Manic Miner event

:beerchug:

Cheers FPC for smartening up in catering (With greater focus than before in rewarding) those who fuel the:

mine (L) <--> craft (L) <--> hunt (L) consumption economy.

^^ Often forgotten in bold

Keep those wheels turning and add value to the economy of this little planet of ours ;)

A different light to see the such:

Hunters will always be the main engine,

However, without the miners & crafters, the progression of participants in the (L) sibs economy becomes highly sporadic if they can't skill up with ease (product availabllity) using sib progression crafted items to bridge the gap between the use of mob dropped (L) sibs items from the mobs hunted - Often causing supply and demand concentrations & bottlenecks in the economy;

In turn, placing too much emphasis on the requirement to hunt particular mobs over others - over inflating the value of those mob specific items and under valuing their dropped resources, or visa versa over what other mobs have to offer.

Also creating zone server imbalance, lag (Yellow device is currently in use msgs) and cramping of personal hunting space in the process *potentially* leading to frustration and/or conflict, devaluing the overall gaming experience.

Last edited:
I can only imagine the uproar if MM's and Modfap's started dropping from snables and thats what we have in this case and thats before we even go into the 'quality' of the prizes being offered in this instance.

Yeah, very good point. I would love to see what would happen if all sga hunting items would have equal chance to drop from snables or exos, same as from spider/dasp stalkers. Because it's exactly how it is with mining.

Yeah, very good point. I would love to see what would happen if all sga hunting items would have equal chance to drop from snables or exos, same as from spider/dasp stalkers. Because it's exactly how it is with mining.

I completelly agree... Reputation in forum OLEG dont means nothing in game...
If you tired of miners begging for them fair rights just dont open our reply our posts leave them for us...

Miners have a look and sign ...

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/mining/163195-petition-miners.html

If this still like this more a few months im retired of game. This game should be fair and keep the people interested mining... Why i should have tons of mining skills if a noob get a unl oa our a huge tower?
Nobody take 50k in atrox young because is not possibel our in a easy moob why in mining this not happen?

Can someone explain something to me, please:
How are those "uber-miners" better than the "noob-miners" in a way so they deserve "ooo" items more?

I mean - for hunters it's plain obvious - uber hunter has massive HP, MM with insane DPS, Angel armor set with plates or better, modfap, over 100 agility and so on. They can camp daspletors and we all can see the HoFs from the strongest mobs.

Then what's the situation with the miners? Goes to a location, drops a bomb, waits, if he hits something - goes to the claim and extracts it. It's one and the same for every miner, isn't it? The only difference that i can see is the max depth of the finder isn't it?
So where's the skill factor here? What makes "uber-miners" so deserving all the rare "ooo" items? They do just the same as the "noob miners" - run around and plant bombs. I don't really see anything so damn hard in doing that :scratch2: How are "uber-miners" superior in any way? The only thing they did better is that they have planted more bombs than the noobs. Well, isn't that the idea of the event? More bombs = more chances! So why all the complaints? It's a challenge of luck and all that is needed is large amount of bombs/probes. Nothing more than that. If you think that ubers deserve to get the items when they drop just few bombs while noobs should drop several thousands for the same thing - then i disagree. Equal chances - that's the best way. You want bigger chance - then you should drop more bombs. No matter how "uber" you are. The rest is just luck. But equal luck for every player.

You complain that noobs get all the luck? That's plain ridiculous. I'm noob - i know. Where the hell is my luck? Lvl 21 and my best claim is 261 ped (insert random curses/prayers to Lootius here) - is that what the "ubers" are complaining about? But no - they have to whine - "Give me more towers", "give me more rare ores", "the itamz, give me the itamz, oh no why always the noobs get the itamz"...... and so on.

You know, from the noob's point of view this is kinda funny :D

Killmore we talk about skill...
U mine with tt finder ubbers miners with vrx3k is completelly different in all the things...
Same like hunters normal one use kross 400, ubber one MM.

How are those "uber-miners" better than the "noob-miners" in a way so they deserve "ooo" items more?

