Making an investment to start this game

Ok.
How much you can make as a newb and how many months it will take for average IQ person to even start making some profit?

You definitely need to think outside the box.

The truth is, you need to deposit somethig. Most likelly a lot, before you can even start making something out of this game.

Yes, of course.
You need to invest money or time to profit, just like in Real Life.
That said, you will not get rich by sweating ;)

Well, I am spamming this thread, but my first post wasn't meant to tell that you cant make money at all, there's a few exceptions. Very few..
I couldn't edit my post before it was quoted..

The OP wants to make YT videos and Twitch stream. So I was just saying that it will not happen unless he will invest some real money and a lot of time. I am saying it will take months here and a few hundred dollars/euros to make his videos worth watching. Yes its possible, but only if you are a hardcore and have some spare cash. And you have nothing else to do, but play this game for 12 hours every day.

Last edited:
But please dont be telling me that you can make money in this game.

You can make money in this game. You won't do it by gambling though, and you won't do it by doing "what everyone else does". Over the past year the people who mine for me have made, on average, many times over their initial investment, some reaching profit within a few days, others taking many runs before they get the balancing hofs. I agree though, mining doesn't make for the most exciting videos unless you're big amping foma hell or underground, which is not the best for profiting.

Last edited:
... and that Ark ceo, cant remember his name was bigging it up.

Yeah. What's that goofy bastard's name, anyway? :scratch:

:wave: Hi, Dave. How's Missa and the kid?

As with real life, there are no guaranties. You need to see what markets or niches are available and fill the need.
I have been playing for about a year and am finally getting a handle on the economics and such.

To the OP, if you have enough you might look into maybe buying FOMA since it seems to be in distress. That would really provide a relatively passive income ( you would have to manage it, but that would be easier than grinding.). :D

Are you willing to Invest in some initial Cash and work from there? if so it's possible with mining

Started in 2006 and didn't deposit for like a year and made a nice profit. Nothing worth taking out but I didn't need to put money in. After that I put some cash in to update my gear and try my hand at some hard gambling. Didn't do too bad but it wasn't like the first year. Then spent two years with no deposit and again did very well. So break even isn't hard at all.

I did do another year with no deposit just recently and still did very well. Now, I just play to have as much fun on 10 to 30 usd a month. So far so good! And no, I haven't made a video on how I did it. Probably won't either.

I also know a few people in my friends list who only withdraw from this game. Last I heard, just recently, it was up to 2k usd a month. :yup: Yep, can't break even or profit from this game! :laugh:

What you need is a good mentor, and about $100 a month for at least a couple months, ....

This Nienko is rubbish, you might either look for a good mentor yourself or should have more carefully listened to your mentor if you had one.

The truth is, you need to deposit somethig. Most likelly a lot, before you can even start making something out of this game.

This is also not true. You CAN make PEDs and start a successful business out of nothing, even when it takes a lot of time and dedication. The key is to think outside the norms - and i don't speak about scamming or other fishy methods. People proved it can be done, even when they started playing after the big hype.

Of course it can't be done by anyone - as much as in rl not everyone can become a successful businessman. Some people got what it take, some not.

But making money is not everyone's focus. Personally i live with depositing small amounts like forever i'm playing EU. Usually i can stack it up to make gear purchases once in a while. So i got a nice stack of gear on a budget which is considerably lower than 100$ mentioned in your first post. My monthly average is more like 30$ for the time i'm playing. And i'm, not aiming for profits, so without spending money for purchasing gear which constantly drops in value the money could have been capitalized way better to obtain profits. It's just that it is not my primary goal ingame, as i want to perform activities which entertain me.

And i can comfortably do that without losing an arm and a leg.

One more time I see something that I think it is sooo wrong!!!
Not only in Entropia but that happen with almost all MMO forums.
Someone totaly stranger within the game asking an answer about... "the game".
People that are playing the gaming answering like this guy who asked have an idea of terms and typos!!!!
Even me sometimes I wonder for some used terms like... for example!!! AG... is it...Arkadia Grounds??? or maybe Ancient Greece???

