It's raining items it's time to act now MA

To add one more point, MA survives also on players having trust that they will not suddenly and quickly devalue their items (read: players being willing to invest money in gear). The current situation does appear to buck that trend, so again, MA probably or at least should have a plan B in the back pocket.
MA want more shooters not just people swapping items for hefty profit :D

To add one more point, MA survives also on players having trust that they will not suddenly and quickly devalue their items (read: players being willing to invest money in gear). The current situation does appear to buck that trend, so again, MA probably or at least should have a plan B in the back pocket.
I wonder what is most "safe" from Mindark's point of view

one player owning a 250k weapon
or
ten players owning ten 25k weapons (or 100 players owning 25k weapons ;) )

just a thought hehe

I wonder what is most "safe" from Mindark's point of view

one player owning a 250k weapon
or
ten players owning ten 25k weapons (or 100 players owning 25k weapons ;) )

just a thought hehe
You left out an entire aspect of the equation, which is what the impact of those weapons are on the economy, in terms of loot having MU.

10 players owning the same weapon will dilute MU opportunity by 10x. You can see that it isn't just simply about MA 'wanting more players to cycle more to make more money'.

You left out an entire aspect of the equation, which is what the impact of those weapons are on the economy, in terms of loot having MU.

10 players owning the same weapon will dilute MU opportunity by 10x. You can see that it isn't just simply about MA 'wanting more players to cycle more to make more money'.
Mindark don't gave a damn about the economy so long as the peds are causing decay. 10 people opening their wallets is better than 1 that may spend heavily and stop all of a sudden when they decide to take an extended vacation...

Talking about impact check the price of tier 2 components

Mindark don't gave a damn about the economy so long as the peds are causing decay. 10 people opening their wallets is better than 1 that may spend heavily and stop all of a sudden when they decide to take an extended vacation...
People being irrational beings behaving irrationally aside, what's my incentive to cycle if there is no longer any MU left?

Talking about impact check the price of tier 2 components
MU on a single component doesn't reflect an entire market. Nor does the MU on a component reflect the cost that went into harvesting that component.

Since most tier comps are wave based, with limited amounts being dropped per wave, my point still stands. You add 10 additional players with best dps and have those 10 players hunting for the same MU as 1 player had before, you end up dividing available MU by 10x. Yes, maybe the MU goes up a little bit, but I doubt it'll go up by 10x.

MU on a single component doesn't reflect an entire market. Nor does the MU on a component reflect the cost that went into harvesting that component.

Since most tier comps are wave based, with limited amounts being dropped per wave, my point still stands. You add 10 additional players with best dps and have those 10 players hunting for the same MU as 1 player had before, you end up dividing available MU by 10x. Yes, maybe the MU goes up a little bit, but I doubt it'll go up by 10x.

Thats a good example you gave , because those 10 best dps players shurely wont hunt for tier 2 components they will buy tier 2 components tier 3 tier 4 tier 5 and they will think about looting tier 6 tier 7, tier 8 9 they most likely will loot by theyr own because they are top dps players

But nvm we will see what hapens :)

WHY DOES THE MAYHEM VENDOR NOT HAVE NON WEAPON ITEMS????

WHERE'S ALL THE FUCKING SHOPS THAT AREN'T RELEASED YET, OR APARTMENTS, OR PETS, OR ROCKET LAUNCHER(IK WEAPON)

What about Unlimited Quads? What about Unlimited Space Thrusters or Mother Ships.

OR FUCKING ANYTHING THAT ISN'T A WEAPON?!?!?!?!!?

caus you dont need quad in mayhem:p. whatever they add in vendor possible will overflow the market the way everything is farmed... but we didnt like old system... k maybe skill cap was bad caus if you wanted mayhem you ldnt grind rest year or skill out, but at least there was balance at rare tokens distribution...

Demand for weapons will naturally rise to meet supply when they inevitably put new item TYPES on the vendor and people stop pulling weapons and others want weapons to pull the new item types. (This is of course speculative but seems inevitable given that there will be well over 100 people with >100k tokens come January).

