Is it Deposits, or Cycled PEDs....

Soradin

Dominant
Society
Freelancer
Soradin Talnos
So, I'm writing this from work just because I'm bored, and felt like throwing something around for general discussion. Keep in mind this is just an intellectual exercise for the heck of it. I enjoy the game for what it is, and don't really center my behavior around what's likely to get me huge loots.

There have been many theories over the years that say that your Global ratio (and indeed loot in general) is directly related to your deposits....

Others have thought that it's cycled PEDs that make the difference.

I know there are MANY other theories, but I'm just looking at these two.

The reason, is because of my wife and I. For us, I do all the depositing. Always have. I think her account has probably deposited less than $500 total since we started in 2005. Mine.... much more.

But overall, she has just as many globals as I (more I think) on the rare occasions that we hunt separately, and seems to generally loot better than I do on some mobs.

So, how does that fit in with the deposit theory? I've deposited way more, but with a side-by-side comparison, I don't think I've had more globals (or done better overall at looting).

Another tangent of that I was considering, was teams. Let's say that one of the theories (PEDs cycled or deposited, or decay/economy) has a large influence on loot. What if you're teamed? If you cycle a lot/deposit a lot, and team with someone who is being very economical and doesn't deposit a lot, are you hurting your chances at loot on the hunt?

Maybe she did cycled more peds? :D

I dont know.

just a note to team hunts - they are good for getting over the bad periods.
If you are in the good period, keep good loots for yourself and hunt solo :D

Well, if this is going to end up up in favor of Depositing I think MA will be happy with this post:)

My situation:

Started playing on March 2011

Until ~May 20th I was down with about 500 USD, then I wanted to deposit 30 USD and by mistake I have wrote 300 USD, thus depositing 300 USD

So I was on the minus wioth about 800 USD

After ~5 days, also after unlocking my Serendipity skill I have got a 8059 HOF from LEVI:)

Don't know if that was related to the 300 USD deposit or not

But...think about this as follows, let's say you are a trader, deposited 300 USD at the beggining as a business starter and then make money from reselling, then with the profit you hunt.mine bla bla...if you we're MA, would you give someone a 10K hof? for only 300 USD deposit? I wouldn't

So I think it is more related to the deposits

But...this doesn't mean that if you deposit like 1K USD and hunt for only 1 day rolling out just 100 USD means that you will got a hof, you also need to role out that deposited amount

It was a topic around here called "Depositing is good" it really is if you want to have better gameplay, meaning globals hof:)

I think the OP or Admin should make a Poll on this:)

Last edited:
After ~5 days, also after unlocking my Serendipity skill I have got a 8059 HOF from LEVI:)

It isnt the first time I heard of recent unlocks leading to uberloots. Gz on the nice Levi btw :)

Well, if this is going to end up up in favor of Depositing I think MA will be happy with this post:)

My situation:

Started playing on March 2011

Until ~May 20th I was down with about 500 USD, then I wanted to deposit 30 USD and by mistake I have wrote 300 USD, thus depositing 300 USD

So I was on the minus wioth about 800 USD

Don't know if that was related to the 300 USD deposit or not

But...think about this as follows, let's say you are a trader, deposited 300 USD at the beggining as a business starter and then make money from reselling, then with the profit you hunt.mine bla bla...if you we're MA, would you give someone a 10K hof? for only 300 USD deposit? I wouldn't

So I think it is more related to the deposits

But...this doesn't mean that if you deposit like 1K USD and hunt for only 1 day rolling out just 100 USD means that you will got a hof, you also need to role out that deposited amount

It was a topic around here called "Depositing is good" it really is if you want to have better gameplay, meaning globals hof:)

I think the OP or Admin should make a Poll on this:)

Interesting. And grats on the nice HOF :yay:

I started in 2005 (with lots of vacations from the game here and there due to finances or real life obligations), have deposited... well, let's just say several thousand over the years... and my biggest loot EVER was 253 PED, and that was in a team with my wife (which is how I hunt 99% of the time). :eyecrazy:

I can't see deposits affecting your loot.. around 150e total deposited and I have cycled million(s) of peds and hit several big ones so I say it's the cycle.

They did it to me. Kinda 40 USD depo and 14k lyst, classic noob tower in first day of mining with zero skills in that.

Need add some details:
1. I started in 2009, with sweating, breaks, etc, trying non-depo, with very weak PC, etc-etc;
2. First depos was kinda 40 USD in total, in that year.

Account Created 2009-04
04 Feb 2011 Committed 193.00
16 Feb 2011 Committed 164.10
Lysterium Stone 14067 PED Sunday, February 20, 2011 19:12

There is rumours, when you coming back from large break - system rewards you with "welcome hof" or something.

Anyway - I just show facts. It can shoot you in advance.

