Is there Skill Decay?

happy_hipster

Guardian
Jack Hipster Kimble
I was recently looking over my skills, and at one point, sweating was my highest skill, which means over 1000 because that is my promoter rating(which is still 1000). Now I see it is 798. So I wonder, did my sweat skill decay from under-use, or is it just an optical illusion of sort because I have gained so much in other skills while doing nothing with sweating anymore?

I did find some stuff in the wish list section on skill decay, but only proposals, nothing on implementation.

Is there any type of skill decay?
If so, what is the rate?
If so, when does this decay kick in?

I was recently looking over my skills, and at one point, sweating was my highest skill, which means over 1000 because that is my promoter rating(which is still 1000). Now I see it is 798. So I wonder, did my sweat skill decay from under-use, or is it just an optical illusion of sort because I have gained so much in other skills while doing nothing with sweating anymore?

I did find some stuff in the wish list section on skill decay, but only proposals, nothing on implementation.

If so, what is the rate?
If so, when does this decay kick in?

There is no skill decay from what I know but....

Maybe at some point avatars had 1000 point in Swet Gatherer by default and after some update it went to 0 and then you gained those skills by sweating...don't know, just saying

I haven't hunted in months, and my skill are the same.

Nope.

If you absolutely, sure, what you loose some of your skills - that's bug. Try to find screenshot with your old skills (if you have any) and write support case with it.

Nope.

If you absolutely, sure, what you loose some of your skills - that's bug. Try to find screenshot with your old skills (if you have any) and write support case with it.

It typically happens/happened if either the server you last visited crashed (could have happened while you were offline), or if you do a "relog" quickly after arriving to a new (server) area.

What you would lose would be the skills you gained last session, so it's very unlikely you'd lose several hundred skillpoints.

It typically happens/happened if either the server you last visited crashed (could have happened while you were offline), or if you do a "relog" quickly after arriving to a new (server) area.

What you would lose would be the skills you gained last session, so it's very unlikely you'd lose several hundred skillpoints.
Yep, I know, it's well known "feature" for years :)
That's why I didn't mention it here, since it's clearly, that he lost (if he really did) way more than one or even several sessions.

No Loss

Ive determined that it just seemed I lost skill points. To me, at one point sweating was my biggest skill, then I forgot about it. Much much later, I looked at it and it was not even close to the others. So what I thought was a skill loss must have been just a standstill.

Reminds me of what someone told me once, "Standing still is going backwards, because everthing moves on...."

Yes it is.
MA just nerfed all skills and now they selling back some of that nerfs through let the player use a amp you can see it if you looking at this latest VU-updates on Planet Arkadia.:mad:

Like the nerfed the atributtes and now they are selling it back through the missions.

Its a big FU to MA first they give something to the players and then they take it back and selling it for even more money. ( rather unimaginative ).

To me is it a kind of " Decay " because you have to pay more for the same thing.

Last edited:
Back