MindArk Buys Back Calypso Land Deeds

Any breaking news related to Calypso will be published at MSM first, and then immediately posted here at PCF in the sponsored MSM forum area. If it's related to a press release, it will always be published at 7:00am East Coast US, and whatever that works out to be UT, just for future reference.

Sorry for the side-note, but just wanted to clarify.

Thank you.

Nothing personal MS9, but frankly I'm disappointed that MindArk and/or Planet Calypso AB see fit to give you - or any other player - pre-publication information for your own personal website in advance of advising the whole of their client base by publication on their own site.

This is a very interesting development indeed.

If I recall correctly, last year there was a settlement for some legal dispute, which was attributed to the SDS deal which fell through. Pretty much around the same time, the big investor announcement popped up.

From this, I hypothise that the dispute was solved by paying off the other party by paying an agreed upon amount of money to the third party, by "giving" them CLD with a certain buy back option, for a fixed price. Third party has now received his CLD revenue, and the buyback option has been invokend for 5% of the total CLD amount (20% of the third party share).

This tells me the following:
third party is not involved in order to control the planet (which is good), but only in it for the money. While this is not necessarily a good thing in RL (venture capitalists are often described as a bunch of locusts), in EU, it is, as they have no where else to go to sell their stuff than us. Moreover, they cannot strip the game and sell it in parts.

Of course, the above is a lot of hypothesizing, and not fact. There is a lot of unknowns which could have a big influence on how to perceive things.

I'd more than welcome an official word on this from Kim or Charlie.

No reason really discussing this, as it won't matter and you'll all flock to 'em anyway but...

Have you ever heard of a reverse stock split?
Do you know why companies do this?

Yes, it DOES increase the price of the stock, but at what expense?

Due dilligence is often overlooked in the stock market. It is rarely employed in EU.

OP makes it sound peachy though! YAY!
Buy 'em up.
:D

Tippin'

& In my books, undercutting current market values DOES NOT create an environment that promotes (safe) investments.

Exactly as they just knocked 9,300 peds off my investment, which may take another year to recover (if that ever happens due to confidence). That 9,300 peds doesn't even come close to my best hof after 7 years.

62 x 1300 = 80,600 and 62 x 1150 =71,300
80,600 - 71,300 = 9,300 peds

I know a few people with more deeds than me, it will be interesting to hear their reaction. I'm sorry Mindark but you need a rethink.

Rick

I'd more than welcome an official word on this from Kim or Charlie.

They are not exactly high ranking, so CFO, CEO or the the president of the company (the humble creator guy...) would be my preference.

Nothing personal MS9, but frankly I'm disappointed that MindArk and/or Planet Calypso AB see fit to give you - or any other player - pre-publication information for your own personal website in advance of advising the whole of their client base by publication on their own site.

I agree + Rep.

I actually find it quite disturbing, and highly inappropriate that a player would have advance knowledge of an announcement that affects prices so drastically. Unless, of course, MS9 is that investor.

I actually find it quite disturbing, and highly inappropriate that a player would have advance knowledge of an announcement that affects prices so drastically. Unless, of course, MS9 is that investor.

No, I own no CLDs whatsoever, and never have.

My profession is pure media, and MSM provides a service to the community, supporting the efforts of MindArk and the Planet Partners, pure and simple.

And to clarify, you (the community) get the news only one hour prior to it hitting the newswires, but that pertains to press releases only because MSM is a news service, and ... the period of time I have the news is only hours before it gets published, so I have to scramble, including engaging one of my graphics guys, then ... the hour after publishing at MSM, I'm busy posting here (if it's Calypso-related) and elsewhere to get the news out ... that's the purpose of MSM.

The EU community gets the news first, before it hits the newswires, so I hope it's beneficial.

Please, let's not take this thread off-topic and disrupt the current discussion.

Thank you.

I agree, this is fracked up! :wise:

No, I own no CLDs whatsoever, and never have.

My profession is pure media, and MSM provides a service to the community, supporting the efforts of MindArk and the Planet Partners, pure and simple.

And to clarify, you (the community) get the news only one hour prior to it hitting the newswires, but that pertains to press releases only because MSM is a news service, and ... the period of time I have the news is only hours before it gets published, so I have to scramble, including engaging one of my graphics guys, then ... the hour after publishing at MSM, I'm busy posting here (if it's Calypso-related) and elsewhere to get the news out ... that's the purpose of MSM.

The EU community gets the news first, before it hits the newswires, so I hope it's beneficial.

Please, let's not take this thread off-topic and disrupt the current discussion.

Thank you.

Your approach is rude...but you don't see that.

Is PCF the official website or are you (MSM) the official website?

I find your self-promotion of your own personal website and business within PCF quite insulting.

Regardless if I'm considered right or wrong, that's how I feel, especially since I signed up to help PCF news team...what is the point?

Rick

If this news is going to ruin the MU, setting the buyout to 1300 won't help to keep the old MU.

Meanwhile, people are already dumping their CLD on auc with 1250 BO.
time to buy! :)

Wish I could deposit... Might have to figure out some way to do that in the coming days.

