I crash evertime I launch EU

Cid fletch

Provider
Society
Skillin' Villian
Cid fletch Phule
Well, it's been a week since i've logged in, and I don't know what the issue could be. I crash every time I attempt to launch Entropia. And I get a message that says:

Entropia Universe did not shut down normally.
You may submit information about your PC configuration to Mindark.
This will help Mindark to improve Entropia Universe in future updates.
That information that will be sent if you accept is:
OS = windows XP
Memory = 1024
Graphics Adapter = NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT
Graphics Adapter Driver Version = 6.14.11.8250
Excpetion Adress = 8992475
Verision = 10.2.2.35134

So I hit OK. and another box appears.

The crash you reported contains additional data that will help us solve this problem, do you want to submit this?

So I hit OK. And well, I've submitted that at least 2 dozen times since I stopped being able to get in. Checked on entropiauniverse.com. It just told me to send those crash reports whenever I get one. And I remember how everyone helped with people who were having trouble logging in when VU 10 came around. So guys, any ideas?

try loggin in the game in safe mode with min settings. Id say something is set too high in there to allow it to boot in properly.

did you change any in game graphic s settings recently before this problem started?

if you did change it back.

Tried safe mode, didn't work, tried window, turned off sound, none of it works. Also my memory while not meeting the system requirements I was still able to launch the game and log in.

have you any firewall tha may be blocking the needed ports? a list of ports that are used are found in the FAQ section on FPC site.

Had this before VU10 myself once.
I ended up reinstalling EU because i just couldn't get it working again after a crash.
Most likely some data on your hard drive got corrupted and causes the error.

If you can still run other 3D applications now it shouldn't be a hardware problem and a reinstall of EU is your best bet.

Re-installing. We'll see if thats it.

The re install not not help. I still have the exact same issue. =(

Were any drivers updated or changed since you could last log in?

Perhaps if you try a system restore to a point when you could, may work.

1. Uninstall Entropia
2. Delete entropia folders in Documents and settings (check both specific user and all users)
3. Install Entropia with client from website
4. Should work now :)

got the same problem now after this last vu it worked fine befor this update now it crash ewry time i try to lunch eu

Yep, crashing here now too after 10.3 update.

Same shyt here. It let me login 1 time on 100 or maybe less than that since VU 10.3

I played a lot of games in my life but Entropia is the first one that is breaking almost on each VU. I dont understand at all how they can do it.

Tbh, I dont know where I find the force to keep trying and hoping.
Sometimes I think the Entropia programmers found their diploma in a boxe of Cracker Jack.
MA should stop to hire their little friends and hire real programmers.
It would save a lot of frustration for us and a lot of stress for MA.

hi there,

my last playtime was last night, all was working good, after the new update today VU 10.3 eu keeps crashing before i get the login screen, so there is something wrong with the code i think.

Same thing for me.

1. Uninstall Entropia
2. Delete entropia folders in Documents and settings (check both specific user and all users)
3. Install Entropia with client from website
4. Should work now :)

I`ll try that as soon as download ends. Thanks.

tried that like wrote above with uninstalling etc, but no changes, eu keeps crashing at black screen before i get the login screen.

Working

Now for me at least.

First the clientloader downloaded some updates but asked me to reboot computer. After that clientloader started but when launched EU a black screen flashed by and then the crash message. (stating version 10.0.2.xxxxx)

I noticed that the folder where EU is installed had very few files. Girlfriends computer instead started downloading an update via torrent and when file "Update 10.3xxxx) was downloaded on that machine I copied it to this computer and run it.

Seems somehow that the clientloader thought that it was updated even if it wasn't but after running the update-file manually it works.

Has MA posted the link to only the update and not the usual setup file? Might work for someone more then me if you manage to find it.

Same here, though I can login and play for ~2 mins, then I get BSOD. Brings back memories from win95 :laugh:

Crashing here also, after update too 10.3
can't get in here :mad:

does any one have an answer? What is this issue and what is the official solution to this desktop crashing issue? I am still waiting for the download to finish so I can try to delete Entropia Universe folders in my documents and settings folder and reinstall everything.

Same problem for me. Installed the new version, logged in was working all fine and dandy. Decided to reboot my computer due to xfire no longer working ingame, but now i get the crash message of "Entropia did not shutdown properly" everytime i run it.

i had also the message with shutdown error, but after the next start i got crashed on the black screen before the login screen shows up.

but now i got it fixed, there i use also Xfire i closed xfire, started eu and after loggin in i restarted xfire and all worked fine.

hope this tip with turning xfire off before logging in will help also others

i had also the message with shutdown error, but after the next start i got crashed on the black screen before the login screen shows up.

but now i got it fixed, there i use also Xfire i closed xfire, started eu and after loggin in i restarted xfire and all worked fine.

Turned xfire off before logging in, works perfectly :yay:

Thanks!!

Yeah tried that and it worked, thanks :D weird that it cant work with xfire on :/

It sure helped ! Thanks a lot :yay:

Shut down xfire before logging on to avoid fatal crash.

Yep, that's it, XFire!:yay:

Back