Looking for feed back on my website

mandu

Stalker
Society
Victory
Mandu Mojo Marconi
Hi Everyone;

I've made a forum (that has nothing to do with video games or EU) and I thought I would ask here for feedback. I know there are some pretty savvy computer and forum people here.

I don't have access to many different kinds of machines, os's, browsers or monitor resolutions, so I'm not 100% sure if it looks good to people other than me!

If you have a minute or two... stop by and let me know what you think....

www.canadiantheatrehub.forumotion.ca

I am no designer, but I would say everything in there is too "edgy". Not sure if that is the right expression. Everything looks so sharp. You need to smooth things. From technical side - Everything seems to be in place. Viewed with Windows 7 64 bit, Firefox 5.0, screen resolution 1900x1200.

Only thing I see is the CITT job board is very hard to read.. green is too light and the rest of the text is very light.. Other then that I have no other suggestions.. ;)

Good work!! :yay:

I actually like the gradient red and black combination - it gives it a real theatre feel to it. What I would do is decrease the width if possible so that everything is visible on one screen without having to scroll to the right (unless that's just my screen), and I too would get rid of the lime green text and keep it the blue that's showing on the left side - it will tone it down a bit.

One question ... if a person signs up with the forum, do the ads go away? If not, I think the number of ads going on in various places sort of gives a less cohesive feel to the forum environment. Otherwise, it looks as though you have all of the component elements needed to develop a successful exchange of those within the industry.

I wish you lots of luck with it. :)

Had a quick look and first reaction was I like the color scheme, but you could use some more cell padding to get the content further away from the cell borders.

Also you might want to have a set table width, it does look a bit too stretched out as people already mentioned, even on my 1680x1050. Could be neat if you narrow down a bit and let your headline pictures (Tool tip Tuesday, Frugal Friday etc) stretch from cell border to cell border for example. When you got rather big headline pictures like that and there still are plenty space on their sides it only adds to the stretched out feeling.

Ha, this really got me in the mood to start web designing again lol

Good luck with your site!

Thanks everyone!

Just the kind of feedback I was looking for.

What I would do is decrease the width if possible so that everything is visible on one screen without having to scroll to the right (unless that's just my screen),

What is your screen resolution MS9?

I liked the red gradient to black. but, it looked awkward on the buttons. being that they're controls, it would likely be best to have them clear, easy to read, and obvious. the font on the side bar was a little difficult to read as it was quite small.

otherwise, I'd say it's not bad at all and a very good first effort.

Introduce yourself should be on top. It works just fine on my 10.1 android tablet

Just curious spawn... Did you click (or even see...) the full site button at the bottom?

I like the red and black design.

The site is too busy on the eye. There needs to be a lot more white space (or, in this case, black space). A few more pixels to divide the boxes from each other, and more padding inside them.

Do you really need the white (grip?) bar on the left side of the title boxes?

Don't like the confusion of adverts and site-relevant stuff. I don't think that the central sections should have advertising. It would put me off revisiting the site - don't much like that sort of thing in theatre programmes either! I like to know before I start reading something whether it is an advert or not.

But I can see the potential of the site - looks very promising.

Back