Though, to be fair, I don't see how they're going to pull off a continuous token sink. The situation will repeat itself quickly unless UE5 brings a continuous influx of players that want gear.

Maybe instead of mini-mayhem they need to bring back some competitive mayhems with dps categories. Learn from the past and don't make it based on profession level. Make gear become untradeable for the duration of the event once you enter the instance. Winners would have to get a new type of rare token (that is used in conjunction with standard tokens) to buy the new item types so we can have a natural scarcity on some things while allowing large amounts of tokens to be spent.

Not sure what else to suggest without introducing avatar-bound properties to crafting/mining related things that so many people seem to dislike... Don't think anyone really wants to see the consequences of mining and crafting getting the hunting treatment with a massive influx of tradable UL items on the scope of what is being produced through mayhem.

The current situation is not sustainable for much longer - but most of the fault lies with the playerbase itself. MA can't account for irrational behavior all the time.

I'm sure they have a revolving conversation where part of it is like,

"I dunno man, there's a bunch of these people that have like 5 weapons for sale and they keep farming more weapons and putting those for sale too... and these other people aren't posting their weapons so the market doesn't look more saturated.. some of them are even passing them to friends and saying they sold."
"Should we wait until the first group sells their weapons before allowing other players to buy weapons too?"
"hahaha we make more money if we let other people get weapons too"
"haha then the people sitting on weapons have to deposit to cover losses they could have made up elsewhere"
"yeah no idea why they haven't sold them at prices people are willing to pay yet"

*high fives all around*

the above conversation was totally fictional featuring very fictional nondescript characters...

AND?
it is a game you are not supposed to maike money off it, you are supposed to have fun...
so...
if Mu reduces, the greedyu people will leave, less supply, more mu for other... all ok

I wrote the OP shortly after waking up and didn't have time to explain everything properly.
  1. The current implementation of the mayhem format & tokens and prices is too cheap for the top-end items and it should not be allowed to become common. This design is unsustainable in the long term.
  2. I propose a solution to give Mindark time to find a proper solution before more damage is done to the economy. Every item you purchase from the vendor should cost significantly more when you try to purchase the same item again, it could reset after a year to "original price" for you. There should also be a cooldown to prevent players from taking multiple items within 24 hours.
Instead of a Mayhem vendor they should create a Mayhem Mission NPC where players can drag their tokens/rare tokens into a window and select their own mayhem gun. This would allow with current system a way for them to track how many times they've taken an item out. The system can raise prices to specific player each time for repeat purchases and add quantity limits on specific items obtainable only during events, for example they can make so each of the top end quality items can only be purchased once per year by the same player. There's still other items people can take, it shouldn't always have to be top end weapons for resell. Btw MA, there's also not a need to only have weapons and faps in the NPC... There's so much potential stuff you can add, that players would use their tokens on gladly!

Looking back how tiering system worked when you required a second gun in order to tier it every tier. An upgrade path could be added to every weapon on the vendor/npc, requiring a second weapon to upgrade it to the next version. This would serve as a balancing act, as top players would have a goal to upgrade their weapons to the best versions and reduce oversupply of certain weapons.

I hope you guys will stop panicking thinking about the short term for a moment and actually realize what the problem is. I'm worried what the implications of the current mayhem format and what longterm effects it will have for the game.

I don't believe for one second this game will ever become mainstream even if some people hope for that when UE5 comes, the reality is that this game is simply too niche, so oversupplying the market with so many good items without proper balance has serious consequences, potentially destroy the economy, and completely destroy player trust in new investments. No trust = no deposits, no deposits = bankruptcy for MA.

Last edited:
Make everything avatar bond! Make entropia great again! Umm, Mining? Hello, MA you have forgotten this?

