In space noone hears you scream...

Society
Titans of Space
John Black Knight
In space noone hears you scream...
Or at least thats the impression one gets when a spacecraft gets stuck.
Filing support cases, listing the issues, making suggestions on how to solve them and - nothing... there is no reaction at all. Avatars get moved / unstuck just to end up being stuck again after a few minutes or hours.
Looking at the universe as a whole - how often does it happen that one planet gets inaccessible ?
How often does it happen that a landarea gets inaccessible ?
How often does it happen that a planetary server gets inaccessible ?
What happens to bridge such a case ?
For planetary servers avatars tend to revive automatically on a neighbour server if the one where they want to get to is full / unavaiable. So there is some backup solution in place but also usually those servers are online and accessible, when they get locked it nearly always only because they are 'full'.
Why dont we have a backup solution in space ? Why dont avatars get automatically relocated to the closest spacestation when their server (spacecraft) is inaccessible ?
Why can it be that the server is inaccessible even though not 'full' but empty instead ?

Do planet partners have a number they can call when their planet goes offline ?
Would it be to much to ask for one support guy to really handle issues when it gets out of hand ?
When resetting a spaceserver can be done to move avatars, why cant the server that store the spacecraft interiors be reset at the same time ? Why dont we get a reply to our support cases and if we get one then its not signed ?
A mothership is not like a gun, coat, shop where it might be ok to fix the issue in one, two or three days a mothership is a hub of social interaction - it was designed to live on it and thats what many of us do. So when our home gets taken away we would be happy to know, would be happy to still being able to login and find out what happened, would be happy if we could sent a support case that is actually answered by a human being and cared for to be fixed. With literally hunrdreds if not thousands of players being assigned to mothership and privateer gueslists - would it be to much to ask for some kind of quick and concrete feedback to spacecraft owners to pass on to those registered on our ships ?
I really wouldnt mind to have a phonenumber that charges me several dollar a minute if that made sure that i can get an imediate responce and get action taken to make the 'world in space' / the mothership accessible again and get all avatars fixed at once. As it is now we have to wait for the day to start in mexico, which makes weekend issues extremely challenging when noone is there to care.

In real life when a car is damaged and gets brought to the garage you can always get a replacement car till your car is fixed - when will mindark start copying a guestlist of the bugged ship and provide a replacement ship till the other is repaired ? I wouldnt mind to pay for such a service.

Just some thoughts...

All those white triangles floating about CSS...with ESL you hear all this dead people asking for help....

Im all for the courtesy MS idea :cool:

When your MS is completely broken through no fault of your own, and when trying to run a sucessful passenger flight business - Surely theres a way to enable access to MA's MS until they get around to fixing the origional.... :scratch2:

Its getting so drastic im losing my mind and writing limericks!

There once was a ship called mandie,
Who’s services were very handy.
Then she got broke,
Which upset a lot of folk.
Please make her all fine and dandy!

Im all for the courtesy MS idea :cool:

When your MS is completely broken through no fault of your own, and when trying to run a sucessful passenger flight business - Surely theres a way to enable access to MA's MS until they get around to fixing the origional.... :scratch2:

Its getting so drastic im losing my mind and writing limericks!

There once was a ship called mandie,
Who’s services were very handy.
Then she got broke,
Which upset a lot of folk.
Please make her all fine and dandy!

On behalf of that great poem i want to give a special thank you to Danotti in making the Varyag avaiable for us yesterday so that we could perform our scheduled flight and keep providing a 'good customer service' - at least as good as it can be under the current circumstances.
Good customer service is 80% about care and 20% about solving issues... - thats how i see it.
Listening is more then half the way to solving.

Customer service, or rather the leak of it

Customer service, or rather the leak of it

JBK wrote:
Good customer service is 80% about care and 20% about solving issues... - thats how i see it.
Listening is more then half the way to solving.

Agreed! But I take it one step further - I (in RL) allways provide a 110% interest
in my customers - With out customers? No business at all!

So what I realy, REALY! do NOT!!! understand, is the total abcense of MA's customer service.

