Merry Mayhem 2015

You're quite correct, thanks for the correction. I was just making the point you do have to do 40 hours in the Solo, you cant just buy the tokens.

Ye ok, but looked liked you said you could buy tokens in the solo event, wich you cant. Only FFA tokens tradable.

My personal gues is these tokens wont have much MU at all. I have hard time believing someone would buy tokens for 50k ped and end up with nothing, because outside of top 15.

Its gonna be the same as usual. Same Winners as in previous events.

Ye ok, but looked liked you said you could buy tokens in the solo event, wich you cant. Only FFA tokens tradable.

My personal gues is these tokens wont have much MU at all. I have hard time believing someone would buy tokens for 50k ped and end up with nothing, because outside of top 15.

Its gonna be the same as usual. Same Winners as in previous events.

If that list of point bonuses is correct, ging to be a lot of people trying to sell stacks of tolens for around .9ped/token.

I suspect the other poster is correct and that list needs to be corrected I have no idea why they would jump the bonus amounts from 10% (500 tokens=50ped ammo) to 100% (10000 tokens = 10k ped ammo) like that.

Anyways that will provide a cost recovery option for those who know they won't be winning near the end, selling stacks of tokens for discounted universal ammo to players that otherwise aren't participating.

It's an interesting out, and likely to help token MU I think.

Solo Mayhem for Ubers only then this year.

FFA Mayhem for everyone else, with a big incentive to buy as many tokens as possible.

Have I got it about right now? :xbiggrin:

If so, very different to previous years then.

Solo Mayhem for Ubers only then.

FFA Mayhem for everyone else, with a big incentive to buy as many tokens as possible.

Correct :)

But as i mentioned, i doubt someone will buy theyr way to FFA Victory. Most likely it will be Star, Joda, stryker ect... to Work together, or the biggest soc to win 1st Price.

Solo Mayhem for Ubers only then this year.

Yes that's what it looks like - the rest of us may as well play xmas board games with the family.

500 Points - 50 PED Universal Ammo
2000 Points - 200 PED Universal Ammo
5000 Points - 5000 PED Universal Ammo
7500 Points - 7500 PED Universal Ammo
10000 Points - 10000 PED Universal Ammo

We all know this is wrong, so if they don't correct it don't start a whining thread when u get 500ped for 5k points.

We all know this is wrong, so if they don't correct it don't start a whining thread when u get 500ped for 5k points.

Thats what we get from a Company without staff, who brings theyr children with them to Work to help out with the simple tasks.

Who is going to risk buying 90k ped worth of STAR points, not knowing if someone else has bought 95k or just have more points vecause he bought the same 90k but cheaper points!

The more you invest, the bigger you risk of losing it all.
Its just scary.

By the way, bring in all the hunt bots.
Game over

So, to compete in the team event, you either have to have a lot people hunting as much as possible for 25 straight days over the holidays, and/or buy a bunch of tokens...

And the prizes are lame, I'd like actual items, not just UA, so much more fun. On top of that, you can't split the UA prize among the team, so someone has to shoot/mine it off and then divide the loot! :umn:

So disappointed... :(

Huh, I'm a little confused.

How do the token drops work? Does each mob drop a set number of tokens, guaranteed? Or is this based on luck like the Halloween pumpkins?

:lolup:
Seems to be do your damndest for 40 hours (to qualify) then buy as many Mayhem Star Tokens as you can afford to to place in the top 15.

It's an interesting twist certainly, removal of the categories makes all the non Uber's effectively farmers to sell to the Ubers - but will they be buying, and how much? :scratch2:

It seems that you can buy a better Place from MA this MM.:lolup::lolup::lolup:
But how much does it cost to be MA favorite player. :)

I have some questions:

1) The prize for (both SOLO and FFA) for 1st place in category 1 is the same as the prize for 1st place in category 2,3,4 and 5?

2) Are FFA token scores Normalised as in the case of SOLO instances or the total token score is what will be used for deciding placements?

3) Since there is no level cap, can one avatar win multiple placements throughout different categories in Solo instances?

4) How many of you are disappointed ?

Hmm, okay, this looks like a weird event.

also note that they value the ring for more then 10.000PED; which I don't really think that would be the MU value 2 years in the future. This with how many UL rings that drop.

I wonder how many ppl will try to get the most tokens and be screwed in the end.

Well, at least it looks more mayhem like then other years.

