Votes: 40 66.7%
  • No it fine like it is

Votes: 20 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
MA has changed a lot of things in the past few months (both good and bad but they are trying) but has never looked at the coloring skill. Summer is the highest LVL that I know and she is a 47 and there are 11 colors above her lvl. For her to color say brigadier it would cost 600 to 900 additional peds for enhancers. To me that means there are 11 colors we will never see because they cost to much. I would like to see some adjustments made by MA to help us use all the colors.
I know this is not a big thing but but still it is part of the game and no part sould be basically un-reachable.

Just my opinion.

One change that I think would be good is to make (L) items require less paint/texture :) they do not last forever anyways, so such a change might bring increased business to colorers and texturers?

Also please allow us to bleach/colour indivual fields as well. Lowering the SIB requirements to half but leaving the same max level would be great as well.

This problem hurts since Sarah went away. I have her still at my FL ... but she popped up last time two years ago if I remember right.

Highest skilled colourer atm is LeeLoo LeeLoo Faith with level 50. See this:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?236317-Colorer-List

But I think it's okay as it is. Not everybody should own everything. Me and my sister have a black and a red Essi Evening Gown (both coloured by LeeLoo). That makes us a bit special when we meet friends or have a small dance show in public. There is a wide bunch of things to fix or change by more importance.

Reactions: Zap
Not everybody should own everything.

Pretty much most changes to the game lately has been to make the game more appealing to a wider crowd, to allow for further expansion of the player base.

Making clothing (especially colored and textured) more available is an incredibly important part in that, in my opinion, since it opens up for getting more people involved that like the social aspects of the game.

Pretty much most changes to the game lately has been to make the game more appealing to a wider crowd, to allow for further expansion of the player base.

Making clothing (especially colored and textured) more available is an incredibly important part in that, in my opinion, since it opens up for getting more people involved that like the social aspects of the game.

I disagree completely with you. There are many options with low and mid level colours and textures. I saw a lot of wonderful clothes and vehicles. No need to make the upper level features accessible to everyone. Keep some targets to reach!

Last edited:

Exactly. Coloring and texturing are too important to leave broken. I think Mindark should implement changes, and they might not be that difficult to do. They should adjust required levels to make sense. They should make coloring skill gains faster, and at the same time multiply everyone's existing coloring skill level accordingly. So Leeloo, for instance, might go instantly to level 100, where she would still remain the top colorer and have access to all the existing colors. They also need to increase the available colors... not by having new paint cans drop in loot, but by allowing paint cans to be mixed in a refiner to create new colors, some of which might be even higher.

Exactly. Coloring and texturing are too important to leave broken. I think Mindark should implement changes, and they might not be that difficult to do. They should adjust required levels to make sense. They should make coloring skill gains faster, and at the same time multiply everyone's existing coloring skill level accordingly. So Leeloo, for instance, might go instantly to level 100, where she would still remain the top colorer and have access to all the existing colors. They also need to increase the available colors... not by having new paint cans drop in loot, but by allowing paint cans to be mixed in a refiner to create new colors, some of which might be even higher.

YEAH! Let's all be equal. What a bullshit!

How in the world did you get that from my post?
I kinda want to know that as well :scratch2:

YAWN! You little fanboys have no imagine of especialness ...

Sure, make UL Genesis Niflheim availible to public! Give UL Shadow armor to everyone.

There is a point that makes this game very special: not everyone can get everything. But the offer is free to everyone. PLEASE KEEP IT! There are so many opportunities ... low level, mid level, upper level, superior level ... and above. Please keep this classification!

Not everyone should be able to wear red or black coloured clothes!

YAWN! You little fanboys have no imagine of especialness ...

Sure, make UL Genesis Niflheim availible to public! Give UL Shadow armor to everyone.

Not even going to attempt rational conversation with that.

Not sure that the high level colorers would like it, because lowering the requirements will lead to devaluation of their skills. As a customer I don't like it either, it means less opportunities for uniqueness, no matter how much you're ready to pay.

Desirability is inversely proportional to the accessibility. Trying to revive the fashion market by increasing the latter you can kill it for good.

Not sure that the high level colorers would like it, because lowering the requirements will lead to devaluation of their skills. As a customer I don't like it either, it means less opportunities for uniqueness, no matter how much you're ready to pay.

Desirability is inversely proportional to the accessibility. Trying to revive the fashion market by increasing the latter you can kill it for good.

Improving the system doesn't mean uniformity or that there would be "less opportunites for uniqueness". I'm saying change the whole system, update it from the 80s technology that it is and provide means for creativity to blossom.

The question boils down to what's more important? Improving Entropia's fashion system so that it becomes an active and vibrant part of the economy or keeping it dead so that a few players' old-time black colored, mediocre clothes remain "the most desirable clothes in game"?

Customized clothes in EU don't look good, IMO, even the "expensive" ones, and the generally atrocious choice of colors does not help. Why keep a system that sucks when it can be improved and bring more opportunity for skilled colorers to be active and profit?

Last edited:
I guess the question boils down to what's more important? Improving Entropia's fashion system so that it becomes an active and vibrant part of the economy or keeping it dead so that a few players' old-time black colored, mediocre clothes remain "the most desirable clothes in game"?

Customized clothes in EU don't look good, IMO, even the "expensive" ones, and the generally atrocious choice of colors does not help. Why keep a system that sucks when it can be improved and bring more opportunity for skilled colorers to be active and profit?

Simply this would remove the reason for me to put any more effort in this ... it's like this stupid "Gesamtschule" in Germany. We are not equal. Oh man, forget about it! You guys missed the point completely. But okay, my hope is, that MA won't do something with the task in question as usual ...

big grin

Customized clothes in EU don't look good ...