Do MA realy think this will stay insdie the walls? That no one on the outside will hear or know?
I tell you, it is notability and reputation that is on stake here. Some read about real cash economy
and they go in as golddiggers, beliveing they will strike the big Jackpot. At least a lot think so, but
do think of the conditional relation between the "real-cash" marketing campagin and the fact of ultra
poor customer service? That ain't nowhere near logical.

We have people, investing, what you could by a RL car for. They give players an extra game experience.
Such people, MA should show aa special interest in, as I would consider them VIP customers, but MA do
NOT?

My advice to MA would be, shape up. Hire a person able to provide customer service.
With knowledge, lust, drive and understanding for it.

I wonder what and how the tradesmen of tradesmen, think of MA "Customer Service" ?
In China you don't ask: "How are you?" - But: "How's your business?"
They of all people, know the importance of good costumer (planing) care.
Take the resent mission? The "pod" one? Awesome. That is the way to do it!!

I admire the eastern way of thinking. Long termed plans, insight. If you're curious or would like
to know more, do read Miyamoto Musashi's: Go Rin No Sho, or in english; The Book of Five Rings.

BTW? Göteborg ain't that far from me. I live in Copenhagen.
I would like to offer MA Göteborg, 1 hour free Customer Service Consultation.
Do not hesitate MA, please contact me either ingame, or from this page ;)

ONE HELL OF A TENGU

i kinda like it tbh,
i know it all sux for you folk..
but we pirates from Skulls Cartel had a pretty good time yesterday shooting down that mothership Varyag ;)
too bad the potential targets including the captain abandoned ship and game right before the explosion ^^
how usefull a friendlist and player register can be

i kinda like it tbh,
i know it all sux for you folk..
but we pirates from Skulls Cartel had a pretty good time yesterday shooting down that mothership Varyag ;)
too bad the potential targets including the captain abandoned ship and game right before the explosion ^^
how usefull a friendlist and player register can be

You better keep to the truth stagger, i kept on it till i got diconnected uppon reviving, there is no way i would pull the plug when in command - sorry you guys failed to find the guy in the white coat floating in space still with all his hunting loot and even a global in it ;-)
And the reason you got propulsion down at that time was actually that i had given the log out command for those with stackables already.
There was no point in continuing this fight with all of you misusing the attack range design flaw of mindark and shooting from 'out of range' where we couldnt retaliate fire.

And the reason you got propulsion down at that time was actually that i had given the log out command for those with stackables already.
well yeah.. to be honest.. seeing at how fast the ship was dying, i'm sure it's not just because you let the guys log off to save their stackables from being looted in a fair way ;)

There was no point in continuing this fight with all of you misusing the attack range design flaw of mindark and shooting from 'out of range' where we couldnt retaliate fire.

you do realise that the range in which we are unhittable your talking about..
is actually a diffrence of 0.0017au range from when we can hit you guys?

I'm pretty sure considering the fact that a mothership can kill a quad in 4 hits, and your ms has over 50k SI..
that MA has made that diffrence to let quads even stand a chance against the firepower of 4 gunners.
besides.. it's 0.0017au.., can't you as a pilot just move backwards and fix the range??
i know you can, because 2 quads died in the fight.

well yeah.. to be honest.. seeing at how fast the ship was dying, i'm sure it's not just because you let the guys log off to save their stackables from being looted in a fair way ;)

you do realise that the range in which we are unhittable your talking about..
is actually a diffrence of 0.0017au range from when we can hit you guys?

I'm pretty sure considering the fact that a mothership can kill a quad in 4 hits, and your ms has over 50k SI..
that MA has made that diffrence to let quads even stand a chance against the firepower of 4 gunners.
besides.. it's 0.0017au.., can't you as a pilot just move backwards and fix the range??
i know you can, because 2 quads died in the fight.

Maybe take a look at motherships again next time you shoot from behand - there is 6 gun turrets mounted above hangar bay which are currently not accessible due to mindark doing a realy wiered assignment for the fist 3 - so you can be sure that the ship per design is intended to be defended in all directions.
And dont tell me that catching a quad speedwise with a mothership is the intended way to go when you can switch speed and direction ten times faster then the mothership :laugh:
Regardless dont claim to have killed a ship of the power of the Normandie, the ship you killed has alot less structural integrity and we had a sparse crew onboard since many are still not able to log on / stuck on the Normandie and others i just dont have on friendlist to contact (hello friendlist bug - keeping me from reassigning the whole crew to a replacement ship) and we still managed to beat the shit out of you guys whenever you dared to enter into the viable attacking range killing lots of your quads.

