Judges Pool.

Hurrikane

Slayer
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Oscar Hurrikane SkyQuake
Hi to all who judged last year and those who want to this year; I'd appreciate it if you could add your names here for future reference. All the hunts will be on Saturdays or Sundays, always with a weekend off inbetween, so state your willingness and availability with that in mind. No judging of teams you are a member of, and all queries to me:)

WoF 2008 Judges (so far)

Hurrikane.............Jamira

Major Putty.............Chopper

Spike (Safara)..........Sian (Soberian)

Sass.......................J Boy

CycoKick..................Fluke

Itch........................Ossi

Lee..........................

Sorry btw for the lack of a Judges prize/beacon last year, perhaps a Judge Leader should be elected to sort out the proper reward for your efforts this time. I vote for Putty:)

Hurrikane

Last edited:
Do we get free Beer, Pringles and dancing women again??

If so, count me in :)

I am up for da job of judging again :)

:sniper: Enemy in the South made a run for it, coast is clear now, how is the North looking Spike ?

North is clear apart from a shifty looking Snarksnot........ Keeping my eye on it and will update sit. rep. soon....

I'm in again.

And boss judge Putty is a good choice :)

Just a question...What are the requirements to become a Judge for WoF 2008 or any future WoFs for that matter? :D

Just a question...What are the requirements to become a Judge for WoF 2008 or any future WoFs for that matter? :D

Know the Rules, Know the Scores, keep up, be impartial, be accurate, be there:)

Anyone can judge, bad judges don't judge again... but to be a member of a known Soc or to have someone vouch for you might push you higher up the list:)

Hurrikane

I think, I will try it this year. ^^ Talk to ya ingame mate! ;)
I hope, my soc is well known enough for ya.. :D

I think, I will try it this year. ^^ Talk to ya ingame mate! ;)
I hope, my soc is well known enough for ya.. :D

Aye, you'll do.... one of the other judges still has your Foxtrot I believe:)

Hurrikane

Will be an impressive event at the starting point when all judges get golden swirlies one after another :)

Hope to be in.

Hey Hurricane, I would love to help out with the judging, hope Fluffy will vouch for me ;p

How many judges do you need?

I will judge but you can let others take my place if they want it.

How many judges do you need?

I will judge but you can let others take my place if they want it.

We need all the judges we can get, especially in the earlier rounds where there's more teams, and a higher chance of matches taking place at the same times as each other.... it will be a case of waiting for the confirmed Hunt times (there will be a "fixtures" thread in a couple of weeks or so) and turning up at the Start Points half an hour or so before the hunts are due to start. Then judges can be allocated to the teams as required and the Hunts can be started.

Thanks again for all the offers, your help is much appreciated:)

Hurrikane

Reporting for duty :yay:

Ill be available 99% of the time ;) unless Netherlands are hunting ;)

I'm in too :) providing we're not hunting

Come on people sign up!

Hi to all of you, sorry for neglecting this Thread but connection niggles have distracted me of late....

I'll update the first post with this new list:

WoF 2008 Judges (so far)

Hurrikane.............Jamira

Major Putty.............Chopper

Spike (Safara)..........Sian (Soberian)

Sass.......................J Boy

CycoKick..................Fluke

Itch........................Lord Crusher

Thanks to all of you for signing up to Judge, some Chaotic weekends await you:)

When the Moblist for Stage 1 goes up on Friday I will also post here with advice on how best to take the scores.

Please look at the proposed Hunt Times for Feb 2nd/ Feb 3rd and feel free to post your availability here or PM me.

It looks probable that Saturday afternoon/evening will be the busiest time.

The Way it'll Work (roughly)

The teams and the judges arrive at the Start Point about 10-20 minutes before the Hunt starts. The Captains check in their teams, Judges are teamed when available (or assigned to teams as last year if not enough Judges are present for teaming). Apart from the odd slot or two throughout, I should be there, but we found last year that one person can just about judge 8 teams at once... but only just:) Find a trusted friend and rope them in, we're gonna need a lot, at the start at least....

Thanks again.

Hurrikane

Last edited:
I see my name on the list, but just to make it official, I can make myself available for Judging duties, pretty much whenever, given a little notice...

As ever I will be asssited by the lovely Samantha, who likes to sit on my right hand, as she operates the laser score board..

Hurrikane is right.. Judging 8 teams simultaneously is Possible, but I wouldn't recommend it. One Judge per team is the ideal, so as many judges as possible would also be kinda cool...

Hey! I've spotted a red dot off to the East.. I'll go check it out... oh no wait, it's a blob of sweet chilli sauce on my screen.. sorry..

Oh, incidentally, a Judges Duties CAN include bringing a bunch of wood, fruit, oils and other assorted crap to spell out the word

W.o.F. on the ground at the start...

It's not a requirement, just a nice thing for people to find when they arrive, and constructing it can be tons of fun.

Don't make it out of anything you wouldn't want to lose tho, that's all, often we leave it all in place after the match for a chance noob to happily stumble across..

See the WoF Launch Party Thread for a great example...

Hey! I've spotted a red dot off to the East.. I'll go check it out....

Spike, cover me.... ratatatatatataa...... shwooosh....... ratatatataata.....
shwooooosh.........

....oh no wait, it's a blob of sweet chilli sauce on my screen.. sorry..

Grrr..... false alarm..... east is clear.....

