Losing connection roughly every 6 to 10 mins

I have the same problem fo 2-3 months now

i send several suport cases and try almost everything i know but still nothing

the most times i play less than 5 mins and my record is 30 mins

i thought that i only had this problem and was something wrong on my pc/rooter etc but now i see that many others r in the same possition

MA have to find a solution to this mysterius disconnections

anyone seeing an improvement after the update ?

Unfortunately my disconnecs are back.

Here is what I did:

The disconnects have resumed. Here is a list what I did in terms of changing options and assigning hotkeys.

Let the game run after the reset for 30 minutes

Enabled aim mode in options

30 min stable

Keymap: F9 unequip tool (tab key)

20 min stable

Keymap: F9 Sollomate Opalo with 101 Amp attached (key 1, not numpad)

20 min stable

Keymap: F9 Fap-28 (key 5)

20 min stable

Keymap: F8 unequip tool (tab key)
Keymap: F8 Sweat-tool (key 1)

20 min stable

Keymap: F8 auto use tool (key 2)
Keymap: F9 auto use tool (key 0 zero)

30 min stable

Keymap: F9 Riker UL1 (l) with 102 Amp attached (key 2)

30 min stable

Keymap: F9 Mf-212 (l) (key 7)

30 min stable

Keymap: F9 Extractor EE/01 (key 8)

30 min stable

Keymap: F9 Vivo T1 (key 6)

50 min stable

Keymap: F8 Omegaton M2100 (key 3)

----> disconnect

After this I am getting disconnects again on a regular basis (every few minutes)

Edit: This was sent to supprt aswell

I don't even have the motivation to log back in after this update... :confused:

HI,

Support did reset my account and everything works fine now BUT..

Thay say dont use coustom Key mapping this is very bad when sweating for 4 hours and no autotool ;D

Regards.
Lana

I got some problems with Win Xp,wifi and freezes, so looks like different case. But regularity was the same. TCP/IP patch helped.

HI,

Support did reset my account and everything works fine now BUT..

Thay say dont use coustom Key mapping this is very bad when sweating for 4 hours and no autotool ;D

Regards.
Lana

Same told to me, but after I reset all to default and than add keys like described all worked fine since three days now. I figured out a difference between the settings of my wifes account (she has the problem again after one day). I did not add any Desktop Icon, she does. So maybe that is one of the problems which causes the error.

Support told me, that it will be a long way to go to solves this problem and any further information from PPL will be usefull. So it will be a good idea to report *any* thing that is maybe related to this issue to the Supportteam.

I figured out a difference between the settings of my wifes account (she has the problem again after one day). I did not add any Desktop Icon, she does. So maybe that is one of the problems which causes the error.

That seems to be it!, thanks for posting. I guess it should be the same for everybody, but who knows...

Had this irritating bug before, and then fixed it with resetting my keymapping from ingame menu. Now it came back for no apparent reason (see note), and when I play at my friends place (with my pc) its not there. When I come home its there. So I tried this time without any mapping to the desktop, just keyboard, and I`ve not been kicked from the server. :)

Note: I did the mapping to desktop at my friends place, which works fine. Back at home, no go.

So what at my location (modem, router etc) makes "the 6 minutbug" is hard to say... I guess MA can (should) help to work it out.

But Im so happy to find what seems to pin it. EF rules :laugh: Danton too :wtg:

Same thing here.
Support said: "Keybinding issues"

I don't have any desktop icons, so the problem is not there (for me).
Removed all hotkeys previously placed on F9-12, Ins/Del/PgUp/PgDn, NumLock part of the keyboard.
Only left the hotkeys on the base sector of the keyboard - the numbers and letters.

So far it works. Had 10+ hours ingame without single disconnect. I feel reborn :D

Ok, i have got a avatar settings reset, and im ok for now, but im sticking to default keys and have only added my fap and gun so far. Its a bug with custom keys as far as i can see....

for anyone slowly adding keys, i reccomend a minimum cool down period of 2 hours stable gameplay before adding a new key. if possible leave it a day or so.

on my first reset i added all keys back, played happily all night, few relogs and it wasnt till the next day i got the bug back.

so for me im adding one key a day minimum and seeing how that goes.

currently have a isis lr 53 on 2 and a emt kit 2600 on 3 and ive had just short of a week stable gameplay.

