Lets solve the Notes

Just in case anyone else thinks of this I added up the longer codes and was left with the following numbers...

45,46 - from the shorter codes

47,56 - from the longer

then me and Whyte from the Drow searched all possible locations

4547 4656, 4556 4647........ etc nothing found :(

This is interesting, howd u get 47 and 56

I bet 100 ped to any takers that these are for PoE foot guards. Here is why:

- Mindark never explained how the foot guards would be released, even after we grilled them about it.

- If they dropped the foot guards themselves it would be very hard for them to land in the hands of the set owners. They don't want to drop more than the number that go with the sets because that would be just plain tacky...

- The people who need the foot guards will probably buy one of each type of note. There will probably be an AM avatar that will scan the bar codes and if the right code results from it, they are rewarded the foot guards. I know there is one on the ad screens, but who knows how that would work out.

- People without the sets probably wouldn't go through the trouble of trying to collect one of each note. People with the notes will know that they hold approximately 1/4 or 1/3 of the value of the foot guards and sell for those prices, accordingly. The community will want to help get the foot guards with their sets, although I think it would be comical if someone were to refuse to sell a note just to spite MA.

I would sooo really really do that (beign a rebel without a cause :silly:)

Ok, serious now, I think this stuff will be like the beacon mission in time. But it hasn't implemented yet, or not active yet.
Ppl will loot em, and if you use the note you will be able to do some kind of mission.
Just my 2pecs

This is interesting, howd u get 47 and 56

I just added up ther longer number strings :D

but i added the 1st one wrong lol, so would be...

32464142363331 added up = 45

566355526354 added up = 56

Last edited:
You have to remember how MA operates.

They always introduce some element to the game months (years) before it can be used. We had hangars how long before they could be used? Taming was around how long before a pet could do anything?

So, first thing, stop trying to solve it right now. MA doesn't want it solved yet.

Next, since these are pieces they will need to be assembled. Expect some sort of book to drop later where these can be put into the book (like blueprints into a blueprint book.)

When you have all the pieces together you will be able to view a map of a new dungeon or other type of instance.

So in short, they are pieces of a map. MA will make the map readable when they are good and ready. Don't hold your breath.

You have to remember how MA operates.

They always introduce some element to the game months (years) before it can be used. We had hangars how long before they could be used? Taming was around how long before a pet could do anything?

So, first thing, stop trying to solve it right now. MA doesn't want it solved yet.

Next, since these are pieces they will need to be assembled. Expect some sort of book to drop later where these can be put into the book (like blueprints into a blueprint book.)

When you have all the pieces together you will be able to view a map of a new dungeon or other type of instance.

So in short, they are pieces of a map. MA will make the map readable when they are good and ready. Don't hold your breath.

I would have thought this until the Ad Screen one popped up.

If theu are maps, when why did MA make them look exactly like datamatrixes, complete with decodable messages and all? Not every black and white combination will be something in that code. Or do you mean that the whole land area of calypso is one big datamatrix ? Hmm, wonder what we get if we decode that.... :scratch2::laugh:

If theu are maps, when why did MA make them look exactly like datamatrixes, complete with decodable messages and all? Not every black and white combination will be something in that code. Or do you mean that the whole land area of calypso is one big datamatrix ? Hmm, wonder what we get if we decode that.... :scratch2::laugh:

I know what, we'll get the message: "this land did not carry loot" & "dung 10,000,000k found"

why the egg?

why does you armor decay when you take it off?

why do snables carry guns?

this is not the place to ask why.

Perhaps MA will drop a handheld computer to read the notes - maybe a special pair of glasses - the point is your are not supposed to figure it out yet - MA will dictate when that happens.

Hello,

Firstly, the mesages are not simple morse (I didn't see that possibility debunked yet).

Secondly, have the owners tried to attach the notes to other equipment?
It may be that they are blueprints, schematics or instructions on how to do or modify something. Perhaps each type of note modifys, improves or provides data to different types of equipment. For example, attach one to an ore finder and it points to an ore rich area and then decays or disappears. Perhaps adding it to a gun or blade modifies them is some fashion.

Grounder

Just another crazy thought, has anyone tried going to the Thorifoid Temple and see if somehow it activates the door to open? (I strongly suggest bringing a strong fighting team with just in case I'm right! :laugh:)

why the egg?
Because the event monster was an Atrox queen. An egg would make sense from an event point of view.

why does you armor decay when you take it off?
To give an advantage to (L) armours that will help the crafters. (and please let us not debate the pro/con of that system in this thread). It makes sense from an business-echonomical point of view.

why do snables carry guns?
Because that is the way loot has worked historically in rpgs for a long time. It makes sense from an historic point of view.

this is not the place to ask why.