Oh, we had some good times judging

Wait a sec, it's not a blob of chilli on my screen atall..

It's Hurrikane, running this way, and thoughtfully trailing about 500 Plumatergus in his wake to entertain the Judges.. Woo Hoo!!

Now then, where's me weapon..?

Another global to USA just then Putty, did you spot it?

Course you did...

Got ratatatatatttaataaatatat.... it ratatatataaatataaa...
shwooooooosh...ratatata... peeaw.. peeeaw... shwooooosh... peeawww.. ratatatatat...

oh my word.... Missmonkey just got..... Chooper, watch out, they are coming in from the south as well..... an 400k ATH on a Morsusilex !!! is she one of the support teams ??? ratatatataa...

Spike, lookout, ratatatat.... incoming Italy, 493ped on a atrax dom ... shwooosh... .from the west.... shwooooosh ....

sips Beer...

rattattattatttattattaaa, DIE SILLY BIRD!!!!!! rattatatttataaaa Team Serbia gets a 2763 Trax.... Are they even in this round????

Rattatattatttaa, why are the trees waving here? rattattsrrrattataa Choper was killed by the snablesnot mature rattattsrattaa LOL Hurrikane has found a spider....

Spike was killed revive revive revive damn you PM "Did you get that!!!!!!" Major P hides on the rooftop rattattattatttatatatta

Message from Mindark, server going down in 5 minutes......

Fuck

Judging is soooooo much fun :)

Watch the south!!!!!!!

.......HELP

We need more judges:)

Anyone who can turn up, do so. Bring paper and pen. Think of a shorthand name for each scoring mob/maturity. Have someone on hand for toilet breaks, rub cucumber in your eyes and line up the beers.... these two weekends will be the worst:)

Below is what awaits you:)

Hunts this Weekend:

Saturday Feb 2nd:

13:00; Estonia, Ireland, Sweden

16:30; England, Finland, Netherlands, Tibet, Eudoria, Greece

20:00; Amethera, Germany, Belgium, Denmark, France, Poland, Romania

23:30; Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, Wales, Scotland, Serbia

Sunday Feb 3rd:

09:00; Cuba, South Africa

12:30; Turkey, Portugal, Italy

I've taken these times from those submitted to me by PM or by the obvious indications in your threads... if any need changing do it by PM to me and do it FAST.

Nations needing times confirmed:

America, Czech Republic, Switzerland, Norway.

Due to over-subscription by those submitting in time, the availability of slots has now decreased. Late-to-decide Teams please PM me your preferred slot from those below;

13:00; Sat Feb 2nd

09:00; Sun Feb 3rd

12:30; Sun Feb 3rd

Team Names:

All Main teams MUST use the following format when naming their teams.

"WoF(Name of Country in plain english)(Anything else that fits)"

All Support Teams MUST use the following format to be scored properly.

"WoF(Name of Country in plain english)Support(Anything that fits)"

If several support teams are formed for the same country, they should include identifying names or numbers etc in the "(Anything that fits)" part.

Main Teams should show up AT LEAST 10 minutes before the start.

MIA penalty: To avoid -10 points, each avatar must be back at the Start/Finish Point within 10 minutes of the stated finish time for each hunt.

Hunts DO NOT START until your judge, or the head Judge if several are to start at once, announces start and finish times, and THEN says "GO GO GO" in all chat.

Support Teams can turn up at the start if they wish, and are advised to at least send their leader to add the Judge to their Friends List. This way globals can be confirmed "live" instead of waiting for scores to be confirmed from screenshots. (There'll be a few to count, we may miss one or two if they are "from nowhere")

Support Teams suffer no MIA penalty and do not have to be there at the end.

Start/Finish Point;

Palms Corner... not the TP:)

It don't start, and it ain't over, until you climb those stairs (or tp straight past 'em:))

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

It's down the pathways and stairs away from the TP, past a statue...

to the landing platform. see you there:)

Hurrikane

Lol, America is gonna be hunting in darkness in those time slots, seems to be somewhere between 00:00 and 04:30 start times for them...

Time to find my pencil....

The times I am available for judging:

Saturday Feb 2nd:

13:00; No (Childs birthday party, out of action Saturday daytime)

16:30; No (Childs birthday party, out of action Saturday daytime)

20:00; Yes

23:30; No, competing

Sunday Feb 3rd:

09:00; Highly doubtful after finishing competing 3am

12:30; Yes

The events I can judge for are:
Saturday
13:00 No
16:30 No
20:00 Yes
23:30 No

Sunday
9:00 Yes if i'm awake
12:30 Yes

Bump. Some more judges would be a fine thing :)

It's surprisingly good fun, you get to chat with all sorts of new people, and get lots of interesting people with big guns on your Friends List :yay:

The WoF needs you!!

Updated Hunt times:

Saturday Feb 2nd:

13:00; America, Ireland, Sweden, Switzerland, Austria

16:30; England, Finland, Netherlands, Tibet, Eudoria, Greece

20:00; Amethera, Germany, Belgium, Denmark, France, Poland, Romania

23:30; Australia, Brazil, Canada, Wales, Scotland, Serbia

Sunday Feb 3rd:

09:00; Cuba, South Africa

12:30; Estonia, Turkey, Portugal, Italy, Norway

Czech Republic not Czech'd in yet... but that's the rest:)

Hurrikane

Last edited:
Back