Light in apartment.

TelM8

Guardian
Hi all,

I saw there was a similar topics, but not quite the same as mine problem. I just bought a apartment, and i have put up 5 Nallo Ceiling Lamps, but only 3 of them lit up. I have checked that they are all turned on. Is there a limit on how many lamps you are allowed to have? Or more directly, how can I get more light in my apartment?

Many thanks
TelM8

Maybe a bug or something?

I got myself 5 nallo ceiling lamps and they all work fine...

But maybe that's just because they are from my own crafting...
Sinedia Furniture just has a better quality to it :p

The number of lights is dependant on the setting of dynamic lights sliders under Options

I think it is also dependent on the graphics card your computer is equiped with ... Hardware ! muahaha on my old laptop i have no dynamic lights at all and the new system didnt take any effect on a slightly newer one i think im limited to 8 lights... people with newest GFX cards and hyped out computers can prolly take 16 or 32 dynamic lights at a time ... not sure on current standard and PE compliance with it...

Try moving the slider up to max :)

Ido

Is there a limit on how many lamps you are allowed to have? Or more directly, how can I get more light in my apartment?

I think there is a limit of 8.

Note that some items that "glow", such as enblade swords and the implant insertion tool (if you got one on the floor for the "disco effect") also might count as light sources, so try pick up everything that "shines" and then turn on the lamps that doesn't seem to provide light.

Light limit

There is a light limit and is around 7 or 8 (usually i do candles) You will find that when u put on more than that (and all strong light sources count ie. blades/fists/implanters) one will go off, however, it seems to put off the light effect showing on the walls but sometimes it leaves the object that has been lit up next to it still glowing. I have not yet managed to figure out if it is first placed is first to go off, as this sequence of which one goes off when you switch on an extra lamp seems a little sporadic. I must admit being in the interior design /decorating business in here the light limit is a real PAIN IN THE ASS!!!! as is the item limit!!! We definately need more lighting for decent effects and atmosphere.

Info on lights

I have had a support case operating with MA regarding the lights in my apartment.

Firstly I have to comment that the Support Department have been very good at communicating in a prompt way - they do seem to get some bad rep around here - my experience was positive.

27 Mar 2007 Entropia Support:
Hi,

The Weeler lamps were adjusted in the last Version Update since they were giving our to much light. We have sent you remarks about how they work now to our design team but we cannot promise that they will be adjusted to give out the same light as before.

Regards,
Entropia Support

I won't post all the back and forward comments - these are the important parts

13 Apr 2007 Entropia Support:
Hi,

At the moment, the maximum amount of light sources you can have active at the same time is 8. All items that give out light is included in this, not only lamps. So it is possible that you currently have to many light sources in your apartment.

Regards,
Entropia Support

Final comment to close the support case as follows

23 Apr 2007 You wrote:
In follow up, I did remove some light sources which did make a difference. However, it seems as you say the wheeler lamps were dimmed in the last VU, just seems that considering the large price difference from a nalo lamp that the dimming has gone too far, could I please request this is looked at for the next update to brighten the wheeler lamps up some more.

Thankyou,

24 Apr 2007 Entropia Support:
We will notify our design team about this again. We will now close this case but just refer to 105145 if you would like to add something to this later on.

Thanks,
Entropia Support

I'm am really hoping something gets done in the next VU - the apartment is still too dark considering the expense of wheeler lamps right thru the apartment

Hope this "sheds some light on the topic" :)

I have had a support case operating with MA regarding the lights in my apartment.

Firstly I have to comment that the Support Department have been very good at communicating in a prompt way - they do seem to get some bad rep around here - my experience was positive.

27 Mar 2007 Entropia Support:
Hi,

The Weeler lamps were adjusted in the last Version Update since they were giving our to much light. We have sent you remarks about how they work now to our design team but we cannot promise that they will be adjusted to give out the same light as before.

Regards,
Entropia Support

I won't post all the back and forward comments - these are the important parts

13 Apr 2007 Entropia Support:
Hi,

At the moment, the maximum amount of light sources you can have active at the same time is 8. All items that give out light is included in this, not only lamps. So it is possible that you currently have to many light sources in your apartment.

Regards,
Entropia Support

Final comment to close the support case as follows

23 Apr 2007 You wrote:
In follow up, I did remove some light sources which did make a difference. However, it seems as you say the wheeler lamps were dimmed in the last VU, just seems that considering the large price difference from a nalo lamp that the dimming has gone too far, could I please request this is looked at for the next update to brighten the wheeler lamps up some more.

Thankyou,

24 Apr 2007 Entropia Support:
We will notify our design team about this again. We will now close this case but just refer to 105145 if you would like to add something to this later on.

Thanks,
Entropia Support

I'm am really hoping something gets done in the next VU - the apartment is still too dark considering the expense of wheeler lamps right thru the apartment

Hope this "sheds some light on the topic" :)

Ofc if you want an supernova light source for working just put in some armax horns or armax plates or foul skulls.

sigh, I have a bunch of powerfists on my wall and they are the main light source in my apartment, so the whole room is dark except for the wall where my powerfists are, it's kinda annoying that they count as a light source, but I can see why they are, they do give out light after all.

and so??

sigh, I have a bunch of powerfists on my wall and they are the main light source in my apartment, so the whole room is dark except for the wall where my powerfists are, it's kinda annoying that they count as a light source, but I can see why they are, they do give out light after all.

so why not make a feature of them and place them around the room for a nice seductive light effect???

didnt jamhot do something similar in his "club 3G"? put armax skulls over implant insertors to create a strobe effect

didnt jamhot do something similar in his "club 3G"? put armax skulls over implant insertors to create a strobe effect

maybe but it is not the skulls over the imlanters that make the strobe effect, it's the implanter itself, but it looks ugly on its own, and so it is good to hide it.
Any questions on lighting just ask, I do interior decorating in here (u can see some of my work at Genesis - up the hill block- 1a and TI city gold - up hill to right from auction house 14 d & e) and know a fair bit about it now.

Back