Ma Gifts

Should Xfire/MA prizes be notrade nodrop items?

• yes

Votes: 32 34.0%
  • no

Votes: 62 66.0%

• Total voters

Level

Elite
I'm really pissed off that MA gave items worth from 1000 to 4000 ped FOR NOTHING? do you know that you can get 4k peds for nothing? you just need to login to Xfire chat...and after session write post: "Naah...I will unninstal Xfire..."
and you will still get 4k peds...400$ just for nothing...

MindArk is doing everything wrong and I have no idea how to tell it them...is there any way to contact them and tell that sometinhg is wrong?

GIFTS SHOULD BE NO-TRADE/NO-DROP ITEMS, SO YOU CANNOT SELL THIS OR TT OR THROW AWAY !!!

What do you think? Vote!

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/general-discussion/98709-anyone-had-their-xfire-prize.html

indeed see the barets MA gave us, some freakin resellers bought them up @ PA for 5 PED, and went into Twin to sell for +40

Thats pure hassle if you ask me!

I still have mine cuz it fits the Coat!

If you're talking about the xfire prices - no and I don't see why.

It was a competition, everyone was competing on equal terms and I don't see why the winner should have restrictions as to why they can't do whatever they wish with their prize.

Edit:

I'm really pissed off that MA gave items worth from 1000 to 4000 ped FOR NOTHING? do you know that you can get 4k peds for nothing? you just need to login to Xfire chat...and after session write post: "Naah...I will unninstal Xfire..."
and you will still get 4k peds...400$ just for nothing...

Your example is flawed and silly. There were only a few winners out of about 200 people participating. Why are you pissed? Because you didn't win? I didn't win and I don't care, or at least I don't make a pointless thread about it to tell everyone how pissed I am that someone else won and I didn't. As far as I know it's not a prize from MA but one from xfire, to lure people into using their product.

Last edited:
Do i detect sour grapes here? I wonder if this thread would exist if you won an Xfire prize:rolleyes:

It was a competition, everyone was competing on equal terms and I don't see why the winner should have restrictions as to why they can't do whatever they wish with their prize.

Agreed tbh.

meh, kinda saw such kind of a thread coming.
the event itself was the chat, the prizes were a bonus from a raffle(lottery).cant see anything wrong in a lottery.and it's not like there weren't events on EF too where you could win lotsa ped by doing nothing(you know...the "guess the random number" events).
hope you'll get over this soon mate.

If you're talking about the xfire prices - no and I don't see why.

Yarrrp... Did you take part in the Xfire chat Level? There were 15 prizes (IIRC) for over 200 people. It was a simple raffle, that's all. Why shouldn't MA hold a raffle to try and stir up interest in either the game or the developer's chat?

indeed see the barets MA gave us, some freakin resellers bought them up @ PA for 5 PED, and went into Twin to sell for +40

Thats pure hassle if you ask me!

I still have mine cuz it fits the Coat!
and u just had to buy all the berets he was selling? no one forces ppl to buy this stuff so why care?

Heh... you're pissed because you didn't read the price list and took time to try join the chat or what?

The approximate worth of the prices were announced with the chat, and sure, you can argue it was a bit much of prices for a developer chat, but isn't that mostly MA/xfires problem? (I'm pretty sure a lot of this money came from xfire, as a promotion effort)

Then you can argue xfire did a bad business move, and yet another f-up but where is the news in that? :p

I don´t like Xfire, I didn´t parttake at this competion, I don´t care if someone won a nice price parttaking at this event.

There is no I don´t care option at this poll!

There is a lot of yes votes, but I have still not seen any real argument for why?

Anyone who vote yes that would care to explain? :)

Why does it matter to you?
Why should gifts not be as useful?
Its not like the value of them will affect your return or anything, they probably spend more money on coffee.
Some of the value will just be back into the lootpool anyhow, so the gift indirectly benefits everyone. (Added value to the universe)

I dont agree, there should be non restrictions on any prize won..

i didnt voted because i dont care but i think it would be better if u dont sell your gifts on your own .. i mean i never sell or throw away gifts in game as irl i mean its for free and free things are good ^^

well do you see any "non-tradeable" objects IRL?
as Marco has stated (and I agree) there cannot be non-tradeable objects since it wouldnt fit inside the free market there is in Entropia

This was a rather silly thread ._.

