Loot tracker - Entropia Tally

Also the overlay could use some touching up. When you add too many info on overlay the data gets really hard to read and you need to adjust it to make it much larger to be able to read it. Personally the table names should be first, then the data, and there's no need to show "Time label" since it already shows the time moving.
Instead of having so much text you can simplify it.
Total loot = TT out OR Loot
Total Spent = TT in OR Spent
Returns = +-
Return Rate = R %
Globals = G
HoFs = H
If the overlay was more compacted like that it would look a lot more slim and easy to read and take less space on screen imo.
Hit % & Evade %, personally the only interesting info there for me is hit %. And if it showed crit %. Does the evade % show how many times the target evaded your attack or how many times you evaded the target, it's unclear to me. Also there is dodging and "MISS" which comes from using unmaxed weapons, does the MISS get added into this "evade %" ?
I am not sure how I want to structure the overlay, while also making it flexible enough for the custom css styling that is planned for it. May have to rethink the layout it completely 🤔

The evade % is player evading creature. But the hit % includes player misses and enemy evades.

But I will be tightening it up a bit and I hope that helps a little.
index.php

I am not sure how I want to structure the overlay, while also making it flexible enough for the custom css styling that is planned for it. May have to rethink the layout it completely 🤔

The evade % is player evading creature. But the hit % includes player misses and enemy evades.

But I will be tightening it up a bit and I hope that helps a little.
index.php
I see. To note, the logging timer resets after 24h it seems. Is it possible to make it count for how many hours, days etc?
At bigger runs over 5 digits you need to adjust the overlay manually because if its too small it will look bad.
index.php

Thx for a great tool :)

I am not sure how I want to structure the overlay
Myself , I use timer and returns.

There are other tools out there that will calculate your day of death for you , I prefer minimalism.

Options are good too.

Version 0.9.0 have been published.

Contains the following changes:
  • Returns over time
  • Dark mode
  • Many bug fixes and improvements

This thing is great. The PE assistant for 2022.
Thanks to all involved in making this available.

I was using 0.8.0 portable, and when I ran it today - I received the notification of 0.9.0 would be installed when I exit the program, which it did... I also see 0.9.0 still has a portable option on GitHub.
While I enjoy the app and appreciate what you are doing, I wouldn't force a VU to install on someone's PC... A notification that a new version has been released should suffice?

The app on Windows 10 is constantly crashing whenever I clicks inside the window.
I will need more information to figure out your problem.

- Does it just close or are there any errors?
- Have you used it before in previous version?
- What version of Win 10 are you using?

@slazor Would it be possible to make the overlay adjustable in opacity, and to make the font sizeable?

@slazor Would it be possible to make the overlay adjustable in opacity, and to make the font sizeable?
Unsure about the overlay opacity, but I think it is doable.
There are plans to add custom css support so you can do whatever you want style wise in the overlay.

Unsure about the overlay opacity, but I think it is doable.
There are plans to add custom css support so you can do whatever you want style wise in the overlay.
Make it simple...as in easy enough so that even I can do it.

I will need more information to figure out your problem.

- Does it just close or are there any errors?
- Have you used it before in previous version?
- What version of Win 10 are you using?
It closes automatically and don't shows any error
First time using it
Windows 10 Pro version 21H2

Thank you for fixing the overlay , making it moveable and stable.

I have found that switching from one weapon to another , by changing the dropdown menu does not change the weapon cost.
I had to turn the program off and restart it , to achieve a new weapon cost.

It closes automatically and don't shows any error
First time using it
Windows 10 Pro version 21H2
That is odd. I tested a bit on a recently up-to-date Windows 10 install yesterday without issues.

Thank you for fixing the overlay , making it moveable and stable.

I have found that switching from one weapon to another , by changing the dropdown menu does not change the weapon cost.
I had to turn the program off and restart it , to achieve a new weapon cost.
Is there any special way you are doing this? I just tested this in various ways and I can't seem to break it 🤔
Maybe I need to test in Windows

Suggestion about new info that could be added to stats and the overlay info
Avg cost/mob & Avg loot/mob
Calculation:
Total Cost / Amount of kills
Total Loot / Amount of kills

I do it manually on excel but it would be epic to see it automatically with the tool ;)

That is odd. I tested a bit on a recently up-to-date Windows 10 install yesterday without issues.

Is there any special way you are doing this? I just tested this in various ways and I can't seem to break it 🤔
Maybe I need to test in Windows
Ok , I can't seem to repeat it.

Maybe I should take up drinking again.

I was using 0.8.0 portable, and when I ran it today - I received the notification of 0.9.0 would be installed when I exit the program, which it did... I also see 0.9.0 still has a portable option on GitHub.
While I enjoy the app and appreciate what you are doing, I wouldn't force a VU to install on someone's PC... A notification that a new version has been released should suffice?
I would like to elaborate on this, as I noticed v0.9.0 auto-updated to v0.9.1 get rid of auto-update (lol)

I think auto-updating programs are, in general, a good thing. The issue I had is that I was using a portable version, which then force installed the program on my system. The reason I went with portable was to try out the program. I really like it, so in the end, I do not mind that it is installed now and would like to see it still auto-update, now that it is actually installed. One less thing to look after.

The better choice, in my opinion, would be to notify the portable version users that there is a new release/update and leave the auto-update on (or a toggle to let the user choose) for the people that have it installed already.

