It's not that hard.

Spawn

Slayer
Society
The Ministry
Storm Spawn Bootcamp
In real life I am a teacher. And currently I'm coaching a trainee. I tell him it's not that hard. One thing you have to do to gain trust and respect from your pupils, is do what you say. And if you promise that the next one speaking through you gets an extra assignment or some detention, the only thing you need to do is keep the promise. If you can't hold your promise, just don't say it. Once you said it, you have to do it.
The other thing you have to do is be honest. If you don't know something, say so, and promise that you will know it by tomorrow.

In a way we are the pupils.

Our teacher should either keep the promise (and deliver the things promised) or be honest and say the promised things will not be here for a while due to this problem and this problem and this problem.
We, the pupils will understand and respect it if we understand the problems.

It's not that hard.

I would say its similar to being a parent, never promise something you cant deliver and Never make a threat that you are not prepared to carry out. The main thing is that communication is the key.

In real life I am a teacher. And currently I'm coaching a trainee. I tell him it's not that hard. One thing you have to do to gain trust and respect from your pupils, is do what you say. And if you promise that the next one speaking through you gets an extra assignment or some detention, the only thing you need to do is keep the promise. If you can't hold your promise, just don't say it. Once you said it, you have to do it.
The other thing you have to do is be honest. If you don't know something, say so, and promise that you will know it by tomorrow.

In a way we are the pupils.

Our teacher should either keep the promise (and deliver the things promised) or be honest and say the promised things will not be here for a while due to this problem and this problem and this problem.
We, the pupils will understand and respect it if we understand the problems.

It's not that hard.

I agree... Sounds good to me... Let's just hope the right ears hear it and understand it.... :wise:

That's what she said.

Ooooooooo I'm telling.... LMAO :monkey:

I agree... Sounds good to me... Let's just hope the right ears hear it and understand it.... :wise:

Ooooooooo I'm telling.... LMAO :monkey:

Do you really have this hope :) i think they are to :monkey:, to check out.:D

Yep

Do you really have this hope :) i think they are to :monkey:, to check out.:D

In this world all one can do is hope.... BITCHING seems to do no good... Sooooo

:monkey::laugh::monkey:

i tortured uhm tought pupils too for several years and sometimes in fact i found it really hard... for example you have your annually agenda, the principal takes a quick check over it in the beginning of the year and says, okay good, do that. And you introduce it to your pupils and start doing what youre supposed to. 1 month later there is that teachers meeting where one of the other teachers introduces a brandnew revolutionary system of education that contradicts to half of the agenda you are currently working on. The pricipal wants to get into the newspaper for beeing the most modern principal in the city and says, okay people change of plans, we do it the new way, please forward that to your pupils... pupils are in shock things changed, many of the preparations they have done were done for nothing. Moaning, screaming, shouting, bad mood is spread, harm is done.

6 months later...
the principal was in the newspapers but the brandnew revolutionary education system turned out to be complete BS. Marks changed to the worse and the princpal decides to change things back to the old system. Now explain that to your pupils.

With an highly "dynamic" system like EU its pretty much the same. As a mentor your wise to tell your disciples at first, that things are constantly changing and that important rules of today may be obsolete if not harmful tomorrow. On this i can give them my word...

I tell him it's not that hard.

I graduated from one of the hardest academic US ARMY schools.
The teachers there would of been negligent if they told students it's not that hard.:dunno:

I graduated from one of the hardest academic US ARMY schools.
The teachers there would of been negligent if they told students it's not that hard.:dunno:

And haveing spent 18 years In Navy Specops.... The only easy day was yesterday.... ;)

:monkey:

Great thread btw :laugh:, I was 50/50 a slacker at school. Wish I had got better grades and focused more often, but can't be glum now it has already past & my future awaits hard or not :).

Drink more, do drugs, fuck bitches, kill sluts.

!

Actually for MA to come out and say, "You know what, we are having a lot of difficult with Taming, we don't know when it will be ready." I think 50% of this forum would have a hissy fit.

Actually for MA to come out and say, "You know what, we are having a lot of difficult with Taming, we don't know when it will be ready." I think 50% of this forum would have a hissy fit.

Don't underestimate the amount of people that don't actually care about taming for tamings sake, me for one. Unfinished promises I do care about but there are more important things than taming to deal with and they wouldn't also include nightmare balance issues.

EDIT: sorry off topic

I really struggle with Taming.

Does everyone not remember that it was massively shit when it was first introduced anyway? What do people want back, the same badly implemented system? The only benefit I saw from it was 1 more unlockable skill.

I'd rather they concentrate on hangars and delicious bacons than useless shit like taming, makeup and the like.

Sorry, used taming as an example. Substitute whatever missing system or unfullfilled promise you like. :)

Thanks for listening teacher!