Also with discussions and arguments about issues that are highly specialized, someone can be confused than understand something that his not familiar with.

So, I wonder if OP knows what the heck is the meaning of TT, AUD, CLD etc
and if he get a clear view of what we are talking about.

Realy my friend Verlis,
do you understand what are you going into Entropia?

...just wondering

P.S. Hope you find Entropia so irresistible and awesome like we and you stay for long time with us. Start playing and you can figure out about Entropia in about a year or so ;)
If you want to claim that you know many things about the game? .... I think you need much more time.
Good luck

Last edited:
It is very easy to profit with a small* investment with unamped mining ...but it is worth your time? Probably not - but it may be a start to something bigger if you learn it

*I would use at least 2 K PED, mainly to collect ore/enmatter stacks

One more time I see something that I think it is sooo wrong!!!
Not only in Entropia but that happen with almost all MMO forums.
Someone totaly stranger within the game asking an answer about... "the game".
People that are playing the gaming answering like this guy who asked have an idea of terms and typos!!!!
Even me sometimes I wonder for some used terms like... for example!!! AG... is it...Arkadia Grounds??? or maybe Ancient Greece???

Also with discussions and arguments about issues that are highly specialized, someone can be confused than understand something that his not familiar with.

So, I wonder if OP knows what the heck is the meaning of TT, AUD, CLD etc
and if he get a clear view of what we are talking about.

Realy my friend Verlis,
do you understand what are you going into Entropia?

...just wondering

P.S. Hope you find Entropia so irresistible and awesome like we and you stay for long time with us. Start playing and you can figure out about Entropia in about a year or so ;)
If you want to claim that you know many things about the game? .... I think you need much more time.
Good luck

He looks like professional gamer that will like Entropia, but you are right if he was casual gamer he won't come back soon scared of all the information :laugh:

(or you could contact Hardwrath and take his suggestions, causing you to spam every trade channel in game and every trade forum related to the game, constantly looking for buyers, instead of enjoying the game as a game - my guess is spamming chats and forums is probably not your idea of 'grinding')

Who looks like he plays the game most?

You?

http://www.entropialife.com/Profile.aspx?P=238672

Or the trader who is "busy" spamming trade channels?

http://www.entropialife.com/profile.aspx?P=93451&M=globalList&V=hunting

Other than that, good advices :)

This Nienko is rubbish, you might either look for a good mentor yourself or should have more carefully listened to your mentor if you had one.

this "Nienko" just saying that this game is not for youtube and its not for streaming. No one is going to watch boring grind that you will have to do.. no one is going to watch the stream where you are going to stand in in the queue at the oil rig for hours with other so called "hardcore" players.. And if you will start making profit, you will not want to put it on youtube..

Same with eve and other sandboxes. You will have to grind or spend money. But At least you can have some interaction with others, be it kos or just cooperative gameplay, scamming or what ever it takes to make a game to be at least some fun.

Why all of you fail to give at least one example or some sort of guide where newbies can do something to start having fun, without pumping $5 a day for ammunition or item repair.. and don't tell me use search, because any of those guides are bs. Take mining for example. No one knows how it works, because it doesn't work for you to profit. Even if someone is out there who has a slightest clue about mining, he is not going to share. I wouldn't if I knew..

Please someone explain me, what is a fun activity to do in this game? Because all I can see, is newbs sweating, or someone just standing at the market npc for hours. I tried to roam around to find someone doing something else. There is no one to be found outside any station except in the noobs areas. PVP areas are empty to. Am I missing something or do you guys have some secret hideout, where you all veterans gather and have fun together?

Last edited:
Not I:tongue2:

Do not invest high end weapons or armour. Both have a habit of losing value overnight based on Player estimates in value and irresponsible balancing by MindArk. AUDs are set to increase their ROI soon and many players selling them off cheap based on short term fears rather than long term profits.

