Iron Miner - Earn Peds at your own pace

Meculus

Elite
Blastoise Meculus Yarlboro
BIG Industries Proudly Presents:
iron_miner_header_162174.jpg

1000's of PED in Rewards you can achieve while completing your in game quests!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many mob free area's so you can mine naked in peace!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With a wide variety of of land area's you can work towards rewards in this competition at your own pace!!

Concept:

Five rewards await you as you mine across all six land area's (one split in 3 sections). Each reward will be obtained much like in game mob quests by reaching a set amount of globals within any of the LA's included in this competition. Once a challenge has been achieved your reward can be collected and you will start accruing globals/hofs towards your next challenge!!

Example:
Challenge 1 is to recieve 100 globals, Challenge 2 is to receive 300 globals, you will need a total of 400 globals from when you start to achieve the reward for Challenge 2.

Additional challenges may be added in the future. A wide variety of events registered through the in game event system will be hosted at many of the land areas in the overall competition. Links will be provided for independent events near the end of this post. Keep an eye out for "IRON" events on these LA's

When:

This event will begin on April 1st 2011 @ 00:01 and continue until I give a 30 day notice that the event will be coming to a close (this will likely be a very long way away)

Where:

This event will take place within the boarders of OLA20, OLA61, Nea's Place OLA16, OLA25, OLA29, and New Switzerland OLA 41(west, east and north)

Please see the second post in this thread for maps and links to details on each independent land area.

Iron Miner Rewards:

Challenge 1: Obtain 100 Globals Reward: 250 peds
Challenge 2: Obtain 300 Globals Reward: 800 peds
Challenge 3: Obtain 500 Globals Reward: 1200 peds
Challenge 4: Obtain 800 Globals Reward: 2000 peds
Challenge 5: Obtain 1200 Globals Reward: 3000 peds
Challenge 6: Miners Mapping ChallengeReward: 1000 peds

*All Globals must be from mining claims*

How to Enter:
Your global count will reflect the amount of screenshots that you submit in this thread. All screenshots must adhere to the "Screenshot Rules" listed in the next section.

Screenshot Rules:

Screen shots must be submitted within 24 hours of the global/HOF

Screenshots must include:

date/time stamp

the confirmation of your global in the dialogue box

radar must be visible so we can confirm you are located within one of the LA's in this challenge.

No edited screen shots will be counted.
(Exceptions will be made for blocking ped card balance, private chat, blocking of local chat box will only be permitted if a screenshot is submitted to me via PM unedited before posting in this thread)

--------------------------------------------------

Screen Shot Tools:
ESG 1.6
Entropia Tracker (new version)

FRAPS
HardCopy

iron_footer.jpg

Last edited:
LEADERBOARD

1. Jezper MrTiddles Ivarsson11
  2. Lightening Lightening McQueen 6
  3. Mayana maya Riechert 5
  4. Jewel Bugg Fleming4
  5. Alynnia Aly Forthrite3
  6. Jeremy KushKing Jester3
  7. Andromeda Andromeda Diablo 2
  8. Petra Julmust Karlsson2

Last edited:
add an additional 0 at the end of each prize and you will do good :cool:

add an additional 0 at the end of each prize and you will do good :cool:

I will be adding additional "0"s in sub events on these LA's for miners as well, this is just the start of many more mining events to come :)

Cheers

Challenge 6: Miners Mapping
has now been added, please click HERE to see info on this challenge

A free bump for you, and you may want to consider any suggestions that i put forward in my thread posted today about mining claim summoning and it being able to be abused in the event system,

A free bump for you, and you may want to consider any suggestions that i put forward in my thread posted today about mining claim summoning and it being able to be abused in the event system,

thanks, i'll keep an eye out, always trying to keep the playing field fair :)

Were can i send the global to that i found?

Abbundant.png

205467_200916796606284_142138459150785_575038_3813426_n.jpg

Last edited:
Were can i send the global to that i found?

this is the thread to post them in :) gratz :)

Please be sure to have the "global" message visible in your chat box next time, I was able to confirm from tracker and the info on the claim in your screenshot this time. Also you do not need to show map or coords if the top right of your radar is visible since that show the LA you are on and your exact coords since a few VU's ago :)

Grower will add you to the scoreboard here shortly, and I'll add your claims to the Mining Mappers Challenge thread :)

Hi guys, great contest. Good luck to all.

Alferix in OLA 29

Good luck to all miners!

entropia_2011-04-06_06-06-49-59.jpg

new member to forum having troubles posting screenies, posting for "redhaird" until she gets it worked out ;)

entropia_2011-04-06_06-06-49-59.jpg
d

my first global on this event...competition...

url='https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/2/6/4/6/6/number_1.jpg']
number_1_thumb.jpg
[/url]
i took a pic with the actual global on chat too...just was rolling too fast so had to post two pics of the same global

Last edited:
second global for me ...

Hey ...i decided to do this because of no time limit but, really there are only two mining land areas in this "mining" event.The others are almost impossible to mine without getting totally frustrated. At this time i cannot afford to hunt and mine..I tried the Reis land area with small longus and it was extremely kaotic. The land area with bigger longus was better and the armax wasn't completely out of the question but still annoying. I already did my iorn missions as far as i wanted for all of those mobs so I don't shoot any of them now. This event would be better if there were less mobs on more land areas..I love the shinook land area and hate the new switzerland mining land area. So really only one land is gonna take me a long time to get even 100 globals. Just my opinions as a dedicated miner..

Hey ...i decided to do this because of no time limit but, really there are only two mining land areas in this "mining" event.The others are almost impossible to mine without getting totally frustrated. At this time i cannot afford to hunt and mine..I tried the Reis land area with small longus and it was extremely kaotic. The land area with bigger longus was better and the armax wasn't completely out of the question but still annoying. I already did my iorn missions as far as i wanted for all of those mobs so I don't shoot any of them now. This event would be better if there were less mobs on more land areas..I love the shinook land area and hate the new switzerland mining land area. So really only one land is gonna take me a long time to get even 100 globals. Just my opinions as a dedicated miner..

Thanks for your input Robin, it helps to understand how participants view of the LA's involved. I don't imagine the spawns on the LA's with iron mobs will be changing however OLA25 has only two armax DNA and is quite a bit of area. Since the densely spanwed area's don't seem to work too well for your mining maybe try OLA25 and see if that LA gives you another option to your liking. Cheers!

Wrong order, but here they are, my entry.

Back