Improvement to Coloring/Texturizing (Alternative solution to coloring separate fields)

Society
Universal Brotherhood
Sarah Zap Charlton
I think it would be great if we were allowed to color separate fields, but I also think this would be even better as an alternative, or perhaps, yet another feature.

How about always leaving the fields open, at least for coloring. This would allow us to put on extra color on failed fields, and it would also allow us to mix colors in an entirely new way.

Also, I would suggest another solution to bleaching. As we're able to color all fields, any time, and mix in any color. Then we should also be able to bleach a field by making it slightly weaker, and not removing the color totally. This would be done by a separate slider, which controls the already colored field, the other slider would control the shade of the color which is being added.

Benefits
This would allow us to mix all sorts of colors, and make new unique types. It would allow us to repair failed colors, as well as bleach in a whole new way!

Coloring-new.jpg

This is for example Crimson at 50% mixed with Navy.​

Some interesting ideas. Bleaching could even become a skill/profession in its own right.

...i like the additoinal flexibility with the bleaching feature as well. The most customizable the better!

:wtg:
darri

I think it´s a great idea:)

Interesting idea, Don't know how much additional overhead tracking all the color levels would be added to the servers though.

I'd like to see color saturation more controllable by the skilled professional instead of the whim of random number generator... I'll keep my fingers crossed on this one, Sarah!

AG

We do need something, without a doubt.

I don't think this solution would take up much server-load however, as the color is saved as a number, just like in Photoshop. This is also the reason why the old Umber is darker then the new one. And mixing 25 colors would still just make a number on 6 figures, so I think it should be easy to make.

I hope Mindark will be able to make some sort of solution rather soon, at least at the implantation of the CryEngine, as there's a lot which should have been done a long time ago in this profession.

Interesting idea, Don't know how much additional overhead tracking all the color levels would be added to the servers though.

I'd like to see color saturation more controllable by the skilled professional instead of the whim of random number generator... I'll keep my fingers crossed on this one, Sarah!

AG

The more control you give the user to do exactly what they want, the happier they will be. Especially in the areas of the game where even the slightest amount of participant contribution is involved. This goes for every aspect of beauty and art. I hope MA will focus on developing more freedom for us soon :) GL

It will be very easy to make black clothes if you can mix colors... But I agree that improvements are needed.

Eh....Cryengine? :D:rolleyes:

Eh....Cryengine? :D:rolleyes:

A lot of things are being anticipated for the Cryengine... I just hope we don't err what's that word I'm looking for... you know.. get too hyped up for it...

Have we been promised new avatar looks with cryengine? I was under the impression that the avatars would stay the way they are now, clothes and armor included...?

Back