Thanks again for your work and I hope I didn't offend you in post #36

I would like to elaborate on this, as I noticed v0.9.0 auto-updated to v0.9.1 get rid of auto-update (lol)

I think auto-updating programs are, in general, a good thing. The issue I had is that I was using a portable version, which then force installed the program on my system. The reason I went with portable was to try out the program. I really like it, so in the end, I do not mind that it is installed now and would like to see it still auto-update, now that it is actually installed. One less thing to look after.

The better choice, in my opinion, would be to notify the portable version users that there is a new release/update and leave the auto-update on (or a toggle to let the user choose) for the people that have it installed already.

Thanks again for your work and I hope I didn't offend you in post #36
v0.9.1 has not removed the auto update completely, but will give a notice when an update is available which the user need to confirm. This is a better way to deal with it, then to silently install updates in the background without the users consent.
- deb/portable will get a notice but requires the user download it manually.
- installable/appimage will auto update with the users consent.

The portable release was never supposed to support automatic updates from my understanding of the auto update library in use. The fact that it downloaded and installed not the portable, but the installable version was really confusing and something I had not noticed since I am not running Windows. Good that you caught it. 👍

Here I am back again with a more ambitious feature suggestion :)

Is it possible to implement a search feature?
Specifically, I think it would be useful to be able to enter an item name as a keyword and have all sessions/runs that it appears in listed.
I envision it to be similar to how "Session history" is on the left menu, with results similarly listed on the right. This would be useful in filtering wave items and high MU items in particular, as well as rares, etc. It may also prove useful for Attributes and Skills.

Also, it seems if you have a run that contains only Vibrant Sweat, and you try to load it, the program will turn blank and can receive the following error when reopening:

Unhandled Promise Rejection
Error: ERR_FAILED (-2) loading 'file:///C:/Users/______/AppData/Local/Programs/Entropia Tally/resources/app.asar/public/index.html'
at rejectAndCleanup (node:electron/js2c/browser_init:161:7486)
at Object.stopLoadingListener (node:electron/js2c/browser_init:161:7861)
at Object.emit (node:events:394:28)

Here I am back again with a more ambitious feature suggestion :)

Is it possible to implement a search feature?
Specifically, I think it would be useful to be able to enter an item name as a keyword and have all sessions/runs that it appears in listed.
I envision it to be similar to how "Session history" is on the left menu, with results similarly listed on the right. This would be useful in filtering wave items and high MU items in particular, as well as rares, etc. It may also prove useful for Attributes and Skills.
Certainly something I can keep in mind. But will not be something I build in the near future.

Also, it seems if you have a run that contains only Vibrant Sweat, and you try to load it, the program will turn blank and can receive the following error when reopening:

Unhandled Promise Rejection
Error: ERR_FAILED (-2) loading 'file:///C:/Users/______/AppData/Local/Programs/Entropia Tally/resources/app.asar/public/index.html'
at rejectAndCleanup (node:electron/js2c/browser_init:161:7486)
at Object.stopLoadingListener (node:electron/js2c/browser_init:161:7861)
at Object.emit (node:events:394:28)
I will take a look.

---

My plan going forward is to add as many suggestions as I find time and motivation to do before Easter Mayhem.

After that there will be a longer duration without any non-bugfix releases where I will focus on the v1.0 release by doing a major code refactor and UI update to accommodate all features added to the project since the first public release. This to make sure the v1.0 release has a nice and clean base to add more features on after.

Finding a way to add a tagger and or finisher would be great.

Then you will probably be happy with the next release.
This may not have been as simple as first expected. It looks like Entropia is hijacking all keyboard shortcuts on Windows which I can't seem to find a way around. 😟
I can not even use my Windows key while the game is in focus, only alt+tab 🤔

This may not have been as simple as first expected. It looks like Entropia is hijacking all keyboard shortcuts on Windows which I can't seem to find a way around. 😟
I have an old tracking software released by someone in the past that was developed through AutoIT in there it works to detect the hotkeys you press but I think that software is constantly listening to all the keys on your keyboard while the tool is running. That probably the only way to make it work I guess? But then anti virus would maybe detect it as virus I reckon. If you're interested in the app let me know and I will send you source.

I have an old tracking software released by someone in the past that was developed through AutoIT in there it works to detect the hotkeys you press but I think that software is constantly listening to all the keys on your keyboard while the tool is running. That probably the only way to make it work I guess? But then anti virus would maybe detect it as virus I reckon. If you're interested in the app let me know and I will send you source.
I see. I would like to avoid adding anything out of the ordinary or intrusive like that.
Maybe something to look deeper into in the future. It could be possible to do it on the CLI level of the tracker perhaps. 🤔

But for the upcoming release I think it will have to suffice with the ability to change weapon from the overlay if you are using Windows.

That is a bummer , but I appreciate your effort and especially to keep it non intrusive.

Is there a way to maybe add a switch on the overlay , something that goes between the 2 , just a thought.

That is a bummer , but I appreciate your effort and especially to keep it non intrusive.

Is there a way to maybe add a switch on the overlay , something that goes between the 2 , just a thought.
This is what I have added so far.
index.php

Would it help if I added an option to cycle through each weapon one-by-one when you click instead?

index.php

Would it help if I added an option to cycle through each weapon one-by-one when you click instead?
Hmmm that's a good question.

i think the dropdown you show is best because it would be faster , just might be a trial and error thing.

But I am excited to see a workaround.

index.php

This seems like it's a nice alternative.
A pause/start button below the timer would be great as well. In cases where you are doing a big hunting run and want to refine something. If you forget to pause (like I do all the time) it will count as looted items. Alternatively everything that can be refined or most common animal hides could be added and excluded like universal ammo? On other planets the most common hide to refine is animal hide especially on Arkadia, you sorta have to refine it every 30 min or something.

Back