Is there a shitlist - maintained by MindArk?

Status
It is just that they listen to the flow of Peds ingame, where they have precise stats, then to a marginal group here on the forum.

Plus they listen to players who could hunt during hydra event and not complan!

I would like to gather the info from this Hydra event:

So if you know, please post the Hydra number (1,2,3..) soc that looted them and the items inside, and i will update the first post.

I am very curious to how generous has FPC been during this event :)

Hydras:

1. Art of War: Chronicle shin guards (M), Omegaton A106, Tiger footguards (F),

2. Manticore: turret

[YOUTUBE]Z0RObm98G0A[/YOUTUBE]

3. (22.08.10) Universe United: Chronicle Gloves (F), adjusted V1, 2 Tiger parts

[YOUTUBE]yc3WdGqXWWw[/YOUTUBE]

4. ( )Warants: Camo Arms Jungle Stalker, Tiger Arm Guards (M), Tiger Foot Guards (F), Omegaton A106

[YOUTUBE]g0I6uIlnZD8[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]UVx2tXGL81I[/YOUTUBE]

5. (25.08.10) Warants: Tiger foot guards (M), Starkhov AS-129, Survival EnBlade-10, Omegaton A106

[YOUTUBE]kQHqW2cui1E[/YOUTUBE]

6. (25.08.10) Art of War: A106, Tiger Foot Guards (M), Chronicle Shin Guards (F)

[YOUTUBE]XFZkYD81-JI[/YOUTUBE]

7.(29.08.10) Warants: drowned)

[YOUTUBE]LYpeWmi8jl8[/YOUTUBE]

8. (01.09.10) Art of War: A106, Tiger Foot Guards (F), Combat Enblade 10

[YOUTUBE]OePg_q64RKw[/YOUTUBE]

[youtube]BVpcbmJR7K0[/youtube]

9. (05:09:10) Art of War: camo arms jungle stalker, tiger gloves F

10. Charbydis (05.09.10) Art of War: Meckel & Loch ML-35,Marber Tango-Type Plasma Annihilator, Shadow foot guards (M), Tiger Shins guards (F)

[YOUTUBE]t7HqOUcf4-Y[/YOUTUBE]

Did the balanding team failed in those situation ... NO.
The balancing team failed when there is mass participation! Sanking, Hussk!

So, now ppl should be able to see why players from ck, AOW etc, should never complain...

Instead, sing in sync with MA loot balancing team!

Last edited:
Well, after i started to talk about how MA hates long term players, how MA probably consumes all the ped deposited after paying withdrawals and so on, I indeed noticed how my 30k/month profits turned to 15k/month loses (having 127 in laser damage and so on, hunting with impmk2/mod merc/mod fap). I just started to notice how anybody else gets all globals hunting in same area as me. This and some other things i hate in EU development after 2006 actually made me sell out and quit. So MA has 1 less whiner actually.

Why so complicated? They could simple "shut down" you, conserving 1m+, isn't it?

Oh ffs Ermik now it's a meta analysis of shit loots yet again, but yeah same thoughts ;)

i try to be rational in what i see, not mixing in emotions around how i would want it to be.

:)

I can't really tell you much about our upcoming marketing campaign however you can expect that MindArk will market Planet Calypso as a MMORPG while the Entropia Universe is marketed in a business to business fashion.

When will it start? Impossible to say because it depends on how long it takes for us to fix some problems that we have identified that causes players to leave the game early.

Cheers
The question is... are certain avatars that are on 'the list' if it does exist the 'problems' mentioned in the above quote?

Why so complicated? They could simple "shut down" you, conserving 1m+, isn't it?
at that time they had nothing against that in eula.
very limited number of avatars were locked at that time at all.iirc only one was locked for saying threats to marco, few were locked for bugs exploting, well and riga team soc for botting@longus

my experiance with MA and lootpool:

Last summer, as MA was in holidays, i depo 130$ and killed over 7k trox with that cash. As soon as they was back from summer holiday i got a much bad hunting period. So i really was thinking, they but my personal luck button off.

I think they can use some tools to make some avas happy or unhappy.. i'm a game dev, and i know what is possible to code and what not!

The question is only: do they use this option or not?

Yes there is.
I've been on it for years.
You get used to it. :) :laugh:

Infinity, your obsession with the Hydra event gets old and boring. I answered you in length about how the majority of very good items dropped last years to mid and low level players in another thread some time ago. You did choose to ignore my post.