What a nice atmosphere this pvp lootable space brings to the forum.. and to the universe.

Im holding off space atm and so is my peds and my services , Who cares ? I would if I was MA/whatever

No-one heard these guys scream...

pk7.jpg

Thank you & good night...

What a nice atmosphere this pvp lootable space brings to the forum.. and to the universe.

It's not the pvp, it's the haters. I wonder what haters are going to do at some point in the future... :silly:

Reactions: sbi
pk7.jpg

Sure bragg about killing a non-upgraded privateer vessel - the interesting part thought is that all passengers made it to their target safe and you guys couldnt stop us from it evene thought having a load of quads in place ;)

pk7.jpg

Hmm... I'll take the bait :). I seem to remember quite a few pirate pvp hofs being cut off at 19.55 yesterday at ark when pirates decided to attack Kronan and failed miserably. You among other if I do remember correctly. Was fun though with some real action.

It's Alive, Its Spreading, Its gonna Eat your loot and your soul, It is Time to pay the Skull what it wants :smoke:

Lol

pk7.jpg

MONSTER LOL

Great fun guys - and ty - what a hell of a great dog fight :)
Yeah shity tincan we where in man? lol? 2 shots from a quad and bang dead!
So why didn't you take turns? geting skills? shared them a lil ? lol
But never mind it was fun to be onboard such a lil wessel for the first time :)

Nahhh if you need to barg then do it I don't mind at all :)
As I told you great fun man and ty for the great action.
I just hope you remember this is a game and we don't have to make a fuss
of things by calling each other names. I will not do that, as I find it funny
that we have pirates and now an intire soc? wow? great Could be this will
expand and we will see contra soc emerge? what hyper great fun that would be :)

OK till next time we meet, GL m8 and have fun.

PS: I dont' scream - I laugh man lol!
VL is VL - RL a totaly diferent thing ;)

Yeah ok :)

It's Alive, Its Spreading, Its gonna Eat your loot and your soul, It is Time to pay the Skull what it wants :smoke:

Yeah ok Daisy - just dont' think you're god all mighty ? right ;)

MEGA LOL

Hmm... I'll take the bait :). I seem to remember quite a few pirate pvp hofs being cut off at 19.55 yesterday at ark when pirates decided to attack Kronan and failed miserably. You among other if I do remember correctly. Was fun though with some real action.

yeah i died because i entered the privateer. scanned everyone inside.. got kicked out and died due to no oxygen in space.
sad way to end a killing spree but it's all fun so who cares.

Sure bragg about killing a non-upgraded privateer vessel - the interesting part thought is that all passengers made it to their target safe and you guys couldnt stop us from it evene thought having a load of quads in place ;)

okay if you want us to brag we can do that..

We killed that privateer you were operating 3 times.
you had a full crew in it because lots of bodies spawned... don't u guys have RK-20's??
-- that would mean you should easily win vs 4 pirates.
after we kept killing your privateer, you decided to spawn 6 quads against us. (or7)
-- we killed you all ( 6quads+privateer vs 4 piratequads )..
you made it to the other planet, because you guys started opening PM's with PLZ PLZ PLZ LET US GO!!

yeah i died because i entered the privateer. scanned everyone inside.. got kicked out and died due to no oxygen in space.

Now you were the one who requested access to spy out the ship, so of course we let you walk the plank :laugh:

Was Not Normandie :)

Dont forget we are wating for MA to fix the normandie :smoke: than we will see if you can destroy the most upgraded MS in EU :cool: You Know we are to good and we are hard to get kill :ahh:

you had a full crew in it because lots of bodies spawned... don't u guys have RK-20's??
after we kept killing your privateer, you decided to spawn 6 quads against us. (or7)
you made it to the other planet, because you guys started opening PM's with PLZ PLZ PLZ LET US GO!!

