calypso resident, but has been seen off inhabited shores only recently. It is a formidable predator with an impressive display of razor-sharp fangs, which pierce all but the toughest armour with ease. Their coming was heralded by colonist Hurrikane, who returned from a long-distance swim with vivid and grotesque scars. It is thought from the few examples killed by fishermen that these beasts could exceed fifty metres in length at the highest maturities.

Maturities: Wyrm, Eel, Lind, Serpent, Drackling, Dragonet, Wyvern, Dragon, Dragon King, Celestial Dragon
Attack: Biting and electric shock through teeth
Stab: 70%, Cut 10%, Electric 20%
Movement: Fast
Aggression: High
Sweatable: Yes
Scanning: Animal Investigator

Comparable Mobs:

Terevermis Wyrm: Merp Stalker
Terevermis Celestial Dragon: Atrox Slayer

Never thought the competition would be so high, not at all sure of these... but maybe just maybe something's there that they'll like:)

Hurrikane

Last edited:
quite a collection there..

In the bunch Stoner is my fav.

David Doer Falkayn killed a creature (Stoner Outhouse) with a value of 50 PEDs.

:lolup:

Nice critters mate, I will post mine when I get home from work today.

Very impressed with the art work

I had to lol at the thought of the Stoner society branding their lowest members as "outhouses" :laugh:

WTF - Stoner Outhouse...creativity!!!

Nice creatures gl with the competition.

(all my posts are short due to low time and so manny creatures:))

I loved the terrevermis, great work!

Nice creatures gl with the competition.

(all my posts are short due to low time and so manny creatures:))

Yep, mine too lol.

Hurrikane, don't be shy and let us see the Wraith Angel too please!

:saint::vampire::saint:

omg .. don't kill the stoners !
I have a lot of stoner friends !! .... :whistle:

Nice job, HurriKevin :thumbup:

omg .. don't kill the stoners !
I have a lot of stoner friends !! .... :whistle:

Nice job, HurriKevin :thumbup:

Me too Danielle :laugh: Love the Stoner outhouse Hurri, but come on, let us see the crayon drawing of your angel too, go for it :wtg:

Me too Danielle :laugh: Love the Stoner outhouse Hurri, but come on, let us see the crayon drawing of your angel too, go for it :wtg:

You asked for it:)

*hangs head in shame... yes, it's got a jawa face because I couldn't get the face right:))

Hurrikane

Nice and unusual concepts!

Grimshade makes me think of Zelda...

I like that one, and the Stoner too. :D

best of luck, FPC will have a really hard time deciding on a winner, so many great critters.

I like Stoner; gratz for the design.

There might be a little problem though: as Letrum joined the robot forces, I suspect there will be a lot of colonists joining the Stoner's ranks :laugh:.

I like Stoner; gratz for the design.

There might be a little problem though: as Letrum joined the robot forces, I suspect there will be a lot of colonists joining the Stoner's ranks :laugh:.

I just imagined an army of stoner's, waiting further commands from a building :laugh: :laugh:

You asked for it:)

*hangs head in shame... yes, it's got a jawa face because I couldn't get the face right:))

Hurrikane

Thanks hon, and what you on about hanging head in shame, this is one hell of a lot better than the stick men I can do :laugh: Love it, GL, would like to see this one in game for sure.

not bad

nice one. :) :)

Back