less skills more loot?

MurMet

Guardian
Society
Mine to Extract
Woopiy
Iv heard that less skills give more loot, can that realy be true ?

nope.

Some people have noticed that they find something big after chipping some of their skills out, but the human mind sees patterns in the funniest of places.

No and no ^^ that is not true, EU is dynamic. :rolleyes:
This means, one and the same person can loot 3 angel footguards in one day, and everyone els that hunts for a week, maybe dont find anything. :D

This means, one and the same person can loot 3 angel footguards in one day, and everyone els that hunts for a week, maybe dont find anything. :D

u dont say.... ;)

And some say newcomers have beginner's luck... their all just theories and probably coincidences...

That's MA's trick to make newcomers stay in EU. :cool:

sure its true so keep chipping out and selling low ;)

:scratch2: :confused: :scratch2: :confused: :scratch2:

Got to say it, sorry but that is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard.
If it were true then what would the point of skills be? (Ok I know but lets not go there) From your very first attempt you would be on a downward spiral, we all moan about loots but that would be the one thing that would kill the game stone dead.
Imagine the marketing spiel 'The better you get the worse you are gonna be rewarded, yep we got a sure fire winner there frank. Thats a rap lets do lunch'

Please dont take this as a dig or a flame against the OP, it aint but I just had to say something about it.

Well i doubt there is any difference in what u get in the loot window if u have 1 HA or 10 HA. More skills and better equip only gives u the chance to kill a bigger number of mobs for the same amount of ammo. We will never know for sure if loots are directly connected to skills, but MA denies this.
But hey, they also say there is no such thing as LUCK in this game .. :scratch2:

I've heard that there are little green ppl on Mars , can that be true? :D

Your question is rhetorical... we don't know.. no one knows ... not even the MA personnel IMHO know how the game works :rolleyes:

Here i go again :)

I think there is some kind of connection between looting avatar and loot. As an example, i was hunting warriors for several hours with nothing, not a loot over 10 ped. In the same time 2 guys on the radar gets global after global. Not better skills than me, not better equip. Now we all know it's about place,time, equip and skills. But how can they claim there is no luck involved in a situation like this? Why do they get global and not me? When i have better skills and equip and we are there at the same time, same place, same mob. Now THAT would be interesting to hear an explanation about :laugh: (and no, i certainly did NOT have better avg loot then they did either;))

Yes

Well I think it's true....... Lets all speak for our selves from experience - did you loot more with less skills or less with less skills.

I had all my big loots with no Skills.... (Mining) - Now I seem to do ok well the last 2 runs I was up 10 ped each time add Sweat to my ME finds so around 15 ped per run.. But havernt hit a claim bigger than 20 ped in a year.

When new I hit a few 2K finds with no skills and a number of hof's.

I tried (L) finders, diddnt do nothing for me and amps the same did nothing.

So to end - I have no idea, apart from I did better with no skills.

Maybe I ask my mum to play and show her where to mine and test it. :silly2:

Moonfish

Well I think it's true....... Lets all speak for our selves from experience - did you loot more with less skills or less with less skills.

I had all my big loots with no Skills.... (Mining) - Now I seem to do ok well the last 2 runs I was up 10 ped each time add Sweat to my ME finds so around 15 ped per run.. But havernt hit a claim bigger than 20 ped in a year.

When new I hit a few 2K finds with no skills and a number of hof's.

I tried (L) finders, diddnt do nothing for me and amps the same did nothing.

So to end - I have no idea, apart from I did better with no skills.

Maybe I ask my mum to play and show her where to mine and test it. :silly2:

Moonfish

My own experience from mining tells me the same thing, except the hof part ;) I got good avg return in mining with no skills - much better than i did as a lvl 15+ prospector. When it comes to hunting i can't really say notice any difference at all, but on the other hand, ive been using Korss 400 for a long long time and i've had the same stats with that all the time :)

if you get a lot of experiece while hunting you wont get much loot, thats what i think, because experience can be converted to money and taken off from game, so you wont be able to get much of both at the same time. or something like that, only a guess :D

skills do work lol

In hunting the more skills you have the more crit hits you will do, thus killing more mobs per ammo, so this gives you more chances of loot,, so while skills don't effect your loot directly they do give you more loots in general as they assend

First of all - EU has closed economy - therefore - YOU CANT GET OUT MORE THAN PEOPLE PUT IN.

If your statment was true - what would stop ppl from creating more and more new avas and profiting that way - therefore - not true.

Skills actually make you profit more.

Im a lev 20 miner and I can hit occasional high markup ore which is then not paid by lootpool but other players - therefore profit for me without damaging the lootpool.

It is impossible to hit those with no skills, trust me :D

I.

Well Marco did stated that level of skills doesn't influence the quantity of loot, but beat me if i can find the quote.

Well Marco did stated that level of skills doesn't influence the quantity of loot, but beat me if i can find the quote.

I saw a qoute of Marco here where he comment on HOF and he said something like:"If a more skilled avatar got that HOF it could have been higher." I don´t know where I saw that quote and where the original quote of Marco can be found.

It seems that every theory (even antithetic ones) can be "proven" with Marco´s words. :D

Heh? Maybe he said would contained something else, but I sincerely don't remember Marco commenting in HoF threads.

And yes, Marco does say alot of stuff :laugh:

I once read a statement by MA that avatars have unlucky periods. I tried searching but it's too wide... some years go. Luck and code... those 2 don't mix. You will get how much system thinks you will get. Deposit a lot, waste more, get high markup equipment and sooner or later (more later) you will get a big hit. Wors most of the times... unless you go bancrupt before that.:D

I have analyzed latest hofs and uber hofs by people. Just like I do every now and then. And most ubers (80%) are won by players with high markup equipment. Even when hunting young molisks it's the guy with jaguar over a guy with pixie. 10% is won by beginers, noobs, starters. And the rest by the middle class.

Damn I went off topic... what was the topic again;)

Ah yes, skills... the more skills the less of a noob you are. Loot? Nah, loot is based on how much you deposit and how much MA likes you at that specific nanosecond.:laugh:

MA said to me that skills do have effect... but its no quarantee... me myself my loots gone worse when ive gained more skills or maybe its just every update that makes it happen u never know

week is too optimistic
:laugh:

Back