Is MA going crazy?

MA is (hopefully) making a nice little profit out of this, if this is helping them financially, and helps MA as a company get into the black and regularly update the game, I think it's a great event.

opinions can be varies;

but my is that all those hofs meant: loot manager pulled all loots and concentrated on the QUEEN.

and in returns; bad loots for other mob hunters.

opinions can be varies;

but my is that all those hofs meant: loot manager pulled all loots and concentrated on the QUEEN.

and in returns; bad loots for other mob hunters.

I believe you're right, I have hunted, mined and cycled through a lot of peds (haven't lost much at all) and haven't globaled at all, could be the avatar "luck" or algorithms though. who knows? but I will stop hunting as much whilst this event is taking place :)

also agree about all others loot very bad ,

I have been very impressed with this event. There is little to no lag with 50 + players hunting the Queens, the loots are reasonable and it's great to see so many players enjoying this event.

I don't know what MA did to fix the lag issue but it worked! This event is also great because every player has a chance at a big HOF... Even if it is split 50 ways :)

I have been very impressed with this event. There is little to no lag with 50 + players hunting the Queens, the loots are reasonable and it's great to see so many players enjoying this event.

I don't know what MA did to fix the lag issue but it worked! This event is also great because every player has a chance at a big HOF... Even if it is split 50 ways

Very happy to hear about the lag issue being resolved somehow, personally i havent been or planning to
go for the queens but it sounds like a hell of a event and the HOF list should be a way to tell that alot of
people enjoy this event.

Great job on this one MA :).

Best regards
Zweshi

nope they're doing exactly what they planned to do, get lots of people using huge amounts of ammo ;) the ped they've received in decay / ammo is vastly more than they've paid out.

If there was anything accidental the server would have been offline after the first few.

It's probably also a counter to the Arkadia UL weapon drops.

But the worst is that Mind Ark has cut back on the loot in any other hunting, so that means that Mind Ark can not afford to hold these kind of events.:mad:

The method behind the so called MA madness. Or.. Get the heck off of Calypso while it's being terraformed!

Well from where I sit there's a method to MA's madness, and a lot of Calypsans who are uber really played into it.

So really the madness lies with the people going after the queens and not the players who aren't.

Whar is the method? Easy.. To frustrate the ubers off the planet literally.

With such paltry drops for uber players these players will in turn see the unlimited Drops on Arkadia as a godsend.. So some of the ubers will leave Calypso for Arkadia, to go after the UL Loots (Most notably the smuggler weapons..

This will in turn have two aspects...

1. With ubers coming over to Arkadia, Calypso's lag actually drops.. (Less people on the server. After all a lot of players who stay on Calypso, are actually causing their own lag. (Because they are olverloading the Calypso servers thus preventing other players from being able to enjoy the fun. Now with these paltry loots, ubers who want a better return will travel elsewhere (and at a risk as there are PK'ers out in space) and that elsewhere is of ocurse Arkadia..

(See where that's going? If not, then let me continue.)

2. With the load off the Calypso servers and the lag reduced, the coming update (Due out on the 26th, will further help optimize the Calypso servers.. thus improving gameplay and thus reduing lage.. (Granted there's what I call The 5 am (MA Time) lag in game, but I'm guessing that this is due to usual server optimization, (Things like automatic computer maineanence.) But with so many people on Caly atm, the issue is that it's taking longer and longer for folks toget loot returns back.. due to the lag...

3. By pulling people off of Calypso, and showing them over to the more optiminzed Arkadia, lag doegoes down, after all Caly is right now poorly optimized.. After 26 September with the new items in plafce (including new servers for Amathera, which will enlarge the Caly map significantly, the lag should drop to something more managable.

So in a way, that's their REAL plan.. to let folks leave Caly on their own accord in order to get things ready for the update.. The loot? it's just a byproduct of the preparations.. In order to get people who believe "Caly is the center of the EU' to realize. it's not.. there are other worlds out there, other mobs, other ideas..

It's really all up to a lot of players to choose. but a lot of self centered know it alls stay on Calypso.. why? In order to make the game lag.. and thus think that they'll get better loot.. The realizty is.. they wont..

Sinple straight to the point.

Benjamin Ben Coyote a.k.a. "The Blind Sniper"

But the worst is that Mind Ark has cut back on the loot in any other hunting, so that means that Mind Ark can not afford to hold these kind of events.:mad:

Do you have statistical proof of that statement?

Even if it is true, it could simply mean that you are having a bad cykle, I have heard several others say they have good loot on other mobs and in mining despite the queens :coffee:

I don't see why somebody would quit the game just cause of this event. People can hunt other mobs, your choice to come & help or not.

Or rather: I don't see why somebody would not join the game just cause of this event. :wtg:
Haven't had so much fun in EU in months! May it last for some more days ... :yay:

It was a really nice event. And the whiners could all have been there being fast and shooting an opalo for one time on each of the three mobs (to be one of the first 12 shooters) and getting nice swirlies for 6 pec cost!