I wrote the OP shortly after waking up and didn't have time to explain everything properly.
  1. The current implementation of the mayhem format & tokens and prices is too cheap for the top-end items and it should not be allowed to become common. This design is unsustainable in the long term.
  2. I propose a solution to give Mindark time to find a proper solution before more damage is done to the economy. Every item you purchase from the vendor should cost significantly more when you try to purchase the same item again, it could reset after a year to "original price" for you. There should also be a cooldown to prevent players from taking multiple items within 24 hours.
Instead of a Mayhem vendor they should create a Mayhem Mission NPC where players can drag their tokens/rare tokens into a window and select their own mayhem gun. This would allow with current system a way for them to track how many times they've taken an item out. The system can raise prices to specific player each time for repeat purchases and add quantity limits on specific items obtainable only during events, for example they can make so each of the top end quality items can only be purchased once per year by the same player. There's still other items people can take, it shouldn't always have to be top end weapons for resell. Btw MA, there's also not a need to only have weapons and faps in the NPC... There's so much potential stuff you can add, that players would use their tokens on gladly!

Looking back how tiering system worked when you required a second gun in order to tier it every tier. An upgrade path could be added to every weapon on the vendor/npc, requiring a second weapon to upgrade it to the next version. This would serve as a balancing act, as top players would have a goal to upgrade their weapons to the best versions and reduce oversupply of certain weapons.

I hope you guys will stop panicking thinking about the short term for a moment and actually realize what the problem is. I'm worried what the implications of the current mayhem format and what longterm effects it will have for the game.

I don't believe for one second this game will ever become mainstream even if some people hope for that when UE5 comes, the reality is that this game is simply too niche, so oversupplying the market with so many good items without proper balance has serious consequences, potentially destroy the economy, and completely destroy player trust in new investments. No trust = no deposits, no deposits = bankruptcy for MA.
Just a thing for you to consider. Some players didnt stand a chance before the new mayhem system for a top weapon only by paying tremendous amounts of ped to the same players. To this day there are players that havent looted a single rare token and so their time, money spent ingame were never rewarded. The only reason i understand here, and the main one you are whining is that your weapon for which im sure you payed a lot is devaluating in your opinion. You think 44 weapons pulled/looted suply de demand there is? MA is playing fair to give a chance to all to loot/pull a top weapon, that what comepetitive meaning is. I must disagree with just one thing now, restocking the vendor random, with random weapons is just crazy. Some of them were there for days camping the vendor as you can read in threads on forum. And besides that, all those top weapons pulled include LP 120 for example that some value it at 150k and some are desperate to sell for 90k. Not everyone want a modnano because of their playstyle or money invested, buut for sure would like a bc80. Like someone said earlier, near the lunchbox :), everytime MA does a move whiners appear, it is never good, enough for some.

It is not easy to get a weapon from vendor as you try to portrait it as, for us who have real life and game is not a priority. So what do you think, how will a person who

Guns are not the problem, they need to go back to normal prices pre-covid anyway.

Problem you are describing are bots.

Just a thing for you to consider. To this day there are players that havent looted a single rare token and so their time, money spent ingame were never rewarded. The only reason i understand here, and the main one you are whining is that your weapon for which im sure you payed a lot is devaluating in your opinion. You think 44 weapons pulled/looted suply de demand there is? MA is playing fair to give a chance to all to loot/pull a top weapon, that what comepetitive meaning is. I must disagree with just one thing now, restocking the vendor random, with random weapons is just crazy. Some of them were there for days camping the vendor as you can read in threads on forum. And besides that, all those top weapons pulled include LP 120 for example that some value it at 150k and some are desperate to sell for 90k. Not everyone want a modnano because of their playstyle or money invested, buut for sure would like a bc80. Like someone said earlier, near the lunchbox :), everytime MA does a move whiners appear, it is never good, enough for some.
I'm one of those players who has 120k+ m tokens and never looted a rare token. Yes I paid a lot for my gun at inflated MU in pure peds, but that was the only way I was going to be able to get a good gun since I'm unlucky with rare tokens, and only way for me to grind without bankruptcy using low eff weapon and able to grind enough tokens.
No I don't care if my gun devalues since it's good enough DPS for my bankroll longterm, if you think I made my selling thread in desperation think again, I only made it to check current prices/offers out of curiousity, I don't even bother to bump it regularly and don't even advertise its sale in-game..
No I don't think 44 weapons pulled/looted is already creating an oversupply but it will SOON, and more will continue to drop throughout every mayhem and twen throughout this year, we're only in april!
So tbh you or anyone else for that matter could believe me or not I couldn't care less, I only hope MA will take note and tread carefully moving forward.