Your constant whining that high level players get all the good stuff so easy is factually wrong and also shows that you have no clue about the economy of high level / high turnover hunting.

Actually, there is no evidence they can control loot of a single mob. We have seen that they can change the loot of a single mob type (using sand kings as an example) for a specified time, in this case, all of Sand Kings in game would have looted loads of items. It just happens that a) there is ever only one sand king in game and b) there is always rather long time between sand kings in game, so loot table changes can easily be made.

There is no evidence that a single mob can be made to loot differently than others, or that looter parameters can directly be taken into account.

First: to discuss something, I do not need evidence. We have a simple interchange of possibilities. I don't accuse MA of cheating, but it would be possible for them to cheat and play unfair! Until they do not tell more about their so called "ingame-dynamics" they must live with such discussions of people that are not just some Zombie-Followers but have a working mind and bring something in question.

Second: the loot-system is definately not a independent system that follows a independent mathematical algorithm in an endless loop - one loop probably goes one VU but can probably even modified within one VU. As long as the database, and that algorithm MA might use, can be modified, as long MA can adjust it to their or any other persons benefit or loss. Any programmer can tell you that such things are possible to code.

To substantiate my allegation I bring up an example of the biggest Ruga find ever in EU history (Gratz to Paris Dub Hilton), that popped up a short while after Phantom BP's were discovered but there was not enough supply of Ruga to serve the demand of the carafters hence they were not able to serve the demand of the users. Easy economical theory that doesn't need some extra explanation, you agree? More Phantom on market equal more people deposit extra money to buy a set of Phantom. Why there was such a find not earlier for Master Coats? To keep them Rare maybe and increase their prices, I don't know. But who does? This is why people bring up such discussions and some get pissed because MA talks about a virtual universe where everyone can explore and find it's place - but that's BS.

In "my" world I know what is possible because not one "company" controls something - it's the players that run the market. So this universe, as much as I like it, is more a dictatorship of an "secret government" than a free enterprise system where people have fair chances to make enough for their virtual living.

Wasn't it Snables once that dropped Omegaton M2870 Improved Pistols for a very short time which was communicated as a bug too and MA had to "fix" this?

What other evidence you need? :) Yeah, I like the "game" too, but sometimes things are just ... you know?

Well, I need some cheese now to my whine!

Peace

Last edited:
Well, after i started to talk about how MA hates long term players, how MA probably consumes all the ped deposited after paying withdrawals and so on, I indeed noticed how my 30k/month profits turned to 15k/month loses (having 127 in laser damage and so on, hunting with impmk2/mod merc/mod fap). I just started to notice how anybody else gets all globals hunting in same area as me. This and some other things i hate in EU development after 2006 actually made me sell out and quit. So MA has 1 less whiner actually.

Well, you are still Great Master in Rifle or something, seen you ingame standing in auction at Medusa :) So you didnt sell out all skills at least :)

But I 100% agree to what u say.

Yup I also am thinking there is one of these lists... LOL probably reduces your loot by 30% or something. Every time I say something negative about something my loot sure does seem to suck for about a week or so after....

Now I am sure that is just all presumptions and just speculation here and it seems that way because one feels jilted but it sure does seem to be the pattern.

Yup I also am thinking there is one of these lists... LOL probably reduces your loot by 30% or something. Every time I say something negative about something my loot sure does seem to suck for about a week or so after....

Now I am sure that is just all presumptions and just speculation here and it seems that way because one feels jilted but it sure does seem to be the pattern.

Well, before selling out finally, maybe first get urself removed from the forum then...I had that thought coming to my mind already ;) So less platforms to complain, maybe better return from hunting ;) Easy formula, isn't it? :)))

Well, before selling out finally, maybe first get urself removed from the forum then...I had that thought coming to my mind already ;) So less platforms to complain, maybe better return from hunting ;) Easy formula, isn't it? :)))

You know the 3 monkeys?:)

ok, so when ppl have bad loot they whine on forum.

and then they think MA push some button for their loot to suck?

but, didnt the loot suck prior to complaining, thus beeing the entire reason to complain?

only thing i see is an avatar going into a bad loot swing, and handling it way wrong.

and some say, "but MA could if they wanted to"

well ofcourse they could , they own the game , for all i care they could also log on as our avatars having wild sex parties while we sleep, its not likely but they could!

tin foil hats off guys, nothing to see here but excuses to not having to adapt and change.

eu is not meant to be a fun game ALL the time, sometimes you MUST do booring stuff to get ahead.

but as long as ppl use EU as a dopamine source , they will loose longterm.

cheers

ermik

Ah, before i forget and so i make actually one on topic post: The question in the OP got asked in an Q&A years ago and we have an official answer from MindArk on the topic:

Hello crew!

