MA working on Planet Michael may slow Calypso develpment

thoreau

Elite
Hiro Protagonist
SEE Virtual Worlds is the company behind the title, and they are putting all of their effort into the upcoming game. Planet Michael: The Ultimate Michael Jackson Online Game will see players completely immersed in the life of the late Michael Jackson. The product description reads that players will be able to “Make yourself a home on Planet Michael where old and new friends can appreciate the magic of his music and his commitment to spreading messages of love and peace.”

There will be a focus on completing objectives, tasks, and challenges, and players will be able to interact with other players, which includes “combat.” Unlike other MMOs out there, this time around you’ll be dancing. Squaring off another player to “win.”
http://www.slashgear.com/see-virtua...ael-jackson-online-game-is-real-mmo-21103563/

The way I read that is that MA needs to add game mechanics that don't currently exist. For example, dancing pvp.

Since these mechanics would seem to only affect Planet Michael having this totally different gameplay style planet may slow the development (from a platform perspective) of Calypso.

In short, while MA is working on dancing for Planet Michael they're not working on beacons.

Sounds to me like MA need to expand their workforce massively....

So many planets asking for new things, so many systems not yet back. The list of things for MA to do is getting longer and longer.

For every planet specific system not implemented there's a company losing out of revenue. MA haven't even been able to provide NDS with all the necessary systems yet...*

The problems only gonna get worse, unless MA pull their finger out.

* http://www.neverdie.com/neverdie-studios/4274-rocktropia-systems.html

They could just can MJ all together. Gives the entire platform a bad rep. allowing a pedophiles name to get attached to the game.

Keep in mind that all stuff MA develops will be available to all planets. So if MA designs a system for MJ planet that will also be available on Calypso. Good examples would be vehicles, tiering system, MF etc.

Keep in mind that all stuff MA develops will be available to all planets. So if MA designs a system for MJ planet that will also be available on Calypso. Good examples would be vehicles, tiering system, MF etc.

Do you really want dance PVP?

They could just can MJ all together. Gives the entire platform a bad rep. allowing a pedophiles name to get attached to the game.

He wasn`t a pedophile. Those allegations were never proven. Just a big media circus and few parents hungry for money that turned it all into pile of garbage. People just fed on some mainstream media BS without knowing or caring for any facts. Only thing it managed to do was depress the shit out of some tortured soul and bring about his death from an overdose of anti-depressant medication.

Not exactly true.

Planet Partners have the OPTION to use all the systems, or ban some from use on their planets. And i really hope we won't see moonwalk on Calypso, especially since they want to promote the fact that they are offering different games on the same platform...

Not exactly true.

Planet Partners have the OPTION to use all the systems, or ban some from use on their planets. And i really hope we won't see moonwalk on Calypso, especially since they want to promote the fact that they are offering different games on the same platform...

Why the hell not. We already have pongo and other retarded dancing BS. :laugh:

He wasn`t a pedophile. Those allegations were never proven. Just a big media circus and few parents hungry for money that turned it all into pile of garbage. People just fed on some mainstream media BS without knowing or caring for any facts. Only thing it managed to do was depress the shit out of some tortured soul and bring about his death from an overdose of anti-depressant medication.

MJ wanted to go to court to defend those charges. His lawyers told him that he should pay them off. The only reason your lawyers are going to tell you not to go to court is if you can not win. So reading between the lines, his lawyers knew the evidence against him could not be refuted in court. And if he wasn't a pedophile why would he invite children to sleep-over at his house?

MJ wanted to go to court to defend those charges. His lawyers told him that he should pay them off. The only reason your lawyers are going to tell you not to go to court is if you can not win. So reading between the lines, his lawyers knew the evidence against him could not be refuted in court. And if he wasn't a pedophile why would he invite children to sleep-over at his house?

Yeah, makes sense. Hungry parents got the dough and decided to back off, right.

If the children of say dozens of parents had been sexually abused do you really think those parents would have just backed off for some money? If they really knew those claims had some truth in `em they would have sticked to their guns to see the guy behind bars.

Yeah, makes sense. Hungry parents got the dough and decided to back off, right.

If the children of say dozens of parents would be sexually abused do you really think those parents would have just backed off for some money? If they really knew those claims had some truth in `em they would have sticked to their guns to see the guy behind bars.

And force their children to recount over and over again during a long drawn out trial what that sicko did to them? I don't exactly approve of them taking money either. Point remains though, MJ preyed on children from poor backgrounds, hoping that his actions could be forgiven for money. Frankly I think the doctor accused of killing MJ should be getting a medal. He did what those parents should have done.

