It's raining items it's time to act now MA

MA doesnt have a problem with bots, they generate income. They could never stop botting, its impossible with the software we have.

MA does have a problem with bots, and they know it. Bots generate income, short term. But they also inevitably reduce the income long term. Whether or not the short term increases outweigh the long term decreases remains to be seen. I am under the impression that the bot-supporting features were implemented for a specific reason (F-key, removal of the explicit anti-automation from TOU). I think that that reason has since long played out its role and what we are seeing now in the community (as botting is getting more and more acceptable in the community) is an increase in understanding of the long term implications of this.

MA could likely detect and flag a majority of simple bots with relative ease. It is very easy to tell a simple "macro bot" from a real player, both visually and programmatically. Whether or not they want to, at this point in time, is a completely different story.

While a bit of a stretch, one could think of this "Item rain" as a potential beginning for the pushback on botting. From MAs point of view, outright disallowing automated gameplay and enforcing it would be financial suicide (short term). Not disallowing it would likely be financial suicide long term. The solution? Give a lot more people the ability to turn over a lot more PED and then disallow automated gameplay and start enforcing. The positives might outweigh the negatives, on a decently long time frame.

This is an issue...

its also a issue that a Starter rookie noob weapon can cost 850 dollars!!!

Prices always been high in this game, but its silly that TWEN opalo guns can cost like 8-10k...

Am i alone here or what???

i seen a lot of BS through the years, but its bad, really bad with this kind of progress the game is seeing....

lots of great replies here. whatever can be done to bring the price of the game down I'm all for.
Until I have an UL gun... there aren't too many! lol

MA does have a problem with bots, and they know it. Bots generate income, short term. But they also inevitably reduce the income long term. Whether or not the short term increases outweigh the long term decreases remains to be seen. I am under the impression that the bot-supporting features were implemented for a specific reason (F-key, removal of the explicit anti-automation from TOU). I think that that reason has since long played out its role and what we are seeing now in the community (as botting is getting more and more acceptable in the community) is an increase in understanding of the long term implications of this.

MA could likely detect and flag a majority of simple bots with relative ease. It is very easy to tell a simple "macro bot" from a real player, both visually and programmatically. Whether or not they want to, at this point in time, is a completely different story.

While a bit of a stretch, one could think of this "Item rain" as a potential beginning for the pushback on botting. From MAs point of view, outright disallowing automated gameplay and enforcing it would be financial suicide (short term). Not disallowing it would likely be financial suicide long term. The solution? Give a lot more people the ability to turn over a lot more PED and then disallow automated gameplay and start enforcing. The positives might outweigh the negatives, on a decently long time frame.
When it all comes to it, this is a business. The owners or stakeholders of Mindark wants the most profit they can get while increasing popularity so the income potential can grow.

Unfortunately for a big, big grind game like this, it will attract people who doesent "play" but people who like to gamble and since the gameplay is shallow, only botting mechanics are going to keep people invested on a high scale. Otherwise its basicly a work that holds you in front of the PC for very little pay.

They choose to go down this path with the game atleast a decade ago, Do i agree with it? Hell no, the game is less of a game than it has ever been today. But it does appeal to botters with its simple mechanics. keeps the business going.

So they got the "safe" grinding bot players keeping a steady income, then there's the new players or casual players that are just in the loss constantly and this is a dynamic playerbase that requires a lot more effort to keep logging in and spend money, by Events or new game mechanics / Graphics and etc.... i think the population of this part of the community goes up and down a lot.

I admit i jump off the wagon a long time ago and are most definitely in the casual group, I love the game it was in the past, i still like the game, mostly for its community and its still kind of the only game pulling this type of concept off well, i love to follow that.

But i hope they fix it so we get real gameplay sometime, and i am sure i'll be back to play a lot more then. I am crossing fingers :)

Anyone ever thought that thats for ue 5 ? Just maybe.. like maybe we get a bigger playerbase , and those players maybe want to have some stuff to shoot too ?

Just saying, rather then crying about it find a way to Deal with it...

Mindark know what they do.
Hmm if we realy talk about human i doubt about this

Well done OP! This thread turned out to be absolute gold. Some really great replies here, enjoying reading! I love the parts about MA looking to the future potentially increasing weapon supply to get prices under control so if we have an influx of new players, weapon prices will be more reasonable and not scare everyone away.

Fine with me, yes I pulled a BP110 but i alwayd had this as a personal goal for my game progression, rather than for any sort of financial gain. I just wanna play and have fun!
Now! to work towards something cool like the SB90 as a side arm perhaps? :p that's if there's any left by next year it's a lovely little knife.

i'd love to see MA add some cool taggers to the vendor, something nice to match the large nunber of short range weapons available. That would be a nice and useful token sink for a lot of us!

Everything

This is pretty much the point I was trying to make. Thank you for putting it into nice words!

Mindark is a business and as such has to make money. I think there was a point in time where they needed to make a change to increase short term revenue generation and the birth of nurturing automated gameplay was a fact. There used to be a time when automated gameplay was disallowed and the rule was enforced. There had to have been a reason that they chose the tradeoff that they did.

I would like to think that we are approaching a new era. One in which management sees enough growth potential to effectively make a change from "milk now" to "expand now, milk later". This idea is reinforced in me with the engine upgrade. Why put in all that time and money if you don’t believe in growth?

I am a firm believer that automated gameplay is detrimental for growth. It is very hard to convince someone to stick around when every other player they meet is automated. This current mayhem system(along with several other "systems") is balanced around automated gameplay. I think that is part of the reason why it feels bad.