Am I missing something or do you guys have some secret hideout, where you all veterans gather and have fun together?

Next Island is a popular hiding place for almost all veterans.

this "Nienko" just saying that this game is not for youtube and its not for streaming. No one is going to watch boring grind that you will have to do.. no one is going to watch the stream where you are going to stand in in the queue at the oil rig for hours with other so called "hardcore" players.. And if you will start making profit, you will not want to put it on youtube..

Well that is not only what you wrote, i am referring in the quote very specifically to the 100$ part.

Why all of you fail to give at least one example or some sort of guide where newbies can do something to start having fun, without pumping $5 a day for ammunition or item repair..

Well first of all, what is fun for you is defined by yourself. You want to find a fun activity that does not cost ? Tell people what you define fun. I for one can hunt in Entropia without losing 5$ per day, even on higher level than hunting punies. But for a noob hunter that would be an example to start, when someone spends 5$ per day here, he's doing something terribly wrong imho.

One thing could be Hunt the thing, this is a mission chain which provides most for free. Just get a mate to make it to the end and you have a few hours playing a storyline for free.

Or what about the newcomer mission chains, there you can solve your objectives for free and get something for it. I bet when you are patient you can even find someone who gives you a lift to the planets.

There are also some player organized events for newcomers, maybe you find fun here.

All depends on your definition of fun.

When it is only fun to have some action gameplay, an immerse storyline to dive in maybe this game is not suited to your needs ?

If someone is looking for exactly that i usually recommend another game, as Entropia is clearly not what he is looking for. If someone is looking for a game which is different from other MMOs, which can keep interest for years, which is complex and provides everyday a challenge, then i recommend Entropia.

This is my way of expectation managment. And i clarify beforehand that performing actrivity ingame costs PED. How much it costs, how you obtain the PEDs is absolutely on you. And i know a lot of people who made it in the game with low deposits and even some who are very successful who did not deposit once in their EU-lifetime.

Please someone explain me, what is a fun activity to do in this game? Because all I can see, is newbs sweating, or someone just standing at the market npc for hours. I tried to roam around to find someone doing something else. There is no one to be found outside any station except in the noobs areas. PVP areas are empty to. Am I missing something or do you guys have some secret hideout, where you all veterans gather and have fun together?

Well again first explain what is fun to you. Maybe the others are having fun in something which is not fun to you ? I am definitely having fun in Entropia. And i know a lot of people who do as well. So what is fun for you ?

Yo mention PVP, which is not as popular in EU as it used to be, but talk to PKers, there are some. Maybe join a PVP soc, they can give you advice how to do cheap PVP in Entropia.

Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to bash you here, it is simply that you state some things i see differently after some years of playing. And i try to find out what your expectations are and try to provide some solutions to you.

BR

Same with eve and other sandboxes. You will have to grind or spend money. But At least you can have some interaction with others, be it kos or just cooperative gameplay, scamming or what ever it takes to make a game to be at least some fun.

Why all of you fail to give at least one example or some sort of guide where newbies can do something to start having fun, without pumping $5 a day for ammunition or item repair.. and don't tell me use search, because any of those guides are bs. Take mining for example. No one knows how it works, because it doesn't work for you to profit. Even if someone is out there who has a slightest clue about mining, he is not going to share. I wouldn't if I knew..

I think there is a conflict in terms of what u said above and what u said earlier.. Basically what i read above is that its not easy to profit and those who do wont share it in open forums/youtube. To that i totally agree as the way things are setup in EU if u share with too many people that activity is no longer profitable at all. Earlier your standpoint was that its impossible/incredibly tough to profit itself... See the difference..

To the OP
-----------

This is my opinion and i could be wrong here but fwiw 4 yrs back when i started i was told the same BS and i mean by people who would/could be called veterans saying that no decent profit can be made from this game... blah blah.. Had i listened to them, I would not be where i am right now. As for where i am right now, there is no activity in game ( hunting/mining/crafting) and yes i am not taking my trading into account , where i can lose peds with little to no care about my tt returns. ( To be fair and clear its the bankroll which helps me take less care about my tt returns)

To explain further there are two things which will set you apart from the rest giving u an advantage.

