Multiple finds on one spot!

schafie

Provider
Society
Holland.Nu
Rich Schafie Whatever
I have been mining for quite some time. I tried various techniques. None of them really seem to be reliable.

I did develop 1 technique that seems to give repeating results:
Whenever I find something I walk to the claim and throw another bomb or probe. If I find something with that I walk to that claim and repeat the process.

On several ocasions i found up to 4 claims in a row like that. My record is 7. This works best with Enmatter, with Enmatter it occurs more. But if I had to make a guess on Ores 1 out of 5-6 finds has at least another find next to it and with Enmatter that's 1 out of 4-5 finds.

Still you can ask yourself the question if this technique is worth it. 5 out of 6 finds you lose at least 1 extra bomb (1 out of 6 finds has another find near remember, so 5 out of 6 don't!!!).

I have some screenshots to show my point:

I said I have found up to 7 near eachother, it's just hard to catch all finds on 1 screenshot. But these came out nice I think.

I am wondering if anyone else uses a similar technique and how that works for him or her. To me it seems to work out pretty good sometimes.

My figures are a rough estimation of my own experiences, doesn't mean I have investigated on it. This is just something I picked up along the way. So don't shoot me if it doesn't work out like this for you.:cool:

I always double bomb. I have had many big hits on the second one. The biggest was a 9K tower.

I always double bomb. I have had many big hits on the second one. The biggest was a 9K tower.

I guess that would make me a believer too, ;)

ya, double bombing good :) i go for max coverage though and depending on how far away the deposit is from where bomb was detonated, i try for a full search radius :)

ya, double bombing good :) i go for max coverage though and depending on how far away the deposit is from where bomb was detonated, i try for a full search radius :)

really.....mmmmmm....don't be that smart :)

yes i always double or well almost always, and also most often the bigger claims can be found in a cluster, thus if you dont double bomb you a likely to miss it. last night i found myself to large in the same cluster so i was happy :D

This has been discussed already in many threads before.

I usually don't double-bomb as:
1) the second/third find is in most of cases smaller than the 1st one;
2) I get larger hit/claim ratio by NOT doublebombing;
3) it is true large claims use to follow each other sometimes, however it also will happen if you will bomb in DIFFERENT places. I have had large claim following another one several times, not far from each other time-wise, however only ONE was gotten by rebombing the area, on accident.
4) you can get these triangles even without rebombing. Today I made a nice waved line of finds like a necklace around the mountain peak, never rebombed. 5 finds in a row, same direction as one I extracted before, would have been 6 otherwise.

I sometimes do rebomb casually though, there are days when it works better than others and on some it doesn't. You should get better results if you don't, imho.

This has been discussed already in many threads before.

I usually don't double-bomb as:
1) the second/third find is in most of cases smaller than the 1st one;
2) I get larger hit/claim ratio by NOT doublebombing;
3) it is true large claims use to follow each other sometimes, however it also will happen if you will bomb in DIFFERENT places. I have had large claim following another one several times, not far from each other time-wise, however only ONE was gotten by rebombing the area, on accident.
4) you can get these triangles even without rebombing. Today I made a nice waved line of finds like a necklace around the mountain peak, never rebombed. 5 finds in a row, same direction as one I extracted before, would have been 6 otherwise.

I sometimes do rebomb casually though, there are days when it works better than others and on some it doesn't. You should get better results if you don't, imho.

actually sofia, I tend to find that rebomb's are HUGELY superior.

Take last night, I dropped 8 rebombs, which resulted in:
2 V himi's, IX nik, and 2 VIII blaus

o_O

Hmm.. well, ookay... I might just try rebombing each time the next time I go mining... but, 8 rebombs, you don't do that every time, now do you!?:rolleyes:

o_O

Hmm.. well, ookay... I might just try rebombing each time the next time I go mining... but, 8 rebombs, you don't do that every time, now do you!?:rolleyes:

I think he does it this way, bomb find a claim then move to that claim and bomb there, if another is found he bombs again until no claims are found, then he moves to the next one and repeat.

I usually do this and once i hit a huge cluster with some 25+ claims :D It's damn rare to find such a big cluster though.

On a recent mining trip, I followed the "rebomb" methodology. I think I had only 2 hits out of 40 or so, when rebombing, and all were "piss-poor" or less. So, once again, loot potential seems to have an avatar 'luck'-based component moreso than any other factor.

On a recent mining trip, I followed the "rebomb" methodology. I think I had only 2 hits out of 40 or so, when rebombing, and all were "piss-poor" or less. So, once again, loot potential seems to have an avatar 'luck'-based component moreso than any other factor.

there are trips like that.

But, I tried one single rebomb today, on a IV Narc, I got VI Niks and by rebombing again, rebomb third time - a long pause then nothing, like the ones I mostly get in NRF periods instead of claims.

I always rebomb if the claim is not too far from detonation point.

It works and I found my only uber ever that way :)

Same here - I'd never have got my best find without double bombing. Although by the sounds of it compared to some of the others on this thread 1667 peds of Caldorite is quite modest.

Finally got a global on a double bomb about a week ago. Still I've lost pretty big double bombing even counting that, yet i still do it hehe. Least the global erased a chunk of the loss doing it.

I have my own opinion about rebombing:

When you get a find, area around find is reset (in other words becomes as it was before the find). Will you find or not other find next to first - depends only from commom loot (generation of claims).

So, if the generation of finds is good at the given place and time - I tend to rebomb as well, and it usualy leads to other find.

If the generation of finds is bad - you can do rebombing - but you will find much less finds next to first.

Back