Is healers realy wants to help ?

Healers want to help, It's their job and they enjoy doing it.

I sometimes heal random newbies at swamp camp and Nea's Place, when I have the funds to justify it. It gives me a boost to know I helped, regardless of skills obtained.

- Nightwolf

Revive Healers are Kind
Field Healers are Divine

All the best to both ;)

Amir, you may think about what is helpful to sweaters whatever you want - I have my experiences, and I bet everyone in here has their own opinion. The issue I have with your post is the the tone. You insinuate that most of the healers exploit sweaters and have no consideration whatsoever for the (noob) sweaters.

... but most of healers don't give a shit to sweaters at all ...

This insinuation is not only completely wrong, but as you have seen by the replys, it has been taken as a direct insult towards many people who genuinely enjoy to help out new players by healing AND helping in other ways. Those passionate replys were not a misunderstanding, it might be that you don't understand what your wording and tone of your initial post imply.

I also think, although some of what you said could be really taken as offensive and insulting, the tone of the replies was very moderate and civil.

It might be worth to have a discussion about the differences, pros and cons, advantages and disadvantages of revive healing vs. field healing, if that was your goal, then congratulations, you messed that one up seriously badly :rolleyes:

Anyways, you hit a nerve with your post - that's why I feel I have to reply again.

hi amir,

i often stand at revives and heal the ppl to get the skills for healing.
i do it for free (from the sweaters perspective) and at the end i have to pay the decay or buy a new (L) fap and it costs me time.

if i ever heal you and you dont want to be healed, pls let me know it and i will stop healing you and turn to somebody else. absolutely no problem for me.

there are some ppl, who just go away and dont get healed.
just do it the same way :)

cheers

He he :)

Well Amir... I agree with what I think you are trying to say:
Most revive healers are there skilling for their own sake.
Yes true... No surprise there. (Otherwise there'd have been VERY few healers)
But it does help the sweaters too, though not as much as "field healers" might do.

So, nothing bad in that setup. Those sweaters who doesn't want to wait to get healed (when healer is a bit busy), they just run off. No problemo. It doesn't cost the sweaters anything, and they decide if they wanna wait or not.

I used to "field heal" just because it was more fun to try to keep the sweaters alive than just healing those at revive. It became a bit of a sub game :)

Still at end of day i healed because i wanted to skill so i could unlock etheral language. Once i did then i sold my bio skills to reclaim my ped back. I still heal from time to time, but i dont do the mamoth sessions like i used to.

:thumbup: to all the Swamp Camp healers.

99.9% appreciate what you do. Looks like we've found the 0.1%.

It's worth bearing in mind some healers use faps, and its a lot easier for them to heal at revive than chasing after sweaters in the field.

Didn't read the replies... but I'd assume they'll be the same as mine.

In response to the pish that healers do nothing to help sweaters... they heal your skanky ass up so you can get back out there in a couple of seconds rather than bounce around like a fanny for god knows how long before you regen your life again.

Regarding healing "in the field" vs healing at the revival:

First, the healer is limited by range. This means that if it is not a tightly clustered group like at Neas, the healer will be limited by how many they can reach. Tight groups would not work at swamp camp as the majority of the mobs are only good for 2 or 3 pulls.

Second, healing while surrounded by mobs leaves the healer in danger of being attacked. An injured healer will be either healing themselves, or soon dead. A dead healer isn't healing anybody. Either way you end up with a short delay while the healer cycles a few on themselves, or a long delay while they revive, heal themselves, and then run back to the fight.

Hunting groups with a dedicated healer will be able to devote some effort to keeping mobs off the healer, but where the majority of the people are sweating, the mobs are just as likely to go after the healer as the sweater.

Good points raised up.

Healers or Player who build up their skills like I do sometimes, not so powerful FAP (FAP 5-18 or similar) its nice to help and heal sweaters. Better feeling get when some says "ty" or something positive feedback on that.

Field heal, as many know that, healer is weaker on battle ground, you cannot defend your self and skilling heal skills, I try to avoid other decays than FAP so I heal on safe spot. On other cases when hunting and see someone is getting hit i try to heal that player to complete mob kill without stop shooting. Help that pll and i get skill so both are happy. And little "ty" is welcome even they don't wanna get healed on during battle.

Everyone should say even ty, that is not big thing but warms healer mind good.

Point taken, bubby... rest assured you will not get healed by me again :rolleyes:

Last edited:
amir why dont you just tell the healers not to heal you
let them heal the other sweaters

everybody happy :yay::yay:

Last edited:
Just hire a medic

If you want to be healed in the field...

Just hire a medic. Instead of complaining about where they are. Lilli Bee would be glad to follow you around and heal while you sweat. But sweating ambu? She's going to have to charge you for that... If you're not in armor you could still get a critical hit and die anyway.

If you're not prepared to get back to those places waaaayyyy away from a revive point then just don't sweat there. :scratch2:

James Walker Williams
Guardians of Valhalla

I heal players not for skill gain...but most times its when I am bored..don't feel like hunting or mining...

I usually use a 2600 fap 9 pec a heal as most know....why..to get the players out there fast as they can again to get right back into the action:)

I also use a Med Heal chip....but also have a Minor Teleport chip as well I use alot...and it eats a number of ME...so I try not to use my Heal chip and Focus chip on new players unless I feel I need to...cause the ME spent I can use for my Teleport chip...

I usually...at least at swamp go onto the field to heal players...because most there are running around so much it wastes my fap and only gettin partial heals...at neas I try to stay on the field to help...but most times the ambus come after me:) then I am stuck healin myself more than the ones sweatin..

