MindArk Recruits New CTO From Ericsson

Care to remember that Sony bought Ericsson out of mobile phone venture? And I happen to think that Apple is still market leader at the moment...

You are talking about the phone market i talk about the telecom network market, two diffrent markets. Ericsson and the Chinese company Huawei are the biggest on that.

And this gets more players ingame? Doubles the number of participants? :eyecrazy:

Yes. Less people getting frustrated and more people coming to the game due to a leading edge feature set will lead to the number of players increasing and thus the number of active participants doubling over time.

can be good.

a CTO is to develope and research new technologies to be implemented into the products which are meant for the customers.

so that he calls out a personal goal inform of participant grow is sporty and right attitude in such position.

-focus on existing tech problems and their removal
-research new technologies and systems
-implementing new stuff
-reporting directly to the CEO.

if he comes from sweden or not shall be of no interest.

the continuesly will to go into new land noone inside a company saw before is important here.

no need to know the plattform from beginning but be able to learn it in no time is A and O - one of the basic skills needed.

in times of monthly bugs and ongoing issues for month not bad move to hire someone for that.

i hope he can work in peace and wont get caught in too much smoke grenades when researching reasons behing issues inside the product.

if they throw in news that they replace the existing ericsson voice system shall give us thought again =)

i whish him good luck that he can present us a stable product with creative new things.

OK. first of all this is Infinity01... so no hiding here

I totally agree with what is bellow

...especially inlight of the recent past wide spread disruptions including space and planets... These are reflection of bad implementation of things accross multiple servers.

So, I think it's the right move by MA...

However, I dont' think he is in a position to say to double the EU population by the end of 2013.... may be it's a reflection of an enthusiastic ex-erricson/EU player... who've realized the problem MA is facing, and wanted to give a helping hand to MA. Erricson is not doing good worldide either. So it might be a clever move by him, and it'd be a good thing for MA too if he has the real expertize (which I think he has - at least hope so)...

So it'd be a win (MA) win (him) win(players) situation for all parties concerned

As for doubling the numbers by 2013... yes it seems an impossibility... but the way technology is moving... nothing is impossible to be honest!
With better pc and graphic cards... and explosion of activities (both in terms of numbers and money)in the virtual world.. the facebook/sim generation are going to venture out soon in world like EU..
I've seen a video of diablo III... I'd not go for that kind game. So there are a lot of potential players out there... MA just needs to target them right... and in that scenario I dont' think it's an imposibility....

Finally, my usual conspiracy theory (one of the reason for banning me)

If I'm correct (that he is an EU player)... what's the name of his avatar in EU... and what would happen to that avatar.

Is there a need for disclaimer they way Hanne.skam did few yrs ago)

To 711: now that you know this is infinity01... go ahead and ban me...lol... you may ban my original account permanently if you wish.

....and if you dont' ban me (infinity01)permanently I'll have more to say after my ban is over. You may not like that!

so decide carefully......LOL.

You are on a temp ban, and yet still you create a second account which is not allowed, and post in a thread saying you are an alt of the previous banned account. Do you want to be permanetnly banned? Or are you actually that disenlightned that you think this is a good idea?

Rgds

Ace

good news... but somewhat odd to hear that sort of thing from a CTO. how is he going to use technology to increase participants? i'd like to see the CEO, Marketing and Sales Directors goals. hopefully its a case of using an appointment to put out a general company goal in the PR.

I think if you look at the planet releases, space introduction and the time its taking to bring the old systems back I think a CTO is a good idea. If he can scale up MAs development, reduce bugs and give potential planet partners a better development environment then this could have a positive influence on the number of participants.

Im a bit worried about this.
For example - results from survey told 83%(or what number it was) indirectly said - we left because of bad loot. What MA did within 2 weeks? Nerfed argos nad drones...

MA stuff know exactly what they MUST do. But they are closing their eyes, hiring stuff they hardly need, avoiding the most importants steps.

Well, lets wait, maybe it will be ok after all, but as I said, I do not believe there will be +100% active players untill 2013.

Entropia is too buggy, laggy, expensive and out of reach for vast majority of potential players.

EDIT: I just need to add here that I wont be negative by any means. I have no reason to be. Im doing ok. I just said the above because of my almost 5 years experience playing and watching this game nad MA.

Last edited:
Getting those extra players shouldn't be an issue with 6 Million $ to advertise & new PP's that should bring in their own playerbase, it's keeping them that's gonna be the challenge.