Here are the Balancing Manager's responses to the Q&A. Any questions that were unrelated to balancing were omitted. Also, rather than respond "I cannot comment on the inner workings of the dynamics of Entropia Universe", any other questions that required such a reply were also omitted in the responses.

Post 272
Does MA has an "inferior loot list" for avatars that have been annoying?
Submitted by Micheva

No.

So thread can be closed, or..? :girl:

I have a few things to say in response to this thread.

But, instead of putting my thoughts into words, I will simply use smilies. :lolup:, oh and :scratch2:. And let's not forget :confused:, :coffee:, :duh: and :loco:.

I would also like to say that :o:, :banghead: and :scratch:.

Last, but certainly not least: :whiner:.

Ah, before i forget and so i make actually one on topic post: The question in the OP got asked in an Q&A years ago and we have an official answer from MindArk on the topic:

No need to close ... let ppl talk whatevr they want ...

I'll not log in forum for 7 days. ..................cheers :)

Yes MA has a shit list, I am the dictator in control of it, if I don't like you then you get shit loots, so everyone, styop worshiping this false god named Lootius and instead pay homage to me, the great and powerful Greyfox.

(I couldn't resist)

When they make this list, do they check it twice?
They do want to find out who is naughty and who is nice...
La Laaa Laaaa Laa Laaaaaa...... La Laaa Laaaa Laa Laaaaaa...... to towwwwnnnnnn.......

Ha, as if they had such a list they would admit it. :)

Not sure about a shit list, but it seems blatantly obvious they have rewarded certain people at moments through the years (I'm not talking about "lucky avatars" like Stormer, Alina, Dasouth, etc.).

No :wise:

Don't believe the hype! :p

Mindark will never take such a action or any like it, the reason is information has this way of leaking out. if the player base ever sees legit evidence of such actions many if not all will leave.

Mindark is not the guy standing outside of porta offering to repair your stuff

In regards to the OP I would say yes MA does have a S*** List. Its called Permenant Ban

I suspect that there is a shit list as well as a permanent ban list.

MA and their staff are the nicest people(their Swedish) that have ever run a great game like this and i dont think they would ever do anything like that to players who voiced their concerns on this forum or any other because those players really only want the best for Entropia and they understand players feelings can run hot sometimes.:bowdown:

The answer: No.

If there was such a list I can almost guarantee you I would be on it. I have made no secret of questions and criticisms I have had in the past, including directly attacking the Calypso Guide Program. There's plenty of reason for MA to have turned a magic switch on my character that said "poor loot for this guy," and by doing so increasing my likelihood of leaving their product. But that's not what happened.

My loots are reasonable. Not great, but not altogether horrible. I have my upswings and downswings like anyone else, and have a few nice high loots to my name. I'm reasonably successful and have fun, though I dont see myself ever getting rich off EU.

Why would they make a shit list when they profit from all in some way? Mindark is a game about $$$ not a popularity contest. Players complaining are often good points that need addressing like Hussk.

The answer is yes
I'm on it, have been for months now.

Pi$$ed off with the absolute crap I am getting in loots.
A lot of chompers killed tonight by me and boney, and MA has the nerve to give me 20 pec of explosive ammo and 2 oil residue in 1, and the others barely had more than 1 ped in them, and seeing exa youngs hofing at 400 odd ped, getting sick of it.

Buying Battlefield 3 in the next few days, time I got away from this ped draining sink hole.
If I like that as much as Battlefield 2, might be time to sell up, $30 for an hours hunt, with about $7 return, is to much, and thats 95% of the time.

Am extremely annoyed right now, so sorry if people are offended by my ranting, but it's just pissing me off to much now.

No.

It would be counter productive.

Mindark want more players not pissed off ones. They want players to spread the word, not spread negativity.

Status
Back