Is PCF the official website or are you (MSM) the official website?
No matter how many times 711 posts otherwise, PCF is not 'official' since the deal with SDS fell through.... that is unless there is something he's not mentioned yet about MA buying the site after that deal fell through, but I don't think that ever happened...

No matter how many times 711 posts otherwise, PCF is not 'official' since the deal with SDS fell through.... that is unless there is something he's not mentioned yet about MA buying the site after that deal fell through, but I don't think that ever happened...

I thought becasue PC (Planet Calypso) staff post such things as Developer posts, this is the site PC staff use. I can't answer from an ownership point of view, however it would appear PC staff want this to be the official point of communication (rather than MSM).

Well if you are correct then the plus side is I won't be punished in game over the weekend for not accepting the new CLD prices with open arms. mmmmmm time will tell!!!!

I'm logging off, got a headache.

Rick

I thought becasue PC (Planet Calypso) staff post such things as Developer posts, this is the site PC staff use. I can't answer from an ownership point of view, however it would appear PC staff want this to be the official point of communication (rather than MSM).

Well if you are correct then the plus side is I won't be punished in game over the weekend for not accepting the new CLD prices with open arms. mmmmmm time will tell!!!!

I'm logging off, got a headache.

Rick

Well technically this is a forum for planet calypso, mindark who are selling the deeds are connected to entropiaforum.com. So if anywhere it should be posted there first. (But then again if it was posted there, the deeds would have sold before anyone noticed anything).

Right. I wonder how many more "buybacks" will follow. Mystery guy owned 25k and he allegedly sold 5k to MA. Will he do the same with the rest? Does MA actually have a share buyback program? Will they always buyback and resell at certain price? Also, why keep his identity secret?

Would players get pissed off to find a MA shareholder bought these out to support the company and now unloading them back, thus deceiving ppl into thinking they were really sold fair&square to the playerbase when it wasn't the case? Also, what if MA is just issuing more shares, diluting the pool? Decreasing revenue would certainly explain that. If MA decides to keep this guy's identity secret it will only fuel such speculation.

I am wondering, will they be sold in calypso auction, or on global auction?

And WHY should there be a NO BUYOUT option this time?

All CLDs originally posted came with a par value buyout.

Right. I wonder how many more "buybacks" will follow. Mystery guy owned 25k and he allegedly sold 5k to MA. Will he do the same with the rest? Does MA actually have a share buyback program? Will they always buyback and resell at certain price? Also, why keep his identity secret?

Would players get pissed off to find a MA shareholder bought these out to support the company and now unloading them back, thus deceiving ppl into thinking they were really sold fair&square to the playerbase when it wasn't the case? Also, what if MA is just issuing more shares, diluting the pool? Decreasing revenue would certainly explain that. If MA decides to keep this guy's identity secret it will only fuel such speculation.

well since the overall purpose was to raise a few million deposits, and the sale of quite a lot of the original deeds was from deposits, then the job was done. So if MA starts to see a big trend towards CLD's being purchased from in game funds (say LA income, or CLD income), then it might prove worthwhile from them to buy deeds back from auction, and hope those sale proceeds are not withdrawn.

That said if resales create more depos thats a perfect position to be in. I'm sure the agenda changes based on how much MA accountants are screaming for more money.

All deed holders are secret buyers unless they decide to disclose that information. All the big buyer did was buy direct. Sure could be MA employee. Might have even been at the request of MA if the trend for purchase near the end of the original sale was moving away from cash deposits to in game raised funds with a deal struck to buy them back later.

Personally I don't care who owns them, I do care how the new sale has effected exisiting deed holders.

Rick

And WHY should there be a NO BUYOUT option this time?

All CLDs originally posted came with a par value buyout.

True, but at 1150 BO they all will surely go in 20 seconds after listing, most likely into a very limited number of hands, which defeats the task of "more evenly redistribution" :)

My apologies if I offended anyone, it was certainly not my intention. :(

My inspiration and motivation has always been our great community, and the only thing I'm interested in doing is being of service as I've always been for 7+ years. We're working hard at MSM to be a quality EU news service, and my hope is that there's benefit to the community.

Going forward, I will not partake in any further discussions, and just post the Calypso-related news in the sponsored MSM forum section, which I thank 711 for creating.

I wish the new PCF News Team much success with their efforts, and it will be nice to see more on the front page. My best to everyone.

WHAT??????????

This is even more disturbing than recent loot changes. It simply undermines trust to company behind this game.

It seems like there was no mysterious buyer at all and this 25k deeds was simply transferred to one (or more) people working for MA.

If there would be, he/she would be able to sell all deeds for this price without any need of buyback and all this PR efforts.

Another issue is why MA AGAIN interfere with MU of items? Dumped shitload of unlimited items recently resulting in mu going down on almost all items, now CLDs...

So what is your next move MA? another 5k deeds dumped on auction in half a year to celebrate 1.5 year? maybe for 800 PED this time????????????????????????????????

Does this company really looking for a day when all paying players quit game??

Not a repost, MSM broke the news at 11:00 UT prior to it hitting the newswires an hour later, and prior to it being published at the EU website where Bertha Bot picked it up (so I guess it is sort of a repost :laugh:). The MSM article is also written differently based on the full MindArk press release, and not taken from the EU website.

