Help: Merry mahem is Fixed.

Dorsai

Elite
Society
Supremacy Reign.
Yes I say, It's Fixed.

With a Capitol F.

Only those with lots of skills, lots of peds, and super guns can win.

After all, in real life I have:
Won the indi-500 in a reliant robin.
Won Wimbledon using a fly-swatter as a racket.
Flown to the moon on wish and a prair.

etc etc.

Oh do come on.

Some competitions can only be won by those who have the ability, the funds, and the equipment.

If not we would all climb mount Everest during our lunch break, fly an F-14 to work and carry out brain-surgery with one hand while solving the general theory of relativity with the other hand....

So do get a grip.

"Moan Moan, I stand no chance."

SO?

That is life: there are things that you and I can not do!

So either try, and do not moan, or do not try, and STFU!

It could be fun though, or is f*n a banned word around here? I play for f*n not to make a big profit. I will probably kill a couple of Cornus just for f*n though I admit I will not go in for it seriously.

It could be fun though

Yes it could. But I do not moan about doing something that "Could be fun," I just try it.

+ rep, for the right approach. (but I need to spread it a bit more)

skill gain time....

Since people are so grumpy about the events since they think they have no chance to win, just do like people did in other events - like Robot war and Eomon migration, and just run around and have fun with no armor or weapons. Never hurts to sweat things. Also never hurts to, uh, skill your evade by getting 50 or so mobs chasing you. Those that are taking the event seriously should not mind you uh, helping them by sending your little parade their way. lol. Just gives them a chance to kill 50 more mob in that hour, right? ;)

I do agree you have a very valid point i mean how can MA expect people at lvl 25 to compete with people at lvl 49 :confused:

i mean im only lvl 31 how could i even expect to compete with people at lvl 49 :confused:

and then they decide to harden the mobs.....

i know ill not get in the to 10 prob noteven the top 100 but im just going to kill those mobs as usual

If one does not try, he will never find out what his place is.
Anything within Top100 will be an archievement for me.
Sometimes it is about taking part and not "winning", although an LA would have been a greater carot for me :D
And even if I lose miserably, there is still the competion to get a better spot than my soc mates :D

as they say ..."better die standing on your feet than living on your knees"

Yes I say, It's Fixed.

With a Capitol F.

After all, in real life I have:
Won the indi-500 in a reliant robin.
Won Wimbledon using a fly-swatter as a racket.
Flown to the moon on wish and a prair.

etc etc.

Oh do come on.

Some competitions can only be won by those who have the ability, the funds, and the equipment.

If not we would all climb mount Everest during our lunch break, fly an F-14 to work and carry out brain-surgery with one hand while solving the general theory of relativity with the other hand....

So do get a grip.

"Moan Moan, I stand no chance."

SO?

I agree with everything you say here except calling it fixed. The criteria for winning are the same for everyone. This means it cannot be fixed.

The skills, options and resources available for everyone are not the same. This means that the chances of winning are different for everyone.

Most people are in fact capable of increasing their own odds, but choose not to do so, usually for very rational and sensible reasons.
But if they wanted to, they too could give themselves real good odds in this event.

The only reason I'm not getting involved in this is because at the moment, I have neither the PEDs or more importantly, the time to go after something like this. You either have to spend an average of 6 hours per day or throw in a few 12 hour blocks to stand a chance. And don't forget about running and finding the mobs to shoot. I realize that people that have the ability to use high DPS weapons stand a better chance, but I think the time they save is a drop in the bucket compared to finding a constant supply of mobs to shoot at. However I did hear they were upping the spawns. I haven't been out to any of the areas where these mobs are spawning so I'm not totally sure what the fields look like...

But there's no sense in complaining, because by not competing, you're making it easier for someone else to win, and you can't win if you don't play.

Did that yesterday, but compared to Merry Mayhem, that was easy!:D

In this event MA did everything they could to include everyone in the event by making 4 categories(as opposed to last years). Sure there will be people misusing the situation to their advantage but thats a case in all the events. Props to MA for actually doing the event when they could have just gotten drunk like the rest of the world on NY. You dont like it - dont take part but if you do - make the most of it, after all this is a game and its suppose to be fun

... fly an F-14 to work

I prefer the Stealth Bomber thank you ... and short of that, the F-18 Hornet will do just fine. :D

Otherwise ... I will say that with all due respect, I can appreciate where you're coming from (for real), but telling people (in general, and across the board) to STFU isn't really serving a purpose when some actually have valid points to contribute constructively regarding this Merry Mayhem event.

Granted ... there are those who rant and rave and really say nothing, and bitch and moan just to let off steam (perhaps), but there are also those through constructive criticism who have the mindset to help make events like these more beneficial to the community as a whole, and present their ideas in a less than bitch session manner.

Also ... that's the beauty of a venue like this forum ... we get to voice our opinions (yours is respected), but telling someone to STFU if they don't agree with your beliefs or philosophy about this event (or anything else EU-related) just stirs the pot in a more negative way, and we know what happens from that point on. ;)

I agree with everything you say here except calling it fixed. The criteria for winning are the same for everyone. This means it cannot be fixed.

You got my point, but failed to "get" it. ;)

We can still enjoy it !!
Go on have some fun

... I will say that with all due respect, I can appreciate where you're coming from (for real), but telling people (in general, and across the board) to STFU isn't really serving a purpose when some actually have valid points to contribute constructively regarding this Merry Mayhem event.

I do not wish all to "be silent", as some, such as yourself, do have a valid point to make.

It's just the "background winging" that gets my goat.

"I have no skills, and it is not fair that those who do stand a better chance"

I feel that skills (that I do not have) are the point of such events.

I do not wish all to "be silent", as some, such as yourself, do have a valid point to make.

It's just the "background winging" that gets my goat.

"I have no skills, and it is not fair that those who do stand a better chance"

I feel that skills (that I do not have) are the point of such events.

I "got it" ;) ... and thanks! :D

sry just have to say 1 thing that was said to me many years ago about this game..allways ALLWAYS get a bigger GUN!:yay:

Oh do come on.

In any other circumstance u could be right but not in this case IMO
-people has huge skills if they start the game in the PE time when skill was much easier to gain then now. A lot of bugs and cheats have helped about too
-people has very good equipment cause they have looted them when still they dropped. Now we have those very nice L items. Very useful and they can be used without have 100 level profession. For example a vivo 125, 175 can be used after 31 in paramedic, some very easy to have ofc etcetc. The decay of the L items is so huge that in a long run is better to buy an old PE uber items than UL or many L version of a weapon, fap etcetc. And i don t want talk about MU.
-ability..... u mean tactic and dedication???? in this case yes. If u are so addicted to spend 6 hours at day of your holiday to play the game, to invest many thousand $ in items and decay and amno....and u do this better then other freak like u, damn it s very correct that u win a land area and or a armor. I will be the first to say u congratulation.
OFC to say grz i must wait the end of the event, before this MA don t allow us to know what is going on. For the happiness of someone.

i'm planning to place top 10 on the event. I'm in catagory 1... my highest prof is 22. My highest skill is 3900. When i *do* place top 10 it'll be because of my friends and my own effort and organisation. But hey... shoot me for trying.

Back