I got a full tt korss while shooting a karma/a105 and 80 ped ammo.. I normally am not this lucky, especially since most of the hunters there have more dps than I do. So it was quite possible to profit.

The more people hunting one kind of mob = the more globals and hofs on that mob!

Sounds like a nice event :)

All I can say is I'm so very envious of you all getting into game, all I can do is stay in for 5 minutes in safe mode until my broken card overheats. Replacement is still shipping.

I was there shooting like a MoFo last night... Loot wasn´t good ( for me, i was dead on all the big ones.... =D ) but i had loads of fun! :yay:

All I can say is I'm so very envious of you all getting into game, all I can do is stay in for 5 minutes in safe mode until my broken card overheats. Replacement is still shipping.

What card do you have? Did you tried to repair it? Clean radiator, also thermal grease can get dry, and it's kinda simple to fix.

As to the OP's question, no, MA is not going crazy. Finally they are finding creative new ways for some more fun, gathering lots of people to fill the loot pool without them having to go through complicated teaming up processes. I won't mention the healthy benefit of hearing global and HoF sounds every other minute and the very cool soundtrack of 50 different weapons echoing on my loudspeakers.

Ride on!

P.S. Won't mention either that I looted my biggest gun ever, because loot is and always was just a side effect of EU for me.

Crazy ? Man u should check market value on guns and armor in the beginning of year. They had no events first months. Hl8 for ex i remember was even 110%. Its very good this event they need to make ppls burn some of the guns looted on eomon and mulmum.

Crazy ? Man u should check market value on guns and armor in the beginning of year. They had no events first months. Hl8 for ex i remember was even 110%. Its very good this event they need to make ppls burn some of the guns looted on eomon and mulmum.

IMO, they just need to test massive, combined firepower and shared loot distribution, regen of huge-health-bosses, server-loads, balance, etc - that's all just for upcoming September 26th.

What card do you have? Did you tried to repair it? Clean radiator, also thermal grease can get dry, and it's kinda simple to fix.

Its a 9800GT Green with a no longer working fan. And yes, I have tried all the obvious things. As getting a good replacement VGA cooler looked like taking as long as a new card, I just ordered a GTX 560 instead.

The 24 hour hof list being filled with queens is no shocker to anyone who understands what a hof is. A hof is just a top 100 global for the day. If thousands of creatures costing just shy of 200 ped per kill are being killed per day....well what do you expect. Every mini loot on them will be a hof bigger then the 90% of the normal hof list.

The biggest queen loot was only about a 75-100 multiplier. Thats not that big of a loot considering cost to kill. To anyone who is disappointed a ath didnt drop. Well there werent enough kills to get it. Probably about 8000-10000 queens were killed and thats just not enough to get a 1000x multiplier loot without serious luck.

Was fun to mess around with the trox queens for a couple days. 387 deaths and all! hehe

This has to be one of the funniest whine threads i have seen in a while

Just my two pecs

-loot mechanics are the same for all mobs, 90% ish tt return
-big event mobs = lots hunting, massive health = bigger overall loots, = more globals/hofs, the maths is really simple = filled up hof bored
-returns in other professions not effected

Time and time again, people complain about loot during events. I have tracked my mining returns, and there is never EVER any change during events. I have mined through the vast majority of events in PE

People need a reason to complain about loot, events is just one of them

Rgds

Ace

The 24 hour hof list being filled with queens is no shocker to anyone who understands what a hof is. A hof is just a top 100 global for the day. If thousands of creatures costing just shy of 200 ped per kill are being killed per day....well what do you expect. Every mini loot on them will be a hof bigger then the 90% of the normal hof list.

The biggest queen loot was only about a 75-100 multiplier. Thats not that big of a loot considering cost to kill. To anyone who is disappointed a ath didnt drop. Well there werent enough kills to get it. Probably about 8000-10000 queens were killed and thats just not enough to get a 1000x multiplier loot without serious luck.

Was fun to mess around with the trox queens for a couple days. 387 deaths and all! hehe

Your post explains well.

But I'm not sure about your "Loot / cost" 1000x multiplier, I prefer the "Loot / HP" one as the cost to kill is very dependant.

So lets take the so popular Argo (300 HP) and their regular 9,000 PED HoFs, this multiplier is 30x, right?
Knowing that Trox Queens are 49,420 HP, I wait for the 1,482,600 PED ATH.

Now if you believe of a "Mob-based" lootpool, we may have to wait several years before it drops. :tongue2:

Where are these trox queens anyways? I wandered around miniopolis and didn't see any....

Please help the Clueless Socless....

Where are these trox queens anyways? I wandered around miniopolis and didn't see any....

Please help the Clueless Socless....