Any breaking news related to Calypso will be published at MSM first, and then immediately posted here at PCF in the sponsored MSM forum area. If it's related to a press release, it will always be published at 7:00am East Coast US, and whatever that works out to be UT, just for future reference.

Sorry for the side-note, but just wanted to clarify.

Thank you.

Do you still play game?
Why the heck MA will favour you and provide any information to you before whole population?
Why you would get unfair advantage to know about ALL breaking news changes?

Is it just me who find it distressful and make me to not trust MA and yourself?

WHAT??????????

This is even more disturbing than recent loot changes. It simply undermines trust to company behind this game.

It seems like there was no mysterious buyer at all and this 25k deeds was simply transferred to one (or more) people working for MA.

If there would be, he/she would be able to sell all deeds for this price without any need of buyback and all this PR efforts.

Another issue is why MA AGAIN interfere with MU of items? Dumped shitload of unlimited items recently resulting in mu going down on almost all items, now CLDs...

So what is your next move MA? another 5k deeds dumped on auction in half a year to celebrate 1.5 year? maybe for 800 PED this time????????????????????????????????

Does this company really looking for a day when all paying players quit game??

+ REP

All true well said..
Sad part is that fanboyz will now try to explain how wrong you are...

+ REP

All true well said..
Sad part is that fanboyz will now try to explain how wrong you are...

Nah we're too busy buying the CLD for 1150, and preparing for the next batch at 800 :yay::yay:

can we cool it with the attacks to MSM?

Its news... let the news people compete to give the best news? Doesn't that breed the best product for the customer? IE us! Its great that we have more than 1 news medium.

Anyways .. I can't believe the cld thing as well. I own 0 .. but I did buy 40 when they came out.. Sold em all for 1250 to finance my shops...

Man I am so glad I did that...

We shall see how it turns out! Feel really bad about the cld holders atm, but also realize that 5,000 clds out there is not much.

Sam

Do you still play game?
Why the heck MA will favour you and provide any information to you before whole population?

I'm disgusted by any abuse directed here towards Mindstar9. She is merely a messenger doing a service to the Community. There is absolutely no suspicion of her making any money by getting this news ahead of anyone else. Stick to the topic.

Which is - is this investor connected to MA, when did MA know about this sale, will there be another one, why did most investors apparently not know 35k/60k were not sold to small investors, etc.

Last edited:
I hold a large amount of deeds and this doesnt bother me one bit.

If the markup value of the deeds is truly 130% then a brief sale of deeds at 115% will not impact anything in the long term. These 5000 deeds will sell, and the price will rise back to 130%.

If the 130% figure is inflated because one seller is dominating the market, then a share buyback will result in a correction to a more appropriate value. This is also encouraging from a long term perspective, as the true value of the investment becomes illuminated over time.

That an MA affiliate may or may not have bought shares is irrelevant. They still had to be purchased back from this affiliate. So what? What a person or group does with their money is their concern, not a community concern. The affiliate spent money, made money off and investment, and then sold some capital back to the originator, possibly at a small markup.

They've made money over the last 6 months off the shares, and now make a small amount of money again in selling in bulk. Sounds like smart investing to me.

Ahh, but some will argue that 25,000 shares were not sold at all! Given the potential for exposure to allegations of consumer fraud involved in advertising 2.5 million dollars of shares were sold and capital was raised, it makes no sense to have said the items were sold if in fact they weren't. The penalties for this are much more severe than the penalty for saying to the customer base "We will sell more shares at a later date."

I think this entire concern is alot of bluster about nothing at all.

Come on people, we need to appreciate the fact that there is not a random name for an avatar that lists deeds in auction from a new investor... We could have never known that this ever happened from official sources unless they would have told us. Now we know.

Why miss on the free front page advertising and probably email newsletters due shortly? Sale by random unknown, never before seen avatar wouldn't fetch high price, by the contrary, would risk totally crashing share price and thus undermining MA future efforts to unload even more shares from "buybacks" or real buybacks. Advertised front page sale, weeks in advance, is totally different story.

I'm disgusted by any abuse directed here towards Mindstar9. She is merely a messenger doing a service to the Community. There is absolutely no suspicion of her making any money by getting this news ahead of anyone else. Stick to the topic.

The issue is based on the community of PCF expecting to hear first, only fair I think.

Well its a him not a her in RL, so chocolate and roses not required, nor emotions.

Do you still play game?

That's how I felt, but who knows whats going on????

My apologies if I offended anyone, it was certainly not my intention. :(

.............and just post the Calypso-related news in the sponsored MSM forum section, which I thank 711 for creating.

Well maybe Mindstar an apology is not required if you were asked to post on MSM by 711. I'm sure you understand why we are protective of PCF (can you imagine if we posted in your site to promote another website we might create for news). Maybe 711's intentions with your site, was prior to 711 requesting his own news crew.

Some clarity required I guess.

Rick

Meanwhile, at MindArk...

"Alright guys. What would REALLY piss off our customers? I mean, there's no way we're going to maintain players if we keep them happy."

Back