PVP options (see post)

• Total voters

GeorgeSkywalker

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
George Ace Skywalker
I would like to see some of the following for PVP:

- Invisibility cloak (renders player invisible to others - note we allready have this in game as a bug on umbra suit)

- Radar blackout (a drink or something worn that can black out your green dot on radar)

- Health Bar blackout (again some drink or cloak that can remove your health bar)

Could make it so that you can have one or two of the above but not all three ;)

We allready have a Umbra Suit in game that allows invisibility but it's a bug and will probably be removed. Vote above on what youy like to keep.

So... basically for wannabe pkers who want to be able to sneak up on miners but also avoid real pkers?

So... basically for wannabe pkers who want to be able to sneak up on miners but also avoid real pkers?

Think of it this way say a miner had these. He could go around in peace mine away in pvp and exit and less likely to be jumped on.

Think of it this way say a miner had these. He could go around in peace mine away in pvp and exit and less likely to be jumped on.

No, a miner would be more likely to be jumped on, since he can't charge that tp chip until it's too late.

No, a miner would be more likely to be jumped on, since he can't charge that tp chip until it's too late.

How is a miner more likely to be attacked if he is invisible, doesn't appear on radar and has no health bar? :scratch2:

Invisibility cloak -imo this should be a mindforce chip (L) they really need to do something with MF

Radar blackout IMO this sould be automatic when you enter a PvP zone

How is a miner more likely to be attacked if he is invisible, doesn't appear on radar and has no health bar? :scratch2:

Because of the big flash of light that is a bomb going off? That and not being able to escape from pkers of course. Currently, I can get away from pkers pretty easily in pvp4 due to the chances that they tping unto of me being pretty small. With this, they can see me while I can't see them. Hence it would make me more likely to be pked. Simple really.

Then again, any changes that reduce the number of people going into pvp4 is good too, fewer pkers waiting for people since no one shows up.

Its on the roadmap...somewhere...

Because of the big flash of light that is a bomb going off? That and not being able to escape from pkers of course. Currently, I can get away from pkers pretty easily in pvp4 due to the chances that they tping unto of me being pretty small. With this, they can see me while I can't see them. Hence it would make me more likely to be pked. Simple really.

That's true bomb drops and other items you are carrying can give away your position but think about it. If you were invisible, had no health bar and did not appear on radar could you not alter your strategy and use that to your advantage?

That's true bomb drops and other items you are carrying can give away your position but think about it. If you were invisible, had no health bar and did not appear on radar could you not alter your strategy and use that to your advantage?

Only by not dropping bombs. Who wants to only mine enmatter in pvp4? :p

Only by not dropping bombs. Who wants to only mine enmatter in pvp4? :p

for some reason i think your just hell bent on disagreeing for the sake of it. ok your choice i guess but if i was a miner and had these new features I'd drop bombs when radar is clear and hence less likely to be spotted since it's unlikely someone else with such gear is also in neighbourhood. Also if it worries you soo much, another solution could be developed but i'll let you post that if your interested but somehow i sense you want everything as is, which is fair enough.

for some reason i think your just hell bent on disagreeing for the sake of it. ok your choice i guess but if i was a miner and had these new features I'd drop bombs when radar is clear and hence less likely to be spotted since it's unlikely someone else with such gear is also in neighbourhood. Also if it worries you soo much, another solution could be developed but i'll let you post that if your interested but somehow i sense you want everything as is, which is fair enough.

When radar is clear? Wasn't the whole point that even when radar is clear you don't know if someone is there or not? lol

Sorry, I'm disagreeing only because your idea isn't sound, not because I feel disagreeable today.

I would put your idea like this:

1. Disable autoshoot in pvp.
2. Disable radar in pvp.

I disagree with 2, think the invisibility thing is a bug, and MA shouldn't keep it as a feature because it is hax :p

Last edited:
Radar blackout IMO this sould be automatic when you enter a PvP zone

Agree with this one, even tho I would be killed more easily then now with it lol
(at least now I see the dot and can try and suicide or upset some mob that want to smash me to pieces before :D)

not invisibility, but how about a "holoprojector" making you look like a rock? :D you would have to stand still for it to work ofc, since a moving rock would be suspicious ;)

not invisibility, but how about a "holoprojector" making you look like a rock? :D you would have to stand still for it to work ofc, since a moving rock would be suspicious ;)

Haha, that would be cool. Maybe you can have different versions so you can pick from different rock and tree appearances to fit in your environment hehe

hehe good one, now the PK people need to remember exactly how the area looks where each stone is and if there is a new "stone" it's almost certain it contains gold :D

no invisibility bug/cheats in pvp :)
just you and u gun
maybe best way - only swords

Voted Other.
I want to see (new) pvp-area where radar is disabled as basic.
I want this area to be a hardcore pvparea, so it shouldn't be the best area for a picknick... ;)

he he ...and what if a miner mines you :) if you have lots of peds he will have struck it rich ..lol

I like the radar balckout idea, except instead of having an entire blackout they could throw in some story about the contamination effecting the radar system. Instead of being on or off it could flicker on and off every few seconds giving you a quick glimpse of what is around, but keeping some mystery in it.

