News: Landgrab: Rise of the Alliance

I personally would have liked to have seen something that we can "all" participate in... not just those that are able to fight...

..... miners, crafters, sweaters, traders and everday people...

..... we are "all" part of the universe.. and I think far more should be done to envolve others in events.. and not just favour those that have combat skills!!

Mining societies would also like the oppertunity to own an LA just as much as a hunting society...

... but at present stand no chance at all, as their chosen proffesion and skill gains do not allow it since the current method of claiming an LA involves combat!

Regards
Jack Scudd Samuels

Absolutely. Never really thought of it this way, but you are spot on. The biggest ATHs etc aren't hunters and even less so PKers ...and probably not the biggest regular depositors either.

LG is a one trick pony. Sad that non top 50 socs were excluded IMO..but as you point out...lots of us were and loads of ubers with a different profession for just that reason.

+rep fo a valid point.

Star, that was a post on a forum. only heads of state and truly important people release "statements" ...get over yourself.. you're losing all credibility. :laugh:

t

Wow skam before I logged on to EF I was just thinking of how you where refusing to write about 2009 land grab and to my surprise your excellence showed threw when I saw you did write about a land grab your really did not enjoy all that much…. I even think there is hidden meaning in the first paragraph about throwing up J . So you have my respect as a journalist and a person.

I do have a lot of respect for warrants brave attack against so many a foe, it kind of reminded me of the movie 300. What a upstart it would have been if they would have defeated so many, talk about a true EU legend.

Wow skam before I logged on to EF I was just thinking of how you where refusing to write about 2009 land grab and to my surprise your excellence showed threw when I saw you did write about a land grab your really did not enjoy all that much…. I even think there is hidden meaning in the first paragraph about throwing up J . So you have my respect as a journalist and a person.

I do have a lot of respect for warrants brave attack against so many a foe, it kind of reminded me of the movie 300. What a upstart it would have been if they would have defeated so many, talk about a true EU legend.

... :scratch2: did I miss something here...
where did skam write about phase 2 and 3 ??

I personally would have liked to have seen something that we can "all" participate in... not just those that are able to fight...

..... miners, crafters, sweaters, traders and everday people...

..... we are "all" part of the universe.. and I think far more should be done to envolve others in events.. and not just favour those that have combat skills!!

Mining societies would also like the oppertunity to own an LA just as much as a hunting society...

... but at present stand no chance at all, as their chosen proffesion and skill gains do not allow it since the current method of claiming an LA involves combat!

Regards
Jack Scudd Samuels

Well first of all I agree that some kind of event that is ment for "ALL" in here would be great. However LandGrab isnt.

As I had no business in the mining/crafting event I dont think its expected a miner by main profession to do well in LandGrab.

If you look at the previous years there were alot of fighting on the battlefield. I agree that this year was different in the way that the fights took place before LG and therefore not on the field to show to all those that wanted a good show.

But the day MindArk makes LandGrab so that miners can go for a special land - how will they compete? Who gets the biggest find?

As Marco said himself then LandGrab is ment to be a battle. And to be able to battle then you needed to be able to handle a weapon and stand against other people shooting at you in all the previous LandGrabs. Also this one...

Where is the report on stage 2 + 3? I guess the fact that the majority of EU top socs decided to set out and make a statement is not worthy of a front page item :rolleyes:

I think this LG has been discussed more than any other but no report? very strange :scratch2:

The alliance was good and it was strong, and the point was made regardless of any front page news.... if thats what you expect from a neutral forum then thats up to each of you to decide.

Edit, ofc people dont want to hear of cK Shadows fighting off warants and DK, bahq evo claiming land, Shaolin getting 2 lands and ofc the top skilled soc getting no lands, i guess thats just not news :rolleyes:

As a fan forum are we here to provide the positive of any EU event... it seems not. Enjoy the Chirpy front page, its a statement of this forums stance.

Yes, LG 2009 was won but for some reason doesnt want to get reported. I wonder why? :scratch2:

Last edited:
Give it a rest Tekkie. Your attempts at implying some kind of conspiracy about this issue are ridiculous.