Ehh no, this is not the situation I talk about. I speak of Sunday where you and your fellow pirate gang attacked Kronan at arkadia and died trying (well you did not die at that point... you stayed put in safe zone after taking a bit of damage. I know since I had you in gunners sight :)).

/Sbi

Always nice to see your point of view :laugh:
To our count you were the ones with 7 quads and it doesnt matter if RK-20 or not when you repair a section that has 500SI if it is hit by 6-7 quads and only one has a crit, then there is no time for the repairs to work up anything cause the ship blows instant.
Our pilot asked politely if you let us pass after the first kill you sayed yes and killed us again - of course you were having fun.
Though thats why we launched our own quads (one for each of you to keep you occupied) and kept you guys distracted and busy till the privateer could sneak out and bring our passengers safe to their destination.
Why do you think you were bumped so often in safezone to circle around - just to make you loose oversight -> which you did but of course would never admit ;)
I of course respect the skills you guys have piloting your quads but its not my intention to beat you on that field were you practise every day while im commanding a mothership - of course you are the pro's in quads but the whole action was quite fun and we reached our goal making it out safe with privateer and all quads :D

you had a full crew in it because lots of bodies spawned...
That rubbish. There wasn't a full crew as you describe it because myself and others weren't around to join in the fun due to either being stuck on Normandie or because they were unaware the skeleton crew you took on had decamped to the privateer.

Though thats why we launched our own quads (one for each of you to keep you occupied) and kept you guys distracted and busy till the privateer could sneak out and bring our passengers safe to their destination.
Why do you think you were bumped so often in safezone to circle around - just to make you loose oversight -> which you did but of course would never admit ;)

Oh trust me, i knew what was happening ^^. Matter a fact i typed that very thing in soc chat, but ofc i should have said it on TS instead. So realising my guys were having too much fun biatch slapping your quad gang and couldn't see my text, i sneaked away and came up the other side of the privateer from where the fights were going on so i was shielded. And exactly as i thought you were starting to warp while your quads were all out there distracting....SO i shot the priv down and about 7 more of you fell out...thats 7 excluding the what ? 5 or 6 quads you had being messed up by my guys ^^ at the same time. But i guess your looters saw me or were told i had sneaked up and logged again as they do.

Unfortunately the only reason you got away is cause i didnt make my coffee quick enough to catch you pulling the same move again ^^ ;) Ermmm and yea, you sacrificed about 5 of your ppl at Arkadia incl your usual pilot lille ol Bonnie.....they all had to put up with my guys, while you select few cruised happily away.... leaving them there in our clutches.....where's your hart man...where is it ^^ hehehe

Last edited:
Unfortunately the only reason you got away is cause i didnt make my coffee quick enough to catch you pulling the same move again ^^ ;)
Coffee? COFFEE?! Proper pirates don't drink coffee! :silly2:

Always nice to see your point of view :laugh:
To our count you were the ones with 7 quads and it doesnt matter if RK-20 or not when you repair a section that has 500SI if it is hit by 6-7 quads and only one has a crit, then there is no time for the repairs to work up anything cause the ship blows instant.
Our pilot asked politely if you let us pass after the first kill you sayed yes and killed us again - of course you were having fun.
I of course respect the skills you guys have piloting your quads but its not my intention to beat you on that field were you practise every day while im commanding a mothership - of course you are the pro's in quads but the whole action was quite fun and we reached our goal making it out safe with privateer and all quads :D

if you already start lying in public about the simple numbers, which actually don't mean shit. ;)
what about all the stuff your up to in space? ^^
sure it was us 4 quads, i have screenies of that, against your 7 quads.
let me make a small list here..

My team:
  • Stagger
  • Drpaddo
  • Daisy
  • Smokeitup

Your Team:
  • Alaina Bonnie
  • John Black knight
  • Tengu
  • Jac
  • T79x
  • Miss hilly breiwick
  • (another quad i'm sure, just can't remember the name, his soc was Blackangels)
  • Fully occupied privateer.. ( i know that, since i've been inside + you spawned nearly 10-12 bodies after dying)

surely you need to know what your talking about if you want to fck with pirates.
oh and please.. don't make me post the screenies online to make you guys look even more stupid ^^
know that i do not have the intention to hurt your business.. it's just pure fun.

Back