multiple avatars..

The real reason why i made this thread ,is that i am wondering if you would get a ban or not. Its possible and not even that expensive to graduate your alts. Like repairing, you could be afk and let alt repair a few days, sell skills and maybe even break even on costs? And indeed. probably you will get a whole bunch of crap armor parts, but maybe get a few nice rewards too.

Translation: Can I do something which is clearly against the EULA and as such, immoral as part of the community. My only consideration is, will I get caught cheating if I do it.

May aswell have titled the thread, can u tell me the best way to cheat/scam/get free monies!!!!

If I made multiple avatars I would name them Thing1, Thing2, Thing3, etc...

What if......someone made a second avatar, let it run on foma till it graduates. As you can bomb double as fast as on planet, newbee avatar could get fast skills and graduate fast. And if 1 graduates, make new avatar and do the same..
Maybe at a certain point you will have 57 graduated disciples and are in top of mentor list. Would it be possible or would mindark find out and kick you in the arse?:)

What if

I remember a time when people ( in my fl and yes, I liked them too ) made socs of 40, 50, 60 members with the sole purpose of avoiding the sweat limit.

Fail.

i also meet people who make multiple avas who gather their egineering and crafting skills to avoid EU limits.

Fail

The thing is... and this is a delicate point. If you play for fun, and you don't want to cheat other people:

#1 try another game

#2 take more drugs

To tru to play this foul as win is lying

I am reasonably composed now. My family has gone to bed.

So now we can talk among fucked up people.

I am sad we think losses are are an event of bad eco. NO

I am sad we diss people who want to hunt Prots and Evis and fat Trox, and. and

The point is we have to be pissed they hate us.

We are the power.

It makes me laugh nub shit hunters think they have a call.

Have a look at my blog - http://eutalk.wordpress.com/

The use of multiple avatars is utterly endemic on the auctions. I've been writing about it on the blog for the last couple of months. And I've provided plenty of evidence to back up my case with regards to one person in particular.

We're not just talking about an extra character. We're talking about people using 7, 8, 9, maybe more. And, in some cases, it's blatant. There's no attempt to hide what the person is doing. Every extra avatar gives the person an additional 30 auction slots to play with. It gives these people a huge advantage in trading on the auction. And some of them been doing it for years. Unfortunatley, MA aren't interested in stopping it.

The use of multiple avatars is utterly endemic on the auctions. I've been writing about it on the blog for the last couple of months. And I've provided plenty of evidence to back up my case with regards to one person in particular.

We're not just talking about an extra character. We're talking about people using 7, 8, 9, maybe more. And, in some cases, it's blatant. There's no attempt to hide what the person is doing. Every extra avatar gives the person an additional 30 auction slots to play with. It gives these people a huge advantage in trading on the auction. And some of them been doing it for years. Unfortunatley, MA aren't interested in stopping it.

wow, i am impressed:)

Translation: Can I do something which is clearly against the EULA and as such, immoral as part of the community. My only consideration is, will I get caught cheating if I do it.

May aswell have titled the thread, can u tell me the best way to cheat/scam/get free monies!!!!

i must accept that you have a good point there.
Collecting info for... future "investements" lol.

Seems to me like this is a permission thread or a is everyone else doing it so I can question.

And tbh its not a bad one considering the blatent use of alts already.
This use in essence cuts out the potential profits of one player and gives more to a select group of others...kinda on a bad balance of fraud on a class action basis, since its traceable. Remember Volume in crafting is optimal not only for turnover but for skills, it dilutes the ability of every new crafters' ability to skill, and the chance to start a career in crafting at all really.

The poster above noticed a case of 7-8 at least on one person....I know of many more. He is right just watching auction you can see the blatent use....I even saw one brave one doing it on rocktropia with an alt.

Hint: there are only a few pages on RT, when you take up a large portion of that with a couple of alts listing at the same time...its obvious.

At times..I have thought about the possibility that this game is run by the russian mob ......for some reason...

Any how it would be good to know what the official stance is....its bad business because of the liability of even the thought of a "fixed" RCE game.

