FYI: MA taxes our claims imo

eddric

Stalker
Society
Jurai Blood
eddric massive slasher
ye, after hitting quite a few XIIs with 48-49 pedders with lvl 7 amps, I began to think if MA is taxing our claims.

cant be a coincidence, too numerous to be just "luck"... discuss

XII's (Large) have range of 35 - 49. And?

Hm, sry I don´t get it, just because u basically get no swirlies at 35-49.99 PED u think they have a tax?:eek:

XIIs are pretty common with L7 amps in my experience. With L8 amps they'd be little XIII globals.

And yes, MA taxes all our activities at a rate of about 10%, that's how they make money.

XII is a nice claim, be happy with it! :D

XII are a nice claim and even bether when it's allmost a small global! i'm allways happy when i hit a XII even if it's only a 36 pedder! if MA didn't make peds by taxing our mining then everyone would mine and then no profit to MA, the game woulden't last long then

depends on two thing - you can get many "small" XIII´s in a row with it, as well as "full" XII´s
- state of server (if its hot you are very likely globaling, if not, you are getting mostly XII´s)
- your cycle (good period = mostly globals, low period = XIIs )

Just mine with one type of amp for a long period, you will notice small differences in tt quality of claims.

Average claim size is about 3X what you drop: 1 ped on ores = IV-V, .50 on entmatter = II-III.

+ 3 ped per drop from lvl 7 amps=
4 ped on ores = IX-X
3.5 ped on ents = VIII-IX.

If you are hitting xii, that's about a 3X-5X multiplier, about equivalent of hitting an viii-ix unamped. I get these about once very 30-50 drops.

To hit a global unamped, you need a 20X multiplier. As you know, getting a global roll is pretty rare.

ye, after hitting quite a few XIIs with 48-49 pedders with lvl 7 amps, I began to think if MA is taxing our claims.

cant be a coincidence, too numerous to be just "luck"... discuss

So what you are saying is..... MA gets money from us playing this game?

4f2d27b992a2a_tumblr_lvrp8bU9AV1qibz0jo1_500.png

pfft....I laugh at the irrevelant "you dont say???" replies here....I KNOW MA makes money from every action in game nearly, but here it basically shows me playerbase know very little about mining...I am on more delicate and smaller facts ( success lies on small facts).

that is not our subject, it is me never ever ever finding a claim size X on Calypso with ores with OF-105, so how does a lvl 7 amp make XIII? thats the question... is my find on ground IX unamped or X?

I say I never hit X on planet unamped or amped with OF-105 on ores... so eliminate X, so maybe you have some saying about how I get XIIIs with lvl 7?

new amps confuse me still...after burning tons of them. I guess amps loot pool is a little different for MA( there are quotas, limitations)

is it +3 or +4 modifier? I guess its +4 cause mostly I find IXs(regular Vs)

the closest reply here revelant to subject is one of the posts saying I may be in bad loot period, or bad server time choosing

From what Ive noticed, everything has a variance to it and as your skill increases/ equipment matches your skill, the variance moves to the upper spectrum, of course these gains are barely noticeable as you go, but in comparison do make a difference..

Example in crafting, at low skill the overall average TT on success is lower than it is when you are skilled, the range Ive noticed is less than a PED ofc over time, but it does slowly go up. I saw this from 30 attachments engineer to less than one after chip out, The average changed, a bit in that case.

You can witness this in the auction on heavily crafted items as well. The average TT values vary depending on the crafter and their skills/BP quality.

Now, Same thing goes for gear and BP's ect. Using a finder/(even amps have an optimal skill mark) that has a certain match to your skill set, and you will find an optimized return. Or in the case of BP's/crafting QR affects this. Hunting same thing, better returns on average as skill goes up, however slight, was alot more noticeable/easily gauged when we got PED in loot.

So I assume that skills and the equipment that we use are all dictated by this general formula.

Another way to look at this would be from a business standpoint of Mindark. The reason it would need to have this component to the game is to avoid the gambling accusations. You see, if Mindark can prove an increase in returns by increased skill, then it is not a luck based game.

I would guess if someone with say 10k prospecting got that claim it would no doubt have been over the 50 ped mark, as the finder/amp and the skills are generally optimal at that point.