I mean - for hunters it's plain obvious - uber hunter has massive HP, MM with insane DPS, Angel armor set with plates or better, modfap, over 100 agility and so on. They can camp daspletors and we all can see the HoFs from the strongest mobs.

Then what's the situation with the miners? Goes to a location, drops a bomb, waits, if he hits something - goes to the claim and extracts it. It's one and the same for every miner, isn't it? The only difference that i can see is the max depth of the finder isn't it?
So where's the skill factor here? What makes "uber-miners" so deserving all the rare "ooo" items? They do just the same as the "noob miners" - run around and plant bombs. I don't really see anything so damn hard in doing that :scratch2: How are "uber-miners" superior in any way? The only thing they did better is that they have planted more bombs than the noobs. Well, isn't that the idea of the event? More bombs = more chances! So why all the complaints? It's a challenge of luck and all that is needed is large amount of bombs/probes. Nothing more than that. If you think that ubers deserve to get the items when they drop just few bombs while noobs should drop several thousands for the same thing - then i disagree. Equal chances - that's the best way. You want bigger chance - then you should drop more bombs. No matter how "uber" you are. The rest is just luck. But equal luck for every player.

You complain that noobs get all the luck? That's plain ridiculous. I'm noob - i know. Where the hell is my luck? Lvl 21 and my best claim is 261 ped (insert random curses/prayers to Lootius here) - is that what the "ubers" are complaining about? But no - they have to whine - "Give me more towers", "give me more rare ores", "the itamz, give me the itamz, oh no why always the noobs get the itamz"...... and so on.

And TT items cost the same to use as VRX2-3k and amps?

Its to do with how much has been spent and invested $ wise into the avatar and equipment and that is exactly the difference with killing snables and Dasps.

Its about incentive to progress and the rewards offered by it currently there is none with this particular event were as with the hunting SGA items there is a clear incentive to have the higher skills and therefore higher rewards associated with it.

YOu obviously have not read many replies here....!

You talk of equal chances for uber and noob to loot items.....hell if they did that in hunting then there would be an outcry.....MM looted by 1 week old noob or mod fap etc, why not the same for miners???

You talk about it being fair....then fair would be...more skilled = better items....not completely random. And someone with a tt finder has same chance of looting all items

Oh hell i was going to say more.....but you havent read the replies here so i cannot be bothered to go over them again

Rgds

Ace

PS you talk about deserved....how do you justify a hunter at level 80 having a chance to loot the top items, when a noob cannot.

To a level 80 miner having no advantage whatsover

Damnit i carried on anyway

Your idea of fair is strange beyond belief

I'm talking about MINING.

For MINING - yes, it's the TT gear that matters:
1 bomb from the TT = 1 ped decay.
Ziplex VRX 3000 decay = 5.1 pec per use
TT finder = 1,501 pec decay per use

OMG, "ubers" have 3.599 pec more decay than noobs. Give them all the candy! They deserve it!

Do i have to tell you that big amps affect only the size of the claim and rare ores are deeper and cannot be found with TT finder?

Once again - it's all about planting bombs. The easiest thing in the game. I don't see how any "uber" can plant a bomb in a better way than a "noob" miner.

(and don't you worry, i read all your whining)

OMG, "ubers" have 3.599 pec more decay than noobs. Give them all the candy! They deserve it!

Do i have to tell you that big amps affect only the size of the claim and rare ores are deeper and cannot be found with TT finder?

Once again - it's all about planting bombs. The easiest thing in the game. I don't see how any "uber" can plant a bomb in a better way than a "noob" miner.

and hunting at the top level if you have the skills is just point and click the same as hunting snable.
whats the difference? so should MM's drop from snables now?
this is not about regular loot or average returns its about the chance to get the SGA items.

We have SGA pixie for the lower mobs and SGA Mod Faps for the dasp but no distinction is made in the case of this event.
Should higher amps (which you need higher skills to use and risk a bigger loss on exactly as in using higher weapons and armour and higher cost to kill in hunting) be able to find more OOO?
I think yes as they have outlayed more for the opportunity.

ROFL and the difference between point and click an MM or an opalo??????

You have managed to insult the whole mining community....way to go!!

