Help: Missions from VU 12.1.3

MA-quality strikes again... can't talk to Staff Sergeant Buch Jacobs, nothing happens. ;)
Why am I not suprised? :D

MA-quality strikes again... can't talk to Staff Sergeant Buch Jacobs, nothing happens. ;)
Why am I not suprised? :D

Have you completed the preceding missions? I have just completed the Mermoth missions, and he now talks to me.

The map at the bottom of page 1 shows the dependency trail.

Dependency on the mermoths

At least for me, Volcanic rocks was a dependency for The Mermoths.

Have you completed the preceding missions? I have just completed the Mermoth missions, and he now talks to me.

The map at the bottom of page 1 shows the dependency trail.
That's why you should have a reply from that NPC that "you have something else to do first",
not just silence. ;)

At least for me, Volcanic rocks was a dependency for The Mermoths.

Sorry I didn't say Hi when I saw you - was afk.

It wasn't for me - I did the Mermoths, then realised I hadn't done the Volcanic Rocks, and had to go back round, killing more Mermoths. So Volcanic Rocks is parallel to the 2 Mermoth missions, and finally after all 3, you get the 4th Mission to go to Falcon.

Yes, some NPC's are silent, and some have a meaningless dialogue if you are out of sequence; Could be improved. Though so far, having reached Falcon, this is a well-designed mission chain for mid-level players and above.

Sorry I didn't say Hi when I saw you - was afk.

It wasn't for me - I did the Mermoths, then realised I hadn't done the Volcanic Rocks, and had to go back round, killing more Mermoths. So Volcanic Rocks is parallel to the 2 Mermoth missions, and finally after all 3, you get the 4th Mission to go to Falcon.

Yes, some NPC's are silent, and some have a meaningless dialogue if you are out of sequence; Could be improved. Though so far, having reached Falcon, this is a well-designed mission chain for mid-level players and above.

Its interesting, as I was not able to get it before I had done the volcanic rocks - so I got to kill extra Mermoths, both looking for the rocks and later as part of the 'The Mermoths' mission. I guess the common part is that we ended up killing extra mermoths as we did not have both missions - I wonder if the order is random, if there is some dependency controlling it. Has anybody been able to do these two at the same time?

Not that I minded the extra kills, I now have 33 nice mermoth leathers in my storage.

Mission "The Big Mining Find" and "The Daily Mining Work" are repetable after one day.

In case a confirmation is needed, i can confirm token rewards for 'kill em all' parts 1 and 2.

I can confirm token rewards for parts 1 through 6:)

I just finished the Mermoth flipper mission, so my next one is the Rextelum chitin fragment mission. But do I really have to find 50 chitin fragments or do I just need to kill 50 rextelums ?

The reason I ask is that I have killed at least 150 rextelums before (I did the Western island missions first) and only have 3 chitin fragments. So I really hope I don't need to kill thousands of rextelum in order to get 50 chitin fragments:eyecrazy:

I just finished the Mermoth flipper mission, so my next one is the Rextelum chitin fragment mission. But do I really have to find 50 chitin fragments or do I just need to kill 50 rextelums ?

The reason I ask is that I have killed at least 150 rextelums before (I did the Western island missions first) and only have 3 chitin fragments. So I really hope I don't need to kill thousands of rextelum in order to get 50 chitin fragments:eyecrazy:

No, you don't have to find the actual rex chitin frags. It works like the mermoth flippers mission and it doesn't take long.

help

now i got the list from the guy who poped it up here gratz on ur work m8 now my problem is i cant open the guy where u get the 100 kill daikiba's mission from how to i open him to get to the kill mission off the guy outside?

now i got the list from the guy who poped it up here gratz on ur work m8 now my problem is i cant open the guy where u get the 100 kill daikiba's mission from how to i open him to get to the kill mission off the guy outside?

As far I know there're not dependances to open this mission, go to Base Falcon and talk with Dr. Jenna Zimsky, you have to kill them in the Daikiba spawn area. Dr. Jenna Zimsky is inside the service if I'm not wrong

ok i found out how to get the kill mission from the guy outside but how do i actually do the cricket wave event do the 50 counts go on the clock cuz i had a few times from that wave no kills go on it + do i have to kill the all to get to the boss or just kill 50 of them

ok i found out how to get the kill mission from the guy outside but how do i actually do the cricket wave event do the 50 counts go on the clock cuz i had a few times from that wave no kills go on it + do i have to kill the all to get to the boss or just kill 50 of them

If you mean the Gokibusagi mission, it is known to be bugged with the kilsl not counting. You do have to "win" - meaning kill all in time - in all waves to get to the boss mob.

Hello,
Can someone post here a list with all the new missions please, im very confused.
Thanks!

I will try, but right now, I need me to get unconfused first :tongue2:

I have been busy finding out the exact dependencies.
It looks like you dont have to start at Odysseus as there seem no dependency present after Deliver the mining info.
I think you can start with the robot digsite and progress after that.