I am cautiously hopeful for the future, but apparently I have enough faith in MA doing the right thing (whatever that may be) to keep shooting. Time will tell.

Don´t confuse your results with some sort of average or expectation. Realize how harsh this environment can be for those who cannot or are unwilling to take the same path as you have.

Those were not my results, just the mathematically expected result based on the 0.07 looter / effi i have atm.

I cant just sum my redulite results, as i never marked where was that ready and most of the time i kept farming more, plus HW 21 not had redulite just gold.
Also not always 87% effi, not always without enhancers, effi between 80 and 92% looters average at 2021 halloween around 30, the current is the around 60.
(Result till i claimed the vendor gun, cycle with it not included)

Total mayhem results:

1.346.353 ped cycle with 1.281.899 return, that is 95.21%
12.707 mu spent and 26.852 mu gained

Some minimal mu sold that gained outside of mayhem is sure in this, but i cant track that back, and anyway, i had mayhem mu gained sold later too like armors, guns, esi, so lets call it even.
End result -50k

box sales were not during mayhem, not any of it in the sum, i recently sold 10k boxes, still have 4k more, plus sold some last year too, but dont remember exactly, i will guess a whole total of 20k

With 20k boxes at 1ped each it would be around -30k for the 80k tokens and 2 rares looted with them.
Without the placement converted rares i would still need to farm for somehing like BP110, at this rate would cost something around -45k.
That is still profitable here at pre-covid prices too.

Sure not as good as my example was, but unfortunately im not had always 87 effi and average 60 looters.
I will in the future, so i guess can expect better results, even if not that good as in the example, as im not sure if i will stop at redulite and wont use enhancer in the future.

Last edited:
Players started crying in another topic shit.
MA : Give them a thermos !

Problem solved
I feel for "My" there is so much one can do with 50euros budget!

I would say no price hasn’t moved. We need more guns still, so my poor as can afford one. Let it rain!
Hopefully their thinking ways more ul guns entering market how can we use up these extra resources these guns producing shall we adjust the shrapnel to material ratio or implement repairing guns requires materials.

I want prices at least mid range guns to come down to a level of a typical big Uber from a medium mob. People are more then likely to buy into ul then withdraw if they don't have one.

I wonder what is most "safe" from Mindark's point of view

one player owning a 250k weapon
or
ten players owning ten 25k weapons (or 100 players owning 25k weapons ;) )

just a thought hehe

One player owning 250k ofc.

That weapon is worth 25k$ just because is needed to grind out another weapon that costs 25k$.

If you want to gamble a bit and have fun - you can do that for few bucks and a L weapon, or CND mining... or something.

I.

and dont forget that alot of traders has 4-6 of these items and holding and not selling for less than they bought for.

prices are still crazy high, i say the game has a bigger demand for more items, waaaay more.
There always will be demand.. and there is so many wepons now in reasonbale price range. But for some one who wants wepons for free they will be always to pricy :)))

It seems you are begging for a cheap item for a year now.
I dont beg.. but i know how you look down on ppl and dont care about others. Its okay Messi. I want the game to be more affordable for the more common of ppl and not needed to pay 500,000ped to have some hunting gear. 50,000ped would be enough for having gear and enjoy the game. The more player we get the better. And to attract more player and not make ppl run away from the game is to have goals that is reasonable and you dont have to sell your house to be able to play the game.
But i understand you want items to be as expensive as possible so you gain as much as possible, but the game is bigger than you.

I want the game to be more affordable for the more common of ppl and not needed to pay 500,000ped to have some hunting gear. 50,000ped would be enough for having gear and enjoy the game. The more player we get the better. And to attract more player and not make ppl run away from the game is to have goals that is reasonable and you dont have to sell your house to be able to play the game.

Comments like these are detrimental for the game. You do not need 500k ped in gear to be successful. You don't need 50k ped in gear to be successful. I know one player who is decently succesful in hunting using only knowledge and the lowest effective MU (L) weapons in AH.

What you need is a desire to learn and adapt. You need a desire to succeed.

50k ped in gear will not make you successful. 500k ped in gear WILL NOT make you successful. What 500k in gear will do, is give you more opportunities.

Last edited:
Comments like these are detrimental for the game. You do not need 500k ped in gear to be successful. You don't need 50k ped in gear to be successful. I know one player who is decently succesful in hunting using only knowledge and the lowest effective MU weapons in AH.

What you need is a desire to learn and adapt. You need a desire to succeed.

50k ped in gear will not make you successful. 500k ped in gear WILL NOT make you successful. What 500k in gear will do, is give you more opportunities.

Yes and no. If you hunt all shity mobs you will lose with best gear in game and for past 18 years some players still don't understand that. Now with this TWEN is a bit tricky MA saying, u want TWEN items hunt one of the worst creatures in game > drone lol

all shity mobs
That really need to be defined
Is it a icarus mob ? I found a unreal token there and I think it was first time I hunted there in the last year+.
Is it a bank robber ?(2.4hp) I know someone who found a unreal token on 1.
Is it a ambu ?(Really has no fun mu)
Is it a proteron because all there is left on those is a multi ?
Is it an animal because their main MU are bad ?
Is it a robot because they lack rares compared to animals ?

That really need to be defined.

Does it really though? It is subjective enough to not make sense defining. A shitty mob for me might be an excellent opportunity for you. If, for instance, you know something I don't. Likewise, an excellent mob for you might be a terrible mob for me since i may not be suited to hunt that mob.

For me, a shitty mob is one that does not make sense for me to hunt based on any of my goals.

Back