i liked the old system caus you had to go all in... you had the hype for a nice placement... and players from all skill lvl had the chance since there was cats for all lvls... during old system there was weapons at vendor for some time... since new system we have 2 restocks and everything is picked instant... now is just zombie mode and bot... as for weap price there is always whinning no matter what it is... dont worry market regulate itself...

i liked the old system caus you had to go all in... you had the hype for a nice placement... and players from all skill lvl had the chance since there was cats for all lvls... during old system there was weapons at vendor for some time... since new system we have 2 restocks and everything is picked instant... now is just zombie mode and bot... as for weap price there is always whinning no matter what it is... dont worry market regulate itself...
MA doesnt have a problem with bots, they generate income. They could never stop botting, its impossible with the software we have. The old system was wrong because there was just the luck of 5k pointers that could propulsate you in a PM. This system is fair in every aspects, how long you spend in hunt, gives you tokens.

Imagine Mod Nano category :D fighting over 3 rare tokens :)))

I will repeat myself.. all we need is MORE items to spend tokens for... Anything list is very loong whit items they could add...

How about STRONGBOX keys for M tokens :)

MA doesnt have a problem with bots, they generate income. They could never stop botting, its impossible with the software we have. The old system was wrong because there was just the luck of 5k pointers that could propulsate you in a PM. This system is fair in every aspects, how long you spend in hunt, gives you tokens.
Botting is easy to stop, MA just don't want to.

how is fair when only same names pick the items... you think you dont compete but what chance do you have against 350 dps...random 5k was also fair... those who usually tried more got better results... rare tokens were distributed evenly in each categories now they just pile up on top...

How about STRONGBOX keys for M tokens :)
That would effectively amount to token buyback but well, could work.

Not that there's anything the 'playerbase' couldn't break, of course. :D

So in short, your the guy that start a post saying it should be more avalaible to ppl who need it, but say to increase the price, control the market and make sure those who get everything are the only one who can afford it ?
This make no sense, it seem you have value on a gun that your afraid to lose with an influx of better things. You joined in 2007 and you should know by now that this always been the case.

This solution remind me of a fellow who moved to Canada long ago, was greedy and fought evolution. That man had a convenience store in a small village. Good business seeing the groceries that were open past 8pm on weekday and 6pm on weekend(crazy I know) was 1 village away. A plan from the mayor showed up to have a deal with groceries to build some groceries. The convenience store man did similar to you! Saying that an influx of goods would wreck his market and his premium profit would vanish. Fighting the evolution of society which provide cheaper goods than him. In the end... Today this man has no shop because people stopped shopping at his place for holding a village hostage for years from better priced good of groceries that would close later. In the end, I feel your post is about emotions just like them sophie owners are cringing seeing the bronze bunny sell for 200p. Truth is... Everyone smart enough to see the slow evolution know that MA want autoloot pet to be mainstream and that they eventualy want to add decay to rings per shot. Things will change and thats only for a good thing. It's called evolution. The first computer costed your left nuts and 2 legs and if you wanted one. Now a cellphone is more powerful than first NASA space computer at a tiny fraction of the price the NASA paid. You dont see NASA being annoyed that better tech is showing up destroying the value of the old.