Both of the primary reporters (Skam and Jimmy B) have made statements as to precisely why they have not written an article about stage 2 and 3 of this year's landgrab.

You make it sound as if I instructed the reporters not to write such an article, or refused to post an article that was submitted, which is definitely not the case.

Never once in the history of the EF Newsroom have I "vetoed" a front page article.

If you don't believe that, feel free to ask any of the current or former reporters:

Skam
Jimmy B
Mindstar9
Sir Odd
PINKY
Tangine

The only reason there isn't an article about the last 2 rounds of LG is a simple one: nobody wrote one. If they had, it would have been posted.

Your conspiracy theory fails a simple test: logic.

What point would there be in trying to "sweep the news under the rug" when all of the most active threads on the forum in the past week have been about Landgrab? I am quite sure that upwards of 95% of EF members and visitors are well aware of what happened by now.

If I were trying to squash the story, why would there be so many threads about it, including a very active thread that I created myself?? And for that matter, wouldn't I have also "squashed" this news article, entitled Rise of the Alliance? :scratch:

Kind of ironic that you are whining about a non 'neutral forum' in a thread which shouldn't even exist if your insinuations had even a grain of truth.

Tekkie if you want an article why not just write one, then if its actually any good ask 711 to post it to the front page? None of his other reporters wrote anything on stages 2 or 3 and its a pretty big deal. Considering this i'm sure that if the article was a well written and a fair representation he wouldn't have a problem posting it on the front page for you.

So much for equal oppertunities.. :rolleyes:

Well all have equal opportunities of picking up a limited weapon and limited armor and shoot at someone.

We all have equal opportunities of getting killed too - we saw that in the single raid we had at our first claim ^^

Well all have equal opportunities of picking up a limited weapon and limited armor and shoot at someone.

We all have equal opportunities of getting killed too - we saw that in the single raid we had at our first claim ^^

Somehow think you missed the point :rolleyes:

Regards
Jack Scudd Samuels

Where is the report on stage 2 + 3? I guess the fact that the majority of EU top socs decided to set out and make a statement is not worthy of a front page item :rolleyes:

I think this LG has been discussed more than any other but no report? very strange :scratch2:

The alliance was good and it was strong, and the point was made regardless of any front page news.... if thats what you expect from a neutral forum then thats up to each of you to decide.

Edit, ofc people dont want to hear of cK Shadows fighting off warants and DK, bahq evo claiming land, Shaolin getting 2 lands and ofc the top skilled soc getting no lands, i guess thats just not news :rolleyes:

As a fan forum are we here to provide the positive of any EU event... it seems not. Enjoy the Chirpy front page, its a statement of this forums stance.

Yes, LG 2009 was won but for some reason doesnt want to get reported. I wonder why? :scratch2:

I would have to agree that you may be taking it a bit too far with this... I think the main reason there were no continued articles about the Land Grab is that it was boring. Normal Land Grabs are like watching or participating in an exciting sporting event, while this one seemed more like hearing about an amazing and unexpected upset that you didn't get to watch at all. The main idea of what went on was exciting and unexpected to some, but there wasn't much substance to it once it was over. You really didn't think it was boring and monotonous this year? I enjoyed not spending insane amounts of peds, but I definitely miss the action.

I think someone hit the nail on the head when they used the analogy of the San Francisco 49ers (American Football team) from the early 90s. That team was REALLY good, but the games they would win 55-0 were predictable and lost their luster quickly. Truthfully, I'm not sure that the whole alliance thing can go on for too much longer... Too many people with itch trigger fingers, not to mention you would be underestimating those who didn't get land this year if you think they won't have an ace up their sleeve for next time. :)

...I think someone hit the nail on the head when they used the analogy of the San Francisco 49ers (American Football team) from the early 90s. That team was REALLY good, but the games they would win 55-0 were predictable and lost their luster quickly...

That was me!! :yay:

Based on what was learned yesterday about this "event" I am surprised anyone is even interested enough to be out there. It was starting to sound like those Super Bowls from the 80s.. like when the San Francisco 49ers were winning 55 -10 over the Denver Broncos... and the announcers were still trying to keep the audience interested in the game.

:wtg: :silly2:

And I do NOT see the LandGrab happening like that again.

Back