Lets solve the Notes

Richard Devil

Stalker
Society
Trader's Guild
Richard Devil Cross
Ok, i aggree this is the second thread, but the other thread just became way to messy, and people keep posting same solutions over and over and over again. We are getting nowhere.

I will keep this first post updated with theories, (Second post with notes that are currently found).

OUR LATEST NEWS
We assume, that 9376, and 15550 are coordinates, but we dont know what order.
At those coordinates we have:
E:9376,15550- An area a bit west of atlas island
This one seems the most likely. Because one of the notes, tells us the date when atlantis (Atlas Island) went under water(End of the World), and Nystrom refers to atlas publisher.

E:15550, 9376 - A bunch of kerberos, and the old area for umbras
A:9376,15550-Close to thorifoid temple
A:15550, 9376- Somewhere on amethera

Theories
First and formost, what are they for?

SOMETHING INTERESTING
This could possibly linked somehow to the missing girl. However bizzare it sounds, similarites are found. Ofcourse could be possible, just an MA made event based on it.

Main Theory
After much reading and analyzing i think they are for the PoE Foot guards. Why? First, because there are many duplicates of some notes. Only can be possible if the item to be found isnt unique, meaning not 1. So then it cant be related to the egg. And the only thing other then the egg, is PoE. Ofcourse it could be Hunter version of beacons, but remeber we looting footguards.

How to solve them?
Our main theory is:
All notes of a set must be collected. Why? Well first each note makes no sence on its own, second there wouldnt be different notes, but duplicates.

Method of Decoding
Decoding via 2d matrix- That is our only way we can decode something like this.
NEW The number the 2d matrix gives u, can be solved further using a cipher of 6x6 (a-z, 0-9). Which so far gives us interesting results.
OR
Notes combined together in game somehow.

Ok now, our job is either to prove these theories right or wrong. And please read the first post before u post an idea.

Mentioned Ideas (Generally assumed to be false, until proven true):
Repairing to Full TT-- No difference.
TTing- Nobody tried, but cant see how this would help
Placing in Refiner- I beleive someone tried, and cant, but someone mentioned this.
Decoding using binarry- Nothing interesting
Joke from MA- Wouldnt be supprised
Tryied to Use Auction, Bank Teller- Nothing happened

UNTESTED THEORIES
-Time and Date could be in note info as well as position, Maybe something to do with location and time of RX units.
-The note on the screen is inverted of the looted one. Maybe thats a key (posted by Bones)

If i missed any please post, and try to keep from double posting ideas.

Last edited:
So far we have:
Original
2 new notes have been dropped

here's the 5th type.

the looter of the 4th one hasn't uploaded a pic yet.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Black and White
NO SPACE. Removed...

Deciphered Notes
Ok I did 4 out of the 5 so far and the results come back as this

566355536354 (14x14 Data Matrix)

45 (10x10)

46 (10x10)

32464142363331 (14x14)

4th Looted Note

5th Looted Note
52 56 56 56 65
Ad Screen note 2:
52 53 52 64 52 55 52 54 52 61

Using the cypher we get:

1: N Y S T R O M - Name of the atals publsher, maybe means one of 2 continents
2: X- x coordinate
3: Y- y coordinate
4: 5 8 4 2 8 3- Linked to Atlantis submerging (Atlantis is also know as atlas island)
5: 9 3 7 6- x or y coords (if this is x, and other is y, thats near atlas island)
6: 1 5 5 5 0- x or y coords
7: 1219141316- stands for date of (October, 25th 2007, according to mayan calendar)

Last edited:
Possible Combinations
Could it be we're still missing one piece?

The funny thing is, as I've mentioned earlier, that if you for instance mirror the two top parts - they fit just aswell ;)

I said this in the wrong thread i think so again.....
I need that 3rd note found i've got something working so far but i'm not sure until that other one. Can the guy that found the last note Please Post it or PM me with it if they are being all secretive

puzzle3pieces.jpg

they seem to fit together nicely this way

has anyone checked that tunnel at the top of Zychion thats always been blocked this VU yet? i gotta run hope this helps

Last edited:
If you dont like the fact that i posted another thread about this, then -rep me or w.e, but i want to auctually solve the notes, for my curiosity and the benefit of the community.

If you have ideas, or info to add, please post ill keep first 3 posts updated.

Bambuco tried using the Bank Teller (10x10 Note) and nothing (Bank ND).

Can you post the unrotated forms as well please? In original and not pure black and white boxes - easier to look at :)

BTW it just hit me, since there are duplicates out there, that means the notes must be combined in game, otherwise no use of duplicates.

I bet 100 ped to any takers that these are for PoE foot guards. Here is why:

- Mindark never explained how the foot guards would be released, even after we grilled them about it.

- If they dropped the foot guards themselves it would be very hard for them to land in the hands of the set owners. They don't want to drop more than the number that go with the sets because that would be just plain tacky...

- The people who need the foot guards will probably buy one of each type of note. There will probably be an AM avatar that will scan the bar codes and if the right code results from it, they are rewarded the foot guards. I know there is one on the ad screens, but who knows how that would work out.

