Illusion and invisibility chip?

ilike money

Guardian
Society
PYRATES OF CALYPSO
ilike ilikemoney money
what does the community think of an illusion chip? It could cast illusions on other players in pvp. For example, a lower lv could let you make them see other players (on the radar and in front of them) so they would be distracted by them and you could swoop in for the kill. An invisibility chip would let you turn invisible from mobs on the low end and on the high end make u invisible from the radar and people's eyes. These could use telepathy making a useless skill useful :D post your ideas and comments :D

There are loads of chips that could be added to give an edge in PvP :)

An illusion chip should just show an avatar on the screen, not on radar. It would be enough to give the edge in most PK situations without being too unbalanced.

There are, as mentioned, many other possible chips for PvP:
Flashbang - Blinds avatars within xx meters
Smokescreen - Create a smokescreen to hide in
MindPressure - Telepathy used to "push down on" the mind of the victim, distorting his view and muffling sounds.
Silence - Muffles all sounds in an area, allowing you to sneak up on someone easier (also telepath).
Camo - Allows user to "melt" into the background (altho this could be hard, it would be a useful telepath chip).

Also possible with other telepath chips not related to PvP:
Calming - A "Calmness Chip IV" could allow you to calm mobs with up to 0.4x the amount of psyche you have.
Mental control - Temporary mob control.
etc

Ehm, sry for going a bit off topic there, but in general I like the idea you presented and I'd support it, just as I would with any other MF suggestion that I feel would enhance the experience of myself and other MindForcers :D

An illusion chip should just show an avatar on the screen, not on radar. It would be enough to give the edge in most PK situations without being too unbalanced.

MindPressure - Telepathy used to "push down on" the mind of the victim, distorting his view and muffling sounds.
Silence - Muffles all sounds in an area, allowing you to sneak up on someone easier (also telepath).
Camo - Allows user to "melt" into the background (altho this could be hard, it would be a useful telepath chip).

Calming - A "Calmness Chip IV" could allow you to calm mobs with up to 0.4x the amount of psyche you have.
etc

Ehm, sry for going a bit off topic there, but in general I like the idea you presented and I'd support it, just as I would with any other MF suggestion that I feel would enhance the experience of myself and other MindForcers :D

Very nice! (What the op said, too!)

:yay:

etc

nice ideas :D i like the mindpressure alot and the calming there are so many things that telepathy could be used for and MF could finally be a good weapon

Chips..Chips..I Like Chips!!

Love all those ideas...Those would be so Cool!! :cool:

nice ideas :D i like the mindpressure alot and the calming there are so many things that telepathy could be used for and MF could finally be a good weapon

Well there are tons of ideas... we have metabolic for speed enhancement (badly balanced tho), so why not an acrobatic enhancement to jump higher? strength enhancement to carry more? A "burst forward" chip that allows you to "rush" forward 50-100 meters (depending on chip) in a second or two, allowing a quick escape, fast ways over not-too-broad canyons and fjords, or simply to get up a hill? A "burst forward attack" with the same thing, only ending in a melee-range attack when you hit something (would force more RL skill)?

mind shields, dmg reflecting, the ability to "split into two" visually, a kind of "flare" effect to light up the area for a few seconds if dark out, nightvision, etc...

Most of those I have posted before, but I guess it doesn't matter if they are repeated... any kind of buffs, either to movement or combat/defense capability, would be awesome :) especially if they allowed MF users to be hired as a support class by hunting teams and were balanced decently :yay:

Outside of pvp it would be useless and inside pvp it would be overpowerfull

what does the community think of an illusion chip? It could cast illusions on other players in pvp. For example, a lower lv could let you make them see other players (on the radar and in front of them) so they would be distracted by them and you could swoop in for the kill. An invisibility chip would let you turn invisible from mobs on the low end and on the high end make u invisible from the radar and people's eyes. These could use telepathy making a useless skill useful :D post your ideas and comments :D

I think that me and so all comunity wish to know what was MA idea behind MF skills before answering on your question.

Why shud one skill up to a master level and higher only to discower that his skilling was totaly useles?
One cud dream that once skilled there will be more possibilities.
For example - today we know that mastering teleportation dont give you abbility to teleport to other planets, dont give you ability to create wormhole interplanetar trawel, dont give you ability to faster TP or instant tp.
Ok that cud be a nice dream.
But there is worse.
Is enought small jamming device on LG area to show you that all your skilling in MF - teleportation was totaly useless.
So for what one need to be master teleporter then?
Nerveblast - shocking and stuning, maybe freezeing - is gone as idea, now is kinetic something.
What is hiding behind telepathy on MA side is yet to discower.

Let MA show their ideas about use of mind force first.

invisibility chip was already suggested......

there could be a dispel illusion chip and the person that the illusion is cast on would get a message. It would just be to mess with the person and put them off guard and have a good use for telepathy.:wise:

If I did, it was not a very memorable experience.

Tiny

Ah well people usually tend to forget when they lose horribly ;)

(Kidding ofc! :D I am not much of a PKer and would probably get my ass kicked by ya, think we have just met in Fort Events 3-4 times maybe :silly2:)

But that is one of the things - MindForce users are way behind on all fronts, even PvP... so why not give us something to get a bit more even?

I don't think it would be overpowered if it was balanced correctly

there could be a dispel illusion chip and the person that the illusion is cast on would get a message. It would just be to mess with the person and put them off guard and have a good use for telepathy.:wise:

While jamming should work against combat (attack/strike) chips... I feel that resistance against telepath chips should be determined by psyche; a higher psyche (both for mobs and avatars) would mean a higher chance of resisting a negative telepathy attack

All this ideas have one purpose, to jump over the skill/hp/gear/experience gap. Carebears want to kill but of course, while they are invisible so they cant be struck back and if possible using nuclear strike launch codes so they dont miss..

Problem is that such a feature will completely obliterate the thin balance existing now and as Tiny said will completely OP nibs with zero PVP practice.

I cant deny, I thought of such feature too, but i understood it is almost impossible to implement it unless MA chose to do it with a cost which will prevent spamming it like 1k peds for one shot.

But that is one of the things - MindForce users are way behind on all fronts, even PvP... so why not give us something to get a bit more even?

I don't think it would be overpowered if it was balanced correctly

One word for MF PvP - Cryogenic

But seriously...an invisibility chip in PvP, might as well just use god mode.

(I <3 fort events:D, maybe we can meet up again there)

Tiny

All this ideas have one purpose, to jump over the skill/hp/gear/experience gap. Carebears want to kill but of course, while they are invisible so they cant be struck back and if possible using nuclear strike launch codes so they dont miss..

... or it could be made so that you can not use any type of gear and/or move faster than walking while using it, then you would only be able to use it to get away or to close the distance between yourself and the PKer you're attacking... could even have a "no armor" rule saying that wearing armor makes you too heavy which results in a loss of focus, that should balance it

EDIT: And/or they do not have to be completely invisible, just harder to see like 80% cameleon... maybe even visible on radar so they are easier to find but still have a small edge

i hope a official or charlie sees this. SOME GOOD IDEAS :D

One word for MF PvP - Cryogenic

Ahh yes, the problem is that we still haven't got any with high enough range and dps to actually work well since you wont even reach most PKers before being shot down :silly2:

Back