Info: Max Speed for Valkyrie

Miles

Prowler
Society
Al Nahar Wanderers
Stanley Miles Stardust
Downhill, no matter how high or steep, is 108kph. Gotta love the big speedometer. :D

Here is one of many, many screen shots.

(I've tested with MK1 and MK2)

:beerchug:

Miles

I'm quite sure that I surpassed 130km/h once... but it I guess that the speedcounter it's someway bugged for me, downhill most of time indicate 61km/h like running on a flat land. I'll make some test and put the screenies too if I have strange results again

wait till pimping rides come!

I'm quite sure that I surpassed 130km/h once... but it I guess that the speedcounter it's someway bugged for me, downhill most of time indicate 61km/h like running on a flat land. I'll make some test and put the screenies too if I have strange results again

I'm talking about steep hills....

My final confirmation was last night before I posted - driving down a long smooth hill that was almost vertical for over 400 vertical meters, and the speedo was pegged at 108 the whole way. Right near the end was steeper section where I started to freefall, and that slowed me down and leveled out the car until I landed again, and sped up to 108 again. I'll post a couple of shots from that later - which shows the location.

Miles

I'm talking about steep hills....

My final confirmation was last night before I posted - driving down a long smooth hill that was almost vertical for over 400 vertical meters, and the speedo was pegged at 108 the whole way.

Hmmm...

How about a freefall in the air off a cliff? :wise:

Speed Test

On the island where the rally track is, there is also a mountain with a road to the top. I was checking out the rally circuit some more, and decided to go back up the mountain. After taking some shots of the track (west end)...

and going to the summit...

I made the decent. There weren't working speedometers the last time I was here (maybe not even vehicles, now that I think about it) but I remembered the long, steep, smooth, and clear face on the north side.

Down I went...

And taking a look back up from the bottom...

Now, I have seen 108 on both my Valks many times now, but if it were possible to go faster, I surely would have here, so that seems to be the limit that the speedometer will show. Several questions remain.
1) Is it the speedometer or the speed itself which is limited?
2) Is it the same for all vehicles?
3) When can I get a car that will go that fast on the flat? :D

Miles

p.s. a gratuitous vehicle destruction shot, just for fun.

I tested it again, max speed reached is 108... I tested it at the outpost on top of mountain N of Fort Argus

Nice testing miles :), I think 108 is a cap on any vehicle tbh. But your 3rd question is what intruiged me the most :laugh:. Would certainly love a car to go that fast... :(.

I was wondering however... can this be turned into some sort of downhill speed/drag race?

It seems very interesting to me... let me know if you know any other locations where it is high and steep enough, can be bumpy. Thanks Miles, keep up the good work :).

Free Fall

Hmmm...

How about a freefall in the air off a cliff? :wise:

In testing for your upcoming VCC Athena Event, I have had some free fall time - the pit entrance is bitch ;)

Anyway, I've seen speeds as low as single digits in free fall, or higher with a faster launch - but as soon as I make contact with the cliffside, my speedometer responds instantly. It seems like when you are in the air, it just measures your movement over level ground, but if you are in contact it registers speed in relation to the ground you are on, or something like that.

I'll try some different jump speeds, and also see if I can get 0 in free fall.

Miles

Nice testing miles :), I think 108 is a cap on any vehicle tbh. But your 3rd question is what intruiged me the most :laugh:. Would certainly love a car to go that fast... :(.

I was wondering however... can this be turned into some sort of downhill speed/drag race?

It seems very interesting to me... let me know if you know any other locations where it is high and steep enough, can be bumpy. Thanks Miles, keep up the good work :).

This is the best place I've come across, and there is a pretty large summit area, so it could work pretty well, but it is remote. The road up is pretty easy, but it is on the opposite site of the mountain, so a tp chip would be useful. The base of the road is just a minute or so from the west end of the rally track, but it is a little hard to pick up at first.

It could make a good stage, where you climb up and then jump off the top and down the mountain, with everyone crashing down the mountain to the finish line. :D

Back