Last edited:
How can this tech guy double the number of participants? He doesn't pulls the lines there

How can MA double the number of participants when they are taking all your salary in a day with this shared loot events ans so on

How can they image people will stay when they see they loose 100 USD in 3-4 hours? This is utterly crap, I cannot even imagine, maybe this game is for the very rich ones that don't really care about the money

Let us know MA if so so we don;t weaste our hard earned money in finding that this is a rich mans game, have some respect for us!

maybe this game is for the very rich ones that don't really care about the money

You understand it only now? Who the hell will be ok with loosing 100$ in few hours on video game? only person who do not care about money.

MA have become hostages of their system (RCE),I think they can not change anything,just move slowly to the nearest iceberg.

Kids, let's stay polite here, ok! :wise:

I can not recall any of such shiny news coming actually true. so maybe this time it will? I seriously wish good luck to him and want to see those plans achieved! who knows, maybe the skills and gear will once again matter then... :smoke:

J.

I know Swedish guys are (still) proud of their Ericsson, but market leader is no more.

I worked with their equipment for 13 years now - while some of it was sturdy and relatively hastle free compared with some of their competitors, lately some of their platforms are quite unstable (e.g. MSCs and BSCs based on Windows clusters.. common!). Also the radio equipment, since they moved the manufacturing of boards in Mexico the quality dropped a lot (sounds familiar?). Not really know if atm they still producing anything there, it was quite a stirr few years ago.

Ericsson last announcement was to slash yet another 10% of their company jobs. Lately Ericsson survived due to their "management contracts" they managed to sign with major operators, a monstruosity which proved short lived but looked good in the books for several years. At least they hired a bunch of cheapo tech students in my country :D.

Their management was a disaster and their greed and disregard of their good technical staff - native or foreigners - while keeping large offices in countries where engineering means you are able to write an e-mail, destroyed the company. They kept the high prices for the software licences and Chinese state companies came to fill the void all over Europe, at even a lower quality but this is the world today.. Ericsson equipment is decommisioned on large scale and replaced with Huawei or ZTE. The word was that some big-shot from /// left to China with a suitcase full of papers years ago, giving the Chinese a much needed technical know-how - don't know if its a myth.

So if the new guy will come with the same brilliant idea to kick off 1-2 engineers and hire a pretty face for marketing purposes... it will not work.

You understand it only now? Who the hell will be ok with loosing 100$ in few hours on video game? only person who do not care about money.

How about all those people who play the game on a budget? Why do you keep pinning your own faults on the game?

How can MA double the number of participants when they are taking all your salary in a day with this shared loot events ans so on

Nobody pushes you in those events. Nobody forces you to not hunt cornunda or other low mob :p Fun comes with a price, pay it or find fun in other direction.

How about all those people who play the game on a budget? Why do you keep pinning your own faults on the game?

After middle-level hunting playing for 15-30$ per month equal to sweeting :laugh:, price for middle level game is too high , and I dont have much faults ;) GLHF

Why is everyone so happy? You all know this guy personally and what a great leader he is? The goal sounds great and all, but what on earth does being Chief Technology Officer have to do with increasing the playerbase? Someone should buy MindArk a business textbook.

Previously Klas Moreau was Head of Business Unit Command, Control and Applications at Ericsson, the Swedish Telecom Giant.

Can anyone explain wtf that even means? Surely all you people jumping on the bandwagon must be familiar with his work as head of business unit command, control and applications.

Why is everyone so happy? You all know this guy personally and what a great leader he is? The goal sounds great and all, but what on earth does being Chief Technology Officer have to do with increasing the playerbase? Someone should buy MindArk a business textbook.

Can anyone explain wtf that even means? Surely all you people jumping on the bandwagon must be familiar with his work as head of business unit command, control and applications.

a good cto is working with sustainability to check if his actions and changes on a product are not just soap bubble arguments to keep him inside a company and justify his existence but have a positive influence on customers and when growth is the goal is growth he will measure his performance with.

if he manages that is another thing, a thing which must be done.

what he needs is the support of his colleagues for new things and openess to them.

if he faces smoke grenades cause old timers just want to sit on their old believes and not change anything just talk ideas down he cant do anything. he will move on then if his own reputation is worth to him.

if he leave the company withing next year is a acknowledgement of what people already smell long time.

fish stink from the head first.

we will see what happen.

that the forum moderators told people about the negativity here is for me a sign that the company recognizes exactly whats going on. just they dont admit it they choose offensive to not admit weakness.

believe you centech believe :D

ineresting movement happens

Back