Question: Is there atribute that affect your ability to cary items?

AxeMurderer

Elite
Wand AxeMurderer Silva
Is there something that makes you cary more before you go to yelow and red for inventory overweight or this is the same for all avatars - new and skilled?

It still goes yellow and red on the same points I believe for all avatars.
But, for weight, the more agility you have, the longer you can keep speed, at least that's how it was before, not sure if it's still ntoiceable these days with VU10.

Anyone have some nice research on this? :)

Is there something that makes you cary more before you go to yelow and red for inventory overweight or this is the same for all avatars - new and skilled?

Agy influences runing speed
and
Streanght influences how much stuff U can cary in inventory, more U have = more U can take with U before U end up not able to run anymore

Sorry about bad english :)

Agy influences runing speed
and
Streanght influences how much stuff U can cary in inventory, more U have = more U can take with U before U end up not able to run anymore

Sorry about bad english :)

i have noticed marginal differences, yes... but i always keep a refiner on me for those pesky animal hides anyway.

That's what logic was telling me too, but it is not writen in entropedia and no matter how many times I ask this in game I got no answer. It will be good if someone come up with some numbers

Streanght influences how much stuff U can cary in inventory, more U have = more U can take with U before U end up not able to run anymore ..

No it doesnt.

The most skilled ava stops running at the same weight as the freshly arrived rookie.

We checked that pretty recently.

ninja glitch atribute :) or some kind weird bug, sometime it cause you to run with over 1 ton weight, dont know how to get it, but it happens once when I was moving down from the old CND and I picked up a lot of dungs, somehow I could run with a few tons weights.

Are you sure about that Serica? I have over 70 strength and can carry over 240kg before I turn red. I'll be in the yellow and slow but not at slowest walking pace.

So as far as I know, the more strength you have, the more you can carry before you start to slow down.

I've always meant to ask this newbie question, but been too embarrassed to as I've got older :ahh:

Is there a total limit to how much weight you can carry? If so, what is it.

I've always meant to ask this newbie question, but been too embarrassed to as I've got older :ahh:

Well, once I walked with 8 tons. That was nice walk.

Are you sure about that Serica? I have over 70 strength and can carry over 240kg before I turn red. I'll be in the yellow and slow but not at slowest walking pace.

So as far as I know, the more strength you have, the more you can carry before you start to slow down.

Everyone can carry 240kg before turning red.

People have been perpetuating the myth that Strength helps with weight for years. It's never been true.

It matter your RL skills.
In past was easy - was enought to put looted pecs, peds in pedcard and your weight was ok on long hunt.
Nowdays you must be able to carry 3 types of refiners and use them from time to time or send weight to storage with veichle.

Perhaps a reseller-buyer would know better than I, but I saved up animal hide for a few months until I had 2k peds worth (20,000 kg), and took it all out of storage at once. I did not receive any warning messages or indications there was a limit.

Perhaps a reseller-buyer would know better than I, but I saved up animal hide for a few months until I had 2k peds worth (20,000 kg), and took it all out of storage at once. I did not receive any warning messages or indications there was a limit.

Try this crap! :laugh:

And yeah, yellow at ~170 and red at ~240 IIRC, regardless of any attribute or skill. :yup:

Last edited:
ninja glitch atribute :) or some kind weird bug, sometime it cause you to run with over 1 ton weight, dont know how to get it, but it happens once when I was moving down from the old CND and I picked up a lot of dungs, somehow I could run with a few tons weights.

That was an old bug where you could drop something and when you picked it up again, the weight wasn't added back on. I heard the bug was used a fair bit on former CND, when it was there was no storage up there.

Incidentally, the number of items you're holding does make a difference too, regardless of total weight held. One of my soc guys (hi Butch!) who crafts a lot came to a sudden halt due to carrying too many bp's. I'm not sure of the number of items that triggers this tho.

ok, just did a quick test, 170kg to turn yellow, and 250kg to turn red for me. Tested by dropping bottles of sweat into inventory.

BTW, I do remember before VU10 that the stage that I would turn yellow was much higher back then. Was over 180kg at one point. I remember it as I tested it and discussed it with a soc mate.

It really would be nice if your strength played a factor into how heavy youu copld get before not being able too move anymore. It is nice that MindArc finally took the weight off of all types of ammo a few VUs ago. Makes longer hunt runs possible now instead of just walking everywhere.

~Danimal

170. 70 would be rough.

:ahh: Whoops. Missed a digit. Put it back.

BTW, I do remember before VU10 that the stage that I would turn yellow was much higher back then. Was over 180kg at one point. I remember it as I tested it and discussed it with a soc mate.

Not sure when you did your tests, but my published test from 2008 said 170 was the yellow mark and 250 for red.

In short, it seems not much has changed.

Back