MindArk paid company analysis

Sulje

Prowler
Society
The Prodigy
Sulje
*Assuming it was paid analysis, there are few very interesting points they have shared in it, such as my prediction of new shares/deeds every year (like TI)

It was a paid analysis as it states at the end, "This analysis is a commissioned analysis where the analyzed company has entered into anagreement with Kalqyl for analysis. The analysis/es is/are published either at a single occasionor an ongoing basis during the contract period for a customary fee."

So MindArk agreed to the analysis. I wonder who commissioned it? could it be MindArk? :)

Interesting..Thank you for sharing.

Thank you very much Sulje....very interesting :))

My biggest laugh so far has been reading that on forums about EU that they surveyed, a user suggests x. I won't say what it was, but it shows the levels of credibility the creators of this were willing to put in. I had already laughed a few times about their 'assessments' and their use of 'not ... soon'.
To their defense, they don't actually know what is correct if MA doesn't provide the info or answers to certain questions, but it sounds like they were paid to fish around in the dark for a bit and then say they met no monsters while out there.
Anyway, thanks for the catch as they say ... :p

Edit: there are some interesting snippets of intention passed on by MA, though, so should be considered a worthwhile read overall ...

Last edited:
My biggest laugh so far has been reading that on forums about EU that they surveyed, a user suggests x. I won't say what it was, but it shows the levels of credibility the creators of this were willing to put in. I had already laughed a few times about their 'assessments' and their use of 'not ... soon'.
To their defense, they don't actually know what is correct if MA doesn't provide the info or answers to certain questions, but it sounds like they were paid to fish around in the dark for a bit and then say they met no monsters while out there.
Anyway, thanks for the catch as they say ... :p

Edit: there are some interesting snippets of intention passed on by MA, though, so should be considered a worthwhile read overall ...
All paid analysis looks like this, there is a multi-billion market for writing paid analysis such as this, it was funny to me that business people actually read it and believe it most of the time.

This means that many of MindArk's developers spend time and resources fixing technical issues instead of creating new content for users.

LMAO

Should we all agree MA and EU in general have become a profit reaping corporation which in return give less shits about their investors/players? 😂😂😂

Came across this document that was published a few days ago and though to share it

*Assuming it was paid analysis, there are few very interesting points they have shared in it, such as my prediction of new shares/deeds every year (like TI)
Deed sales: We believe new deed sales have the potential to be a significant growth driver for MindArkgoing forward. At the last sale, the deeds sold out quickly, indicating a high level of demand. Inaddition, the total sales amount increased significantly between 2020 and 2021. Given the highdemand and the expected increase in the player base after the completion of Unreal Engine 5, we seea great potential to continue to increase total sales of deeds long-term, which may increase thecompany's earnings opportunities.

Wonder what new deeds they will come up with? :D New deeds every year :D

Deed sales: We believe new deed sales have the potential to be a significant growth driver for MindArkgoing forward. At the last sale, the deeds sold out quickly, indicating a high level of demand. Inaddition, the total sales amount increased significantly between 2020 and 2021. Given the highdemand and the expected increase in the player base after the completion of Unreal Engine 5, we seea great potential to continue to increase total sales of deeds long-term, which may increase thecompany's earnings opportunities.

Wonder what new deeds they will come up with? :D New deeds every year :D
Yes, but after TI, I don't think shares will be that successful in the future.

such as my prediction of new shares/deeds every year (like TI)
Well hold on. Mindark has ALREADY confirmed new shares/deeds every year from the interview that came out early this year.

This seems like kind of a rehash of that though?

Ah well, sometimes it really do be like that.

"
It is important to point out that changing the game engine does not change the underlying game mechanics, which in our opinion is the main explanation for Entropias loyal player base."

This line is moderately important I think.

Also once again restating that the game could go to phone and console and specifically targetting the Asian demographic.

Firing up to 40% of employees to gain higher profit margins. Owie bye bye my favorite MA employee =)

"
Entropia Universe has a broad user base ranging from 18 to 75 years old, and the average age is 33 years. The higher average age of the players means that the user base has strong financial resources and thus may spend more money in the game. Most users reside in North America and Western Europe, leading to high revenue per user. Since the game is based on a real-world economy, users must be at least 18 years old to play the game. Entropia Universe currently has over five million registered accounts20"

Definitely taking a deep dive into all this on the stream today. Can't wait!

Last edited:
"
MindArk also focuses on interacting directly with its player base to keep players engaged. For example, the company is active on forums where the game is discussed "

The lie detector has determined that was a lie.

"
MindArk also focuses on interacting directly with its player base to keep players engaged. For example, the company is active on forums where the game is discussed "

I disagree, I think this statement is true, although not what we would like to see. Heavily moderating the forum would fit right in with "interacting directly" and "the company is active on forums where the game is discussed". Doesnt mean the company itself is participating in the actual discussions.

If that idea of focus were attempted in game then they wouldn't even be able to sweat a snable.
The second sentence of the quote is true, however, in that 0.001 > 0 - but not by very much!

"It is important to point out that changing the game engine does not change the underlying game mechanics, which in our opinion is the main explanation for Entropias [sic] loyal player base."
I can agree with that, though - game mechanics and RCE, but that the mechanics are reasonably available without too much loss of time is also important. We don't have to spend 10 mins getting from A to B within a city to get to whatever NPC or terminals etc, for example.

Last edited:
Examples of revenue through consumption

Player 1 opens a user account for switching the PED to his so-called PED card

Player 1 has 100 PEDs on his PED card and buys a sword for 10 PEDs. A sword account is created with a value of 10 PED. The PED card has 90 PEDs + the 10 PEDs of the sword account. The total value of the account is still 100 PED.

Player 1 sells the sword to player 2 who is willing to pay a certain market price, such as 15 PED. Player 1 now has a total of 105 PEDs (90 PEDs + 15 PEDs), but no sword. Player 1 has thus earned 5 PEDs

Player 2 now has 15 PEDs less in his account but has a sword for which he has paid 15 PEDs which, according to the sword account, is still worth 10 PEDs. Player 2 has lost 5 PEDs but has a sword that he believes has a use value equivalent to 15 PED.

Player 2 uses the sword a few times, causing the sword to wear out. This reduces the value of the hosting account, and consumption (revenue) is registered in a microtransaction log. When the sword has almost no value left it can be repaired. The repair is paid for by the player and the cost is transferred from the user's PED account to the sword account in this example.

Players can thus earn PED by buying or appropriating virtual items cheaply and selling them at a higher price. Any PEDs earned by the player can then be exchanged into the fiat currency of their choice, which means that there is potential for players to earn money playing Entropia Universe. There are several examples like this in the game. Another type of consumption is that a player buys a car and use gasoline. Consumption then occurs because the gasoline has to be purchased with PED and the car wears when it is used, and it costs PED to repair it.

:broke:

"

Nah, they talk about BerthaBot.

Nice one, cheers for sharing! It Was a good read and pleased to see how heavily they leaned into unreal engine 5.

Fun stuff. Thanks for sharing. Think every EU player should give this page a read.
AI & UE5 perceived as biggest risks to MA solvency.
Personally I am glad to see them taking these risks :whip:
XeZohxQ.png

Back