Last edited:
I can also confirm this issue now. It seems to be data packet related to the key shortcuts.

I have reseted to default and only added 4 hotkeys to hunt. This worked stable during the WoF hunt.

At least we know what's causing it now. ;)

did you reset to defult ingame or via support?

It's enough to reset by yourself. No need to let reset form support.
It's stable here for more than a week now. Have added several weapons and items on shortcuts without problem.

Another way is, only adding items to the "general" keyboard, which can be found in edit-mode *before* keyboard1. This is the way my wife had tried out and it is working for here.

It's enough to reset by yourself. No need to let reset form support.
It's stable here for more than a week now. Have added several weapons and items on shortcuts without problem.

Another way is, only adding items to the "general" keyboard, which can be found in edit-mode *before* keyboard1. This is the way my wife had tried out and it is working for here.

ok thanks,

hope youve reported those findings to support...

:D

Yes I have...

All this seems to be information package related. I suspect that with the less keys mapped possible it will always work. I will now try to remove all mapped keys even after default settings to see what happens and then I build it new from scratch... see how it goes.. :ahh:

Yes I have...

All this seems to be information package related. I suspect that with the less keys mapped possible it will always work. I will now try to remove all mapped keys even after default settings to see what happens and then I build it new from scratch... see how it goes.. :ahh:

I am not sure understanding you right, but if you are talking about packet-size:

The package size submitted over TCP is according to MTU (configureable at routersettings) and it's always the same. Normaly 1492 (Ethernet V2 frame format)

Well the crash must be caused by too much data traveling between your game and MA servers...

Storing this information into MA Database is like a SQL-Query. There are much more information that will be stored directly to MA Database during a hunt, crafting session or mining, as simply store the keysettings.

We can guess around this thing, but nobody knows exactly the serverconfig. Maybe Avatars are not all stored at same database (which would be a good idea anyway) and one of them has problems. But thats guessing only :)

Storing this information into MA Database is like a SQL-Query. There are much more information that will be stored directly to MA Database during a hunt, crafting session or mining, as simply store the keysettings.

We can guess around this thing, but nobody knows exactly the serverconfig. Maybe Avatars are not all stored at same database (which would be a good idea anyway) and one of them has problems. But thats guessing only :)

Noones guessing around anything, MA have clearly stated that you need to slowly enable your keybindings and tell them if any trigger the bug again. If your not reporting your findings back to them its your ownfalt you havent a clue.

Its clear its the Keybindings because if you do a avatar restet and play on defult keys you dont get the bug.

Noones guessing around anything, MA have clearly stated that you need to slowly enable your keybindings and tell them if any trigger the bug again. If your not reporting your findings back to them its your ownfalt you havent a clue.

Its clear its the Keybindings because if you do a avatar restet and play on defult keys you dont get the bug.

I know and you can be sure all what has to do with this failure is reported to MA Support.
But that was not what I am talking about. I have answered to Ajack10600 who thought it has to do with amount of data that will be submitted to MA Server. And I don't think so. :)

I think this problem is related with server recording our changes. This last saturday the bug come back again I was at PA runing to Swamp Camp. Now what cause this? I just use keys that are already free and one menu only (F5) and the numbers from 1-9 for guns and faps. Had this bug last year few weeks after vu10 release, now its back again, MA already reseted my ava but i m affraid to go ingame. :confused:

Ok well yesterday I played with settings a bit.

I set to default again, logged out. logged in, removed all the mappings on F keys and keyboard relating to F keys.

I logged out, and back in...

I crashed again..

So it's not about the amount of mapped keys or anything the like...

Anything that deviates from standard settings seems to cause a problem.

Will keep playing with this.

Ok well yesterday I played with settings a bit.

I set to default again, logged out. logged in, removed all the mappings on F keys and keyboard relating to F keys.

I logged out, and back in...

I crashed again..