I could certainly move alot more items that I cannot craft or sell (due to space limitations) and have a demand ( with some very rare bps) for...if i had alts.

Instead...players only see that some items are not on auction when they need them, and pay more in the long run for the increased demand.

I'd like to hear Mindark's answer to these questions. I don't understand the rationale behind the 30 auction limit. A typical hunter or small time miner may not have trouble with the maximum, but any crafter, heavier miner, or trader will easily surpass the 30 auction limit. These are the players who facilitate the economy by providing the most raw materials and items to the rest. It's counter productive for Mindark to limit auctions to 30.

I would suggest a skill-based increase system. Newbies start at 10 auctions and the number goes up based on attributes:

(total attribute count - 80) / 2

Or some formula like that. It would give incentive to traders to develop their avatar and some additional rewards to those who have spent years skilling.

Last edited:
I would suggest a skill-based increase system. Newbies start at 10 and the number goes up based on 50% of your total attribute count (minus hp) or some formula like that. Would give incentive to traders to develop their avatar and some additional rewards to those who have spent years skilling.

Today I spotted one of the more active auction resellers and noticed she had the OJs in rags (meaning they weren't even repaired after last VU) and attributes between 1 and 3 (probably just from beginner level missions).

Maybe a skill based system would "force" the resellers to either resell in their own name (ie their "primary" avatar) or actually do things beside standing by auctioneer all day long. One good thing with attributes is that they have to be earned - an auction reseller wouldn't be able to eat chips just to gain slots without leaving auctioneer.

One Group of people who takes a hit on this would be the "street traders", but the ones of the street traders that wouldn't lose would be the street traders who's trading to afford to do other activities.

I once years ago, had someone "accuse" my wife and I of being the same person. at the time we shared a pc, and I would log out so she could log in, they claimed since they never saw us together, and we always came on right after each other..we must be a ALT!

Had to send a copy of proof of identity (I used our passports). had there not been a real ID for both of us, who knows..as it turned out MA apologized and let "us" get back to playing.

I once years ago, had someone "accuse" my wife and I of being the same person.

In some cases it's a normal suspicion. I've seen someone selling items in auction with nearly the same name as a crafter, with just a different spelling (let's say crafter name ends with "-ov" and the wife avatar "-ova").

One time I was out hunting I saw "Fluske's boss" run after Fluske and fap him, I thought then they either of them must be an alt. Though in that case I'm nowdays pretty sure that it's completely legitemately ::laugh: (Also I was wondering why would the boss be fapping? why not the other way around). After a time it became a bit more clear that there wasn't an alt - the wife is "she who decides"/"the minister" ofc.

The thing that wakes suspicion is if someone only list things in auction for instance. Especially if the listed item was purchased by someone else.

Last edited:
What if......someone made a second avatar, let it run on foma till it graduates. As you can bomb double as fast as on planet, newbee avatar could get fast skills and graduate fast. And if 1 graduates, make new avatar and do the same..
Maybe at a certain point you will have 57 graduated disciples and are in top of mentor list. Would it be possible or would mindark find out and kick you in the arse?:)

Blah.

Not even close.

Multiple avatars are like a second cousin here. I think my previous posts are a few drunken covers of reality.

I never made one, never wanted too ( not often ) but I have known many people accept who did. SO let's not pretend we are so cool, and straight we are all so level-headed. Yanno, I think they spoil the game. But to think they don't play a role in EU is dumb.

Multiples are a fact.

I never made one, never wanted too ( not often ) but I have known many people accept who did. SO let's not pretend we are so cool, and straight we are all so level-headed. Yanno, I think they spoil the game. But to think they don't play a role in EU is dumb.

There is the opposite also: Shared avatars.

As for wanted one: When space came I started to want one.

Thanks god.
This is no longer me :)

(Got 58 so im not the one who u talk about :D)

:rolleyes::smoke:

There is the opposite also: Shared avatars.
yep. Shared avatars are definitely a problem. Also any 'funds' are a sometimes a problem since they are shared avatars that claim to be "investments".