how is fair when only same names pick the items... you think you dont compete but what chance do you have against 350 dps...random 5k was also fair... those who usually tried more got better results... rare tokens were distributed evenly in each categories now they just pile up on top...
350 Dps...
i would underline that peopel that shot 350 DPS have (at least top names) public stories (or semi-public).
many purchased their first weapon because understood the potentials (read EVE and tBANNA psot on dps and value of an item compared to what it can do)
the idea to "COMPETE" to pull an item is an error by itself....

game is like martial arts... you compete against yourself.. and your VISA not against others

I agree, but let me show you an example:

Me, 60 average looter, currently 87 efficiency, no enhancer, only UL amp, slowly gathering tokens now without mu used.
60 looter, 87 efficiency is mathematically 96.29% lets say we will count with 96% for easier calculations.

Completing a redulite in EM 100k points with 1.3 ped cycle per point is 130k cycle.
130k cycle with 96% return is 5200p tt loss.

Redulite is 1500p uni ammo rewards total.
Completing redulite will loot you around 2000 boxes, i usually calculate them 1p each, but you can calculate them 0.8 for now, 1600 ped.
In the 130k cycle, normally you should have about 100k ammo useage, shrapnel conversion for that is about +1k uni ammo.

So we are after boxes, redulite reward ammo, shrapnel conversion, we are about at 4100p MU, without a single L armor, L gun, esi considered.
A redulite completion will be around 10k tokens total with mob drops and daily.

So 10k tokens cost like 1200 ped if you stop at redulite. 60k Lp40 cost 7200 ped to get, bc80 cost 13.200 ped, now imagine the same with 100 looters, you are in + after shrapnel, redulite ammo and boxes.

There will be still worth to claim and sell them even at pre-covid prices.
Doing mayhem after redulite and using mu ofc decreases profit, its up to anybody to calculate for himself if he want to rush the claim with extra cost or not.

In general I agree somewhat with your sentiment, but this entire post is based on faulty assumptions.
I have gathered some stats from my past mayhems, and I am nowhere close to your numbers.

TitleCostReturnReturn %ResultBoxesTokensLoss Per Token
MM 2021315186,05284055,2190,12%-31130,842988181381.716 PED
EM 2022154023,5229143207,1492,977%-10816,3829???
HM 2022139963,4135728,9296,97%−4234,48135984620.5 PED
MM 2022341880,73311644,65891,16%-30236,0723617190851.584 PED
EM 2023 (So far)107085,85101445,400594,73%-5612,649599755481.012 PED
Sum/avg of tracked token mayhems904116,03832874,188592,12%-71241,84158961512231.391 PED

These are the stats for Redulite Track only, in order to not mix things up.
To summarize
569736 Points Gathered
904116,03 PED Cycled
1,58 PED per point on average
71241,8415 PED Lost

8961 Boxes Looted = 8961 PED at 1 PED each.
51223 Tokens looted.

8748,8 PED Universal Ammo Track reward.
If we assume 95% shrapnel loot ( EM so far I am at 99.79% shrapnel) = 7912.303 PED MU from shrapnel conversion.
-71241,8415 + 8961 (Boxes at 1 PED each) + 8748,8 (Universal ammo track rewards) + 7912,303 (Shrapnel Conversion) = -45619,7385 PED

45619,7385 PED for 51223 Tokens = 0,8906 PED per token. This puts me at 8906 PED per 10k tokens.

I would have to pay 53436 PED for the 60k token LP40
I would have to pay 97966 PED for BC80 Aug.

Oh I also have not looted any rare tokens, so those are crazy expensive for me.

MM 2021 was done with ~61 efficiency and ~60 looter.
HM 2022 71 efficiency ~58 looter
MM 2022 70 efficiency ~68 looter
EM 2023 69,7 efficiency 52+ looter.

Don´t confuse your results with some sort of average or expectation. Realize how harsh this environment can be for those who cannot or are unwilling to take the same path as you have.

As for the topic at hand;

I can only assume that this rain of items is in anticipation of some change that is about to happen, because otherwise it would make no sense at all.
As mentioned before the high item prices is pretty much what is keeping people shooting, perhaps not just directly. Give "everyone" access to top level tools and there will be no use for said items, since there will be no markup left anywhere.

