Mentor kicked...

8EyeSi

Old
well still managed to kick mentor after the 24 hours period id heard of, so thats good. Teach me to accept the 1st preson who offered to mentor, even before i understood what it was lol.

Any tips on finding a good one?

So far i have about 170 sweat, 2ped, oh and a load of blueprints and a bluebook for weapons (They were cheap)
Had a pistol but traded it back in as the 100 shots didnt really even damage a mob.
Looking for some decent clothes, matrix style would be good, but any thing thats not orange might be useful lol.

Found a couple of good sweating places now, so hopefully thatll build up.
Trying to resist using irl money, as its a good challange.

Si.

8EyeSi said:
well still managed to kick mentor after the 24 hours period id heard of, so thats good. Teach me to accept the 1st preson who offered to mentor, even before i understood what it was lol.

Any tips on finding a good one?

So far i have about 170 sweat, 2ped, oh and a load of blueprints and a bluebook for weapons (They were cheap)
Had a pistol but traded it back in as the 100 shots didnt really even damage a mob.
Looking for some decent clothes, matrix style would be good, but any thing thats not orange might be useful lol.

Found a couple of good sweating places now, so hopefully thatll build up.
Trying to resist using irl money, as its a good challange.

Si.

Thats good !! :thumbup:

To get a good mentor ... Dont do what everyone else does ... " LOOKING FOR A GOOD MENTOR @ TP etc.. ) , Get the tp's , get a feel for the game and hopefully you'll meet some great people out there ( I for one can assure you there are !! ) , and maybe you'll get a mentor that way , your choice .

I wouldn't start crafting , i'm assuming you got the blueprints from a technician , so there tt stuff , go back and trade them for PED ... you'll loose all your money by crafting .

For sweating , i think theres a good place NW of Zychion ( not sure if it NW , SW , NE ... ) , but theres one there . If you can't find .. (don't waste lots of time doing so ) use your favourite places thats your using now or Camp Phoenix .

As for the clothes , I would get some basic grey ones , as for matrix style , the closest 'style' would be getting a coat etc .. and that is too expensive for you , Hopefully Skam will read this ( im sure she will ) , she is a great help , and will give you good advice on clothing !!

And yes , good challenge not depositing .. but when you get the hang of the game and when you've finished sweating , i think you'll need to deposit some money to enjoy the game more... a

Anyway , those are my :twocents:

Enjoy , Eonette :dunce:

Sorry to hear that you have been victimised. PM me his/her name and they will go on my grief list until they cry to MA and I get told to leave them alone :p

Save your peds. Sweat as much as possible then start your profession strong. I reccomend Mining and a decent mentor with mining skills. Many people would say otherwise but you may enjoying earning peds and not hunting them away and being forced to use your credit card.

You could also go the route of 'No Mentor'. Its quite trendy these days in PE with all the 'No Loot' and 'No Resources'. I reccomend getting familair with the community and tutorials/guides. Also get on IRC or the forum where you can ask loads of questions.
Hope taht helps

I guess there is a bunch of good mentors out there but u cant become a disciple if u have gained enough in one skill.

Tungur said:
I guess there is a bunch of good mentors out there but u cant become a disciple if u have gained enough in one skill.

True , but don't worry about sweating because that 'skill' won't stop you being able to be mentored .

I agree that you should be careful when choosing your mentor.

BUT I think MA have changed the skills you can have before it's too late to get a mentor, so be careful, or you're on your own for good.
I had a newbie who wanted me to mentor him, but it was already too late for him, though he claimed to have only played for 3 days. (Maybe sweating skills matters now?)

My advice:
- Prepare some questions about the game, and stuff you want advice about
- Make sure you're mentor spends some time talking/hanging with you and answering questions before you accept (or at least before you're stuck with him/her)

Welcome to PE and EF :)
Hope you'll enjoy it as much as me.

good advice thanks...

I think a mentor is very useful at the very start. Especially ones who give you small prezzies :wise:

si

Well, 24h is a short time. I cannot mentor at all, since I log on usually
only 3 times a week. Same holds to many mentors-disciples on some
awkward timezone pairs. Mentor needs to be on-call in the beginning,
until a nice routine forms.

Kerham said:
no. a good mentor is one who gives u good advices.

I agree very much.
As nice as small presents of a few peds are, it's really much more important to get good advice. Much more valuable in peds too.

Besides giving presents is really not what mentoring is about. I think the disciples should give us presents. :D

Hello and welcome to the game... The people shouting that they want disciples or come up to you and just add you as one are not the people you are looking for.

If u want advice there are usually lots of people willing to answer questions and i would be glad to help you out even though you werent my disciple.

If you want to ask some questions feel free to ask away if you see me somewhere.. I am usually in Troy for repairs/storage and that is also a good place to hunt for newcomers so try getting that TP.

Have a good time and good luck finding a mentor you like.
Cya ingame! :)

Keep a look out for me in IRC mabey i can help.

As for tips on a good mentor. Something i do when i get a new disciples are:

Teach them how to use there Friendlist
Tell them how to get a hold of me offline here on Entropia Forum through PM's.

This way if we dont line up being on the same time they can still ask me lots of questions. I currently have a great disciples that I am mostly responding through PM's here and occasionally seeing him online. It's working well he's learned a lot and doing well.

Back