Pretty much like everyone else has said. Mindark would lock account if they ever found you. Otherwise you would have plenty of graduations hofs

Mants

This guy!
Wow.

I have loads of alt avatars, ban be bishes.

In all seriousness, I just use them to test out theories. I'm too stupid to make profit out of them (read: $10/hr profit is not worth my fucking time).

I have 1 on ark, rock, 2 on caly (personal alts) and 2 old friends who quit and I now have their login details.

Alongside my own, ofc. I once tried to use an alt to get my 87 professions unlock (stuck at 86/1 - mentor) but I got bored at 29% graduated cos it's actually real fuckin boring playing with sub-80 agility... SLOOOOW.

To be honest, you know what to do with actual scamming/alt-trading accounts - don't buy from them, spread the word. As you all say, it's obvious which accounts are alt sellers avatars..

Remember how even years ago MA spammed that they had 1 million registered accounts, wonder how that happened....

Before when we had a stop at a maximum 207 points in the sweat gathering most players had multiple avatars it was free to sweat and it was good money, on that time you got 10-15 ped per 1k sweat and when your avatar got this max at 207 skillpoints you put in a new avatar in to the game.

There you have the "1 million registered accounts".:wise:

Before when we had a stop at a maximum 207 points in the sweat gathering most players had multiple avatars it was free to sweat and it was good money, on that time you got 10-15 ped per 1k sweat and when your avatar got this max at 207 skillpoints you put in a new avatar in to the game.

There you have the "1 million registered accounts".:wise:

Of those 1 million, I am personally accountable for at least 8.
But we know that MA are not a fan of transparency.

Let's play with some numbers, for fun;
I personally think 200k is still stretching it, but more reasonable. So...
200k/10years = 20k year. 20k/52weeks = 384.6 UNIQUE account registrations per week.
Even that sounds obsurd, though not impossible.
Multiply that by 5 though (as MA would have you believe) and you're just kidding yourself if you think there are that many (1923) new players every week.

there is about 100 active players, as was made obvious in the recent "vote for MA" thing toplist thing. only about 100 people voted. :dunce:

there is about 100 active players, as was made obvious in the recent "vote for MA" thing toplist thing. only about 100 people voted. :dunce:

I have never heard of this "vote for ma thing toplist".... so probably atleast 101 active players. Active players amount can be little bit more easily seen by unique globals on entropialife.(and add about 50% to it (players who dont global or only global in teams) so more like 8000 active/semiactive players . Also over 1k auction pages, very few players use auction enough to fill one au page (two is maximum), most ppl have like <5 auctions running so also over 3.5k players atleast playing.

problem with tracking globals to determine user base.

Is how many of those "users" are Ma Reps, pushing up hofs for advertisement. and how many are alts, out playing today. have to significantly trim the global numbers just for alts alone. how many in just this thread alone claimed to have 4 or more? so maybe more like every 6 avatars = 1 real person?

Again you cant count auction listing to determine player count because the majority of top sellers are alts, and have more than 1 active selling on ah at a time.

where would 3 thousand active people be hiding? its always the same names in all the planet towns. NI is dead, Cyrene is dead, Arka quarry usually has 10 people in it, less for RT lagoon. Twins peaks on caly runs about 20-30 people at peak times.

There is not thousands of players at any one time...unless they are all hermit ninjas.

Last edited:
My guess would be that one in fifty people run tracker and the most tracker clients i've seen running at one time is about 200, so i'd guess 10,000 unique players online max at any one time.

What if.. you stopped imagining multiple avatars as a threat to your gaming experience?

Trust me. They are all around. By your side at the crafting machine. On your corner when shooting Prots. Over the hill when mining for narc.

Please. The issue is not if there are alts, but how do we get rid of them. And no, MA does not care a shit, since each alt generates income.

Now this is the issue.

Possible to ban users on this thread for Eula violations? We have a few clear admissions.
I am not opposed to seeing such member on this forum disappear, or give them any more opportunities to sell via this forum.

Any similar IP connections as well would be great...as has been done in the past.

Last edited:
Back