Last edited:
In general I agree somewhat with your sentiment, but this entire post is based on faulty assumptions.
I have gathered some stats from my past mayhems, and I am nowhere close to your numbers.

TitleCostReturnReturn %ResultBoxesTokensLoss Per Token
MM 2021315186,05284055,2190,12%-31130,842988181381.716 PED
EM 2022154023,5229143207,1492,977%-10816,3829???
HM 2022139963,4135728,9296,97%−4234,48135984620.5 PED
MM 2022341880,73311644,65891,16%-30236,0723617190851.584 PED
EM 2022 (So far)107085,85101445,400594,73%-5612,649599755481.012 PED
Sum/avg of tracked token mayhems904116,03832874,188592,12%-71241,84158961512231.391 PED

These are the stats for Redulite Track only, in order to not mix things up.
To summarize
569736 Points Gathered
904116,03 PED Cycled
1,58 PED per point on average
71241,8415 PED Lost

8961 Boxes Looted = 8961 PED at 1 PED each.
51223 Tokens looted.

8748,8 PED Universal Ammo Track reward.
If we assume 95% shrapnel loot ( EM so far I am at 99.79% shrapnel) = 7912.303 PED MU from shrapnel conversion.
-71241,8415 + 8961 (Boxes at 1 PED each) + 8748,8 (Universal ammo track rewards) + 7912,303 (Shrapnel Conversion) = -45619,7385 PED

45619,7385 PED for 51223 Tokens = 0,8906 PED per token. This puts me at 8906 PED per 10k tokens.

I would have to pay 53436 PED for the 60k token LP40
I would have to pay 97966 PED for BC80 Aug.

Oh I also have not looted any rare tokens, so those are crazy expensive for me.

MM 2021 was done with ~61 efficiency and ~60 looter.
HM 2022 71 efficiency ~58 looter
MM 2022 70 efficiency ~68 looter
EM 2022 69,7 efficiency 52+ looter.

Don´t confuse your results with some sort of average or expectation. Realize how harsh this environment can be for those who cannot or are unwilling to take the same path as you have.

As for the topic at hand;

I can only assume that this rain of items is in anticipation of some change that is about to happen, because otherwise it would make no sense at all.
As mentioned before the high item prices is pretty much what is keeping people shooting, perhaps not just directly. Give "everyone" access to top level tools and there will be no use for said items, since there will be no markup left anywhere.
I find it strange, that people put prices on items based on what they paid for it... i mean i get it. Who would sell items at loss right? Well, let me remind you, if you are not with top gear, these players have much, much bigger losses.

Sure, does not make any sense to sell items below what you paid for it. But in that case, all oils would have to be 110%+ etc.

My point is, while ppl want everything to be about profit, it should not be guaranteed that mayhem is about profit and its not. If ppl will be scared, they will sell on loss and market will eventually find right price.

But "why to even bother if my losses are..." why would anyone bother to do anything if the game is set to return 95%, which in case of avg players is actually more likely 93% and MU spending everywhere they look. So they sort of on avg actually need to make up 15%+ imagine them having the mindset why even bother there would be no one to play.

I actually find the concept of mayhem absolutely boring. You log in, you know you will loot sharp and tokens, you pew pew 24/7 until it ends - lovely. I however, do like TWEN and exploring and looking what mobs drop etc

Ppl who bought FEN have done quite well for themselves, some items did appreciate in value, not to even consider how much money and more fun (yes, these ppl did not have to constantly look in the market for lowest MU (L) item also, that's beneficial too), if these will with time decrease in value, i guess that's reasonable. For something new to come, something old has to go. Over the last 5 years, buying one of those was great experience, id say.

I and few others would also pew pew a bit more, if we would not have to constantly pay high high MU on L items, coz srsly 50k+ ped for weapon is mad.

Last edited:
Back