So far it looks like you dont have to do:
@odysseus: clearing the swamp and hunting down the tripudions
@research camp: robohunter and the Allophyls
@camouflaged camp (west): something fishy and help clear the area!

Any comments?

(see also: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...mission-etc.&p=2846908&viewfull=1#post2846908)

Last edited:
From what I can gather from most threads - these are the east island mission dependancies and rewards.

- first number denotes mission in chain - follow the numbers
- number in bracket denotes number of mission tokens rewarded
- Green circles are first mission in chain
- Orange circles are intermediate dependant missions
- Red circles are end point missions
- Blue circles require all missions above to be completed at that location to be unlocked
- Only filled small blue circles denote the mission broker or trigger location

*Note: 'The Volcano Rocks' mission has been reported on a few occasions to be a requirement for the Mermoth missions, whereas for some players it is only required to receive the final mission at that location.

Can be updated or Sherwood can imlement into his post and maps.

According to me Mining on the Island gave 2 tokens.
And I think Robohunter (and The Allophyls certainly is not) is required to open Deliver the mining info.

I suspect something fishy and help clear the area! would also not be required in this case for Transport info and goods

Last edited:
According to me Mining on the Island gave 2 tokens.
And I think Robohunter (and The Allophyls certainly is not) is required to open Deliver the mining info.

That's correct, you can get "Deliver the mining info" mission w/o finishing "The Allophyls" (not sure about Robohunter though)

I suspect something fishy and help clear the area! would also not be required in this case for Transport info and goods

Well, that's wrong - i have killed the fishies, and got the "Help clear the area" where i am supposed to kill 70 insects, but i can't get the "Transport info and goods" (yet) - the 70 insect mission is required to unlock it.

And in general - i think that a mission unlock depends only on ONE other mission, or a "mission A OR mission B" combination, but very likely not on a "mission A AND mission B" combination - if you want people to finish both, mission A and mission B to unlock another mission, you can make mission B require mission A and you're set.

That's correct, you can get "Deliver the mining info" mission w/o finishing "The Allophyls" (not sure about Robohunter though)

Well, that's wrong - i have killed the fishies, and got the "Help clear the area" where i am supposed to kill 70 insects, but i can't get the "Transport info and goods" (yet) - the 70 insect mission is required to unlock it.

And in general - i think that a mission unlock depends only on ONE other mission, or a "mission A OR mission B" combination, but very likely not on a "mission A AND mission B" combination - if you want people to finish both, mission A and mission B to unlock another mission, you can make mission B require mission A and you're set.

Thanks wizzszz for your insight.
I will do Help clear the area and kill 70 insects first, to see if that opens Transport info and good. I do think it won't. Will let you know.

Thanks wizzszz for your insight.
I will do Help clear the area and kill 70 insects first, to see if that opens Transport info and good. I do think it won't. Will let you know.

I have completed every other mission available (everything at the bot digsite + the radar + rippersnapper) at this camp, and i have tried (even after receiving the "Help clear the area" mission) whether i could get this mission from someone, but i couldn't.

I will update this as soon as i can confirm whether it is indeed depending on that mission, but when this wont unlock it i have no idea what will...

I'm not sure there isn't a "complete all missions at the two camps" aka "AND type" condition there. I could not get deliver mining information before I had done the mysterious rocks one, despite having completed all others. It certainly wasn't unlocked for me by insect killing.

I'm not sure there isn't a "complete all missions at the two camps" aka "AND type" condition there. I could not get deliver mining information before I had done the mysterious rocks one, despite having completed all others. It certainly wasn't unlocked for me by insect killing.

Thanks Remontoire!
BTW insect killing is at the Camouflaged camp (West). I call it West because there is another called exactly the same, which I call Camouflaged camp (SE). Deliver mining information is from the Research camp which is logically preceeding the Camouflaged camp (West).

So, it really points to an AND requirement (not the one you are stating above Remontoire), but multiple missions have to be done before the final one, moving you basically to the next camp. I have done Mysterious rocks before completing Mining on the Island & Dig for energy. Then I completed both these two before I got Deliver the mining info. So either those two are (also) dependencies or just one of them.
My guess would be Deliver the mining info has all three as a preceeding requirement, which would be logical as you then have collected all the mining info.

Just updated my interpretation in the following graphical walkthrough. I have put in question marks about which I'm still uncertain:

Last edited:

Actually, i was trying to say that there is no "AND type" at all, at most a "OR", but even there i am not sure (this is based on the two possible ways to obtain a fight club ticket (last batch of missions involving the RX unit and Chucks hideout)

Or, to rephrase it:
We should try to narrow it down to exactly one single mission that is required, because that makes the most sense from a developers point of view.