Just an idea

I like the radar balckout idea, except instead of having an entire blackout they could throw in some story about the contamination effecting the radar system. Instead of being on or off it could flicker on and off every few seconds giving you a quick glimpse of what is around, but keeping some mystery in it.

Just an idea

or have heavy static in it so it is hard to see?

or saying "normal radar disrupted, using sonar instead" and only show which general direction mobs/gds are? :silly2:

or have "radar disruptors" that will work on every avatar within radar range for a se amount of time? :)

or have heavy static in it so it is hard to see?

or saying "normal radar disrupted, using sonar instead" and only show which general direction mobs/gds are? :silly2:

or have "radar disruptors" that will work on every avatar within radar range for a se amount of time? :)

Yeah I like it, basically anything that makes it a bit more challenging than spotting a green dot and chasing it down :)

just take your gun and fight back ! :wtg:

Last edited:
Hmm... interesting. I'd like to see radar jammers and light bending fields at some time (Perhaps as (L) MF chips?), but sadly I can only see it as a way to make it even more costly for PKers (Now only you would need the PKing gear, but also invest into Mindforce skills and equipment? As if it weren't expensive and boring (At times) enough? :scratch2: ) and costly and harder for miners (You don't want to pay for radar jamming and invisibility? Too bad, everybody else is doing it, you are screwed. :D ), so in the end even less traffic to PvP zones. Dunno. :(

Ok - I voted:
- to keep invisibility
- green dot blackout
- healthbar disable

BUT ....

None of those really cover what I think should happen AND what is a FAIR way to do things:

KEEP INVISIBILITY
Yes but make it switchable - also I DO believe that switching ON invisibility should have a higher decay cost than merely wearing a VISIBLE suit.

Joking apart - I DO like my Umbra suit in its visible form - most ppl do.

GREEN DOT BLACKOUT
I believe this "can" be tied to invisibility but I believe it is better as a PvP feature. Go into PvP - green dots are NOT seen - NO green dots. Move out of PvP - green dot is immediately switched on (ie not even delayed by the same period as vulnerability is delayed) - READ "XXX" below.

HEALTH BAR - D R A G .. OUT
We STILL need a healthbar BUT by disallowing DRAG OUT, it merely disables auto aiming. Such a feature should be tied directly to INVISIBILITY.

I may modify some of the above views slightly as this thread progresses BUT I do NOT believe that "ALL ADVANTAGES to INVISIBILITY" is fair to all - there still has to be a sense of FAIR PLAY (oh boy !! - does THAT ever identify me as Australian !!)

"XXX" (as reference above) - Upon exit, invisibility remains, as does our few seconds of PvP vulnerability BUT the green dot appears IMMEDIATELY upon exit. Thus - STRATEGY and CUNNING are still required to remain safe whilst exiting - this gives all Ava's a chance to make a kill (either way) as now.

I say all of the above with the FULL KNOWLEDGE that there is ONE MAJOR WEAKNESS in an INVISABLE UMBRA SUIT - that is - we go in naked - NO ARMOUR - NO WEAPONS at the ready - against ubber armour and ubber weapons this is our weakness - for a "fair go" - it should remain as our weakness.

Thus STRATEGY and TACTICS are required and this can only be done if we have weaknesses too.

Aussie DOG !!

Last edited:

Then again, any changes that reduce the number of people going into pvp4 is good too, fewer pkers waiting for people since no one shows up.

Ya maybe because it is insanely hard to get miners now.. Something like this would be great and has been reccomended many times in the last few years.

Of course you can get away from pkers now, a monkey wearing a tutu would be able to get away from a pker with the zone currently as it is. You basically want no risk, which isn't what lootable pvp should be about. You take time to mine, and we as pkers take time to mine you. You make money from your time, we don't make money unless we can mine you. Can't wait until the day that i blast you with 200+ peds :)

Back