So it's not about the amount of mapped keys or anything the like...

Anything that deviates from standard settings seems to cause a problem.

Will keep playing with this.

So possibly one or more of the keys not on the standard layout?

Hmm that wouldnt explain why you crashed then tho...

I did not add any Desktop Icon, she does. So maybe that is one of the problems which causes the error.

Been playing for a while now and no bug. JIHAAAA :p
(Ive not been adding any desktop icons).

BUT, if I try to map finders, teleportchip etc. to "0", "+" or "," - connection is lost after 6 minuts of doing it. (been trying to do just one, but no cigar)

Got weapons and faps mapped to numpad and "insert" "home" "page up" and those.
Next I think ill try to add finders to unused numpads. Ill report back here.

Dont yall think support (or those hopefully working on this issue) should be having this thread bookmarked? I think so..

Hello,
as the title suggests I am losing my connection to Entropia every 6 to 10 minutes.
I am usually directly hooked to the modem and was playing just fine (some odd crash every now and then, but nothing connection related).

I have a few weeks off now and am staying at a different place where I only have access to the internet via a router, and am now losing connection very often.
I have (late at night when noone else was online) hooked my computer directly to the modem instead of the router. Then i was playing just fine without connection losses.
This lead me to believe the problem was the router. Next thing I checked the firewall (software and router) and made sure none of the ports were blocked. I then forewarded all the necessary ports directly to my pc (no interference from the router at all). I was still getting disconnects.

I then asked a friend to log in from my computer just to see if was having the same problems. Turned out he was playing just fine, no disconnects for about an hour.

This left me a bit confused :scratch2:

The thing is he is hooked to a router aswell at his place. I then tried to log in with my account at his place (with router) and was getting disconnects there aswell while he was playing just fine.

Could this problem be account related? Like MA keeping records of packet loss linked to account? And if you have higher packet loss than usual you get kicked?

I am out of Ideas, any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Salo

What type of connection do you have? Are you on DSL or Cable? If you are on DSL, is your modem set to connect on demand, or always on (something to either effect). Connect on Demand will often cause disconnections while playing MMOs, as alot of passive traffic is generated that the modem does not recognize as active calls.

To check this, on the bottom of your DSL modem there should be an IP address 192.168.xxx.xxx or 10.xxx.xxx.xxx. Put that address into your browser. You'll be prompted with a logon screen. Its usually the password to your DSL service. From there youre on your own, as all these things are unique depending on modem brand, software version, etc.

Alot of ISP's have set their systems up to default to connect on demand in order to conserve bandwidth. Its something to be aware of.

Sometimes cable providers (like Comcast) do this too. Its really annoying.

------------------

Another thing to try:

go to start, find run, and type cmd. Then at the command prompt type ping www.google.com -t Check your packet loss. If you have high packet loss there may be a problem with your hardware in the house, your modem may be flaking out, or you may have a problem your ISP needs to deal with. Get on the phone with them first. If they dont see any problems, replace your cables, and see if something improves. Last thing you wanna do is try to flash the firmware of your router. If the router is flaking out this could kill it! Be prepared to buy a new router in this instance!

------------------

Another thing to try

Scan your system for spyware/malware that could be sucking up your bandwidth. It happens!

------------------

Another thing to try

Make sure your firewall is properly configured to allow traffic to and from EU. I dont know the ports offhand, but the test is simple. Turn all firewall and antivirus software off, also turn your firewall off on your router. If the game works, your firewall is the problem. Turn each system on one by one, and test at each stage. When it starts to fail, youve found the problem!

Okay after reading most of the threads in here, i want to add my two pec

I too have been talking to support about this very issue.

What i dont understand is why you guys are missing in the first Post is that one avatar can play on one computer with no issue and another avatar on the same computer with issue !

This should automatically rule out internet connection and place the blame firmly on Database errors which makes sense since it is usually ~6-10 mins then Disconnection this would be the time that you avatar is syncing with the Database and erroring and as a safety measure or way of protecting the Database your disconnected.

and yes i do think its to do with key-bindings also.

Postie.

Back