The "killing insects" mission got nothing to do with the "in general" statement i made (last paragraph in my post)

Thanks Remontoire!
BTW insect killing is at the Camouflaged camp (West). I call it West because there is another called exactly the same, which I call Camouflaged camp (SE). Delivering mining information is from the Research camp which is logically preceeding the Camouflaged camp (West).

So, it really points to an AND requirement, multiple missions have to be done before the final one, moving you basically to the next camp. I have done Mysterious rocks before completing Mining on the Island & Dig for energy. Then I completed both before I got Deliver the mining info. So either those two arUpdatede dependencies or just one of them.
My guess would be Deliver the mining info has all three as a preceeding requirement, which would be logical as you then have collected all the mining info.

Just updated my interpretation in the following graphical walkthrough. I have put in question marks about which I'm still uncertain:

As far as i can remember, i got the "Deliver the mining info" right as i reported back from the "Dig for energy" (means from the same NPC, in the same dialog iirc - albeit i always try to operate NPCs again after a completed mission)

What i can tell for sure is that neither completing "The robot commander" does
unlock "Transport info and goods" nor "The radar" - as mentioned earlier:

...(everything at the bot digsite + the radar + rippersnapper)...

I have completed both, even long before hunting the 70 fishies.

Actually, i was trying to say that there is no "AND type" at all, at most a "OR", but even there i am not sure (this is based on the two possible ways to obtain a fight club ticket (last batch of missions involving the RX unit and Chucks hideout)

Or, to rephrase it:
We should try to narrow it down to exactly one single mission that is required, because that makes the most sense from a developers point of view.

I guess we just found out it is AND and not OR, see my remark below:

The "killing insects" mission got nothing to do with the "in general" statement i made (last paragraph in my post)

As far as i can remember, i got the "Deliver the mining info" right as i reported back from the "Dig for energy" (means from the same NPC, in the same dialog iirc - albeit i always try to operate NPCs again after a completed mission)

What i can tell for sure is that neither completing "The robot commander" does
unlock "Transport info and goods" nor "The radar" - as mentioned earlier:

I have completed both, even long before hunting the 70 fishies.

Remontoire mentioned he done all missions except Mysterious Rocks, and got Deliver the mining info after Mysterious Rocks. Did I get that right Remontoire?

Wizzszz, you wrote above, you got Deliver the mining info directly after reporting in "Dig for energy".

So both seem to be preceeding required missions.

Wizzszz, you wrote above, you got Deliver the mining info directly after reporting in "Dig for energy".

I'm not sure where I was on dig for energy when i got it or when i had completed it. I think to be safe we need somebody who has done only dig for energy, but none of the other missions, and see if they can get the 'deliver mining info' mission.

I guess we just found out it is AND and not OR, see my remark below:

I don't think so i am afraid - as i said before, there is no reason to have an a mission z require that you complete x AND y first when you can make make z require y, and y in turn require x, the outcome is the same: You can't do z without completing x AND y before (the only difference is that you cannot START y before you complete x)

I recommen that you re-read my last posts, somehow you seem to miss pretty much everything but the first two lines... :scratch2:

Remontoire mentioned he done all missions except Mysterious Rocks, and got Deliver the mining info after Mysterious Rocks. Did I get that right Remontoire?

Well, i have not said (and i cannot remember) when i completed the "Mysterious Rocks" mission.
I started both (because i always take all available missions, they i might complete parts of another mission while trying to complete one), and reported back after i got the Enmatter mission done.

I think you have a little flaw in the way you are trying to find the dependencies - you should look for "when was it still unavailable" rather than looking when it was available.

"Mysterious Rocks" is a single mission (or the end point for the "Go to the research camp" mission),
"Deliver the mining info" is unlocked by "Dig for Energy".

Checking your chat log should give some extra info about when a mission has been started, updated and completed.
(unfortunately i switched logging off a while ago and forgot to switch it back on again - but others will have these info somewhere on their hd - probably even you :p )

I'm not sure where I was on dig for energy when i got it or when i had completed it. I think to be safe we need somebody who has done only dig for energy, but none of the other missions, and see if they can get the 'deliver mining info' mission.

No problemo. I have a friend who's not completed Dig for energy, Mining on the Island, Exploring swamp, Go to research camp and Mysterious rocks. So I will ask him to do Dig for energy first.

Will let you know.

Update: only Dig for energy does not unlock Deliver the mining info

Last edited:
new(?) mission

Got this one last night from the guy next to the nice car at Camp Poseidon.

"The Easy Race"

Reward: 2 tokens

How does it unlock? The broker mentioned something about helping his friends out. I had just turned in the "Kill more traeskerons" mission. I've also completed all of the Ft. Victoria missions except the daily hunter one. But I don't really know what triggered it.

Nope, not new at all, there is a post somewhere which details the unlocks, I thik doing the car guy mission in the trask swamp unlocks it

Back