1. Knowledge : Nothing beats knowledge.. Some of it will come from talking/discussing with others but a big part of it will come with time and experience. A good mentor will help speed up the process but then don't expect miracles. Eventually your own skills ( networking,observation and perseverance) will come into play and will define where u get to and what u end up with in EU.

2. Money : Like in real life, money brings money. However without the "knowledge" , u can lose the money fast as well in this game. Provided the knowledge is there however, money will always set u in a better footing and fast forward your progress. With the "no depo" option the progress gets tougher and the timelines get extended , but everything that a depo'r can do can be done without depo as well. You will just need to make use of your skills better ( i don't mean in game skill count but the skills i mentioned above). Personally, i value my time enough to not consider the more tedious approach of "non depo" but to each there own..

There are quitters, achievers, motivators, winners etc in real life as well as in entropia. You need to decide which one you want to become, focus on your goal and then figure out the path you need to take to get there.

Welcome to Entropia Universe and i wish you the best in here..

Divinity

Last edited:
Take mining for example. No one knows how it works, because it doesn't work for you to profit. Even if someone is out there who has a slightest clue about mining, he is not going to share. I wouldn't if I knew..

This is completely untrue. There are factors about mining which are unknown but it does not mean that mining is not understandable. Many experienced miners are willing to share. They may not share all of their favorite spots with you, but the basic mechanics of mining aren't difficult or secret in any way.

Here are the secrets of mining revealed!

• Regions contain certain combinations of resources; resources usually change with depth.
  • Claims spawn somewhat similarly to the way mobs do, with random X,Y coordinates.
  • The claim map "in the ground" is not personal... it's the same for all miners, so if you're following right after another miner you will probably find less claims. When you see another miner, go the other direction. This is also why miners probably won't share their best areas with you especially on a forum.
  • When you drop a probe, your finder searches outward until it finds a claim, then stops searching (for that type, e.g. enmatter).
  • Use LBML to track your drops and claims; don't overlap solid circles, only drop once on each spot.
  • Claims in the ground have X,Y coordinates, but no depth until they're found by your finder; when you find a claim the system gives you a claim based on the depth of your finder.
  • Average hit rates planetside are around 29.5%; Long term TT returns may not be equal for all areas (probably due to overmining popular areas).
  • Claims are often found in clusters.
  • The best miners can recognize when an area is emptier than it should be, and know when to move to a different area.
  • If you use good mining technique and use eco tools your long term TT return (>50k probes dropped) will be at or above 95%, not counting decay like TP chips, vehicles, armor that aren't directly related to mining.
  • Typically, deeper finders will find higher MU resources (for a minority of areas, the opposite is true).
  • Using amps requires much higher ped reserve based on the size of the amp.
  • Claims despawn after a certain amount of time (or at least have some other mechanism for limiting density); if you go to an area that nobody has mined in months, you will still get a ~30% hit rate.
  • For best profit, mine areas that give you good MU at your depth.
  • Miners are often very superstitious and you'll find a plethora of unproven theories out there. If you find a super secret technique that guarantees significant TT profit, it's wrong (or it's an exploit!).

Now you know.

Last edited:
indeed him...

mentions EU in this clip right here...around 7:20ish in the clip...trying to recall what this game is called lol...

messing with the name was good for a comedy club LOL

PS: second post from the OP will be cool

You can message me in game if you want, I can give you the break down

Hardwrath! You're still here! I'm about to come back to the game, glad to see that some of the old faces are still here :)

Hmmm... what you′d expect from »a professional Youtuber« who uses an anagram of »Sliver« for his name? :eek:

I quit, this game sucks :mad:

or

How did I miss this game for 10 years, it's awesome :yay:

It seems entropia universe has not taken your fancy afterall? :scratch2:

Back