Far as skills gains...honestly...paramedic is my lowest or one of my lowest skills...and not one I really give a crap about skillin...I heal cause I want to...not for the gains...as most that do it...know its a loss far more than a gain...with decay..ME burn and few very few skills gains...we really don't get much out of it :)

Those that do get healed from healers..thank your stars they are there...try goin to swamp or neas when there is no healers around...standing around for 10 mins or more waiting for you health to regen usually makes a player become VERY gratefull when a healer shows up....

Last edited:
So someone heals to gain skill and not to help the person being healed. Um, SO WHAT???? Good grief man. Get a life. Next you'll be complaining that the person that scanned you did it just to get skills and wasn't actually gathering information to write your biography. If it doesn't harm you, then just be grateful for the 1 or 2 extra hits you can endure now and move on.

I stand @ Nea's and the Swamp Camp and skill mind force healing and focusing. Where do you think all that sweat goes that you're gathering??? Ummm, surprise! The implants ppl are using. The people doing that are using your product. You think the price of sweat is low now? Reduce the demand for it and try selling for more than 0.2/bottle. Then you'll cry because the price is so low. If you're not harmed, stop looking for something to cry about.

I'll be fast Amir ... :

Fap or healing Chip Healers are PAYING decays to heal your and another 200 ppl asses . :rolleyes:

No matter what you think , THEY pay and replenish your HP bar.

Say "THANKS" and get your ungrateful ass back to whatever you've been doing ...

PS- As for the AOA killing ... PPL who hunt those mobs ... have enough ME to return fast with their TP chips ... and healers HELP em by saving them the healing time.

-rep , Stop whining for things that have been given to you for free FFS! :whiner:

*keeps nodding and smiling as he reads every bit*
Perfect, :)

During those times when I've decided to go to Swamp or Nea's to heal sweaters, it is because I want to skill of course, but also I want to help...

Sometimes I heal by the revive, cos it's easier...

But often I field-heal, running around after Sweaters who are about to die, and I do that because it's more Fun.

So I help, and it's fun.

I hope that doesn't mean my motives are wrong.

Many times when there are healers at the sweat field at neas I died, and the reasons can be random.

Often there are many ambus (even Old, and provider that kill fast) and many sweaters at the field, it can not be easy for a healer to do the thing in an environment like that.

Some times an ambu attacks me and it looks like the mob is attacking the player in front, behind or beside me, so the healer get confused and loose some time trying to heal the right avatar, at the same time 2-3 or more avatars are in the same situation, in cases like that I died many times.

So you see, is more difficult for a healer for reasons like: trying to survive, heal, and look for the avatars that needs it, at the same time.
So if a healer choose the revival location, I can complete understand that.

Also, I have compared the 2 different situations at neas, 1- to sweat after got healed at the revival and 2- without been healed, there is a big difference, I survive for longer and get a lot more sweat after been healed at the revival, ( Exception: when I get Critical hits or get attacked by an ambu provider).

Healers are individual players and free to choose how, where, when and who, they want to heal, the way they choose is obviously supported by the own tactic, the taste or will of the player, and I don't think that healers or any other player likes to get the critics in a manager way, saying:

why all people thinks healers is helping them THATS WRONG ( didn't apply for all healers )

Even if that is not apply for all healers, is an imprudent allegation in this case!

A constructive critic or suggestion will be welcome by most of the players I think, but it depends on how you offer it, and maybe that is why some healers and readers had a negative reaction on this one.

Any way, I think that you got good motives and the idea was to help and to encourage a better tactic in your own opinion, GOOD!
But don't get discourage if some people did not get you like you was expecting, it was hard for me to get your point to.

Good luck to you :) and my respect to all the healers out there. :yay:

Last edited:
The times I have healed another avatar to actually try to give a helping hand are so few I feel like a schmuck :scratch2:
99.5% I heal ppl I do it strictly to gain skills. I do not expect anyone to thank me but I have to say it is quite nice when ppl do thank me for healing them.
If we are talking about the ambu sweaters at neas place then I have full 100% not trying to help anyone :ahh:
It's all for the skills :wtg: I am sorry if someone sees this as a problem but next time and actually everytime I am there ppl have the option speak their mind and tell me not to heal them! I have respect for all participants of EU and there4 it is your right to refuse to be healed by me
;)

It's easier to heal at a revival terminal because everyone is in one location.

In the field players are too far apart.

I can heal lots of people quickly near the revival spot - but in the field I have to run back and forth.

The times I have healed another avatar to actually try to give a helping hand are so few I feel like a schmuck :scratch2:
99.5% I heal ppl I do it strictly to gain skills.

If a healer does not heal to give a helping hand, and do it for the skills or some other reason, is a common way to go I think, if that is the healer personal method to do it, is just a natural thing, so you are definitely not alone out there, and there is no reason to feel uncomfortable about that.
Other people does for the skills and to help at the same time, or for other reasons.

Any way, even if the primary motive of the healer is not to help, the player that gets healed gets the help any way.

No matter if it is in the sweat field or at the revival, the sweater get the help even if the intention of the healer is not to be there firstly to give a helping hand. ;)

I can not see why to be healed at any time, any where, is not helping, I can only see benefit in it.

When you get healed you get help where ever you are.:)

I like to give a BIG THANK YOU to all HEALERS out there, I know that there is other methods to skill up when healing, and many of you choose to skill up while healing the sweaters, that have meant to me = more sweat = more peds = more time to have fun.

THANKS!!! :yay:

Last edited:
Personally i see nothing wrong with healing people only for your own gain. You don't play this game only to keep MA from bankruptcy and without anything for you to gain right? :p

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGG :laugh:

Amir if you are above 15 then pls tell me you have some papers from a doctor :rolleyes:

Otherwise, no comment

Back