Is circle sweating concidered trapping?

Because the creature doesn't attack everyone who is sweating because there's too many people?
Basically, is it considered an exploit in any way?

Nope, it's been that wait since the beginning of time. Plus, you could then ask the same thing about hundreds of players shooting at shared boss mobs. It's not an exploit.

It's been done for ages and I heard nobody say anything negative about it. Since sweat is worthless tt-wise, you're not sucking money out of MA anyway.

If a creature goes into a "trapped" state (ie it cannot move) then a message shows above its health bar stating it cannot be hurt or sweated until it is able to move again.

As it is free to move inside a circle and quite easily able to hit and kill the sweaters, it is not trapped and therefore not an exploit. :)

Nope, it's been that wait since the beginning of time. Plus, you could then ask the same thing about hundreds of players shooting at shared boss mobs. It's not an exploit.

its legal but stating that it has done before so its legal thats plain wrong

its legal but stating that it has done before so its legal thats plain wrong

But saying its been done for ages, and has never resulted in any sort of punitive action, is not wrong. Saying its been done once or twice with no punishment would be wrong, or saying it has sometimes been done with any problems would be wrong.

Because the creature doesn't attack everyone who is sweating because there's too many people?

I've seen mobs go into a trapped or 'Unreachable' state when sweating. When this happens sweaters have to move around before they can sweat the mob again. So it seems that there is a mechanic in place for when a normal circle becomes a trap.

But saying its been done for ages, and has never resulted in any sort of punitive action, is not wrong. Saying its been done once or twice with no punishment would be wrong, or saying it has sometimes been done with any problems would be wrong.

nope like said before just stating that it has been done before so its legal is plain wrong
a few times or many times doesnt matter

running a red light has been done before also many times but doesnt make it legal

No it is not trapping.

Think of the sweat circle as one big team.

nothing wrong with surrounding a mob like that, it only doesn't hit you because there are so many people to focus on before you.

Trapping itself is an exploit.

In the past you could trap mobs and kill/sweat them, what has been done with Spiders and many other mobs, too.

MA introduced the "Trapped Status", for mobs that can´t move or can´t get into attack range.
Not getting into attack range, results in trapped mob status sometimes when walking backwards while shooting (imho bad solution, but it is that way so we need to adapt to it)

Actually its impossible to exploit "Trapping", the way it was done in the past.

Group sweating is not an exploit, same counts for group hunting.

I would say no because the mob is attacking and damaging people. There is no rule against overwhelming a mob with members as long as the creature is still free to attack and damage people.

Trapping is getting a creature stuck in an area where it can't attack and you take advantage of this to kill it over and over again and take no decay from armor or having to heal. Accidental trapping of one mob probably is permissible because of faulty game system but if you exploit it more then once to take advantage of this your trapping.

Also side note if people do figure out how to sweat without taking damage and get sweat faster they are only hurting themselves in the long run for flooding the market more with sweat even faster, MA I do not think gives a rip about how much sweat is in the game it doesn't take anything from them, only players hurt themselves and each other, which is what free economy of the game is all about.

MA I do not think gives a rip about how much sweat is in the game it doesn't take anything from them

Not the total truth :D

You can TT sweat at 0.01 PED / k.

1mio bottles is 10 PED TT value, what is 1$ liability for MA.

I think they will gladly give 1 usd to a person sweating 1 million bottles and spending that much time in the game and possibly asking friends to also join. It is worth the cost to them as person to person advertising. Not to mention 1 million bottles sweated ugg wonder how long that will take a person to get. I think at my best I got 1k per hour so be like 1000 hours so what non stop sweating for little over 41.5 days...

I would say generally no, unless you do something that you, or the people around you, using common sense would understand to be an unnatural action.

For instance, let's say you're group sweating. But then a hackzor would put pick up a mothership from space and spawn on the ground in front of you, the sweaters would sweat the mob on the grould from the hangar inside the mothership through the walls of the mothership and across map zones. Then I would say it's an exploit.

(Even if someone says, "it's completely legal", if it's something that's obviously unnatural, you should ask yourself, "is this within reason to sweat for weeks across map zones")

also providing the service for you to get the sweat for example

server hardware
server bandwith

will cost MA

I've seen mobs go into a trapped or 'Unreachable' state when sweating. When this happens sweaters have to move around before they can sweat the mob again. So it seems that there is a mechanic in place for when a normal circle becomes a trap.

This is because some people are so stupid that the concept of a circle escapes them. The mob is trying to hit that dumbass that is standing outside of the circle. Since the mob can't reach them because of the other people sweating, it goes "Unreachable". This can be stopped by discontinuing the practice of warning these people not to eat lead paint chips.

Back