I'm Back! Or maybe not....

Society
Universal Uprising
Julie Jewels Snow
Was a nice brief exhilarating moment downloading EU and getting to that load screen :/

I had my Gold Card and Reader in hand ready to log in and....nope.

I went in circles with support over the past several days and its basically impossible for me to regain control of my account.

I presented my identification but it didn't match the alias I had used 15 years ago when I created my account. Doesn't matter that I've put thousands into the game and I presented bank statements for all my transactions, list of all my addresses that I had used during playing Entropia Universe and offered chat history and names of individuals in game that know who I am and could vouch that based on our shared memories that I am the account owner.

Its been 20 years now that I've been a part of Entropia Universe (Had to recreate my account in 2006). Its a great game but unfortunately I'm not sure I'm ready to grind or buy another $5k worth of stats and items.

I'll keep knocking on their door every couple years and see if there is a point that their support team will provide me with an alternative method of validation than a name match between my ID and info on the account.

Until then, I wish you guys all the best in the future of EU!

What information would MindArk use to verify a real world name change? Perhaps you can validate your identity with that. If it is some document which explicitly shows the name transition, perhaps you can legally change your name to your old alias and then legally change it back.

I rather wonder if there was any account to come back to....I vaguely remember that the account gets suspended if one does not log in at least once in two years either the client or web account. after 3 years of inactivity it gets concerted to TT value and after four gets deleted ?
Something about those times...
If those 5k were of any value to you, why did you not log in at least once a year?

I'll keep knocking on their door every couple years and see if there is a point that their support team will provide me with an alternative method of validation than a name match between my ID and info on the account.

Until then, I wish you guys all the best in the future of EU!

Well... I don't know if the quality of support at MA, depends on the person you're communicating with via the support case...
(i don't know how many support agents are working there... and if a few are more keen to do their work than others)

But my case was handled more seriously as i had a similar problem back in September 2021.

Though 2 differences...

1- I was coming back from a break of 11 years (but between 11 and your 15 years... shouldn't be a big deal)
2- I didn't give a fuck if they could retrieve my account or not, because i had played 6 months between 2007 and 2010... (so no big loss)

The mail i had used to create an account was deleted since years, and i didn't even know what my account name was... ^_^

So i threw a bottle to the sea towards the ship of MA Support, via the "Send a Message"

I wrote a message telling them i'd like to retrieve my account if it was possible,

And then they answered me on my mail around 2 weeks later (i even forgot about my request when they came back to me :LOL:) telling me they retrieved an account with my Real name, and so asked me to send my ID or any documents that could prove i was the right guy.

I sent them the Front / Back of my ID in color in both PDF and JPG format... also told them i completely understood their process, and was ready to send them my Driver's license if it was not enough. (always stayed humble)

They recognized me as the rightful owner, then communicated me the name of my account, and accepted to modify my e-mail. All i had to do then was to reset my password and it was good. (the account had 600 peds on it i wasn't even expecting and for me it was good...)

Maybe try again ? but i also wish you the best of luck !

My guess is that the country matters, if your entered countries USA and France are correct. Well, France and Sweden are in the European Union. So the ways to identify someone or the requirements to prove an identity can be different.

Back