PS: My personal view on my "luck" is: actually, I was played long before of that hit. But what I did - it's only sweating, swunting, selling sweat, opalo hunt of small stuff. Never had any globals before that, and of course, I just did not big turnovers. Then I just stopped, for a year, maybe. Then I got new PC, and wondered - how's the game looks not in safe mode? Returned, depoed, and one day I started totally new profession for me - mining.

I think, it's just IMHO - I was due on that, just by time of playing, not having any returns, and also my level of hunting like snables and such small shit barely can trigger that hof. But mining can. And that was happened, taking in account my small depos too.

Anyway, that system is just Black Box, no one of us can say how it works.

Last edited:
Yeah, well we don't count those lucky wins:)

Hyndragoz, you hahe deposited only 150 EURO?

Yeah, well we don't count those lucky wins:)

I didn't tell the story what was happened next after that tower.
And I will not.
That forum is full of whine enough.

(smile.jpg) Cmon, go sweat ambus in SAFE mode, with max FPS of 10. Do it a one year. Then try to call it "lucky win".

I'm starting to think my luck just sucks. :laugh:

I'm also thinking more and more about the Team vs. Solo dynamic. I team with my wife 99% of the time, so I have to wonder if that has an impact on loots vs. solo on the same hunt.

On the positive side... as long as we have fun, that's what it comes down to. :yay:

Hyndragoz, you hahe deposited only 150 EURO?

yes. I played smart for a long time to get more peds :) well, still am.. but nowadays i'm spending more on hunting activities

I'm starting to think my luck just sucks. :laugh:

Well, as I think that my ava is cursed in hunt. Yes, I cycled nothing to compare with others. Just 10k+ in globals. But it's globals, and max hof was 383ped. But mining and crafting looks good for me.

So, maybe you can try some activity, which isn't your main one?

Well, Dr3w, I don;t think the game reward your hard work..like sweating ambus at 10 FPS:)
You must admit that was a lucky win

On the community, the term lucky is used when you haven't spent the earned money and earn them in advance:)

WOW. Dragoz, you must send me a PM with some hints:)

From what I have saw the mining works pretty well for me also but from time to mine I am bored with mining and go hunting, that's when the time for deposits has come:laugh:

And for the OP I think you should talk to your wife and go hunt solo:)

Well, as I think that my ava is cursed in hunt. Yes, I cycled nothing to compare with others. Just 10k+ in globals. But it's globals, and max hof was 383ped. But mining and crafting looks good for me.

So, maybe you can try some activity, which isn't your main one?

heheh, yea, I do a little mining while we're hunting and crafting too for kicks (I have an UL BP for the Level 2 Mining Amp (L) that I'm working on). Not enough to note though. I've had one mining global WAY back.

I should probably mention.... Recently we've started working on those Iron Challenges, which are complete new to us upon having returned from an extended break a few months ago.

We decided to buy unlimited CB5's to hunt with, and hunt, for example, Young-Alpha Kibas near Twin to work the Shinkiba challenge. Wearing no armor. More often than not on those hunts, after calculating decay and expenses, and loot before MU, we PROFITED on the hunts. Sometimes just a few PED, once somewhere around 20 PED, that's with each of us going through only 100 PED of ammo per hunt calculated.

I think that's simply due to being extremely economical on those hunts.

We also had a good run on Troopers a week ago Sunday... 4 or 5 globals in one day I think (you can see them on Tracker). But even with those, we barely broke even due to decay on our Vigi and plates, and wear on the guns we were using.

But I've never had a HOF that was really a HOF (I don't count the 2 we have that were just after the list reset)... and Globals are extremely hit and miss (and right now of course I do not expect them since we're on small mobs.... though seeing folks hitting HOFs on the same maturity and same mob we are makes me roll my eyes for a minute, then I laugh it off). I figure we'll hopefully see more globals once we get off of the lower-end mobs and get back up to the bigger Atrox and higher again.

Don't get me wrong. This isn't "poor me" or anything. I feel pretty good having actually profited from some hunts, even if they were on low-end (sometimes boring) mobs.

As has been mentioned many times, it's better in the long run to break even, than get a global and still lose.

But that doesn't mean we don't want to hear the trumpets now and then. :cool:

Well, Dr3w, I don;t think the game reward your hard work..like sweating ambus at 10 FPS:)
You must admit that was a lucky win

If I admit that, then I will agree that this game is a gamble. Which isn't.

Change word "reward" with word "trigger", better to see it like that.

Belive me ----> its only cycle and luck nothing else because so far i had deposit about 150 - 200k $.
So far nothing special with the loot.

( strange with a game who is not a lottery or gambling ) but if it was that i could understand that.

So stop lie about the game MA.

Belive me ----> its only cycle and luck nothing else because so far i had deposit about 150 - 200k $.
So far nothing special with the loot.

( strange with a game who is not a lottery or gambling ) but if it was that i could understand that.

So stop lie about the game MA.

I don't think they lie. It's not official, but many players agreed in 90% returns, right? That means - you loose. Always loose, right?