They're south, about 878, 825. (not exact location, but fly around there, should be easy to find. steady stream of people coming back from the revive to the east, circle of dots around the hundred foot tall behemoths)

..and it looks like they might be gone, just got up this morning and i don't see them anymore..

Last edited:
So lets take the so popular Argo (300 HP) and their regular 9,000 PED HoFs, this multiplier is 30x, right?
Knowing that Trox Queens are 49,420 HP, I wait for the 1,482,600 PED ATH.

I think someone did a short study on mob top loots compared to HP, and found the 'multiplier' decreased with HP. Nothing says the distribution has to be identical for each mob - we know it isn't since in general bigger mobs have less no loots.

Time and time again, people complain about loot during events. I have tracked my mining returns, and there is never EVER any change during events. I have mined through the vast majority of events in PE

I guess for the most part people are hunting bigger mobs in events, and so getting more volatility in their returns. That probably explains most of the extra complaining. Actually, if you ignore the event completely and hunt normal stuff sometimes you can benefit from all the markup changes that having a load of people all focussed on event mobs brings. One of my best spells ever was during the first Mayhem (after I abandoned the Mayhem mobs).

Event has ended now (afaik) and overall it was one of the most enjoyable hunting experiences ive had - more entertaining that the Harbinger (non)event.

Only problem is loot distribution - 750 PED HoF with a 550 PED TT ESI that goes to one person...thats a little hard to swallow but its all part of the game.

Better to give each shooter a mini ESI - a true loot distribution imo.

Loot was fine for other mobs - swunt teams had some very good drops - other mobs still globalled and the top 3 HoFs yesterday were not Queen Atrox, and all over 10k PED.

:twocents:

I did great on the atrox queens using a Isis Bl1300 with a Fi/Ra/co cause. This set up allowed me to loot two Khorss (L) weapons and some brain and thyroid oil. When I got hit, I d always get killed so I never healed, just TP d back to the Queen spawn from revive with a level II teleport chip.

If you cannot use a high powered weapon that causes a lot of damage per second then you cannot expect to get a big share of the loot on these types of mobs. Having the right tools will help.

Good Luck.

Well from where I sit there's a method to MA's madness, and a lot of Calypsans who are uber really played into it.

So really the madness lies with the people going after the queens and not the players who aren't.

Whar is the method? Easy.. To frustrate the ubers off the planet literally.

With such paltry drops for uber players these players will in turn see the unlimited Drops on Arkadia as a godsend.. So some of the ubers will leave Calypso for Arkadia, to go after the UL Loots (Most notably the smuggler weapons..

This will in turn have two aspects...

1. With ubers coming over to Arkadia, Calypso's lag actually drops.. (Less people on the server. After all a lot of players who stay on Calypso, are actually causing their own lag. (Because they are olverloading the Calypso servers thus preventing other players from being able to enjoy the fun. Now with these paltry loots, ubers who want a better return will travel elsewhere (and at a risk as there are PK'ers out in space) and that elsewhere is of ocurse Arkadia..

(See where that's going? If not, then let me continue.)

2. With the load off the Calypso servers and the lag reduced, the coming update (Due out on the 26th, will further help optimize the Calypso servers.. thus improving gameplay and thus reduing lage.. (Granted there's what I call The 5 am (MA Time) lag in game, but I'm guessing that this is due to usual server optimization, (Things like automatic computer maineanence.) But with so many people on Caly atm, the issue is that it's taking longer and longer for folks toget loot returns back.. due to the lag...

3. By pulling people off of Calypso, and showing them over to the more optiminzed Arkadia, lag doegoes down, after all Caly is right now poorly optimized.. After 26 September with the new items in plafce (including new servers for Amathera, which will enlarge the Caly map significantly, the lag should drop to something more managable.

So in a way, that's their REAL plan.. to let folks leave Caly on their own accord in order to get things ready for the update.. The loot? it's just a byproduct of the preparations.. In order to get people who believe "Caly is the center of the EU' to realize. it's not.. there are other worlds out there, other mobs, other ideas..

It's really all up to a lot of players to choose. but a lot of self centered know it alls stay on Calypso.. why? In order to make the game lag.. and thus think that they'll get better loot.. The realizty is.. they wont..

Sinple straight to the point.

Benjamin Ben Coyote a.k.a. "The Blind Sniper"

You need to quit smoking whatever it is you've been smoking.

Well, I didn't hunt for about 2 months before the Queens! (space!!!)

I did lose some peds... but I had fun too.... close to the end .... I got disappointed coz of lots of swirls... but really no good loot!! ....then went for Fresco and got a nice global with hl14.

But, I guess that's K .... I'm here to have fun.... and all fun come with some price.... and i accept that!
MA should be creative like this one to entertain us,,,, draw in and keep more players in game....and grow bigger... that's the hope i've for the future.
........and yes, from time to time I'd whine too .... it's part of life.... real or virtual!!! and get used to it!! :)

Back