You are completely wrong! It seems you don't know nothing about fashion. Just check auction regular and you'll find wonderful customized clothes and vehicles. Beside my original old school clothes and some very expensive coloured clothes I own some clothes wich look simply great without high costs. Just because they look good.

Edit: Probably you want to talk to my old friend Zunami about this ... or even Freyr ....

Last edited:
You are completely wrong! It seems you don't know nothing about fashion. Just check auction regular and you'll find wonderful customized clothes and vehicles. Beside my original old school clothes and some very expensive coloured clothes I own some clothes wich look simply great without high costs. Just because they look good.

Edit: Probably you want to talk to my old friend Zunami about this ... or even Freyr ....

Perhaps you could add some screenshots of these clothes? I know Zunami and some others are very creative and can make nice looking clothes when you stand them side by side with the average set of EU clothes. My point is that even the best of these outfits suffer from severe limitations imposed by the system. Why can you not add your own logos and designs to clothing? Why should you not be able to blend new colors or edit the shapes of color fields?

I think some colorers and designers should weigh in... Or do they think the current coloring and fashion system has already attained the pinnacle of aesthetics, creativity, and expression and there is no more room for improvement? Is it all just about skill levels and markup?

Last edited:
I find lots of the things on auctioneer good looking :p

Fitting them to armors is the harder part.

What they could make to not make "Everyone" be able to do "Everything"

Is to easier allow different shades of things as you go, much it is now I guess, but say black, the range from clear white to Pitch Black.

Each end of that scale will require high skill to get, it will cost you half your bank as it kind of does now, but you can get a different look of black that would "almost" do the job, because not everyone are that extreme on 100% matching stuff, I know I am, but I know most people are not.

In order to appeal to masses and more people, one simply can't have a game where if people want something there are 1-5 people amongst several thousands who can do it.

Wish I could say different, but MA seems to want more players to play, then again who does not? :p I've gotten 4 people to start playing and they all like it varying from awesome to less awesome, but again, their a lot like me. Not your average gamer who likes CoD :)

Changing the color system is not easy, at one hand you need to keep the high skill and high things hard to get, at the other end you need to make it easier for beginners to actually give it a reasonable try. When telling about PE, I speak of design as its own path to go along with beauty surgeons, hunters, miners etc. its just varying degree of hard.

Perhaps that is it?

- Sweat can be used to create some simple forms of DYE's, rather bleak perhaps, simple colors, and not many colors, it would create a whole new use for Sweat, sweat prices might rice and noobs would flourish sweating (Still remember the day I got 6 ped for 1k sweat :p) it would make for better learning to get a few levels perhaps.

- Mobs at a tiny level drop new but very simple paint cans frequently, for the same purpose as above.

Starts fast, and then goes steep quite fast as well to allow new players to get a feel, and to have old timers and the uber colorers stay unique, and well, uber at their proffesion of choice :)

Heck it could even open up for LeeLoo and summer to be color mentors :wise:

Ofc there is always stuff that could be better or which could be improved. I am all for the individual field bleaching/customizing..

MA did allready redesign coloring a lot compared to how it was in the old days, it is no longer a gamble and easier to skill.

About the skills for using high level paints.. MA did allready invent the pigment enhancers and texture enhancers to make it possible using the high level paints. the PRICE for these little things is soley made by the players and their fault alone ...

About the skills for using high level paints.. MA did allready invent the pigment enhancers and texture enhancers to make it possible using the high level paints. the PRICE for these little things is soley made by the players and their fault alone ...

But the only source for these is coloring and texturing respectively, and given the drop rate vs getting 90% back, these are not ever going to be cheap.

add makup type layer to cloths for added detailing! cool

For me the problem with fashion is simply that we suffer from the creativeness that the developers put into the meshes.

Now if colouring worked as follows I think we would be on to something:

Keep everything as it is right now with texturing and colouring with the following changes, Individual bleaching of fields! individual colouring of fields (and texturing), now add a mesh over the clothes that works exactly the same way as masks do.

Now this way we can get some real creativity going on clothing without punishing those who have put time and effort in.

This way you could bring your cloths to Leeloo (totally the best by the way!) to get coloured those perfect shades and then go to a designer to get some real personal customisation done (think giant flaming skull on the back of a master coat:cool:! or tons of zippers and studs for a totally punk look:yay:!

I think MA have a pretty good system with the makeup masks right not with a few tweaks we could see some awesome creativity from the user base, and this is what truly builds a community.

As always just my humble opinion!

Cheers
Lexxy

I take it 'Sarah Zap Charlton' quit then?

AFAIK he still have the skills but logs in very rarely, only to maintain the account alive (see him online for seconds once in months).

I haven't seen him come online at all, I guess it's just a case of ships in the night! Would he still not be 'the' top colorer?

At lvl 82, for the next 20 years or so - yes :)

I haven't done any since I chipped out, do you still have to give the colourer your item for it to be coloured?

What about ETOPIA? Dont see him on any list?

I disagree completely with you. There are many options with low and mid level colours and textures. I saw a lot of wonderful clothes and vehicles. No need to make the upper level features accessible to everyone. Keep some targets to reach!

lol are you scared by the thought your expansive dresses mark up will go to the ground ?
You have all the reason for that.
When MA makes it in reach for all people the markup is terminated.

but hey , it has to happen someday.
and yes i have black stuff aswell that will get affected :(
so my final answer is :

i don't know , MA does what they see fit.
one side yay every one will go black paint and be happy though that does not drop much.
at the other side many that paid loads to get their certain look will see their money spend in it go up in smoke as markup goes down the drain.

but the game is dynamic ,if you think there are no more suprises left and you have seen it all ...... then kapeng there you get another one

Back