EDIT: Damn Jod got there before me

And we have more 50k peds in skill then you

You miss the point. It's not about finding claims, it's about finding "out of ordinary" find, which come as already said only once every 3-4k drops. nrf or not doesn't mean anything. It would be same as every 3-4k mobs, no loots included. And ontop of that, most of the time "ooo" finds contain only angel scales or hansidian.

So, I hvnt looted anything but fucking pixie gloves and im down 12K hunting only.. Not gonna start about some fucked up shit with mining lately...

Stop comparing hunting to mining, they are different professions with different rewards.

you can be a nr1 miner skill gear wise for 100k ped, multiply that by 10 and you start beeing a top level hunter.

Eacht proffession has it cons and pros., accept that,

I do agree though that the better excavators should be dropped, I dont agree with mass sga amps though..

And we have more 50k peds in skill then you
Cool, and i guess you're using some uber-bombs that give you uber-ores too?
No wait, you buy the bombs from TT, you use Orefinder 105 unamped for 5 years and you still dream for a tower?

Look, this is pointless. I'm talking about MINING and mining decay (96% goes for TT bombs and only 4% for finder decay, less than 1% if you're amped) and you counter me with "What if modfap drops from a snable".

We're going nowhere that way.
Miners - both noob and uber - are "hunting" one and the same thing - the Calypso ground. If both uber-hunters and noob-hunters were hunting one and the same thing - yes, they have their full rights to expect equal chances for one and the same loot. The rest is luck - with chances based on the ped cycled ingame.

If you can't see that then i guess it can't be helped.

Cool, and i guess you're using some uber-bombs that give you uber-ores too?
No wait, you buy the bombs from TT, you use Orefinder 105 unamped for 5 years and you still dream for a tower?

Look, this is pointless. I'm talking about MINING and mining decay (96% goes for TT bombs and only 4% for finder decay, less than 1% if you're amped) and you counter me with "What if modfap drops from a snable".

We're going nowhere that way.
Miners - both noob and uber - are "hunting" one and the same thing - the Calypso ground. If both uber-hunters and noob-hunters were hunting one and the same thing - yes, they have their full rights to expect equal chances for one and the same loot. The rest is luck - with chances based on the ped cycled ingame.

If you can't see that then i guess it can't be helped.

Look I'm gonna try and keep it civil in here but I'll put it as basically as i can as i did in the other thread....

SGA Items-Cost to find-Reward for outlay-Disparity

We may all be mining the same ground but we are not all paying the same amount to do so and MA have always rewarded the higher cost to play with higher rewards.
Not so here.

SGA Items-Cost to find-Reward for outlay-Disparity

Ok, but that's an easy one:

SGA items for miners:

for a noob:
Drops 1000 bombs, average depth 300m, has 1 chance for "ooo" and SGA item.
Cost to find: 1000 ped + some decay.
Reward for outlay: common ores + one "ooo" claim

for a pro:
Drops 5000 bombs, average depth 800m, has 2-3 chances for "ooo" and SGA item
Cost to find: 5000 ped + some decay.
Reward for outlay: common ores + rare ores + 2-3 "ooo" claims

Disparity?
I don't think so.
More looks like parity to me. :wtg:

killmore?

Show me a print with vrx3k looting a claim less then 500 meters i wanna see...
We dont get same claims like the noobs

Ok, but that's an easy one:

SGA items for miners:

for a noob:
Drops 1000 bombs, average depth 300m, has 1 chance for "ooo" and SGA item.
Cost to find: 1000 ped + some decay.
Reward for outlay: common ores + one "ooo" claim

for a pro:
Drops 5000 bombs, average depth 800m, has 2-3 chances for "ooo" and SGA item
Cost to find: 5000 ped + some decay.
Reward for outlay: common ores + rare ores + 2-3 "ooo" claims

Disparity?
I don't think so.
More looks like parity to me. :wtg:

You seem to be conveniently overlooking the SGA item part,this has nothing to do with average return!
When i say reward I mean SGA reward.

noob miner/hunter/crafter with TT gear drops 1000 bombs.
Cost to find SGA item: 1000ped and some decay.
Chance to find SGA item:1000

Uber miner drops 1000 bombs with VRX3k and 109 amps
Cost to find:1000ped and some decay plus the cost of the 109 amps which as we both know for 1000 drops is astronomical.
Chance to find SGA Item:1000

we must have a different definition of parity.

we must have a different definition of parity

Once again - amps does not affect the chances for SGA item. They amplify only the TT return of your claims. Same for noobs and same for ubers. It's the amount of bombs that matter.