Last edited:
I certainly wouldn't sell anything I could use myself :)
But what use would I have for some uber ore finder or something, then its much better I sell it and let someone who can use it decay it.

well do you see any "non-tradeable" objects IRL?

hmm RL human dung? secondhand toiletpaper? hm but im sure i could sell that on ebay ... so no there are no nontradeable items IRL :(

:D

hmm RL human dung? secondhand toiletpaper? hm but im sure i could sell that on ebay ... so no there are no nontradeable items IRL :(

:D

well they are still tradeable? :rolleyes: i mean they might be as hard to sell as EU dung buuut...
lol
sell to a farmer to put on his fields :D

I already made a few posts and a thread where I regret the course MA is going. This is a perfect example of how the "second wave" will be (already is actually).
I wasn't there for gold, but if you would draw a timeline of EU in a few years you'll see following milestones:
- Pre-Gold
- PE
- CND & CP (MA gets a taste of ***)
- EU (the prelude of limited gear, end of pedloots, softening the game and making it more atractive for the game-inustry)
- End of the first wave (MA eats itself an indigestion of ***)

In the distance of retrospect you will see what you where in the middle off

Just so you guys know there are reasons for selling the prizes. I got a crafting prize and my crafting level is 0(I am still going to craft some though, just because I got this prize). Would it make sense for me to use up high markup ores when I could get lyst and oil and get more skills? The people selling the prizes are not going to withdraw the money, we just want to buy gear better suited for us. If any of the prizes were like the unlimited Outman gun no way I would sell it, but none of these items were unique(not a complaint just an example). I will admit the prizes were a bit more then I was expecting, but it shows MA is not as greedy as everyone thought, right?

Just so you guys know there are reasons for selling the prizes. I got a crafting prize and my crafting level is 0(I am still going to craft some though, just because I got this prize). Would it make sense for me to use up high markup ores when I could get lyst and oil and get more skills? The people selling the prizes are not going to withdraw the money, we just want to buy gear better suited for us. If any of the prizes were like the unlimited Outman gun no way I would sell it, but none of these items were unique(not a complaint just an example). I will admit the prizes were a bit more then I was expecting, but it shows MA is not as greedy as everyone thought, right?

could you tell us what was your crafting gift?

One of this CES Events dropped a lot resources as price (Rugariz, Platin, Dunkel). If you never did any crafting, would you risk to click away some thousand PED in resources without a real chance of a success or would you sell it to a crafter that has use for it. You may buy ammo and gear that you may have use for instead of loosing it all.

Selling a price or gift isn´t a wrong thing if you don´t have use for it!

Does it matter? He isn´t a crafter so why should he keep crafting resource?

Do i detect sour grapes here? I wonder if this thread would exist if you won an Xfire prize:rolleyes:

I agree with this.. jealousy and ranting because you didn't get anything is pretty childish.

I do, however think that gifts from MA should be non-tradable. In the case of the xfire prizes, where there gifts were standard items, as was stated at the end of the chat, I don't see complaining about it being very productive.

I already posted exactly what I got on the other xfire thread, screenshots and all. In general I got 2 100 click rocket launcher bps (not sure if I will use them, due to my low skills and the bps high cost), some alice, blau, oil, garc, belk and zinc. I tried making sensors but that was a failure so after a few 100 clicks I put the alice and garc on auction, bought some lyst and started doing dampers.

very nice post ... +rep .

I've been one of the 3 ppl to receive the Crafting Kit ( not Deluxe ;) )

As i see the BP and ores/matters are different from mine... :eek:

i will probably make a thead about it under achievements with Screenies , cause i'm very happy that i can finally buy some nice armor plates and guns and a better FAP ( probably 90 or 110 ) to keep playing.

And yes this is my Highest Uber HOF to date and happy for it ...

i've been in the chat , i did some good questions and got answers for all the community ....

So i got my gifts .. where is the problem with that? ..

I'm playing 2.5 years and never had anything better than 1.7k ..

I deserve it much more than 1 week players who get a tower with TT finder or uber HOF 3-8 K peds on Atrox Young ...

PERIOD

Demonikos :tiphat:

MA Gifts
should be tradeble but not for noobs(1month after start/login or so)
or?:D

Just a quick point to those who have English as a 2nd language:

price = cost of something
prize = what you win in a competition

:)

MA Gifts
should be tradeble but not for noobs(1month after start/login or so)
or?:D

To get a early prize, global or hof can be the reason some people play this game if you are a noob and get a first wave beret worth 1 ped you get the feeling that MA cares and you think they are nice.

If you get a global or hof at swamp camp you think you are on the way to a fast uberness and will give it youre best to do get it again.

If you never get enything and get stuck sweating you get bored and never get around doing that first deposit.

Its important to get something new or old in EU, why do you think we get x-mas gifts it´s just to ceep all the players happy. I think the gifts are fun, may be wortless but a nice gesture and they do not have to be worthless for the noobs who needs the peds. Further on when you have been playing for a while a silly hat sold at PA for 4 ped will be nothing for you, but for a noob it´s a Opalo.

Back