- People without the sets probably wouldn't go through the trouble of trying to collect one of each note. People with the notes will know that they hold approximately 1/4 or 1/3 of the value of the foot guards and sell for those prices, accordingly. The community will want to help get the foot guards with their sets, although I think it would be comical if someone were to refuse to sell a note just to spite MA.

I don't think notes can be combined in game!

Since one of the notes in the game is not "tangible" (so to speak) because it is shown on the advertising screen, I do not believe you can combine them in the game.

Maybe a full set of notes in one persons inventory and combined would offer a result.

Bones

I accept your bet. :)

Ill take that bet as well, since it would be one of the biggest, most unfair ripoffs in PE/EU history if it was true (actually having to look for footguards for my own previously "full" sets of armor is already "up there") but for an eventarmor "only" that was originally given out for "great service to the empire" or how was it? comeon...
I doubt, and seriously hope that MA arent that stupid ;)

Ill accept that 100 ped bet also!

Let it be known that we have a bet.

The notes are there to distract us from the ass raping MA did to us recently :)

I think they will be simply exchanged for some gay prize...

that or they will do nothing for like 6 months same with the egg - eventually people will tt them - drop them in PA etc. :eek:

well maybe not:scratch2:

Ill take that bet as well, since it would be one of the biggest, most unfair ripoffs in PE/EU history if it was true (actually having to look for footguards for my own previously "full" sets of armor is already "up there") but for an eventarmor "only" that was originally given out for "great service to the empire" or how was it? comeon...
I doubt, and seriously hope that MA arent that stupid ;)

Oops, I actually meant the bet thing as a joke... I don't have that much faith in my theory... I guess I probably shouldn't have specified an actual reasonable amount. :laugh:

But seriously, you say you don't expect MA to implement "one of the biggest, most unfair ripoffs in PE/EU history"? They have already done this many times, and keep raising the bar! What's the difference between having to buy them from people who looted them and my theory? They still haven't given them out, so they are obviously trying to think of (or have already thought of) other ways of putting them into EU.

It's not that MA is stupid, it's that they are greedy and don't mind screwing over their customers. ;)

grrrrr .. this is a puzzle solving thread .. not a bitching thread

Bones

maybe its one of those pictures you stare at then close your eyes and see an image,or you look at it out of focus and it says someting

If they are for PoE, what is the point of the one on ad screen? Doesn't make sense...

They have to be data matrix codes or MA just made them look exactly like them to deceive us. I think they are data matrix codes because of the info text on the notes.

Assuming they are data matrix codes, it doesn't make sense to me how they can be used individually since two of them decode to "45" and "46". How does that mean anything by itself? I spent hours running the decodes through every combination of computer codings I could think of (octal, hex, etc.) and cannot come up with a result that means anything.

So I've given up for now. :scratch2:

It *is* possible there is nothing to solve, and the notes are something that will be used later, or will herald some new event.

Were these coded leaflets dropped by low-flying craft? Didn't we say we saw moving lights not long ago?

In the recent Star Wars episode, if the emperor dropped leaflets saying "66" to all his clone forces, they would know what to do, unless they read them upside down>

"Order 99? WTF is that?" ;)

If they are for PoE, what is the point of the one on ad screen? Doesn't make sense...

They have to be data matrix codes or MA just made them look exactly like them to deceive us. I think they are data matrix codes because of the info text on the notes.

Assuming they are data matrix codes, it doesn't make sense to me how they can be used individually since two of them decode to "45" and "46". How does that mean anything by itself? I spent hours running the decodes through every combination of computer codings I could think of (octal, hex, etc.) and cannot come up with a result that means anything.

So I've given up for now. :scratch2:

Maybe it's just a matter of getting the numbers decoded themselves. You show MA the 3 notes in your posession, tell the "secret codes" for each, and then tell them the other "secret code" found elsewhere (ad screen). :scratch2:

Have you tried to put one on top of another (same size oc) and either keep the black ones that match or only keep the black ones that don't match?

Has anyone tried to repair one??

Von

puzzle.gif

One displayed in ad screen is negative of one looted. More will be displayed and owner of "non-matching" note will get something. Not BJ i guess.

Anyways, what a great way to make us to stare ads :laugh:

Edit: until someone posted a nega note to that other thread :p

Maybe the 45 and 46 refer to ....

Maybe the 45 and or 46 refer to looking at 4x5 or 4x6 squares of the bigger notes to decode. Just a shot in the dark.

Just in case anyone else thinks of this I added up the longer codes and was left with the following numbers...

45,46 - from the shorter codes

47,56 - from the longer

then me and Whyte from the Drow searched all possible locations

4547 4656, 4556 4647........ etc nothing found :(

the ad screens

This picture looks like nothing you've seen befor.or does it?

But the ad screens!!
has any one with the Note in hand seen the ad screens?and nothing happend?

It may be that the one on the ad screens was a backup system if someone tt'd the note.

Back