The way I read that is that MA needs to add game mechanics that don't currently exist. For example, dancing pvp.

wouldn't they just use the MindForce system, each dance being a different chip.

i wouldn't read too much into it. MA is not beholden to the planets, Calypso, Jackson, Next Island or Arkadia. notice the development of the inter-age transportation for NI? no?

anyway, its not that complex. "dance" attacks are just animations, combined with a reimplementation of mindforce.

im far more interested in how they will promote the "message of love and peace" along side the "thoreau killed a creature (Cyber Street Vixen) with a value of 189..." messages in chat. if we think the Calypso and Rocktropia/NI worlds jar against each other, imagine how they will (not) work against the the supposed utopia of MJ?

Mikass, you cant deny that this is the view a big part of the world have no matter if it's true or not, ok?

Otoko, even tho I agree with you could we stop this thread from becoming a personal war?

wouldn't they just use the MindForce system, each dance being a different chip.

hmmmm so Star could Moonwalk on you instead of tap dance after he pwn's you in pvp....with MF...:laugh:

Do you really want dance PVP?

In short yes.

Planet Michael is about promoting peace. So instead of shooting each other it can be fun to have dance battles. This is nothing new or extraordinary been going on for a long time. For example if you look at the history of Break Dancing you'll see this quite clearly. Break dancing evolved from the streets of Harlem in NYC where the other alternatives would have been gun/knife fights etc. Certainly better to fight it out like civilized people via dancing rather than guns.

On the other side of the spectrum there are tv competitions based around dancing e.g.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/strictlycomedancing/

So why is it so wrong to have a dance based competition in a game? or indeed on Planet Michael?

Also this Dance system while it may not be too useful on Calypso except maybe as a fun element on some other planets like Rocktropia a dance battle system is essential.

And force their children to recount over and over again during a long drawn out trial what that sicko did to them? I don't exactly approve of them taking money either. Point remains though, MJ preyed on children from poor backgrounds, hoping that his actions could be forgiven for money. Frankly I think the doctor accused of killing MJ should be getting a medal. He did what those parents should have done.

As you can clearly see there are many angles to approach this.
Keep in mind that suing people for money is national sport in the US.

Guy was a very well known philanthropist. Did it ever occur to you he maybe wanted to help those kids as he reportedly had a joyless childhood(being on tours whole time) and trying maybe to make amends giving them a free playground.

Also, I find pretty funny the greed of all those parents. Don`t you find it funny not even 1 single parent decided to refuse the money? I bet some clever lawyer saw some golden opportunity to milk nice cash and presented some greedy mofo parents with chance of a lifetime to get some easy money.

I guess however both you and me can keep on speculating cos in the end there`s not much of anything to undoubtedly prove either side of the story. However, I think we can stick to innocent `till proven guilty in the meantime.

Last edited:
On Topic:
"MA working on Planet Michael may slow Calypso's development". May slow? I personally think it's a given.

Off Topic:

If the children of say dozens of parents had been sexually abused do you really think those parents would have just backed off for some money? If they really knew those claims had some truth in `em they would have sticked to their guns to see the guy behind bars.

I have to agree; think about it... if it was your own child, wouldn't you want to see him on the Electric Chair? I know I would.

Mike, I agree that those parents are just as bad as MJ. By taking his money they made there children victims all over again. But going to take some advice and stop this now before it becomes a personal war. You think he is innocent, but you are one of very few people who feel that way. In the end popular opinion is what counts in product marketing.

Doesn't matter. Rather add nothing than more of those stupid vehicles or other useless stuff.

I just hope they work on separating the planets from the downloader.

In short yes.

Planet Michael is about promoting peace. So instead of shooting each other it can be fun to have dance battles. This is nothing new or extraordinary been going on for a long time. For example if you look at the history of Break Dancing you'll see this quite clearly. Break dancing evolved from the streets of Harlem in NYC where the other alternatives would have been gun/knife fights etc. Certainly better to fight it out like civilized people via dancing rather than guns.

On the other side of the spectrum there are tv competitions based around dancing e.g.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/strictlycomedancing/

So why is it so wrong to have a dance based competition in a game? or indeed on Planet Michael?

Also this Dance system while it may not be too useful on Calypso except maybe as a fun element on some other planets like Rocktropia a dance battle system is essential.

And you represent CK? :D Damnnnn things have changed LOL

I'm not an MJ fan but how could it slow down the Calypso development?
It seems finished (or frozen :laugh:) already, no?

Back