MindArk released a new financial report: How financially healthy is MA?

Da Snake

Alpha
Society
Miner's Mafia
Ssurak "da Snake" Gelid
Lets see how healthy the PE economy and Mindark actually are. Marco claimed in his response to the open letter by Gryffon that MA is in good financial shape, but is it really?

MA released a new financial report can someone translate from Swedish into English? I haven't had any luck with the online tools I have found so far.

The report is on the Mindark website. The link is http://www.mindark.com/docs/reports/Bokslutskommunik%E9_2005.pdf

My first sense, if the line items are similiar as to what they are in the US that things aren't so good, but I will reserve judgement until I get a translated copy.
If someone could post a translation we could analyze it here as a community..

a few clues

gross income 12 081 kkr (kkr?? = 1000xSEK i would guess :dunno: ) for the 4th quarter
gross income 2005: 28 219 kkr
cashflow 2005 3694 kkr

24,6M SEK more in capital is expected (investors ect)

the number of new players are 74% more compared to last year

i hope that make any sense. kinda busy at work here lol

i would say they're doing pretty good (if i get the document right. im not swedish :rolleyes: )

Thanks Sob that helps!

What is "Resultat före bokslutsdispositioner
och skatt" ? for 2005 the number was 6 544

that swung them into profit and don't know what that is...

Da Snake said:

<Silverbane> result before taxes and stuff.

^^
so netincome before paying out loan interest, taxes, depreciation, and amortization.

i think you might be reading it wrong.. cause that wouldnt 'swing' them into profit.. =/ there should be a line space there..

Thanks Dash Smashing!

Your right that makes more sense now, that is EBITA. looks like almost half their profit came in the 4th quarter of 2005....interesting

Da Snake said:
Thanks Dash Smashing!

Your right that makes more sense now, that is EBITA. looks like almost half their profit came in the 4th quarter of 2005....interesting

maybe its because i signed up? i belive my creditcard can verify that lol :laugh:

That would be because of the sale of CND!
I believe their year end is December. I saw the accounts for the seven months to July and they looked good to me. I can only assume they will be even better due to the influx of people due to the CND sale.

Can someone with more time on their hands convert to USD and GBP please :) thanks.

AkiranBlade said:
Can someone with more time on their hands convert to USD and GBP please :) thanks.

Live mid-market rates as of 2006.03.02 16:58:29 UTC.
4,976,000.00 SEK = 630,179.08 USD
Sweden Kronor - United States Dollars
1 SEK = 0.126644 USD, 1 USD = 7.89617 SEK

From www.xe.com

/Kjetil :cool:

as far as i know, MA has stockholders, and alot of investors. so their result isnt of much importance, since if they go bankrupt (again), which isnt likely at all, the angel investors will be there to pay.

this game is forever =)

Da Snake said:
Thanks Sob that helps!

"Resultat före" = "Result before". I don't know how to translate "bokslutsdispositioner", but I can try to explain what the phrase "Resultat före bokslutsdispositioner" means.

A company that gets profit has to pay taxes on that profit. Using some fully legal methods, these taxes can be payed at a later date. Companies often use methods like these to, for example, even out the taxes payed over the years. These methods are called "bokslutsdispositioner" in swedish.

So, "results before bokslutsdispositioner" would mean the actual result before any of these methods have been used to either increase or decrease the result they will pay taxes for this year.

(oh, forgot : :wise: )

"Resultat före" = "Result before". I don't know how to translate "bokslutsdispositioner", but I can try to explain what the phrase "Resultat före bokslutsdispositioner" means.

A company that gets profit has to pay taxes on that profit. Using some fully legal methods, these taxes can be payed at a later date. Companies often use methods like these to, for example, even out the taxes payed over the years. These methods are called "bokslutsdispositioner" in swedish.

So, "results before bokslutsdispositioner" would mean the actual result before any of these methods have been used to either increase or decrease the result they will pay taxes for this year.

(oh, forgot : :wise: )

The english accounting term is EBITDA, or "Earnings Before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation and Amortization"

:wise:

The english accounting term is EBITDA, or "Earnings Before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation and Amortization"

:wise:

... And you had to revive a four year old thread to say that?:laugh:

ooops... I blame the other guy that linked me to this thread... :p

2006 was a nice year for me,let's bump this thread a little for that great year:)

Financial report of MA in English and Swedish

Semi-annual report First half of 2009 in english

Looks like not bad or good as of July 2009.

Results for the First Half of 2009 (Copied from the report in the 2nd link)
....On the whole, MindArk’s focus during this year on investment in product
development and organization, combined with the very weak economy, has
resulted in stagnation of income for the MindArk Group.
Users’ net contribution for the first 6 months was 32 million SEK, compared to
34.5 million the previous year, a decrease of 7%.
The Group’s operating profit was 10.6 million SEK compared to 3.3 million SEK
the preceding year. Activated development costs of 11.6 million SEK are
included in that total, compared to 0 SEK the previous year....

Don't know what is happening after july 2009 since the reports are in swedish.

But the information available at the bottom of wikipedia is somewhat alarming!!!!!!

.......On 15 Jun 2010 parent company MindArk AB released it's 2009 annual report. They reported a cash flow of -18.6 Million SEK (-$2.4M). In the report it states that the real life bank they were planning to start is on hold due to a lack of funds. MindArk also says they have a signed letter of intent to sell their original virtual planet, Planet Calypso, for a price of $6,000,000 USD to an unnamed company.......

Last edited:
Financial report of MA in English and Swedish

Semi-annual report First half of 2009 in english

Looks like not bad or good as of July 2009.

Results for the First Half of 2009 (Copied from the report in the 2nd link)
....On the whole, MindArk’s focus during this year on investment in product
development and organization, combined with the very weak economy, has
resulted in stagnation of income for the MindArk Group.
Users’ net contribution for the first 6 months was 32 million SEK, compared to
34.5 million the previous year, a decrease of 7%.
The Group’s operating profit was 10.6 million SEK compared to 3.3 million SEK
the preceding year. Activated development costs of 11.6 million SEK are
included in that total, compared to 0 SEK the previous year....

Don't know what is happening after july 2009 since the reports are in swedish.

But the information available at the bottom of wikipedia is somewhat alarming!!!!!!

.......On 15 Jun 2010 parent company MindArk AB released it's 2009 annual report. They reported a cash flow of -18.6 Million SEK (-$2.4M). In the report it states that the real life bank they were planning to start is on hold due to a lack of funds. MindArk also says they have a signed letter of intent to sell their original virtual planet, Planet Calypso, for a price of $6,000,000 USD to an unnamed company.......

What? -18.6 milion SEK? That's a negative of (about) 2 377 118,32 USD ??

Woot? *scared*

Thats just the cashflow, its not like money was thrown in the toilet or anything.

Investments are merely a transformation of funds into more solid things ;)

A cost occurs when the invested thing is consumed!

What this necro'd thread shows is how this question has been asked for the past 4 years.

What this necro'd thread shows is how this question has been asked for the past 4 years.

Well the report differs vastly from that of 2006. MA had a huge cash inflow 2009 (remeber the planet licence sell, real estat business). 2009 was a complete fail, which doesn't necesarily mean that the sky is falling. But I'm pretty sure MA won't survive on it's own.

The news that MA can't get a banking license due to insufficient funds is a big sign that business is going bad. If MA doesn't find a big investor it definely is time to worry.

Last edited:
Back