Sorry? TT return is 90% in the long run, and many miners are going after unprofitable ores/enmatts. So, why on earth would MA have to take more than 10%? Assuming I understand correctly.

LOL some of the responses here are priceless!! :yay:

Back on topic... I would be happy with a boat load of near globals then just a few globals!! ;)

ahh bumped into this one lately; a similar approach of mine kinda, I am not trying to solve the loot pool mystery here also, but I hate being bugged too, what can I do? we engineers stop at a problem and try to solve it , I am not saying I don't hate it sometimes.

that's bugging me.

first, i did not find a single IX or XII. it's often been observed that specific combos cannot find specific sizes and is probably indicating loot classes/multipliers.

but, one should think a low (when found untaxed) X should transform into a IX when found taxed (4.3% in my sample). but it did not happen :confused: so how is tax generated if not taken from the claims...two ideas: 1) mining aint taxed (although i remember one landowner once was ableto confirm a tower being on his land due toimmediate tax receipt) or 2) tax does not apply to the find but is taken from your expenditures, ala "expenses - tax => lootpool"...

or could it be that 4.3% tax is causing non-significant variance?

I don't really understand what your problem is here. The third class of unamped mining claims gives 10.40~13.36 PED (VIII~IX), which corresponds to 41.6~53.44 PED (XII~XIII) claims with level 7 amplifiers. Therefore, getting 48~49 pedders or small globals (XIII) are all within the boundaries here.

I don't really understand what your problem is here. The third class of unamped mining claims gives 10.40~13.36 PED (VIII~IX), which corresponds to 41.6~53.44 PED (XII~XIII) claims with level 7 amplifiers. Therefore, getting 48~49 pedders or small globals (XIII) are all within the boundaries here.

Ditto this, its perfectly normal. I call this a first tier mini, or first tier above average loot size. You hit this size about 3% of your claims.

Level 7 amp = decay of 3 ped + 1 ped probe cost = 4 ped drop cost. drop/base = 4/1 = 4x multipier.

First tier minis are roughly 11x to 14x (from my own data average = 12.4x). So, with a 4 ped drop cost, one should expect 44 to 56 ped for a first tier above average loot.

In short you hit a first tier mini with a size that falls right in the middle of the expected range.

From what Ive noticed, everything has a variance to it and as your skill increases/ equipment matches your skill, the variance moves to the upper spectrum, of course these gains are barely noticeable as you go, but in comparison do make a difference..

Example in crafting, at low skill the overall average TT on success is lower than it is when you are skilled, the range Ive noticed is less than a PED ofc over time, but it does slowly go up. I saw this from 30 attachments engineer to less than one after chip out, The average changed, a bit in that case.

You can witness this in the auction on heavily crafted items as well. The average TT values vary depending on the crafter and their skills/BP quality.

Now, Same thing goes for gear and BP's ect. Using a finder/(even amps have an optimal skill mark) that has a certain match to your skill set, and you will find an optimized return. Or in the case of BP's/crafting QR affects this. Hunting same thing, better returns on average as skill goes up, however slight, was alot more noticeable/easily gauged when we got PED in loot.

So I assume that skills and the equipment that we use are all dictated by this general formula.

Another way to look at this would be from a business standpoint of Mindark. The reason it would need to have this component to the game is to avoid the gambling accusations. You see, if Mindark can prove an increase in returns by increased skill, then it is not a luck based game.

I would guess if someone with say 10k prospecting got that claim it would no doubt have been over the 50 ped mark, as the finder/amp and the skills are generally optimal at that point.

Absolutely 100% correct, noticed that myself when comparing the rookie to a 105 finder. Rookie was much more consistant with it's hitrate, 105 had a much larger variance and higher % chance to global on.

From a business sence it's all about the addiction. A rookie will get players hooked, a 105 will cause players to deposit more.

Absolutely 100% correct, noticed that myself when comparing the rookie to a 105 finder. Rookie was much more consistant with it's hitrate, 105 had a much larger variance and higher % chance to global on.

From a business sence it's all about the addiction. A rookie will get players hooked, a 105 will cause players to deposit more.

No more numbers, no more formulas, 100% correct, noticed? Comparing 0.10 pec drop with 1 ped drop?

OMFG

No more numbers, no more formulas, 100% correct, noticed? Comparing 0.10 pec drop with 1 ped drop?

OMFG

I like numbers, so sue me.

Back