LB Pwnage ?

TheMilkMan
im a complete n00b when it comes to.....everything
but i was wondering if it would be possible to teleport right beside sum1 (or close enough) to own them with a sword ?

doesnt seem possible
especially in an open area
i doubt you would have time to charge the tp and slice them

thoughts?
comments?
rude gestures ?

They would have you down before the white screen faded ;)

Buy a TP chip, use it for awhile and you will find that you should not have asked this question.

As others said, you'll have a white screen there for some seconds after the jump.
But it IS possible, you can use items right after jump, you just can't see anything, either you need to have have good coordination and precision with someone or some crazy luck :silly2:

theoretically it is possible, but then you need to know the exact coordinates, and pray that you dont get thrown few dozen feet right or left, and while you're praying might as well mention that the guy you hunting would not be paying any attention and would not slice you before you get your vision back. I had people tp right on top of me in pvp4 and next thing they saw is the revival terminal, before actually seeing me. So its is possible but highly unprobable

if you really want to slice someone in pvp(best chance against infiltrator), dont run directly at the player but do zigzags with constant changing directions to get close, this way its much harder to hit you with a ranged weapon. Practice makes perfect

If you TP jump into a PvP area you should start running and turning the moment you start the TP jump. This will cause you to be a more difficult target to hit so you have a better chance of surviving the white screen period.

Same way for exiting a PvP area.

Cheers
Siam

Well. It takes the pk exactly 1.474 seconds to turn around and kill you.
Unfortunately it takes 1.475 seconds for the screen to recover from the white.

Well. It takes the pk exactly 1.474 seconds to turn around and kill you.
Unfortunately it takes 1.475 seconds for the screen to recover from the white.
:rofl: Nice research there Dr Ufo ;)

The Katsuichi Determination is a nice weapon - fast, good damage - if you can get within range to use it. People in PvP will be choosing armours and platings that protect against Penetration and Burn - not Cut. So if you can get within melee range you can give them a nasty surprise ;)

If you want to own them, find their marker and acquire a claim deed..

Best chance is to come out swinging by mashing your weapons hotkey right after the tp jump is initiated .. oh and jump around like a madman.

Bones

If you've got their name dragged already you can start clicking it even with the white screen up to swing at them

I was near the rig one day trying to tp onto the table mountain and saw a green dot; on inspection it was a well-known pk'er of the time (this was about 3 years ago)... of course he ran up and killed me, but I noticed he was wearing vigi (and I'm guessing 6a's too) perhaps for economy, or perhaps his reputation didn't actually mean he had top-end gear.

A bit angered, I tp'd back and came accidentally to rest behind one of the bunker walls at the rig, seeing his green dot rushing across to me to kill me again.

Instead of the fire-and-hope plasma shot I usually employ in pvp situations, I remained just behind the wall, leaping out with my determination as he reached me.

It was a great fight... the first few hits got him for 40, 45, 42 or so... and to his credit the guy whipped out a determination of his own instead of peppering me with whatever big-ass gun he killed me with before, hitting back with similar success.

A few hits in and it was apparent his health was somewhat higher than mine... but I saw a chance, with his health bar down to an atomic level, I knew mine was nearly gone too... instantly deciding to hit, not FAP, I ploughed on... and missed my next two hits and got cleaved in two from his next one.

But nearly... and against someone far better than me at pk (my dodge is currently less than 500!).

So yes, a blade can surprise in PvP, but don't expect a field of bodies and you grinning over your glinting steel:)

Hurrikane

Back