Perhaps MA will drop a handheld computer to read the notes - maybe a special pair of glasses - the point is your are not supposed to figure it out yet - MA will dictate when that happens.

Maybe. But then they will not be maps. They will still be codes that can be deciphered, maybe into maps, but they are not maps right now.
Making them to be maps will not make sense from any point of view.

It looks like nothing youve ever seen... or does it?

The fact that it says ^ the above leads me to believe that the notes people are receiving are linked directly to the notes that are shown on the ad screen. but not in a sense that they must be decoded but in a sense that people who hold the notes must be aware of these adscreen notes for future events. MA will give us all the answers in due time. Probably involving the adscreen and more mysterious happenings

Hmm.. Something is wrong here.
Note no.3 (screened) is different - it doesn't have "full" bars and 0-1 squars, as regular Data Matrix and other notes does.

Secondly - why third note (screened) and third (black-white) are different?

Hmm.. Something is wrong here.
Note no.3 (screened) is different - it doesn't have "full" bars and 0-1 squars, as regular Data Matrix and other notes does.

Secondly - why third note (screened) and third (black-white) are different?

Yes. Something seem to be wrong. This it the image of that note from the other thread.

I fliped the image of the note though to make it more readable.

Its possible the ad screeen is the key then , the ad screen shows one of the looted notes inverted , so maybe the key is to invert and get different values.

Bones

uh sorry for the stupid question but...are you sure that the ad note was really posted by a realiable source(MA)?cant it be that some smartass thought it would be funny to post a diversion on the ad screen?'cause as far as i know everyone can post stuff on the ad screen as long as he pays for it
it's just weird that the note on the ad screen looked different...it was made like in paint or smth.

Possible idea:

I was debating whether or not the numbers 0-6 have any revelance to solving the note. So i thought of something else, which could work. Try finding a time or date in the numbers as well as a position.

Ok, Just a wild stab in the dark here at what these codes mean...

Back when marco sent out the Ambassador badges each one had a unique code on it (confirmed by Rex, Reconda and Skam.)

Skam asked Marco if these codes had any meaning and Marco replied " ;-) "

Has anyone looked to see if these codes match the numbers printed on the side of the ambassador badges?

Like I said, only a wild stab in the dark, but you never know ;)

I would check myself, but mine never turned up despite it being sent by Marco three times :(

Link to original dicussion about these codes here:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37466&highlight=ambassador+badge

The code discussion is a few pages intot the thread...

Interesting Pinky. How many total was there of these codes?

Hi

I know how to read those matrices. As you have already found out, they decode to:
1: 32 46 41 42 36 33 31
2: 45
3: 46
4: 56 63 55 53 63 54

Now, if you use a polybius' square that looks like this, to read the messages:
Polybiussquare2.JPG

You will see that the messages goes like this:
1: N Y S T R O M
2: X
3: Y
4: 5 8 4 2 8 3
(This may not be the correct order, I do not know which matrix that is supposed to be read first.)
I know how to read them because I have encountered similar ones before.

Now we need your help. What does this mean? Could it be related to in-game coordinates or something like that(have never played Project Entropia)? Looking forward to your assistance.
//LimStift

I know how to read those matrices. As you have already found out, they decode to:
1: 32 46 41 42 36 33 31
2: 45
3: 46
4: 56 63 55 53 63 54

You will see that the messages goes like this:
1: N Y S T R O M
2: X
3: Y
4: 5 8 4 2 8 3
(//LimStift

Good idea but whats about the "W"?

Good idea but whats about the "W"?

Swedish alphabet. And believe me, it's the real solution.

Also, there is a slight possibility that this is much bigger than Project Entropia.

Last edited:
W is part of the swedish alphabet. Atleast it was when i went to school ;)
Besides, if the alphabet is swedish, then where are the last three letters Å, Ä and Ö

W is part of the swedish alphabet. Atleast it was when i went to school ;)
Besides, if the alphabet is swedish, then where are the last three letters Å, Ä and Ö

You will find them at 10, 20 and 30.
Also, keep in mind that this key was created by the interpreters, and not by those who created the code, so it could indeed be faulty.

Ok, I see them now, just didnt recognice them. The Nystrom part looks promising. Still no closer to finding the solution though :(

Ok, I see them now, just didnt recognice them. The Nystrom part looks promising. Still no closer to finding the solution though :(

I see, I was hoping someone with experience in the world of Entropia could help us with the meaning of it. Too bad.

2 new notes have been dropped

here's the 5th type.

the looter of the 4th one hasn't uploaded a pic yet.

Back