I look at it this way, Imagine the teacher promises that within they year they will give the classroom a new pet (the old one died) that the science lab will be reopened (it was closed for renovation) and that class trips will be returned to the curriculum.

Now in that year the teacher does not have the time or budget to replace the hamster that died, nor has school trips returned. But in the same time the Science Lab reopened with all kinds of new awesome equipment making it much more fun to learn. And on top of that all the students were given laptops to use that made school work easier to do. And all students were given calculators to make math easier. In addition they added 2 new wings to the school.

Yah it sucks that the teacher promised a new pet and trip and they were not able to do so. Its easy to focus on that fact but what about all the new content that makes school easier more fun?

In addition the school could have bought a new hamster and allowed kids to visit the local museum like they use to to keep the promise. But what if the delay makes it so that instead of a hamster the kids get a whole petting zoo with classes around learning about animal care etc? And the school trips no longer just involve the local museum but many locations creating a much more varied experience way better then before?

For me I would like the system to be returned, but I want them back bigger and better then before not just returned as they were. I look at it more as a set of goals and not promises. Their goal was to return all systems by the end of 2010 which they did not meet, but maybe by trying to meet that goal they accomplished more?

Honestly Enhancers, Vehicles, MindForce has all increase my enjoyment of the game so as long as they keep on working on improving the game and the old systems come back bigger and better then before then its ok for me that they take their time.

Pop, that post contained so many unlikly metaphors that it was almost crazy. However the point still carried through. I agree. Plus rep for being more illogicaly logical then me. :)

I look at it this way, Imagine the teacher promises that within they year they will give the classroom a new pet (the old one died) that the science lab will be reopened (it was closed for renovation) and that class trips will be returned to the curriculum.

Now in that year the teacher does not have the time or budget to replace the hamster that died, nor has school trips returned. But in the same time the Science Lab reopened with all kinds of new awesome equipment making it much more fun to learn. And on top of that all the students were given laptops to use that made school work easier to do. And all students were given calculators to make math easier. In addition they added 2 new wings to the school.

Yah it sucks that the teacher promised a new pet and trip and they were not able to do so. Its easy to focus on that fact but what about all the new content that makes school easier more fun?

In addition the school could have bought a new hamster and allowed kids to visit the local museum like they use to to keep the promise. But what if the delay makes it so that instead of a hamster the kids get a whole petting zoo with classes around learning about animal care etc? And the school trips no longer just involve the local museum but many locations creating a much more varied experience way better then before?

For me I would like the system to be returned, but I want them back bigger and better then before not just returned as they were. I look at it more as a set of goals and not promises. Their goal was to return all systems by the end of 2010 which they did not meet, but maybe by trying to meet that goal they accomplished more?

Honestly Enhancers, Vehicles, MindForce has all increase my enjoyment of the game so as long as they keep on working on improving the game and the old systems come back bigger and better then before then its ok for me that they take their time.
Interesting analogy but it only covers part of the story.

Suppose the kids had paid lots of money to buy other pets but a different teacher had confiscated them. Sure they have new stuff to play with but it doesn't stop you feeling like you've been conned.

I'm not fussed about the missing content but do feel for those who invested a lot in say taming or paying high MU for a pile of beacons. It is clear that MA/FPC/SEE (or whoever the hell it is) have the right to change systems without warning (I think it's in the ToC) so we all play and invest at our own risk.

If we were told that these old systems had been scrapped then that's bad news and very unfortunate for those who lost out but that isn't the message we got - we have been told repeatedly that they are coming back.

So isn't 18 months long enough?

Last edited:
Well if they brought back the taming system as it was I would be a tad annoyed, even more so if its taken this long to do so. If they update Taming to be as exciting and new as Mind Force was then its worth the time.

As for beacons they were good as they were so if they had returned them as they were I would be happy, but if they return them now after 18 months as there were yes I would be pissed. Now if they come back much better, with other becon types then it will be worth the time.

I don't think the systems were scraped at all but instead delayed due to financial and or time restrictions. I also think they want to revamp the systems which will make those who have the skills and tools make out well when the systems are returned. Remember anyone who had mindforce stuff and skills gained alot of value with the system change.

And I do have becons and a expensive whip in my storage and im patiently waiting for both systems to return.

Interesting analogy but it only covers part of the story.

Suppose the kids had paid lots of money to buy other pets but a different teacher had confiscated them. Sure they have new stuff to play with but it doesn't stop you feeling like you've been conned.

I'm not fussed about the missing content but do feel for those who invested a lot in say taming or paying high MU for a pile of beacons. It is clear that MA/FPC/SEE (or whoever the hell it is) have the right to change systems without warning (I think it's in the ToC) so we all play and invest at our own risk.

If we were told that these old systems had been scrapped then that's bad news and very unfortunate for those who lost out but that isn't the message we got - we have been told repeatedly that they are coming back.

So isn't 18 months long enough?

Back