I don't think they lie. It's not official, but many players agreed in 90% returns, right? That means - you loose. Always loose, right?

Thats true 90% only of your ammo and bombs cost (dont know how crafting work ) rest is luck or up to MA.

Thats true 90% only of your ammo and bombs cost (dont know how crafting work ) rest is luck or up to MA.

Okay. Then it isn't gamble. It's obviously system. MA isn't lie.

Okay. Then it isn't gamble. It's obviously system. MA isn't lie.

There is a hidden lottery that makes this not fall under the Lotteries Act, but this 90% limit is just less and less because the whole VU 10 is built for to give lots of decay and this project did MA start in VU 9.0..

So what was 90% in VU 6.0 its only "lets say" 30% - 40% in VU 10.0.

So you can see that that part of the 90% getting smaller all the time and this part is not a lottery.
And the part who is luck its getting bigger all the time and thats is lottery,
So i cant see this game becoming a lottery more and more.

So its today a lottery --> "luck" or you lose.

I think it was Jason on live chat...who stated

"deposits have nothing to do with loot"

So i am going for that

Rgds

Ace

PS it is on the forum somewhere but i cannot be bothered to find it

I think it was Jason on live chat...who stated

"deposits have nothing to do with loot"

So i am going for that

Rgds

Ace

PS it is on the forum somewhere but i cannot be bothered to find it

That I believe.

It's kinda funny... I was just feeling a bit nostalgic and looking back at some threads I posted in from 05 and 06. Seems I couldn't figure out back then whether it was better to team with my wife or go solo either. LOL

Funny how things change, but they stay the same.:laugh:

Deposits: ~300ped when started playing less than two years ago.

Cycle speed: 150kPED/month

Result after decay: +7kPED/month

Yes, average for every month. And I'm not ashamed to admit that.

Good luck with the gambling... seriously, what's wrong with people?

:smoke:

There is only 1 theory. You get back 90% return. There are upswings and downswigs. Just wait for ur big jackpot, thats all :)

The answer is a LOT of cycled peds... thats the reason, because the Ubers always receive more loot than mid level players... Ubers only are recycling a lot of peds... but their deposits, in fact, could be very less, from those mid level avatars... (listen this)... Then, the answer is: A big lot of cycled peds, and not necesarily deposits.. (at least in Timkrats management, always have worked on that way).. ;)

-----
Note: But remember also, before someone can be an Uber, he must be a mid level player for a big while...

They did it to me. Kinda 40 USD depo and 14k lyst, classic noob tower in first day of mining with zero skills in that.

Need add some details:
1. I started in 2009, with sweating, breaks, etc, trying non-depo, with very weak PC, etc-etc;
2. First depos was kinda 40 USD in total, in that year.

Account Created 2009-04
04 Feb 2011 Committed 193.00
16 Feb 2011 Committed 164.10
Lysterium Stone 14067 PED Sunday, February 20, 2011 19:12

There is rumours, when you coming back from large break - system rewards you with "welcome hof" or something.

Anyway - I just show facts. It can shoot you in advance.

I didn't tell the story what was happened next after that tower.
And I will not.
That forum is full of whine enough.

Eve Damsel Online
Rapture of Rebellion
Resource mined: Narcanisum Stone
Value of resources: 37135 PED
Date of entry: 2011-09-26 18:51:40

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm trying to understand what your saying between the few lines you wrote.

You only deposited ~300 ped a few years ago, and now from only that 300 ped investment you cycle 150k ped every month and that nets you on average +7k ped a month, or ~.05% on your money.

And your comment, "Good luck with the gambling... seriously, what's wrong with people?" means, your not gambling?

I'm guessing you mean, you were able to depo 300 ped and trade that up to a ped balance that allows you to cycle 150k a month now in a designated activity that you do so well that your able to consistently generate +7k a month, and because other people aren't doing that or don't know how, they are gambling and you are not.

Is that what you mean?

I see your avatar is hidden on tracker, so I can't see what your up to, but thanks for clarifying :)

my biggest loot was 1250 ped on a molisk young in 2005, after my first deposit of 350 ped. I played for free in 2004, from 2005-now I deposited 35 euro's a month, never got more than that first loot back in 2005.
I don't think it;s tied to deposits nor cycled ped. Its about being in the right place at the right time with the right equipment.

Well, you have also a great lucky since you are only a newbie:... Daikiba 1k, Drone 8k, Craft 2.4k, Mining 19k (this last, august 2011)----

I am sure many have to do with a lot of peds recycling .... However, i believe exists another variables differents of turnover... because there are Ubers also, like Naomi, who never have receive as Star or Stryker... ¿Real Lucky? Very difficult to believe inside a computer enviroment... A very bad simulated "lucky" for the game?? It is more possible ;) ... I think the game have an algorithm of "lucky", that is not only a simple ramdomize function, however, once is calculated, could define the kind of lucky cycle, that an avatar can have for all his life as entropian..

Back