And if those tokens are looted, maybe some ubers with terminator will feel screwed because the maths differ from reality? Since most DPS doesn't mean first place.

ahh, well, ho ho ho, merry mayhem

This is really disappointing the direction they're trying to go with these events. Instead of them releasing a new item as a prize for MM, they decide to sell it on the web shop for $5,000 USD (invisible armor) and then have non-tradable Universal Ammo as prizes for Solo and Free for All (team) categories. I guess we'll find out more tomorrow but I'm interested to see if Solo mayhem is more DPS based like previous MMs or semi-luck based like Halloween and Core mayhem. It seems the biggest winner of this event is whoever sold the terminator 6 or so months ago ... lol :laugh:

It is official now. MindArk has entered the age of utter disappointment, retardation and incompetence. R.I.P. to the best, and once honorable, event in the universe. Prizes are now trash. Me and my dedicated team will not be competing in this hideous abomination.

absolutely :).. full agreement Sir Azzah

in our soc we also discussed the pro/cons because of the new rules.....we participated the last years also with a top placement..but this year it´s going to be the big surprise then...not going with full power anymore...not going for the most dps...etc

-->this is going to be a casual fun event with no hurry ...but hey..its getting cheaper then ...

Eddie

Last edited:
Without categories, no reason for people below the top 25 of hunters to participate in the solo event, unless they can manage to get to 5k points (5000 ped ammo bonus)

I got 25th prize in cat 3 last year.. Was already collecting gear and pills to try and redo that.
No need to bother now. I got 8.162 points last year.. I can stop at 5k this year, if its possible to make that.. because who is to say that every mob will contain a star? (since you loot them)

I even think that a mistake has been made with the ammo bonus:

500 Points - 50 PED Universal Ammo
2000 Points - 200 PED Universal Ammo
5000 Points - 5000 PED Universal Ammo
7500 Points - 7500 PED Universal Ammo
10000 Points - 10000 PED Universal Ammo

I don't mind but 5000 ped ammo for 5k points? while 2k points gives 200 ped..

Last edited:
Seems i was completely wrong. Apologies for telling people to stop complaining. Just the one prize cat fot solo.

Rgds

Ace

Without categories, no reason for people below the top 25 of hunters to participate in the solo event, unless they can manage to get to 5k points (500 ped ammo bonus)

I got 25th prize in cat 3 last year.. Was already collecting gear and pills to try and redo that.
No need to bother now.

Maybe but just maybe the bright side of this is that people 12 years in the game won't chip out to stay under level 50??
How can you motivate such player if he is satisfied with a top3 prize in category3 and then he goes afk all year?

nice universal ammo rewards :D

Well, looks like this entire event is worthless for new and even mid-level players. Though, honestly, in my experience with this "game" so far, that seems to be the normal MO.

Last edited:
Very interesting info, it seems that this year the MM will be totally different.
Thinking on the rules of previous MM events, I am not sure if I have understood correctly the rules for 2015.
There are 5 categories. Are those categories restricted by avatar lvl as in previous events?
I have seen 15 prizes. Do we have only 15 prizes for all 5 cat , or there are 15 prizes per cat as in previous events?
How much points do we receive for the tokens? Are tokens with different point value? Which are those values?

What is this? Unclear scoring and no level requirements? Why not make it simple and fair like last year, when 1 Kerberos=1point, 1 Araneatrox=2 points, 1 Yulebot=10 points?
Happy holidays!

Mindark / Entropia Universe have turned down the wrong path... Webshop & bad events.... it seems they've gone the path of the dark side :-(

What we need are events that motivates and can contain all levels of players in the game. Give them something to work towards and goals they are able to archieve. This stuff is deeply demotivating to 90% of the playerbase

Mindark / Entropia Universe have turned down the wrong path... Webshop & bad events.... it seems they've gone the path of the dark side :-(

What we need are events that motivates and can contain all levels of players in the game. Give them something to work towards and goals they are able to archieve. This stuff is deeply demotivating to 90% of the playerbase

I, like 95% of players are surprised by these rule changes. Mindark can see the complete jigsaw picture of the MM results that only we as individual players can see partially.

It is speculation on my part, but the 5 categories stategy (whilst looking fair on the surface to us as players) may have been a failure if the same group of players were winning with Alt's using shared equipment. They can see what goes on with prizes, and the equipment used - we cant.

I could be completely wrong on the above, and they just thought - "screw it, its easier to run 2 database reports, rather than 10 in January"

As with a disasterous Landgrab 8 or so years ago (for those that can remember that), if this year's Merry Mayhem has low player participation and as a company, lower profits, you can bet your last Ped that it'll be changed for Xmas 2016.

The changes for this year are so drastic, I'm still second guessing the reasons WHY. The above is my guesstimate so far. Make of it what you will. :xmas:

too busy with compet to make new items

not enough cash to give pedrewards for 10 categories..
Big BS : YES
MA's loss : YES
Players loss : YES

don't like it? go play compet

My estimate would be that mindark saw how much arkadia with gold rush turned over and compared it to last years merry mayhem :p
Lets face it - enough people have complained that the top price always goes to the 'wrong' people - now we get the solution - everyone can get the top price if he/she pays top money and thw winners are those farming ffa tokens or working on bonus goals only (solo).
So maybe this year it can not be the same players that complained last year - right ? ;)

Back