Also:
Not every uber uses amps (especially 109), and not every noob goes unamped - so it's your comparison that is based on convenient assumption here :D

btw: Mery Jane, lay off the drugs man. They are bad for you.

my feeling is that just couce i'm high skilled i'm automatic excluded from all out ordinary like unl amps, dna parts armors and..

but if i drop more bombs shound t i have more chances? the answer is no. in mining system protects the noob. ath to noobs,eveything to noobs.

sorry but I have to say this man... :scratch2:
to a player that does so well in this game... why all the complaining?
you got a SGA quote for you...
what about others THAT Mined/hunted/crafted and still didnt got shit?
Im one of those, and like me there are plenty of players who didnt got a shit and that won't get

Once again - amps does not affect the chances for SGA item. They amplify only the TT return of your claims. Same for noobs and same for ubers.

Exactly my point but it does affect your cost of outlay much like hunting the higher mobs.

With hunting you spend more money you have the chance at better SGA items.
With this event you spend more money you have absolutely no advantage in finding the SGA items.

Thank you for making my point for me.

I would quit EU if uber miners had a very high chance to loot the good stuf from OOO finds.

For mary jane which is close to top such a change would be a perfect change. For the high amounts of low-medium skilled miners it won't. Everybody must have the same chance of looting rare items in mining, be it uber or 1 day noob, it all depends on luck.

Mining in EU is not about looting UL amps, rare DNA parts or event items.

Mining is about finding ores/enmatter. In the current system, the more skilled you are, the better tools you can use, the more rare ores you find, the more markup you can generate. That's should be the reason anyone skills in mining, to get more efficient and generate more markup.

Looting something like UL amps, rare DNA parts or event items should be seen as playing at lottery. MA make us participate in this so called lottery with the "Out Of the Ordinary" finds. Everybody gets OOO at about the same rate, but only the lucky ones get the items.

Sitram

Manique he get Beast SGA BP but in craft is a level 55...
We talk about mining is level 65 is diferente professions...
Anyways great regards Paulo...

PORTUGAL ALÉ...

Annyune know howmanny items r alreddy found?

Sitram...

By your logic lets put mod faps in any moob should be able for a medium hunter... And is completelly lucky aswell no?

Manique he get Beast SGA BP but in craft is a level 55...
We talk about mining is level 65 is diferente professions...
Anyways great regards Paulo...

PORTUGAL ALÉ...

Never say Portugal in vain please
Second
what I mean is, He talks LIKE he didnt got any SGA Item at all or like he's doing bad.
In mining he has got really nice sized Red/zand claims by what I've seen.
You're being more offensive I dont know why.
You claim yourself "different" from others 'cause you got the skills.... but chipped... do they have the same worth than hard gained skills? do those even count like "griding skills"? I don't think so.
I mean, what you got of skills to ATTEMPT to loot a SGA.
so please if you don't want ppl to also give you harsh repplies don't make harsh comments...

Sitram...

By your logic lets put mod faps in any moob should be able for a medium hunter... And is completelly lucky aswell no?

I doubt you are getting what he means...
PROFESSIONS ARE DIFFERENT in deed... did you knew that?
ofc it makes more sense also harder mobs give better items... true...
but where is the "hard part" of mining? having greater looses with amps? yeah hunters also have bigger loot amplitude when hunting bigger.
Also you have to realise. Mining is a better deal than hunting. If hunters didnt looted items what did you wanted Hunters to survive from? Oils? Ok if you want so lets make all ores TT for you... would you survive mining?
Big item looting is a big jackpot, for example I was close to a Imp Fap loot +2pair of angel feet (M) (prolly some more which I rather not know by now) but if everyone that is uber gets items.... I'd chip in for sure then to "claim" my items

I love your patriotism ...

Back